Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Saving Jigsaw puzzle progress?
1 2
[b]About the game "Jigsaw" in the Fairgrounds:[/b] While the rewards for solving puzzles are awesome, it can take a very long time for even some of the quickest puzzle solvers to solve medium to large puzzles, particularly large puzzles. Obviously we can't just sit there 24/7 solving a puzzle. It would be nice to be able to save puzzle progress, shut down our computer, leave for whatever place we need to go to in real life (school, work, etc) with the timer paused, then when we come back to solve some more, the puzzle is how we left it and the timer continues. Another reason to save progress is because I find this site tends to drop connection or freeze a lot. At which point Jigsaw is replaced with a notice saying that the connection has been dropped and the puzzle I was working so hard on is gone. I have to start all over. That's pretty frustrating. So if it were possible to add a "save" function to Jigsaw I would be immensely grateful. ;w; [b]Edit:[/b] Oh gosh thanks for the support, I didn't get a notice about it, heh! I also like this idea: [quote name="Aerazura" date=2015-05-04 14:06:06] The screen could be greyed out or what have you to protect it against cheaters if even a pause button was introduced. [/quote]
About the game "Jigsaw" in the Fairgrounds:

While the rewards for solving puzzles are awesome, it can take a very long time for even some of the quickest puzzle solvers to solve medium to large puzzles, particularly large puzzles. Obviously we can't just sit there 24/7 solving a puzzle. It would be nice to be able to save puzzle progress, shut down our computer, leave for whatever place we need to go to in real life (school, work, etc) with the timer paused, then when we come back to solve some more, the puzzle is how we left it and the timer continues.

Another reason to save progress is because I find this site tends to drop connection or freeze a lot. At which point Jigsaw is replaced with a notice saying that the connection has been dropped and the puzzle I was working so hard on is gone. I have to start all over. That's pretty frustrating.

So if it were possible to add a "save" function to Jigsaw I would be immensely grateful. ;w;

Edit: Oh gosh thanks for the support, I didn't get a notice about it, heh!

I also like this idea:
Aerazura wrote on 2015-05-04:
The screen could be greyed out or what have you to protect it against cheaters if even a pause button was introduced.
Probably not interested in your shenanigans.
GRJiKLO.png
oh yes support. once i spent over 1 hour on a puzzle and i don't want to go through that again
oh yes support. once i spent over 1 hour on a puzzle and i don't want to go through that again
tired_by_teethys-db4wz4f.gif
support, that would be so useful!
support, that would be so useful!
This would be a grand idea. I often have to step away from the computer for a minute or more and saving progress would be great.
The screen could be greyed out or what have you to protect it against cheaters if even a pause button was introduced.
This would be a grand idea. I often have to step away from the computer for a minute or more and saving progress would be great.
478Ynjw.png
Support! I like the jigsaw puzzles but would love to be able to save them.
Support! I like the jigsaw puzzles but would love to be able to save them.
[quote name="Dragobir" date=2015-05-04 11:37:37] oh yes support. once i spent over 1 hour on a puzzle and i don't want to go through that again [/quote]
Dragobir wrote on 2015-05-04:
Bump.
Bump.
Probably not interested in your shenanigans.
GRJiKLO.png
As someone who has a large puzzle crash when I only had two pieces left to put in, yes... yes I support this.
As someone who has a large puzzle crash when I only had two pieces left to put in, yes... yes I support this.
D: I also would like this option please.
D: I also would like this option please.
Support.

I'm surprised it dosn't have one; that's a pretty basic feature of virtual jigsaw puzzles.
Support.

I'm surprised it dosn't have one; that's a pretty basic feature of virtual jigsaw puzzles.

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
1 2