Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nuzlocke: The Crippled Fae
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
@meowsee

That would definitely be neat! Not sure how to word it, though. I don't really know a lot of people in the Water flight to get how the fortune thing works!

@Averis

Sure thing!
@meowsee

That would definitely be neat! Not sure how to word it, though. I don't really know a lot of people in the Water flight to get how the fortune thing works!

@Averis

Sure thing!
My lair is a Nuzlocke Lair! Follow the story here!
@Vellain @AnaliAmber @Pyromania @FlyingNorth @FiddleRiddle @SylphofPens @Gwineira @kingofeli @ArouraBorialice @Arsi @Solaristigres @Liatai @haikwoshevo @magichats @argenteamoon @survivors @meowsee @sellenair @foxxlight @ephyra @averis [b]010: Hunter[/b] [b]Neveah[/b] ----- Ansgar was getting bigger. He'd learned to talk and respond to her before they had left the land of shadow. Now, as they made their way over the border and into the land of light, Ansgar walked on his own four paws. He talked often of hunting with Neveah. Neveah was [i]excited[/i]. Hunting had become difficult on her own. Enemies came upon her in twos and threes. But with another dragon... haha! She agreed as soon as he had become large enough to hold his ground. He learned so rapidly. It put her to shame. Within no time they were downing enemies together with ease and speed. He was not quite as strong as she was, not yet. They wouldn't venture farther into beastclan territory until he was. But he was growing quickly enough that it wasn't an issue. She hadn't felt joy like this in ages. Ansgar became restless one night, pacing around their small encampment after they’d eaten what they could hunt that day. “There is no meat,” he grunted, baring his teeth with disgust at their meager spoils. The mirror didn’t like to mince words. He talked little, though always spoke his feelings honestly. Ansgar had no patience for lying. Half truths were just as bad. He was brutally honest, and quick to get to the point. Neveah was quite fond of him. “We have not encountered much but insects,” she replied, turning her head towards their food stores. Admittedly, she too would prefer more substance, but she would not risk their lives for the [i]possibility[/i] of a few slabs of flesh. “Then we push farther,” Ansgar said. Neveah shook her head. “That is not wise. We are a good team, but we are not invincible. We will have to make do with these meager provisions until we are stronger.” He wasn't happy with that. Neveah could see it in his eyes, but she would not budge. They were doing well. She wouldn't let it get to her head. “Fine,” he spat, after shaking his head and pacing for several minutes. “I will get stronger. Then we will go farther. I will have meat.” He huffed loudly, sitting down next to the carcass of a dwarf deer fawn he’d felled earlier that day and ripping it to shreds. Neveah wondered if it was out of spite. She didn’t press the issue. Ansgar had made it clear that he was done talking for the evening. Over the next few days, true to his word, he pushed himself. He learned, rapidly, sharpening his claws and reflexes. It was not long before he had begun to weave his birth element into his attacks. Their battles became easier and easier as a result. Neveah noticed that their elements worked in harmony on the battlefield. Enemies that would normally prove to be trouble for her fell before Ansgar's claws, covered in dark mist. Likewise, enemies that nearly did the mirror in were easily crushed by her own power. They didn't usually have a use for what they gathered while hunting, excepting food. Most of the other goods gathered were traded when they came across other dragon clans. Neither of them had need or interest for any of the goods they offered, though Neveah had taken a liking to darksteel jewelry. She bartered for a fetching bracelet, that she displayed with pride. That, and a black handkerchief found in a rusted iron chest, nestled deeply into a long-abandoned lair they’d come across. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/2265e0e3d5cbea101824c83b4eb03d56/tumblr_nk3zs0WBuT1r5sinxo1_r1_400.png[/img] Ansgar did not see much that he liked on their excursions. Bird skull accessories caught his eye more often than anything else, though not much complimented his... unfortunate complexion. After much urging from Neveah, he eventually settled on purple, for his birth element. The hollow skulls clattered dryly together as they walked, a sound he thoroughly enjoyed. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/9801d3ead919e65b8e61dec57b21d103/tumblr_nk3zs0WBuT1r5sinxo2_400.png[/img] Neveah swelled with pride as she thought of their accomplishments and the speed with which Ansgar grew. They fought side by side now. Where she went, he followed. They were near equals on the battlefield, where they would never be in size or heft. They had spent quite some time in Light territory. It was warm, and prey was plentiful. The sunlight made you feel secure, and happy. Now that Ansgar was grown and capable, however, they planned to move on. This land was wonderful, but it was not Neveah’s home. If they travelled without interruption, they would near the border of the land of Water in a few days.
@Vellain @AnaliAmber @Pyromania @FlyingNorth @FiddleRiddle
@SylphofPens @Gwineira @kingofeli @ArouraBorialice @Arsi
@Solaristigres @Liatai @haikwoshevo @magichats @argenteamoon
@survivors @meowsee @sellenair @foxxlight @ephyra
@averis

