Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Terrible essay's you've written
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="DigDog" date=2015-04-11 20:13:03] If I hate the professor or the prompt, I'll add Justin bieber or Taylor Swift lyrics in like they're actual sentences. Only been caught once. [/quote] @DigDog You are my soul mate
DigDog wrote on 2015-04-11:
If I hate the professor or the prompt, I'll add Justin bieber or Taylor Swift lyrics in like they're actual sentences.

Only been caught once.

@DigDog

You are my soul mate

puffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuff

FR +9
@Violette:

Oh, that's so funny! ^^ Don't feel bad, though. I'm sure your teacher was impressed, and hey, if you like researching stuff like rabbit genetics as a hobby, then that counts!
@Violette:

Oh, that's so funny! ^^ Don't feel bad, though. I'm sure your teacher was impressed, and hey, if you like researching stuff like rabbit genetics as a hobby, then that counts!
qvTNuJR.pnglogo16_zps302d6ac7.png Utter Phasma Trash
do not make me write essays about terrible books because i will not so much write an essay as i will a detailed, scathing criticism of everything i hated about it while simultaneously answering the questions in the prompt as vaguely as i can when they happen to come up in my tirade.

my creative writing teacher last semester had us read two passages from divergent (narrated by tris and four respectively) to teach us about perspective, and then we were supposed to answer a short series of prompts about what we learned.

i took three solid paragraphs just to criticize the mind-numbingly boring and cliche dynamic between the painfully predictable straight couple.

i received full marks.
do not make me write essays about terrible books because i will not so much write an essay as i will a detailed, scathing criticism of everything i hated about it while simultaneously answering the questions in the prompt as vaguely as i can when they happen to come up in my tirade.

my creative writing teacher last semester had us read two passages from divergent (narrated by tris and four respectively) to teach us about perspective, and then we were supposed to answer a short series of prompts about what we learned.

i took three solid paragraphs just to criticize the mind-numbingly boring and cliche dynamic between the painfully predictable straight couple.

i received full marks.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
I need to do my History and Japanese and study for an algebra maths test. But nah. I'm going to regret it.
I need to do my History and Japanese and study for an algebra maths test. But nah. I'm going to regret it.
IjJJeTN.png
Last semester I wrote an essay on why dolphins are bad people with legitimate academic sources and got an A on it, but thats not the point.
the point is that dolphins are bad people and it was a terrible concept to bring to light
Last semester I wrote an essay on why dolphins are bad people with legitimate academic sources and got an A on it, but thats not the point.
the point is that dolphins are bad people and it was a terrible concept to bring to light
I once started a social studies essay with the sentence "The French Revolution was a revolution in France." Needless to say, it went downhill from there.
I once started a social studies essay with the sentence "The French Revolution was a revolution in France." Needless to say, it went downhill from there.
mXT68sw.png
when I was in high school and doing standardized testing, one of the prompts was to write a persuasive argument for or against PTA fundraisers (you know, selling candy and wrapping paper and all that). so I wrote it to the best of my ability, but I've always been terrible at conclusions, so I just wrote:

"I hope I've convinced you of my argument; I know I've convinced myself. But the real question here is: how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

aaaand I got a 5.5/6. meaning one of the two people who graded my paper gave it a perfect score. I don't know what they were thinking.
when I was in high school and doing standardized testing, one of the prompts was to write a persuasive argument for or against PTA fundraisers (you know, selling candy and wrapping paper and all that). so I wrote it to the best of my ability, but I've always been terrible at conclusions, so I just wrote:

"I hope I've convinced you of my argument; I know I've convinced myself. But the real question here is: how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

aaaand I got a 5.5/6. meaning one of the two people who graded my paper gave it a perfect score. I don't know what they were thinking.
icesymbolsmall_zps52a54407.png
I remember two particularly awful essays, one of which was pretty much just a jumble of words born of my incoherent rage at a character in Tess of the D'Urbervilles. The English teacher marked me off for a) making precisely zero point aside from how angry the character made me, to the point of previously-mentioned incoherence, and b) inappropriate language.

The other one was a several-months overdue (as in I wrote it during the summer after that year ended) paper in which I said The Picture of Dorian Gray was pretty much Oscar Wilde's version of Milton's Paradise Lost. Never did get a grade back on it, although that was probably because that English teacher had left my school and gotten a job across the country.
I remember two particularly awful essays, one of which was pretty much just a jumble of words born of my incoherent rage at a character in Tess of the D'Urbervilles. The English teacher marked me off for a) making precisely zero point aside from how angry the character made me, to the point of previously-mentioned incoherence, and b) inappropriate language.

The other one was a several-months overdue (as in I wrote it during the summer after that year ended) paper in which I said The Picture of Dorian Gray was pretty much Oscar Wilde's version of Milton's Paradise Lost. Never did get a grade back on it, although that was probably because that English teacher had left my school and gotten a job across the country.
sIaDdlY.png
Probably this time we had to write a short story, continuing it from a paragraph already set and I could just not take it seriously. English is the only thing I've ever been good at so to fluke an essay is kind of rare for me and to be fair I was like 12 so it's not like I had grades resting on it. Anyway, I was just in a really bad mood that day and in defiance decided to make the story complete gibberish. It was about a boy going in a house to save his sister and In my story she immediately died, he became a cat or something, the windows were made of cheese... it just went on like that. I still got a good grade which annoyed me too.
Probably this time we had to write a short story, continuing it from a paragraph already set and I could just not take it seriously. English is the only thing I've ever been good at so to fluke an essay is kind of rare for me and to be fair I was like 12 so it's not like I had grades resting on it. Anyway, I was just in a really bad mood that day and in defiance decided to make the story complete gibberish. It was about a boy going in a house to save his sister and In my story she immediately died, he became a cat or something, the windows were made of cheese... it just went on like that. I still got a good grade which annoyed me too.
Heart.gif
The majority of my essays are pure waffle, just complete nonsense, with the few actual points to be made put in weird ways. I tend to go off topic too, mainly because I run out of time and panic, if it's in exam conditions.

General studies essays are weird, most of the time when I get them back I'm trying to figure out why that had anything to do with anything. That said, making it up as I went along was the main thing I could do when given an essay prompt on trains or if empty shacks could be considered art...

My worst ever has got to be one for Spanish, written in preparation for a spoken exam; meant to be on daily routine or something like that- I essentially summarised the entire thing with "I like cheese", and just got carried away with that (or something along those lines); and another one in which I got "in love" and "happy" mixed in translation - made the essay about time with the family rather awkward...)

My philosophy essays are almost as bad....
The majority of my essays are pure waffle, just complete nonsense, with the few actual points to be made put in weird ways. I tend to go off topic too, mainly because I run out of time and panic, if it's in exam conditions.

General studies essays are weird, most of the time when I get them back I'm trying to figure out why that had anything to do with anything. That said, making it up as I went along was the main thing I could do when given an essay prompt on trains or if empty shacks could be considered art...

My worst ever has got to be one for Spanish, written in preparation for a spoken exam; meant to be on daily routine or something like that- I essentially summarised the entire thing with "I like cheese", and just got carried away with that (or something along those lines); and another one in which I got "in love" and "happy" mixed in translation - made the essay about time with the family rather awkward...)

My philosophy essays are almost as bad....
nXOilAf.png
[Hatchery Under Construction]
1 2 3 4 5