Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nuzlocke: The Crippled Fae
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Can't wait for the next one! ono

#faeproblems

Everything else is bigger than you. Even the food.
Can't wait for the next one! ono

#faeproblems

Everything else is bigger than you. Even the food.
Untitled-1.png140ebfe390e20e35991f0519b6cf34b982f6398e.png
@PvtPuns
May I be added to the pinglist please?
@PvtPuns
May I be added to the pinglist please?
@neptune404 @owlstar7

Sure thing, you're on the list now! Thanks for reading! :)
@neptune404 @owlstar7

Sure thing, you're on the list now! Thanks for reading! :)
My lair is a Nuzlocke Lair! Follow the story here!
@PvtPuns I'm loving this! Could I be in the ping list as well? :)
@PvtPuns I'm loving this! Could I be in the ping list as well? :)
emXtQcv.gif9QxrTEM.pngpWX995k.png
@PvtPuns
May I be added to the pinglist please, if only because I love little Ansgar?
@PvtPuns
May I be added to the pinglist please, if only because I love little Ansgar?
Lichtdrache.gif

this is the one that cycles through the different elemental festival familiars because i like all of them :]
@ithika @redwood

Sure thing, you've been added!
@ithika @redwood

Sure thing, you've been added!
@Vellain @AnaliAmber @Pyromania @FlyingNorth @FiddleRiddle @SylphofPens @Gwineira @kingofeli @ArouraBorialice @Arsi @Solaristigres @Liatai @haikwoshevo @magichats @argenteamoon @survivors @meowsee @sellenair @foxxlight @ephyra @averis @neptune404 @owlstar7 @ithika @redwood [b]012: Talbot[/b] [b]Sydonia[/b] This Mirror would not leave her be. Ever since she had passed it in the ruins it had [i]followed[/i] her incessantly. It wasn’t like she couldn’t [i]see[/i] it. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/a932eea52089f755869fc73a64ad3e28/tumblr_nk3zs0WBuT1r5sinxo4_r1_400.png[/img] And what was a water dragon doing this far into the land of light to begin with? At least it kept its distance. Its strange behavior could hardly be classified as ‘stalking’, though. It was… somewhat endearing, were she to be honest. Mirrors were not typically known for shyness. One night, as she struggled to gain a foothold on a crumbling ruin, he approached. He kept its wings tucked in and its head low, making sure not to show himself as a threat. “I could… I can help you. Climb that,” he offered. She did not look at him, staring at the rock in front of her. This was humiliating. It was bad enough travelling alone without her wings. Now this mirror was following her, probably taking secret joy in her struggle. “Why,” she replied, refusing to look at him. “W-I… you seem like you’re having trouble, and I figured… I would help you,” the mirror replied, stumbling over his words. “It must be hard… if your wings are tied up like that.” “And what do you want in return, then? I’ve seen you following me,” she replied, her tone accusatory. “O-I-um,” he stammered. “I was… wondering if I could… travel with you. We could be friends? ...and I could help you climb stuff…” This sounded so much better in his head. “We can’t be friends,” Sydonia replied, somewhat harshly. The mirror visibly wilted. “...But you may travel with me,” she relented after a moment. The mirror perked up immediately, pushing her to the top of the ruins and beginning to speak excitedly. “My name is Talbot! I remember that your name is Sydonia because I saw you talking with merchants a few days ago when you sold stuff you hunted!” This mirror must be [i]starved[/i] for companionship if he was willingly tethering himself to a useless, flightless Fae. Sydonia listened to him speak quietly, examining his wings. His hide was a deep red, while they were a simple, dark green. To herself, she wondered what color any additional markings of his would be as he aged. Hopefully something that complimented one or both of these unfortunate colors. As Talbot spoke, she began to piece together his story. He was a wanderer, like she had been made into, but it had been difficult for him to find a hunting party or even a friend. His coloration aside, he didn’t do much to further the mirror’s fearsome name. That much was obvious. She felt a profound sadness for him. A mirror without its fearsome nature was almost identical to a fae without wings. It was [i]important[/i]. It was part of who they were and who others perceived them to be. Sydonia would be lying if she said that other dragons had not been treating her differently when seeing her ruined wings. Sometimes she couldn’t stand the pity. She would give him a chance. Every dragon deserved at least that.
@Vellain @AnaliAmber @Pyromania @FlyingNorth @FiddleRiddle
@SylphofPens @Gwineira @kingofeli @ArouraBorialice @Arsi
@Solaristigres @Liatai @haikwoshevo @magichats @argenteamoon
@survivors @meowsee @sellenair @foxxlight @ephyra
@averis @neptune404 @owlstar7 @ithika @redwood