010: Hunter

Neveah

Ansgar was getting bigger. He'd learned to talk and respond to her before they had left the land of shadow. Now, as they made their way over the border and into the land of light, Ansgar walked on his own four paws. He talked often of hunting with Neveah.

Neveah was excited. Hunting had become difficult on her own. Enemies came upon her in twos and threes. But with another dragon... haha! She agreed as soon as he had become large enough to hold his ground.

He learned so rapidly. It put her to shame. Within no time they were downing enemies together with ease and speed. He was not quite as strong as she was, not yet. They wouldn't venture farther into beastclan territory until he was. But he was growing quickly enough that it wasn't an issue.

She hadn't felt joy like this in ages.

Ansgar became restless one night, pacing around their small encampment after they’d eaten what they could hunt that day.

“There is no meat,” he grunted, baring his teeth with disgust at their meager spoils.

The mirror didn’t like to mince words. He talked little, though always spoke his feelings honestly. Ansgar had no patience for lying. Half truths were just as bad. He was brutally honest, and quick to get to the point.

Neveah was quite fond of him.

“We have not encountered much but insects,” she replied, turning her head towards their food stores. Admittedly, she too would prefer more substance, but she would not risk their lives for the possibility of a few slabs of flesh.

“Then we push farther,” Ansgar said.

Neveah shook her head. “That is not wise. We are a good team, but we are not invincible. We will have to make do with these meager provisions until we are stronger.”

He wasn't happy with that. Neveah could see it in his eyes, but she would not budge. They were doing well. She wouldn't let it get to her head.
“Fine,” he spat, after shaking his head and pacing for several minutes.

“I will get stronger. Then we will go farther. I will have meat.”

He huffed loudly, sitting down next to the carcass of a dwarf deer fawn he’d felled earlier that day and ripping it to shreds. Neveah wondered if it was out of spite. She didn’t press the issue. Ansgar had made it clear that he was done talking for the evening.

Over the next few days, true to his word, he pushed himself. He learned, rapidly, sharpening his claws and reflexes. It was not long before he had begun to weave his birth element into his attacks. Their battles became easier and easier as a result. Neveah noticed that their elements worked in harmony on the battlefield. Enemies that would normally prove to be trouble for her fell before Ansgar's claws, covered in dark mist. Likewise, enemies that nearly did the mirror in were easily crushed by her own power.

They didn't usually have a use for what they gathered while hunting, excepting food. Most of the other goods gathered were traded when they came across other dragon clans. Neither of them had need or interest for any of the goods they offered, though Neveah had taken a liking to darksteel jewelry. She bartered for a fetching bracelet, that she displayed with pride. That, and a black handkerchief found in a rusted iron chest, nestled deeply into a long-abandoned lair they’d come across.

tumblr_nk3zs0WBuT1r5sinxo1_r1_400.png

Ansgar did not see much that he liked on their excursions. Bird skull accessories caught his eye more often than anything else, though not much complimented his... unfortunate complexion. After much urging from Neveah, he eventually settled on purple, for his birth element. The hollow skulls clattered dryly together as they walked, a sound he thoroughly enjoyed.

tumblr_nk3zs0WBuT1r5sinxo2_400.png

Neveah swelled with pride as she thought of their accomplishments and the speed with which Ansgar grew. They fought side by side now. Where she went, he followed. They were near equals on the battlefield, where they would never be in size or heft.

They had spent quite some time in Light territory. It was warm, and prey was plentiful. The sunlight made you feel secure, and happy. Now that Ansgar was grown and capable, however, they planned to move on. This land was wonderful, but it was not Neveah’s home.

