Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Quick question
So in all the money-making guides I see, they say if you level dragons to sell, the rarer breeds (coatls and wildclaws) sell waaaay better. Is there a particular reason for this that only applies for level 25s? Because last I checked I don't think coatls or wildclaws sell any better than others of the same genes and colors.
So in all the money-making guides I see, they say if you level dragons to sell, the rarer breeds (coatls and wildclaws) sell waaaay better. Is there a particular reason for this that only applies for level 25s? Because last I checked I don't think coatls or wildclaws sell any better than others of the same genes and colors.
Clan Lore
@CelestialPrime

The quick answer is no. The long answer is more involved.

I don't know what guides you're looking at, but that's a bit out of date. I'm guessing you're looking at a hatchery guide? Popular breeds (coatls, imps) sell somewhat better than other breeds when you're comparing dragons sold at above exalt price on the AH. For exalt pricing breed doesn't matter unless that one has a bonus for the day.

I think what the hatchery guides mean is that breeds with longer cooldowns have a slower downward trajectory in price because it takes longer to breed enough to fill the lairs of people who want that breed/new gene/color combo.

For example, I wanted a breeding pair whose colors didn't exist. If I could have found someone selling them I would have bought them up to about 2k gems because that would have been cheaper than doing it myself (coatl, 3 gem genes). Or I could have waited several months until that breed/gene/color combo was more widely available and thus cheaper.

Impatience drives a lot of the prices here. I've been breeding for the color since Opal came out and only got my pair last month.

As for L25s, an attractive dragon will nearly always sell for more than a similarly leveled and stoned dragon. It depends on what the buyer wants.

Hope this helps!
@CelestialPrime

The quick answer is no. The long answer is more involved.

I don't know what guides you're looking at, but that's a bit out of date. I'm guessing you're looking at a hatchery guide? Popular breeds (coatls, imps) sell somewhat better than other breeds when you're comparing dragons sold at above exalt price on the AH. For exalt pricing breed doesn't matter unless that one has a bonus for the day.

I think what the hatchery guides mean is that breeds with longer cooldowns have a slower downward trajectory in price because it takes longer to breed enough to fill the lairs of people who want that breed/new gene/color combo.

For example, I wanted a breeding pair whose colors didn't exist. If I could have found someone selling them I would have bought them up to about 2k gems because that would have been cheaper than doing it myself (coatl, 3 gem genes). Or I could have waited several months until that breed/gene/color combo was more widely available and thus cheaper.

Impatience drives a lot of the prices here. I've been breeding for the color since Opal came out and only got my pair last month.

As for L25s, an attractive dragon will nearly always sell for more than a similarly leveled and stoned dragon. It depends on what the buyer wants.

Hope this helps!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@CelestialPrime

I also wanted to point out that if you are planning on training level 25s to sell, DO NOT STONE THEM. The stones normally won't boost the price too much and thus would be worth more alone, and in the case of Eliminates, are worth about the same alone as a level 25 with eliminate.
@CelestialPrime

I also wanted to point out that if you are planning on training level 25s to sell, DO NOT STONE THEM. The stones normally won't boost the price too much and thus would be worth more alone, and in the case of Eliminates, are worth about the same alone as a level 25 with eliminate.