Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nuzlocke: The Crippled Fae
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@PvtPuns Great story so far! Can't wait to see what happens next :O would you please add me to the pinglist too? :)
@PvtPuns Great story so far! Can't wait to see what happens next :O would you please add me to the pinglist too? :)
kV9q7M8.gif
@Russette

Sure!
@Russette

Sure!
My lair is a Nuzlocke Lair! Follow the story here!
@Vellain @AnaliAmber @Pyromania @FlyingNorth @FiddleRiddle
@SylphofPens @Gwineira @kingofeli @ArouraBorialice @Arsi
@Solaristigres @Liatai @haikwoshevo @magichats @argenteamoon
@survivors @meowsee @sellenair @foxxlight @ephyra
@averis @neptune404 @owlstar7 @ithika @redwood
@Digimon11 @DaFryingPan @IronPen @Antaria @InkdemonCuddles
@Russette

014: Sighting

Sydonia

Talbot seemed to have picked up on the knot that had formed in her stomach. His pace had quickened the previous morning, and they’d covered double the ground they normally did. Neither of them stopped to eat. Sydonia couldn’t eat. Apprehension stole her appetite and kept her awake. She suspected Talbot simply hadn’t wanted to stop, not with her so on edge. She appreciated it greatly, though she worried for his health.

They were just investigating, of course. Nothing would come out of it… Neveah was dead, after all. Everyone was. They would meet this pair of travelers and they would be nameless, faceless dragons. Strangers. But she knew this tightness in her stomach would not go away until she knew for sure. She needed to know.

“Can I ask you something?” Talbot spoke up while he ran, climbing over decaying columns and walls.

“...Okay,” Sydonia replied after a moment, looking down to his face. He didn’t look up at her, focusing on the path before him.

“We’re going because you know a dragon like one of them, right?”

Sydonia paused.

“Yes.”

“When we get there, if it does turn out to be whoever you’re thinking… can I still… can I stay? With you?”

First, she was surprised that Talbot would even feel the need to ask. Then she recalled the terms of their first meeting. It hadn’t been long ago, but since then she had come to enjoy his presence. He had become something of a fixture. She hoped that he did not still feel as if he needed to prove something to her.

“I wouldn’t leave a friend behind,” the fae responded, gently patting the head-fin closest to where she perched.

Talbot fell silent. Briefly, Sydonia worried that somehow she had hurt him or made him uncomfortable. She could not see his face very well from where she sat.

“...You… we’re friends?” he finally asked, his voice wavering.

“I consider us to be. I apologize if I’ve offended-”

“No! No, I… I’m not offended or anything like that, I-- I’m really happy!” Talbot exclaimed.

He felt as if his heart was swelling with joy, as if it might burst from his chest. He opened his wings to briefly glide over an obstacle, feeling a new surge of energy reach even the tips of his toes. A friend! He had a friend! And he would not be left behind again. It was as if a massive weight was lifted from him.

Sydonia relaxed. So that had been it.

They reached the border to the land of water soon after. Sydonia suppressed a disgusted noise at her return to the sunny and sandy beach, focusing instead on scanning the sands for a pair of dragons matching the merchant’s description. A Guardian and a Mirror… it would be an easy silhouette.

“I see them!” Talbot exclaimed. Sydonia’s head-fins lifted, the fae following his line of sight.

“Should I go over?”

Sydonia briefly looked around, to ensure there were not any other travelling pairs of a similar type.

“Yes,” she finally replied, her normally bland voice quaking.

Talbot made his way across the sands quickly, using his wings to propel himself on occasion. The mirror’s colors became apparently first as they closed in. Fuchsia, with hot pink wings… this must be the pair that the merchant mentioned. The guardian was much more reserved in color. A black hide… and stone-colored wings. She would know them anywhere. Anywhere.

The mirror turned and snarled at them as they approached. No doubt they seemed to be a threat, rushing up on the other pair of travelers. Talbot slid to a halt, lowering his head submissively. He didn’t want to fight, not until Sydonia told him if these were the dragons they were looking for.

The guardian had not turned to face them. Perhaps they were waiting for the mirror to determine if they were a threat.

Sydonia stared at the guardian for several minutes, wide-eyed. Her words caught in her throat as she spoke. It felt like her heart skipped several beats.

“...N...Neveah?”

@Vellain @AnaliAmber @Pyromania @FlyingNorth @FiddleRiddle
@SylphofPens @Gwineira @kingofeli @ArouraBorialice @Arsi
@Solaristigres @Liatai @haikwoshevo @magichats @argenteamoon
@survivors @meowsee @sellenair @foxxlight @ephyra
@averis @neptune404 @owlstar7 @ithika @redwood
@Digimon11 @DaFryingPan @IronPen @Antaria @InkdemonCuddles
@Russette

014: Sighting

Sydonia

Talbot seemed to have picked up on the knot that had formed in her stomach. His pace had quickened the previous morning, and they’d covered double the ground they normally did. Neither of them stopped to eat. Sydonia couldn’t eat. Apprehension stole her appetite and kept her awake. She suspected Talbot simply hadn’t wanted to stop, not with her so on edge. She appreciated it greatly, though she worried for his health.

