Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Questions about starting a hatchery?
Hi! So I know I’ve been on this site for like 8 months, but I still feel quite new and am learning new stuff every day. Right now I’m really wanting to start a hatchery. I have a few breeding pairs specifically for it, and a few more I’m working on but I’m very overwhelmed with everything I need to figure out still. I am amazed by how gorgeous some of the hatchery forum posts I’ve seen are, and I was curious if anyone had any tips or tricks to make one that at least looks a little interesting in comparison to just plain text, if that makes sense. I also don’t know what to price many of them at. I sorta have an understanding of what dragons are worth and I don’t want to charge a ton for any of my hatchlings, but I also wanna make sure I don’t totally undervalue any of them. Overall, I’m just confused and overwhelmed by how I need to set this all up, and I’m scared of looking stupid or being made fun of by people who are better with breeding and text formatting and stuff lol! If you guys have any tips, please let me know!
Hi! So I know I’ve been on this site for like 8 months, but I still feel quite new and am learning new stuff every day. Right now I’m really wanting to start a hatchery. I have a few breeding pairs specifically for it, and a few more I’m working on but I’m very overwhelmed with everything I need to figure out still. I am amazed by how gorgeous some of the hatchery forum posts I’ve seen are, and I was curious if anyone had any tips or tricks to make one that at least looks a little interesting in comparison to just plain text, if that makes sense. I also don’t know what to price many of them at. I sorta have an understanding of what dragons are worth and I don’t want to charge a ton for any of my hatchlings, but I also wanna make sure I don’t totally undervalue any of them. Overall, I’m just confused and overwhelmed by how I need to set this all up, and I’m scared of looking stupid or being made fun of by people who are better with breeding and text formatting and stuff lol! If you guys have any tips, please let me know!
@WJadedLane

Hatchery Guide should answer most of your questions in more detail.

BBC Guide for all your formatting needs.

Pricing Dragons

Free Hatchery Template Search

Data-Based Earning Guide to afford all the space and genes you'll want.

In the end a hatchery is a dragon sales thread where people can look at the parents of upcoming hatchlings. It's a way to draw eyeballs who are hopefully attached to empty lair spaces and deep pockets. Even a simple thread works.

For comparison I have no hatchery thread, no ping lists of prospective buyers and just list my dragons in the AH until they become adults. I generally sell 1-3 dragons a week and hatch a nest a day plus random rented nests. Hatcheries are generally run by people who enjoy running them for the sake of running them.

Good luck with your dragons!
@WJadedLane

Hatchery Guide should answer most of your questions in more detail.

BBC Guide for all your formatting needs.

Pricing Dragons

Free Hatchery Template Search

Data-Based Earning Guide to afford all the space and genes you'll want.

In the end a hatchery is a dragon sales thread where people can look at the parents of upcoming hatchlings. It's a way to draw eyeballs who are hopefully attached to empty lair spaces and deep pockets. Even a simple thread works.

For comparison I have no hatchery thread, no ping lists of prospective buyers and just list my dragons in the AH until they become adults. I generally sell 1-3 dragons a week and hatch a nest a day plus random rented nests. Hatcheries are generally run by people who enjoy running them for the sake of running them.

Good luck with your dragons!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?