If they travelled without interruption, they would near the border of the land of Water in a few days.
@PvtPuns

Ahhhhh great chapter as always! I am glad to see Neveah and Ansgar doing so well, and they look super cute in their apparel. .v. Also, super excited as they closer to the sea, hopefully they'll run into Sydonia traveling the shore. ^v^
@PvtPuns

Ahhhhh great chapter as always! I am glad to see Neveah and Ansgar doing so well, and they look super cute in their apparel. .v. Also, super excited as they closer to the sea, hopefully they'll run into Sydonia traveling the shore. ^v^
tumblr_nhhn3uSTam1sveg0po9_r4_500.png
he's not unfortunately coloured! he's a gorgeous eyeburner! at least He's not BORING!
he's not unfortunately coloured! he's a gorgeous eyeburner! at least He's not BORING!
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon

lmao yeah!! But it is really hard to find apparel that matches. [a single manly tear]
@ArgenteaMoon

lmao yeah!! But it is really hard to find apparel that matches. [a single manly tear]
In my experience, the best apparel for eyeburners clashes like hell just like the rest of them. I vote bright green and dark purple
In my experience, the best apparel for eyeburners clashes like hell just like the rest of them. I vote bright green and dark purple
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@Vellain @AnaliAmber @Pyromania @FlyingNorth @FiddleRiddle @SylphofPens @Gwineira @kingofeli @ArouraBorialice @Arsi @Solaristigres @Liatai @haikwoshevo @magichats @argenteamoon @survivors @meowsee @sellenair @foxxlight @ephyra @averis [b]011: Border Crossing[/b] [b]Sydonia[/b] ----- Journeying across the land of water was taking [i]ages[/i]. It would have taken a while even if she had wings, but walking was agonizingly boring. One foot in front of the other. Rinse. Repeat. [i]Rip your headfins off out of boredom.[/i] At least she had been attacked by beastclan. It really broke the monotony. They probably thought they would make a quick meal out of her. No doubt she looked rather helpless, a Fae with wings tied up and useless at her back, walking across the beach alone. Their mistake. Sydonia’s magical abilities were far greater than they bargained for, and she [i]welcomed[/i] the outlet. By far her favorite encounter had been when what could only be described as a [i]pack[/i] of Bonepriests accosted her. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/e5fd6b41eecfb9719c1b3b0b7afa1de2/tumblr_nk6ue8AxFS1r5sinxo1_1280.png[/img] The fight hadn’t lasted long. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/090083ee36c2cc52fb345afdf1f61319/tumblr_nk6ue8AxFS1r5sinxo2_1280.png[/img] By the time Sydonia had managed to near the border to the land of Light, she had become utterly sick and tired of the beach. Even with the cowl she had managed to procure from a roving band of traders, she was hot. There were no trees to shade her, the sun had made her hide blotchy and ringed, and she had sand in places she didn’t even know sand could [i]reach[/i]. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/271e2fc0cea3430c53e714ee67b88908/tumblr_nk3zs0WBuT1r5sinxo3_r1_400.png[/img] It was far beyond time to leave this place. Sarcastically she raised one of her claws to her forehead, saluting the long beaches of the land of water. Goodbye, and good [i]riddance[/i]. On to the land of Light. Sydonia felt dwarfed by the crumbling columns in and around the ruins. Worn down as they were, they were still several times her height. Without her wings, she was constantly reminded that the world was very large for a Fae. [i]Too[/i] large, really. It didn’t strike her as particularly [i]fair[/i]. Perhaps she should set up camp early tonight. She had already crossed the border. It wasn’t like she was in a hurry, either. There was no one for her to be going back to, after all. She craned her neck up, looking into the branches of a tall tree, growing out of the crumbling remains of a marble pillar. That would do. Sydonia missed being able to be high up. Nesting on the ground was horrible. She always felt exposed. In danger. In the trees… what could reach her? Nothing. Sydonia began to climb in a circular pattern up the tree’s trunk, pausing to look down below when she reached the lowest branches. This was a fair height and there was still more tree to be climbed. Wonderful! The sun was beginning to set when she had made it to the upper reaches of the tree, but it was worth the climb. To be so tall, so high above her earthly concerns. To feel, just for a few moments, as if she could spread her wings and glide down below without a scratch. The Fae could see everything from up here. The ruins around her, and the dark forest that the Shadow dragons called home in the distance. The beach from which she’d come behind her, and the ocean shimmering gently, the rays of the setting sun casting a glittering sheen over the frothy waters. How she had missed this… and how she would miss it again, when morning came. The thought saddened her, but she would not let it sour her mood. She would enjoy the view and watch the moon rise over the horizon, bathing her surroundings with cool blue light. Rustling noises tore her from her reverie, and she looked down to the base of the tree. A mirror was making its way through the brush, its hide sharp red and its wings brighter-than-bright magenta. Unfortunate. For [i]them[/i]. She’d seen it coming. Sydonia climbed further up the tree, spiralling around the trunk. She did not stop until she was in the highest reaches, where she could not see the ground and she was sure those on the ground could not see her. The Fae curled into a ball, closing her eyes. She would sleep well tonight. She felt safe up here. ----- [b]Neveah[/b] It was getting dark, and they hadn’t found a clear enough space to make camp. Neveah was okay with travelling through the night, but she was hungry. They’d hunted all day and it was time to make a meal of their spoils. Her stomach grumbled in agreement. “Here is a place,” Ansgar grunted from further ahead. Neveah pushed through the foliage, examining the plot of land. It was nice. The tree would provide shade in the morning, as well. She nodded to her companion. “This is a good place. We’ll make camp here.” Ansgar sat, leaning against the roots of the tree comfortably. He wasted no time feasting on what meat they had brought down that day. Delicious. Neveah did the same, after scraping her claws upon a rock to spark a flame. She carefully surrounded it with rocks and wet moss to prevent spread, and tended it until it was respectable. This would provide warmth and light as the sun set. She allowed Ansgar the majority of the meat they’d gathered, placing several large insect parts near the fire. They ate well that evening, devouring every scrap of their haul. They would, after all, hunt more on their journey the next day. There was no rush, and prey was plentiful. Both dragons laid down to sleep with full bellies, curled around the warmth of the fire. Ansgar was the first to wake the next morning, brushing his tail over the ashes of their fire and nudging Neveah. “It is morning,” he huffed. She groaned, rolling to her feet. Already? It seemed as if she had just gotten to sleep. Neveah shook her head, looking around their camp. As usual, Ansgar had woken up first (probably at the crack of dawn) and swept away what remained of their fire pit. “Well,” Neveah grumbled, stretching. “I suppose we had better leave, then.” Ansgar nodded curtly, and they set off once more. The land of Water was so close now… Neveah had to admit, she was excited. Long, open beaches, drenched with warm sunlight. The ocean breeze, washing over them. It would be wonderful. ----- [b]Sydonia[/b] Hmph. So the mirror had a hunting party. She could hear two voices, faintly, as she woke. No matter. Even if they had spotted her, they’d obviously gotten bored waiting for her at the foot of the tree. Thoroughly satisfied with herself, she began to climb down. They’d even made camp. Very determined predators, but her patience had won out. Of course. She hopped down from the lower trunk, landing near the ashes of their camp. The smell of warm food made her stomach gurgle. Perhaps she would track down a snack as she walked today.
@Vellain @AnaliAmber @Pyromania @FlyingNorth @FiddleRiddle
@SylphofPens @Gwineira @kingofeli @ArouraBorialice @Arsi
@Solaristigres @Liatai @haikwoshevo @magichats @argenteamoon
@survivors @meowsee @sellenair @foxxlight @ephyra
@averis

