Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | --So, what makes YOUR username special?-
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 42 43
Dragoness... 'cause I'm a female, and a dragon... so Dragoness

For real!

But yeah, when I started, I was one of the first accounts when the site went live. I had a few days to think about which name I wanted to go with, and I wanted something unique that I hadn't gone by anywhere else, that wouldn't dictate how I played my game or created my characters here. I love writing, and I knew if I went with a character themed name it'd be too bias towards old story lines n such.

So yes, Dragoness it is!
Dragoness... 'cause I'm a female, and a dragon... so Dragoness

For real!

But yeah, when I started, I was one of the first accounts when the site went live. I had a few days to think about which name I wanted to go with, and I wanted something unique that I hadn't gone by anywhere else, that wouldn't dictate how I played my game or created my characters here. I love writing, and I knew if I went with a character themed name it'd be too bias towards old story lines n such.

So yes, Dragoness it is!
1kz7OWt.png
*comes out of the lurkrafters
I like this post, this has been really a neat read :)

Rogue/thief is usually my favorite class in games, Space ,because I like Sci-fi a lot and prefer to RP in thus. My own stories are Dieslepunk BUT HEY its tegnically sci-fi.

I find my name special not because of what it is ,but because of who gave it to me, because its not unique at all but thats alright. A very generous man, a US war veteran and a vivid art supporter. And a woman who's too kind for this world with absolutely awesome art. Sadly enough times change, I'v lost contact with the vet and the woman has become very internet shy, my attempts at having a talk with her have all been in vain the last 4 years.
*comes out of the lurkrafters
I like this post, this has been really a neat read :)

Rogue/thief is usually my favorite class in games, Space ,because I like Sci-fi a lot and prefer to RP in thus. My own stories are Dieslepunk BUT HEY its tegnically sci-fi.

I find my name special not because of what it is ,but because of who gave it to me, because its not unique at all but thats alright. A very generous man, a US war veteran and a vivid art supporter. And a woman who's too kind for this world with absolutely awesome art. Sadly enough times change, I'v lost contact with the vet and the woman has become very internet shy, my attempts at having a talk with her have all been in vain the last 4 years.
Back when I was 12, I had two OCs with titles that described them or their likes. (Later on these OCs were modified for a Kingdom Hearts RP, and their titles became their "Nobody Title".) Anyway, "Sadistic" was part of the title for one OC, so I signed up with that. The reason I said 'two' OCs is 'cos I messed up registration, so it told me 1) Sadistic was in use and 2) my email was in use. I figured I'd ask about my email, and then I'd use "Starlit", part of the title for the other OC, for my registration. In the end I got to use Sadistic. Yay.

The username being an OC-based choice makes it pretty special to me. I also like the "You're not as scary as your username implies!" comments; those are pretty special, too. :3
Back when I was 12, I had two OCs with titles that described them or their likes. (Later on these OCs were modified for a Kingdom Hearts RP, and their titles became their "Nobody Title".) Anyway, "Sadistic" was part of the title for one OC, so I signed up with that. The reason I said 'two' OCs is 'cos I messed up registration, so it told me 1) Sadistic was in use and 2) my email was in use. I figured I'd ask about my email, and then I'd use "Starlit", part of the title for the other OC, for my registration. In the end I got to use Sadistic. Yay.

The username being an OC-based choice makes it pretty special to me. I also like the "You're not as scary as your username implies!" comments; those are pretty special, too. :3
"That was a nice distraction."
"The time I was able to spend with you... It was like memories of pure light."
tumblr_inline_nr3jt1Pqab1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jt1Pqab1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jt1Pqab1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jt1Pqab1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jtp2T4U1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.png
"Sweet dreams. I'll be with you before long."
"That's how it's done."
Humans are the most irrational beings.

QBTY.pnggVbL.png
bH4wU.gif
It's a Game of Thrones house.

That's pretty cool?

Okay, so it's not the most popular and the majority of the best members of the house have been omitted from the series or changed... but... shhh.

Special. c:
It's a Game of Thrones house.

That's pretty cool?

Okay, so it's not the most popular and the majority of the best members of the house have been omitted from the series or changed... but... shhh.

Special. c:
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Mine's based on Vesuvius, the volcano that destroyed Pompeii. I was looking up the Ouroboros at the time and I read somewhere about a link between the symbol and Mt. Vesuvius, it was probably wrong as it's since been deleted but I really liked the connections between dragons, serpents, cycles, volcanoes. It's also just a really satisfying word. :P

I wanted to find a username that wasn't in frequent use by anyone else so I could standardise it over any websites I use, so tweaked Vesuvius a bit. However after quite a few years it seems to have been taken up by someone else as lately I keep running into the good old "This username is already taken" when registering on sites, might need to find a new one soon!
Mine's based on Vesuvius, the volcano that destroyed Pompeii. I was looking up the Ouroboros at the time and I read somewhere about a link between the symbol and Mt. Vesuvius, it was probably wrong as it's since been deleted but I really liked the connections between dragons, serpents, cycles, volcanoes. It's also just a really satisfying word. :P

I wanted to find a username that wasn't in frequent use by anyone else so I could standardise it over any websites I use, so tweaked Vesuvius a bit. However after quite a few years it seems to have been taken up by someone else as lately I keep running into the good old "This username is already taken" when registering on sites, might need to find a new one soon!
b6W0Gze.png
Name origins are so much fun! :D

My go-to name used to be Boco. I stole that from the Chocobo in Final Fantasy V. Needless to say it's a little short and often already taken. So I started looking for a replacement. I'm a big fan of music and soundtracks (video game music in particular). One of my favorite songs was "Op.13" from the Dracula Battle Perfect Selection. It was readable, a little obscure, music related, and not TOO common. So I ended up using that almost everywhere!

