Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Steam Games for Art? :P
--- Hi, I was wondering if Steam Games / like the codes and such, were okay to trade in exchange for art and ONLY ART on this site? Like, can I make a forum post in the Art Sales subforum looking for art in exchange for the codes?
--- I looked over the rules, but I want to be extra sure! Thank you in advance.
--- Hi, I was wondering if Steam Games / like the codes and such, were okay to trade in exchange for art and ONLY ART on this site? Like, can I make a forum post in the Art Sales subforum looking for art in exchange for the codes?
--- I looked over the rules, but I want to be extra sure! Thank you in advance.
Hello
1WHOIfu.gif
@popette I don't think you can do that since steam games and codes are bought with real-world money.
FR art would still be a medium of currency (as people frequently trade items and dragons for art)
You'd have to ask a mod or admin to be 100% sure though.

I tried looking up steams cross-site policy but couldn't find it, but if you're able to find it I'd double check over it to make sure the steam guidelines say you can do that.
@popette I don't think you can do that since steam games and codes are bought with real-world money.
FR art would still be a medium of currency (as people frequently trade items and dragons for art)
You'd have to ask a mod or admin to be 100% sure though.

I tried looking up steams cross-site policy but couldn't find it, but if you're able to find it I'd double check over it to make sure the steam guidelines say you can do that.
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@Shinyumbreon
Hrm, that's true, I don't think they generally allow it- or they don't encourage it , from what I read anyways.
x_x I'll need to find another use for these keys then, thanks still!
I'll still keep this open in case someone can tell me otherwise though.
@Shinyumbreon
Hrm, that's true, I don't think they generally allow it- or they don't encourage it , from what I read anyways.
x_x I'll need to find another use for these keys then, thanks still!
I'll still keep this open in case someone can tell me otherwise though.
Hello
1WHOIfu.gif
@popette
there doesn't appear to be anything against it in the Steam terms of service, but that's still iffy territory, imo. a better bet would be to sell your art for real-world currency, and then purchase steam games using those funds.
@popette
there doesn't appear to be anything against it in the Steam terms of service, but that's still iffy territory, imo. a better bet would be to sell your art for real-world currency, and then purchase steam games using those funds.
hn5xCVk.png
@Ichored
Ah, no I'm asking if I could trade games for art or something! very risky tho still, even if it was allowed. rip
@Ichored
Ah, no I'm asking if I could trade games for art or something! very risky tho still, even if it was allowed. rip
Hello
1WHOIfu.gif
@Popette
was just about to edit my post! definitely misread. ^^; still risky, yeah. admins probably could get a better answer to you!
@Popette
was just about to edit my post! definitely misread. ^^; still risky, yeah. admins probably could get a better answer to you!
hn5xCVk.png