011: Border Crossing

Sydonia

Journeying across the land of water was taking ages. It would have taken a while even if she had wings, but walking was agonizingly boring. One foot in front of the other. Rinse. Repeat. Rip your headfins off out of boredom.

At least she had been attacked by beastclan. It really broke the monotony. They probably thought they would make a quick meal out of her. No doubt she looked rather helpless, a Fae with wings tied up and useless at her back, walking across the beach alone.

Their mistake.

Sydonia’s magical abilities were far greater than they bargained for, and she welcomed the outlet.

By far her favorite encounter had been when what could only be described as a pack of Bonepriests accosted her.

tumblr_nk6ue8AxFS1r5sinxo1_1280.png

The fight hadn’t lasted long.

tumblr_nk6ue8AxFS1r5sinxo2_1280.png

By the time Sydonia had managed to near the border to the land of Light, she had become utterly sick and tired of the beach. Even with the cowl she had managed to procure from a roving band of traders, she was hot. There were no trees to shade her, the sun had made her hide blotchy and ringed, and she had sand in places she didn’t even know sand could reach.

tumblr_nk3zs0WBuT1r5sinxo3_r1_400.png

It was far beyond time to leave this place.

Sarcastically she raised one of her claws to her forehead, saluting the long beaches of the land of water. Goodbye, and good riddance.

On to the land of Light.

Sydonia felt dwarfed by the crumbling columns in and around the ruins. Worn down as they were, they were still several times her height. Without her wings, she was constantly reminded that the world was very large for a Fae. Too large, really. It didn’t strike her as particularly fair.

