Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Coliseum not working
Help: I can't play coliseum for more than 30 seconds before it freezes.

I can basically choose my party and go to a battle stage and then after my first attack I can no longer click or target anything. Nothing highlights or responds to my mouse. I have to refresh the page which puts me back in the coliseum menu and I can't get anywhere.
I just downloaded the java update if that is what the problem was, but there has been no improvement. I play FR on a mac in safari browser.

Very frustrating since coliseum still had issues a year or two ago when I took a break from this game, I come back, and it's even worse. Help appreciated.
Help: I can't play coliseum for more than 30 seconds before it freezes.

I can basically choose my party and go to a battle stage and then after my first attack I can no longer click or target anything. Nothing highlights or responds to my mouse. I have to refresh the page which puts me back in the coliseum menu and I can't get anywhere.
I just downloaded the java update if that is what the problem was, but there has been no improvement. I play FR on a mac in safari browser.

Very frustrating since coliseum still had issues a year or two ago when I took a break from this game, I come back, and it's even worse. Help appreciated.
ZNhRsiG.png
@seraphinwings

Have you tried a different browser or using it on safemode? Does it work if you try playing on your phone or tablet?

I haven't experience issues, but I don't have a mac or safari though, so I can't speak to that possibly being the issue.
@seraphinwings

Have you tried a different browser or using it on safemode? Does it work if you try playing on your phone or tablet?

I haven't experience issues, but I don't have a mac or safari though, so I can't speak to that possibly being the issue.
@seraphinwings

couple of suggestions:

1st clear your browser cache, this is usually what's causing problems for most

2nd, there's been a few ads that pop up every now and then that slow Coli down, use an adblocker for the Coli and Fairgrounds, but keep the rest of the domain whitelisted so FR can still get revenue

3rd use the alternate socket in settings or the Safemode link pinned at the top of the Help Forums

If none of that works, then I would suggest switching your browser as the last resort.
@seraphinwings

couple of suggestions:

1st clear your browser cache, this is usually what's causing problems for most

2nd, there's been a few ads that pop up every now and then that slow Coli down, use an adblocker for the Coli and Fairgrounds, but keep the rest of the domain whitelisted so FR can still get revenue

3rd use the alternate socket in settings or the Safemode link pinned at the top of the Help Forums

If none of that works, then I would suggest switching your browser as the last resort.
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
@Anourou @Mignonne I have an ad blocker, but I'll try clearing the cache and try that safe mode if nothing else works.
I'm pretty sure the games don't work on phones, if they are based on Flash (Apple phones can't play anything Flash), that would make them too tiny to really play anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions!
@Anourou @Mignonne I have an ad blocker, but I'll try clearing the cache and try that safe mode if nothing else works.
I'm pretty sure the games don't work on phones, if they are based on Flash (Apple phones can't play anything Flash), that would make them too tiny to really play anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions!
ZNhRsiG.png
@seraphinwings - HEY just to let you know, the coli is working on tablet and phone an it doesn't need flash! besides most of the fairground games suck on mobile and tablets.
@seraphinwings - HEY just to let you know, the coli is working on tablet and phone an it doesn't need flash! besides most of the fairground games suck on mobile and tablets.
officer, i drop kicked that child in self defense
~
fr +17 • she / her
@seraphinwings they don't appear to be flash based, because the coliseum works on my phone. It's also worked on a samsung tablet and a kindle.. It's a little annoying cause i do have to double tap everything from stone selection to monsters, as opposed to single tapping that I do on the computer, but it does work.

The fairground games also seem to work fine 9 times out of 10. I maxed out on Artifracture on my phone yesterday, as I find it more intuitive and also easier on my wrist than trying to play it on a computer. It's easier to play with the phone horizontally though, definitely, or the icons are too small. You can also full screen it on your phone.
@seraphinwings they don't appear to be flash based, because the coliseum works on my phone. It's also worked on a samsung tablet and a kindle.. It's a little annoying cause i do have to double tap everything from stone selection to monsters, as opposed to single tapping that I do on the computer, but it does work.

The fairground games also seem to work fine 9 times out of 10. I maxed out on Artifracture on my phone yesterday, as I find it more intuitive and also easier on my wrist than trying to play it on a computer. It's easier to play with the phone horizontally though, definitely, or the icons are too small. You can also full screen it on your phone.