012: Talbot

Sydonia

This Mirror would not leave her be. Ever since she had passed it in the ruins it had followed her incessantly. It wasn’t like she couldn’t see it.

tumblr_nk3zs0WBuT1r5sinxo4_r1_400.png

And what was a water dragon doing this far into the land of light to begin with? At least it kept its distance. Its strange behavior could hardly be classified as ‘stalking’, though. It was… somewhat endearing, were she to be honest. Mirrors were not typically known for shyness.

One night, as she struggled to gain a foothold on a crumbling ruin, he approached. He kept its wings tucked in and its head low, making sure not to show himself as a threat.

“I could… I can help you. Climb that,” he offered.

She did not look at him, staring at the rock in front of her. This was humiliating. It was bad enough travelling alone without her wings. Now this mirror was following her, probably taking secret joy in her struggle.

“Why,” she replied, refusing to look at him.

“W-I… you seem like you’re having trouble, and I figured… I would help you,” the mirror replied, stumbling over his words.

“It must be hard… if your wings are tied up like that.”

“And what do you want in return, then? I’ve seen you following me,” she replied, her tone accusatory.

“O-I-um,” he stammered. “I was… wondering if I could… travel with you. We could be friends? ...and I could help you climb stuff…”

This sounded so much better in his head.

“We can’t be friends,” Sydonia replied, somewhat harshly. The mirror visibly wilted.

“...But you may travel with me,” she relented after a moment.

The mirror perked up immediately, pushing her to the top of the ruins and beginning to speak excitedly.

“My name is Talbot! I remember that your name is Sydonia because I saw you talking with merchants a few days ago when you sold stuff you hunted!”

This mirror must be starved for companionship if he was willingly tethering himself to a useless, flightless Fae. Sydonia listened to him speak quietly, examining his wings. His hide was a deep red, while they were a simple, dark green. To herself, she wondered what color any additional markings of his would be as he aged. Hopefully something that complimented one or both of these unfortunate colors.

As Talbot spoke, she began to piece together his story. He was a wanderer, like she had been made into, but it had been difficult for him to find a hunting party or even a friend. His coloration aside, he didn’t do much to further the mirror’s fearsome name. That much was obvious. She felt a profound sadness for him.

A mirror without its fearsome nature was almost identical to a fae without wings. It was important. It was part of who they were and who others perceived them to be. Sydonia would be lying if she said that other dragons had not been treating her differently when seeing her ruined wings. Sometimes she couldn’t stand the pity.

She would give him a chance.

Every dragon deserved at least that.
@PvtPuns
Awwww, Talbot is sooooooo cute!
@PvtPuns
Awwww, Talbot is sooooooo cute!
@PvtPuns
Aww, shy mirror. So endearing.

Also, I like how you're a Wind clan with no Wind dragons XD.
@PvtPuns
Aww, shy mirror. So endearing.

Also, I like how you're a Wind clan with no Wind dragons XD.
Lichtdrache.gif

this is the one that cycles through the different elemental festival familiars because i like all of them :]
@Redwood

Right? All the wind dragons died in ch. 1 and I just can't find a wind egg, lol
@Redwood

Right? All the wind dragons died in ch. 1 and I just can't find a wind egg, lol
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12