Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | FR College and College-Age Chat
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23
@Narvix and everyone on this thread...

I'm a college student, only been in college for two years...I still don't know what I'm gonna do. I just joined Flight Rising a couple of days ago...so that kinda says everything about me. xD I was also a big Neopets person too, but I can't remember my account so I had to make a new one, mostly just to reminisce about how I got into role playing and online games when I was younger... :) So no worries about being the only one. It's nice for me to know that there are people my same age here too. :D
@Narvix and everyone on this thread...

I'm a college student, only been in college for two years...I still don't know what I'm gonna do. I just joined Flight Rising a couple of days ago...so that kinda says everything about me. xD I was also a big Neopets person too, but I can't remember my account so I had to make a new one, mostly just to reminisce about how I got into role playing and online games when I was younger... :) So no worries about being the only one. It's nice for me to know that there are people my same age here too. :D
@Narvix
I'll be honest, the only people I know who play this game are in my classes with me. They actually got me into it! From what I've experienced, most of the members are 18+, at least everyone I've met. I've made 2 friends in this community and both are currently in university. I wouldn't feel self conscious about playing on campus at all because most college kids could care less. At least at my CC, even at the local uni where I spend a lot of my time, people do their own thing. Heck, there are still students I see on neopets who don't give a care in the world lol and more power to them ;)
@Narvix
I'll be honest, the only people I know who play this game are in my classes with me. They actually got me into it! From what I've experienced, most of the members are 18+, at least everyone I've met. I've made 2 friends in this community and both are currently in university. I wouldn't feel self conscious about playing on campus at all because most college kids could care less. At least at my CC, even at the local uni where I spend a lot of my time, people do their own thing. Heck, there are still students I see on neopets who don't give a care in the world lol and more power to them ;)
ludicolo-f.gifludicolo-f.gifludicolo-f.gifdnTYDHh.gif
@silverdrake

Neither. Unfortunately, I will not be getting a degree in linguistics at all. I only need a BA to teach ESL and so that's all I'll be getting. It costs way too much money to be going on when I don't need to. I'm already in more debt than I would like and my fiance is in a ditch of debt over three times more than I am because his requires a masters, so we are trying our best to watch our money.
@silverdrake

Neither. Unfortunately, I will not be getting a degree in linguistics at all. I only need a BA to teach ESL and so that's all I'll be getting. It costs way too much money to be going on when I don't need to. I'm already in more debt than I would like and my fiance is in a ditch of debt over three times more than I am because his requires a masters, so we are trying our best to watch our money.
@Sylinyx

I see. *nods* I hope you both are able to solve your financial problems in due time.
@Sylinyx

I see. *nods* I hope you both are able to solve your financial problems in due time.
1dZy6Xv.gif

1zaoPX1.pngU8GgxMI.png
@silverdrake

Thank you! I'm sure we will manage, people do all the time haha
@silverdrake

Thank you! I'm sure we will manage, people do all the time haha
@Narvix Sorry about the delayed response, but I've been at a Civil war reenactment in Virginia this weekend. Kind of an obscenely long drive, and we haven't even started heading back! My phone has been recharged, though, and for some reason I think the hotel we stay at tonight will have outlets xD

I don't think I have a DA account, but then again, half the time I completely forget sites that I've already registered on. I'll take a peek when I get back home!
@Narvix Sorry about the delayed response, but I've been at a Civil war reenactment in Virginia this weekend. Kind of an obscenely long drive, and we haven't even started heading back! My phone has been recharged, though, and for some reason I think the hotel we stay at tonight will have outlets xD

I don't think I have a DA account, but then again, half the time I completely forget sites that I've already registered on. I'll take a peek when I get back home!
Hey y'all, I'm in college too. Just taking basic freshmen classes right now, but does anyone have any advice for hallmates? They are literally going to be the end of me.
Hey y'all, I'm in college too. Just taking basic freshmen classes right now, but does anyone have any advice for hallmates? They are literally going to be the end of me.
BattleRoyale%20NT_zpsehfaecqv.gif
I take my computer to lectures so that I can play FR while the profs are setting up (sad, I know). My classmates see me playing FR and no one's said a darn thing. I get more looks when I'm reading a book (granted it's usually a graphic novel or some big honking encyclopedic thing).
I take my computer to lectures so that I can play FR while the profs are setting up (sad, I know). My classmates see me playing FR and no one's said a darn thing. I get more looks when I'm reading a book (granted it's usually a graphic novel or some big honking encyclopedic thing).
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
@Antebelle Welcome to Flight Rising then! I'm glad you could join the community! :3

@ShivaDiamondDust Yeah, I've seen a couple of students around here that stand out in a funny and cool way. One student rides a unicycle around campus with a top hat usually that I've seen a few times. Then there was another I've seen once with some funky, fuzzy hat that had giant pointed ears. There are so many people here that you can't avoid the occasional outlier. But it's cool to see not everyone conforms.

