Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How to get Free Genes/Dragons/Etc?
Note: I am horrible at explaining things!
Just to clarify - I'm not asking 'Oh how can I get X, Y and Z from other players'.

I'm asking if it's possible to get genes, dragons, apparel, etc. from just... Playing the game(s?).

I saw that I can get apparel from Pinkerton's Plundered Pile, so is it possible to somehow get dragons from there or is there somewhere else for that and other items?
Note: I am horrible at explaining things!
Just to clarify - I'm not asking 'Oh how can I get X, Y and Z from other players'.

I'm asking if it's possible to get genes, dragons, apparel, etc. from just... Playing the game(s?).

I saw that I can get apparel from Pinkerton's Plundered Pile, so is it possible to somehow get dragons from there or is there somewhere else for that and other items?
@UnveiledBlight you can get various items (including apparel and genes) from coliseum, and various trading post activities (like for example arlo and baldwin offers apparel, familiars and genes)

you cannot get dragons direcly from site activities outside of breeding, but hatching unhatched egg items will give you a basic dragon with randomly chosen colors. you get eggs from baldwin, coliseum, and scavenging in gathering (elemental eggs give fae, tundra, mirror and guardian dragons with element matching the egg's element, and bogsneak eggs give a bogsneak dragon with random element)

and of course just earning ingame currency through gameplay is always an option that allows you to purchase these from marketplace and auction house
@UnveiledBlight you can get various items (including apparel and genes) from coliseum, and various trading post activities (like for example arlo and baldwin offers apparel, familiars and genes)

you cannot get dragons direcly from site activities outside of breeding, but hatching unhatched egg items will give you a basic dragon with randomly chosen colors. you get eggs from baldwin, coliseum, and scavenging in gathering (elemental eggs give fae, tundra, mirror and guardian dragons with element matching the egg's element, and bogsneak eggs give a bogsneak dragon with random element)

and of course just earning ingame currency through gameplay is always an option that allows you to purchase these from marketplace and auction house
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
[quote][item=Primary Gene: Python][item=Secondary Gene: Morph] (Primary Gene: Python)&(Secondary Gene: Morph) Rarely drops in coliseum, available in any venue [item=Primary Gene: Phantom (Gaoler)][item=Secondary Gene: Spirit (Gaoler)][item=Tertiary Gene: Weathered (Gaoler)] [i]Primary Gene: Phantom (Gaoler) & Secondary Gene: Spirit (Gaoler) & Tertiary Gene: Weathered (Gaoler)[/i] Rarely drops in coliseum, available in any venue[/quote] From [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2368379]this thread[/url] So these are the genes and breed changes that can be found "for free" in the Coliseum, you just need to have the patience to grind them out. I've found a Morph and a Python so far already, and also you can find dragon eggs which can hatch into a free baby. And if the baby has good colors it could be really valuable because it's "G1" aka it has no parents. People really like that on here I think. But the eggs also sell really well.
Quote:
Primary Gene: Python Secondary Gene: Morph
(Primary Gene: Python)&(Secondary Gene: Morph)
Rarely drops in coliseum, available in any venue

Primary Gene: Phantom (Gaoler) & Secondary Gene: Spirit (Gaoler) & Tertiary Gene: Weathered (Gaoler)
Rarely drops in coliseum, available in any venue

From this thread

So these are the genes and breed changes that can be found "for free" in the Coliseum, you just need to have the patience to grind them out. I've found a Morph and a Python so far already, and also you can find dragon eggs which can hatch into a free baby. And if the baby has good colors it could be really valuable because it's "G1" aka it has no parents. People really like that on here I think. But the eggs also sell really well.
Sapling-Speaker.png
000000000000000017LNzUR.pngeswSnrS.png
0000000000000000QQc3RqI.pngrix3ppo.png
000000000000000000BzjAkuF.png
0000000000000000Sprouting-Goblin.png
i think you may benefit from the game database, which exists to help answer questions like that. if you want to know how to obtain any item in the game, search for it in the game database.