The hilarious part is that the song in question was actually misnamed. The song I like is "Slash" but the track list on the CD called it "Op.13" for some reason. The actual "Op.13" is an entirely different song which isn't even included on the Dracula Battle Perfect Selection. So my name is sort of a misunderstanding in a way? I find the whole thing amusing and I've just stuck with it. Helps keep things somewhat consistent.
Name origins are so much fun! :D

My go-to name used to be Boco. I stole that from the Chocobo in Final Fantasy V. Needless to say it's a little short and often already taken. So I started looking for a replacement. I'm a big fan of music and soundtracks (video game music in particular). One of my favorite songs was "Op.13" from the Dracula Battle Perfect Selection. It was readable, a little obscure, music related, and not TOO common. So I ended up using that almost everywhere!

The hilarious part is that the song in question was actually misnamed. The song I like is "Slash" but the track list on the CD called it "Op.13" for some reason. The actual "Op.13" is an entirely different song which isn't even included on the Dracula Battle Perfect Selection. So my name is sort of a misunderstanding in a way? I find the whole thing amusing and I've just stuck with it. Helps keep things somewhat consistent.
Qjihi7I.png
Welp, my user name, Heropon, is the title of one of my favouirte Xenoblade Chronicles characters, Riki!
Welp, my user name, Heropon, is the title of one of my favouirte Xenoblade Chronicles characters, Riki!
Don't worry about it. Silly Arcade's just telling magnetic field jokes for his own amusement.
This username is pretty old; something I came up with when I was writing and posting said writings to sites.
Although I don't go by it, my name is Ebony. I don't like the name (I prefer Jayy), so Ivory. Jaied (pronounced "Jade") is a name I've liked since I was very young, and often named my dolls, several pets and, once, a rock. So, we have the opposite of the name I was given at birth, and a name I would much rather be called.

I used my free name change days after signing up, because I was in a rush when I signed up, and made a mistake.
If I still had that, I would change my username to Mannequin-Delinquents, or simply Mannequin if it wasn't already taken and, like on many other sites, restrict the amount of letters in a username.
Two words I like; they just look cool when written out. Also the titles of two songs I like by a band that isn't together anymore.
This username is pretty old; something I came up with when I was writing and posting said writings to sites.
Although I don't go by it, my name is Ebony. I don't like the name (I prefer Jayy), so Ivory. Jaied (pronounced "Jade") is a name I've liked since I was very young, and often named my dolls, several pets and, once, a rock. So, we have the opposite of the name I was given at birth, and a name I would much rather be called.

I used my free name change days after signing up, because I was in a rush when I signed up, and made a mistake.
If I still had that, I would change my username to Mannequin-Delinquents, or simply Mannequin if it wasn't already taken and, like on many other sites, restrict the amount of letters in a username.
Two words I like; they just look cool when written out. Also the titles of two songs I like by a band that isn't together anymore.
zZEQs8q.png
My name comes from Morrowind. It's the name of a dungeon that's one of the main strongholds of the primary villain, a dark and grody underground hellscape full of undead horrors, mad scrawlings, corpses, red candles, and artfully arranged furniture.

It's such a well thought out and unique little place that it ended up being my favorite dungeron crawl in a game that pretty much carried me through some really rough times. When I was at my worst and I couldn't face the world, I could still face the Ashlands, y'know?

So, basically: It's my favorite dungeon in a game with a lot of sentimental value to me. And it fits the Plague theme so heyyyyy.
My name comes from Morrowind. It's the name of a dungeon that's one of the main strongholds of the primary villain, a dark and grody underground hellscape full of undead horrors, mad scrawlings, corpses, red candles, and artfully arranged furniture.

It's such a well thought out and unique little place that it ended up being my favorite dungeron crawl in a game that pretty much carried me through some really rough times. When I was at my worst and I couldn't face the world, I could still face the Ashlands, y'know?

So, basically: It's my favorite dungeon in a game with a lot of sentimental value to me. And it fits the Plague theme so heyyyyy.
294869_900.png421497_900.png421214_900.png341914_900.png
My username used to be a username some-odd years ago Dimentiofan (after a character in Super Paper Mario), shortened to "Dfan" by friends. It was eventually given more vowels to actually look like an actual name, and given to a character of mine who was later renamed.
My username used to be a username some-odd years ago Dimentiofan (after a character in Super Paper Mario), shortened to "Dfan" by friends. It was eventually given more vowels to actually look like an actual name, and given to a character of mine who was later renamed.
P1xEorW.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdvmdpmL1qlye38.gif
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 42 43