Perhaps she should set up camp early tonight. She had already crossed the border. It wasn’t like she was in a hurry, either. There was no one for her to be going back to, after all.

She craned her neck up, looking into the branches of a tall tree, growing out of the crumbling remains of a marble pillar. That would do. Sydonia missed being able to be high up. Nesting on the ground was horrible. She always felt exposed. In danger. In the trees… what could reach her? Nothing.

Sydonia began to climb in a circular pattern up the tree’s trunk, pausing to look down below when she reached the lowest branches. This was a fair height and there was still more tree to be climbed. Wonderful! The sun was beginning to set when she had made it to the upper reaches of the tree, but it was worth the climb. To be so tall, so high above her earthly concerns. To feel, just for a few moments, as if she could spread her wings and glide down below without a scratch.

The Fae could see everything from up here. The ruins around her, and the dark forest that the Shadow dragons called home in the distance. The beach from which she’d come behind her, and the ocean shimmering gently, the rays of the setting sun casting a glittering sheen over the frothy waters.

How she had missed this… and how she would miss it again, when morning came. The thought saddened her, but she would not let it sour her mood. She would enjoy the view and watch the moon rise over the horizon, bathing her surroundings with cool blue light.

Rustling noises tore her from her reverie, and she looked down to the base of the tree. A mirror was making its way through the brush, its hide sharp red and its wings brighter-than-bright magenta. Unfortunate. For them. She’d seen it coming. Sydonia climbed further up the tree, spiralling around the trunk. She did not stop until she was in the highest reaches, where she could not see the ground and she was sure those on the ground could not see her. The Fae curled into a ball, closing her eyes. She would sleep well tonight. She felt safe up here.

Neveah

It was getting dark, and they hadn’t found a clear enough space to make camp. Neveah was okay with travelling through the night, but she was hungry. They’d hunted all day and it was time to make a meal of their spoils. Her stomach grumbled in agreement.

“Here is a place,” Ansgar grunted from further ahead.

Neveah pushed through the foliage, examining the plot of land. It was nice. The tree would provide shade in the morning, as well. She nodded to her companion.

“This is a good place. We’ll make camp here.”

Ansgar sat, leaning against the roots of the tree comfortably. He wasted no time feasting on what meat they had brought down that day. Delicious. Neveah did the same, after scraping her claws upon a rock to spark a flame. She carefully surrounded it with rocks and wet moss to prevent spread, and tended it until it was respectable. This would provide warmth and light as the sun set. She allowed Ansgar the majority of the meat they’d gathered, placing several large insect parts near the fire.

They ate well that evening, devouring every scrap of their haul. They would, after all, hunt more on their journey the next day. There was no rush, and prey was plentiful. Both dragons laid down to sleep with full bellies, curled around the warmth of the fire.

Ansgar was the first to wake the next morning, brushing his tail over the ashes of their fire and nudging Neveah.

“It is morning,” he huffed.

She groaned, rolling to her feet. Already? It seemed as if she had just gotten to sleep. Neveah shook her head, looking around their camp. As usual, Ansgar had woken up first (probably at the crack of dawn) and swept away what remained of their fire pit.

“Well,” Neveah grumbled, stretching. “I suppose we had better leave, then.”

Ansgar nodded curtly, and they set off once more. The land of Water was so close now… Neveah had to admit, she was excited. Long, open beaches, drenched with warm sunlight. The ocean breeze, washing over them. It would be wonderful.

Sydonia

Hmph. So the mirror had a hunting party. She could hear two voices, faintly, as she woke. No matter. Even if they had spotted her, they’d obviously gotten bored waiting for her at the foot of the tree. Thoroughly satisfied with herself, she began to climb down.

They’d even made camp.

Very determined predators, but her patience had won out. Of course.

She hopped down from the lower trunk, landing near the ashes of their camp. The smell of warm food made her stomach gurgle. Perhaps she would track down a snack as she walked today.
Oh man so close!
Oh man so close!
wQA8k.gif fy4en.gif

MRJWRkO.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa nope!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa nope!
Professional Grump

I live for memes
Could I please be on the ping list?
Could I please be on the ping list?
[img]http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdiscovermagazine.com%2F2014%2Fsept%2F20-20-things-you-didnt-know-about-cats&ei=08StVMm1IsWegwTz14DgCg&bvm=bv.83134100,d.eXY&psig=AFQjCNHzM5OSRTtyTej2gt2YARhCR1nE7g&ust=1420760628834207[/img]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12