Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Flight size and dominance?
I had always been told that in a dom battle where one flight has (for example) twice as many active (i.e. logged in within the past 2 weeks) users than the other, the dragons from the smaller flight are worth twice as much toward the dom tally to even the odds and make it more fair. There were a couple posts in the Plague forum and on off-site chats explaining that and also info on it in the [url=http://flightrising.wikia.com/wiki/Flight_Dominance]Flight Rising Wikia page on dominance[/url] but I don't know how reliable it is: [quote]Exalted dragons contribute directly to a particular flight's dominance in the on-going battle between the 11 elements. The value of each dragon's contribution to this conflict is calculated based upon the dragon's level, and the total number of active clans within a given flight. A clan is considered inactive if the user has not logged in for two weeks [2]. As a simplified example, in a direct fight between 2 flights, one with 500 active clans and another with 1000 active clans, dragons exalted from the smaller clan contribute roughly double the value as those from the larger clan, which helps even the odds between the flights. It is not presently known how much value is contributed by an individual dragon's level, only that higher levels are assumed to yield proportionately greater worth.[/quote] I mentioned it in a thread but somebody more knowledgeable about dom informed me that it only counts active exalters and they did seem to know their stuff but I don't quite understand what that entails. I didn't want to clog/derail the thread by asking a bunch of questions and make it harder for users to read the on-topic posts so I'll ask for clarification here. In addition I figured the best place for a question on game mechanics is in the help center and I'll probably learn more here than I would in a thread not meant for questions. I'll condense my questions here: 1. What determines a user as an active exalter and not just an active user? 2. Is there any way to see how many active exalters are in a flight or is it a behind the scenes thing like the info on how many dragons were exalted? 3. Can somebody point me in the direction of staff posts explaining the dom mechanics? I tried to search for their posts on the matter but I'm either using the wrong search terms or the posts are buried way way back. I'm going on just a few hours of sleep right now so that probably contributes to my confusion. Thanks in advance for any info.
I had always been told that in a dom battle where one flight has (for example) twice as many active (i.e. logged in within the past 2 weeks) users than the other, the dragons from the smaller flight are worth twice as much toward the dom tally to even the odds and make it more fair. There were a couple posts in the Plague forum and on off-site chats explaining that and also info on it in the Flight Rising Wikia page on dominance but I don't know how reliable it is:
Quote:
Exalted dragons contribute directly to a particular flight's dominance in the on-going battle between the 11 elements. The value of each dragon's contribution to this conflict is calculated based upon the dragon's level, and the total number of active clans within a given flight. A clan is considered inactive if the user has not logged in for two weeks [2]. As a simplified example, in a direct fight between 2 flights, one with 500 active clans and another with 1000 active clans, dragons exalted from the smaller clan contribute roughly double the value as those from the larger clan, which helps even the odds between the flights. It is not presently known how much value is contributed by an individual dragon's level, only that higher levels are assumed to yield proportionately greater worth.

I mentioned it in a thread but somebody more knowledgeable about dom informed me that it only counts active exalters and they did seem to know their stuff but I don't quite understand what that entails. I didn't want to clog/derail the thread by asking a bunch of questions and make it harder for users to read the on-topic posts so I'll ask for clarification here. In addition I figured the best place for a question on game mechanics is in the help center and I'll probably learn more here than I would in a thread not meant for questions.

I'll condense my questions here:

1. What determines a user as an active exalter and not just an active user?
2. Is there any way to see how many active exalters are in a flight or is it a behind the scenes thing like the info on how many dragons were exalted?
3. Can somebody point me in the direction of staff posts explaining the dom mechanics? I tried to search for their posts on the matter but I'm either using the wrong search terms or the posts are buried way way back.

I'm going on just a few hours of sleep right now so that probably contributes to my confusion. Thanks in advance for any info.
MUYNhfy.png
VPnffeY.png
Achillean (NB Achillean flag)
rix3ppo.png
WKtl2lb.png
J7D1quC.png
l4bF82r.pngR9wtXaf.pngiZMfJug.pngwE8InSj.pngBjG9OOU.pnga6YPmbH.gif47CqiMq.gif
ASbXVY4.png
bYt72YT.png
tqGkHih.png
4SE4T9N.png
KrIo0N3.png
t6zNkmJ.png
9JeQCtz.png
@Namira

Basically, the number of 'exalt points' (we don't know how it's calculated) is divided between the number of active clans. This means that Dom is won by the flight with the most average exalts per user (more or less) rather than the most total exalts (which would mean that the biggest flights always won).

Questions:
1: Nothing. There is no 'active exalter' designation. Non-exalting active clans harm their flight's Dom efforts, but there are generally equivalent numbers of these, and any individual clan's effect is miniscule.
2: Not that I'm aware of.
3: Sorry, can't help. You seem to have the only one that really matters- the rest are probably just explaining that yes, exalt level affects Dom, and no, we won't tell you how.
@Namira

Basically, the number of 'exalt points' (we don't know how it's calculated) is divided between the number of active clans. This means that Dom is won by the flight with the most average exalts per user (more or less) rather than the most total exalts (which would mean that the biggest flights always won).

Questions:
1: Nothing. There is no 'active exalter' designation. Non-exalting active clans harm their flight's Dom efforts, but there are generally equivalent numbers of these, and any individual clan's effect is miniscule.
2: Not that I'm aware of.
3: Sorry, can't help. You seem to have the only one that really matters- the rest are probably just explaining that yes, exalt level affects Dom, and no, we won't tell you how.
windh4.png
@Namira It's active users, the Wikia link has the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/584#post_22421367]wrong page[/url]: [quote][quote]How long does an account have to be inactive for before it is no longer figured into the active accounts for dom calculations?[/quote] Two weeks![/quote]
@Namira

It's active users, the Wikia link has the wrong page:
Quote:
Quote:
How long does an account have to be inactive for before it is no longer figured into the active accounts for dom calculations?

Two weeks!