They were just investigating, of course. Nothing would come out of it… Neveah was dead, after all. Everyone was. They would meet this pair of travelers and they would be nameless, faceless dragons. Strangers. But she knew this tightness in her stomach would not go away until she knew for sure. She needed to know.

“Can I ask you something?” Talbot spoke up while he ran, climbing over decaying columns and walls.

“...Okay,” Sydonia replied after a moment, looking down to his face. He didn’t look up at her, focusing on the path before him.

“We’re going because you know a dragon like one of them, right?”

Sydonia paused.

“Yes.”

“When we get there, if it does turn out to be whoever you’re thinking… can I still… can I stay? With you?”

First, she was surprised that Talbot would even feel the need to ask. Then she recalled the terms of their first meeting. It hadn’t been long ago, but since then she had come to enjoy his presence. He had become something of a fixture. She hoped that he did not still feel as if he needed to prove something to her.

“I wouldn’t leave a friend behind,” the fae responded, gently patting the head-fin closest to where she perched.

Talbot fell silent. Briefly, Sydonia worried that somehow she had hurt him or made him uncomfortable. She could not see his face very well from where she sat.

“...You… we’re friends?” he finally asked, his voice wavering.

“I consider us to be. I apologize if I’ve offended-”

“No! No, I… I’m not offended or anything like that, I-- I’m really happy!” Talbot exclaimed.

He felt as if his heart was swelling with joy, as if it might burst from his chest. He opened his wings to briefly glide over an obstacle, feeling a new surge of energy reach even the tips of his toes. A friend! He had a friend! And he would not be left behind again. It was as if a massive weight was lifted from him.

Sydonia relaxed. So that had been it.

They reached the border to the land of water soon after. Sydonia suppressed a disgusted noise at her return to the sunny and sandy beach, focusing instead on scanning the sands for a pair of dragons matching the merchant’s description. A Guardian and a Mirror… it would be an easy silhouette.

“I see them!” Talbot exclaimed. Sydonia’s head-fins lifted, the fae following his line of sight.

“Should I go over?”

Sydonia briefly looked around, to ensure there were not any other travelling pairs of a similar type.

“Yes,” she finally replied, her normally bland voice quaking.

Talbot made his way across the sands quickly, using his wings to propel himself on occasion. The mirror’s colors became apparently first as they closed in. Fuchsia, with hot pink wings… this must be the pair that the merchant mentioned. The guardian was much more reserved in color. A black hide… and stone-colored wings. She would know them anywhere. Anywhere.

The mirror turned and snarled at them as they approached. No doubt they seemed to be a threat, rushing up on the other pair of travelers. Talbot slid to a halt, lowering his head submissively. He didn’t want to fight, not until Sydonia told him if these were the dragons they were looking for.

The guardian had not turned to face them. Perhaps they were waiting for the mirror to determine if they were a threat.

Sydonia stared at the guardian for several minutes, wide-eyed. Her words caught in her throat as she spoke. It felt like her heart skipped several beats.

“...N...Neveah?”

My lair is a Nuzlocke Lair! Follow the story here!
Finally reunited!!!!
Finally reunited!!!!
wQA8k.gif fy4en.gif

MRJWRkO.png
can't wait until I see Neveah's surprised face C:
can't wait until I see Neveah's surprised face C:
ldNLSdw.png
@PvtPuns

Please add me to your pinglist!
@PvtPuns

Please add me to your pinglist!
>
tumblr_oh6risLJAT1vfeckzo5_r3_250.png oh look
an art tumblr
qfhaYao.png
@PvtPuns yeeeeeeeeeeeee :3
@PvtPuns yeeeeeeeeeeeee :3
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@PvtPuns

Do you mind adding me to the ping list? This story is really interesting!
@PvtPuns

Do you mind adding me to the ping list? This story is really interesting!
2e1b2b6a40c76c9dd60265bf19e951ae39f421b6.gifWpjbI2U.gif
@PvtPuns I'd like a ping too, thanks!
@PvtPuns I'd like a ping too, thanks!
@PvtPuns
may i be added to the pinglist as well?
@PvtPuns
may i be added to the pinglist as well?
88b34834ce044292bf26d2621f3b36732deb16f9.pngplague_banner.pngzJZQPOD.pngplague_banner.pnga26de48a2b4e6f0b0e548728d630754f4665de51.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12