for example, if you want to know how to get alabaster filigree gauntlets, you could look those up and see it can be bought from the gem marketplace.
i think you may benefit from the game database, which exists to help answer questions like that. if you want to know how to obtain any item in the game, search for it in the game database.

for example, if you want to know how to get alabaster filigree gauntlets, you could look those up and see it can be bought from the gem marketplace.
Tired | Xe / Xem / Xyr | Gymru | avatar
You can also get genes from Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, but that requires time and resources. Still, it's "free" :>
You can also get genes from Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, but that requires time and resources. Still, it's "free" :>
KfDd4Th.png
Mousewalk.gif
YMPbu9R.png
Jd88XNq.png
hZipXGO.png
qb9pYzX.png
5hF3FGk.png
3OFO0ZB.png 4441.png 4439.png
There's several apparel items which drop from the coliseum, and a few genes too! You can even get the breed change scroll for Fathoms there :) [item=Breed Change: Fathom] There's also a couple of genes you can get from Arlo's Ancient Artifacts by clearing some of the big rectangles (Each "digsite" has one primary and one secondary, but you can re-clear spots indefinitely and have as many as you want of each!) [item=Primary Gene: Ground][item=Secondary Gene: Fissure][item=Primary Gene: Boulder][item=Secondary Gene: Myrid] [item=Primary Gene: Tide][item=Secondary Gene: Foam][item=Primary Gene: Chrysocolla][item=Secondary Gene: Malachite] I recommend you search around the Game Database to find what comes from where ^^ And, as mentioned before, monsters have a small chance to drop elemental eggs: [item=Unhatched Arcane Egg][item=Unhatched Earth Egg][item=Unhatched Fire Egg][item=Unhatched Light Egg][item=Unhatched Lightning Egg][item=Unhatched Nature Egg][item=Unhatched Plague Egg][item=Unhatched Shadow Egg][item=Unhatched Water Egg][item=Unhatched Wind Egg] These will have all-basic genes, random colors, and will be one of the four plentiful breeds (Fae, Mirror, Tundra or Guardian) You'd probably be better off selling these for gems and buying the dragon you want, but they're the only consistant source of Free dragons. (Not counting breeding ofc) There's also Nocturne Eggs which can come from Strange Chests, that only be found during the december holiday Night of the Nocturne [i]Sometimes[/i] the release of a new breed will come with two free dragons too!
There's several apparel items which drop from the coliseum, and a few genes too! You can even get the breed change scroll for Fathoms there :)
Breed Change: Fathom

There's also a couple of genes you can get from Arlo's Ancient Artifacts by clearing some of the big rectangles
(Each "digsite" has one primary and one secondary, but you can re-clear spots indefinitely and have as many as you want of each!)
Primary Gene: Ground Secondary Gene: Fissure Primary Gene: Boulder Secondary Gene: Myrid
Primary Gene: Tide Secondary Gene: Foam Primary Gene: Chrysocolla Secondary Gene: Malachite
I recommend you search around the Game Database to find what comes from where ^^

And, as mentioned before, monsters have a small chance to drop elemental eggs:

Unhatched Arcane Egg Unhatched Earth Egg Unhatched Fire Egg Unhatched Light Egg Unhatched Lightning Egg Unhatched Nature Egg Unhatched Plague Egg Unhatched Shadow Egg Unhatched Water Egg Unhatched Wind Egg

These will have all-basic genes, random colors, and will be one of the four plentiful breeds (Fae, Mirror, Tundra or Guardian)
You'd probably be better off selling these for gems and buying the dragon you want, but they're the only consistant source of Free dragons. (Not counting breeding ofc)

There's also Nocturne Eggs which can come from Strange Chests, that only be found during the december holiday Night of the Nocturne

Sometimes the release of a new breed will come with two free dragons too!
Banner Edit shamelessly stolen from Shimmer :P
FObX7rS.png6b8kW67.pngYMPbu9R.png
tumblr_nl2co32pic1ra6yido1_500.png