Still, I'm just a nervous, awkward, and shy person by nature that I can't help but feel uncomfortable a bit when I try to do what I do at home on campus. Like, if I want to dress nicely for the day, I end up scrapping the idea and falling back on a basic t-shirt with jeans instead of a sundress or skirt and blouse. All because I'd feel out of place and uncomfortable despite knowing that I want to dress up for the day.

To everyone else who's popped in, welcome! It's really nice to know how many other college students (or college-age members) there seem to be. And this is only a small fraction of the site's total users aha.

The semester is starting to come to an end. I've only a few weeks left until finals (most of mine are on the 12 of May!) and some projects are becoming due. I just turned in an IS project on this past Saturday and I have another IS project due on the 26th! Plus a lab simulation due a few days after that; all for one class too! There's also a presentation I have for Atmospheric Science due in the next few days (tentative).

Does anyone else have a busy, semester-end, work load? Any projects you guys have to do before finals? And, how many more weeks of classes do you all have left? o3o
@Antebelle Welcome to Flight Rising then! I'm glad you could join the community! :3

@ShivaDiamondDust Yeah, I've seen a couple of students around here that stand out in a funny and cool way. One student rides a unicycle around campus with a top hat usually that I've seen a few times. Then there was another I've seen once with some funky, fuzzy hat that had giant pointed ears. There are so many people here that you can't avoid the occasional outlier. But it's cool to see not everyone conforms.

Still, I'm just a nervous, awkward, and shy person by nature that I can't help but feel uncomfortable a bit when I try to do what I do at home on campus. Like, if I want to dress nicely for the day, I end up scrapping the idea and falling back on a basic t-shirt with jeans instead of a sundress or skirt and blouse. All because I'd feel out of place and uncomfortable despite knowing that I want to dress up for the day.

To everyone else who's popped in, welcome! It's really nice to know how many other college students (or college-age members) there seem to be. And this is only a small fraction of the site's total users aha.

The semester is starting to come to an end. I've only a few weeks left until finals (most of mine are on the 12 of May!) and some projects are becoming due. I just turned in an IS project on this past Saturday and I have another IS project due on the 26th! Plus a lab simulation due a few days after that; all for one class too! There's also a presentation I have for Atmospheric Science due in the next few days (tentative).

Does anyone else have a busy, semester-end, work load? Any projects you guys have to do before finals? And, how many more weeks of classes do you all have left? o3o
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
Tales of Ostlea Discussion
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x
x

tnRVw.png
ZFPkptJ.png
@Narvix

I can understand that feeling of shyness, I was like that for my first two years in community college. Now, I just wear what I want. If it's a sweats kind of day, so be it. If I don't have the time for makeup, oh well. If I wanna wear excessive makeup, heck yeah. But the thing with nice clothes, I feel like when people dress up, they're not viewed as an outlier. Dressing fancy is one of my favorite things and I notice I actually get a lot more compliments if I walk out in the nice sundress or pretty dress shirt.
Basically my point is it takes some time to realize that people actually either don't care or actually like seeing others who dress on their own accord, especially if its nice or cute :P I hope you overcome your shyness, you can do it! ^^
@Narvix

I can understand that feeling of shyness, I was like that for my first two years in community college. Now, I just wear what I want. If it's a sweats kind of day, so be it. If I don't have the time for makeup, oh well. If I wanna wear excessive makeup, heck yeah. But the thing with nice clothes, I feel like when people dress up, they're not viewed as an outlier. Dressing fancy is one of my favorite things and I notice I actually get a lot more compliments if I walk out in the nice sundress or pretty dress shirt.
Basically my point is it takes some time to realize that people actually either don't care or actually like seeing others who dress on their own accord, especially if its nice or cute :P I hope you overcome your shyness, you can do it! ^^
ludicolo-f.gifludicolo-f.gifludicolo-f.gifdnTYDHh.gif
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23