Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Newbie question thread
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24
@Kallistrate
Yeah all the time! I'm actually currently working on a breeding project and people seem fine with me borrowing their dragons.
@Kallistrate
Yeah all the time! I'm actually currently working on a breeding project and people seem fine with me borrowing their dragons.
bonsai_selkirie_1_wip_by_auricolor-dawffmd.png
Okay, here's a big one from me, after playing with Predict Morphology with my first batch of lil' guys....

It seems, at least when using the predict tool, that a 'newbie' female with basic everything is going to have a 95% chance to simply pass on basic, albeit evidently randomized colors to their offspring no matter how wildly bred the male in the pairing is.

The question is, therefore, is there even any point in saving female offspring that are "cursed" with basic-ness if they can only pass on traits if they are manually altered? There seems to be only about a 2% chance that any one unique gene from the male might actually show up in the hatchlings.

Actually (and retrospectively), perhaps that means the questing REALLY is... is there any point to having *males* that have any non-basic genes? Since there's evidently such a ridiculously low chance that their genes will be passed on to their offspring, then there seems little reason to bother fiddling with their own morphology. D:

-PG
Okay, here's a big one from me, after playing with Predict Morphology with my first batch of lil' guys....

It seems, at least when using the predict tool, that a 'newbie' female with basic everything is going to have a 95% chance to simply pass on basic, albeit evidently randomized colors to their offspring no matter how wildly bred the male in the pairing is.

The question is, therefore, is there even any point in saving female offspring that are "cursed" with basic-ness if they can only pass on traits if they are manually altered? There seems to be only about a 2% chance that any one unique gene from the male might actually show up in the hatchlings.

Actually (and retrospectively), perhaps that means the questing REALLY is... is there any point to having *males* that have any non-basic genes? Since there's evidently such a ridiculously low chance that their genes will be passed on to their offspring, then there seems little reason to bother fiddling with their own morphology. D:

-PG
@PawsGryphon

Close--the chance is 99% to pass that gene to either gender if one parent is basic and the other is rare. See this thread for percentages:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=1123974&p=mb

If you're talking about your progenitors (first 2 dragons you start with) you may want to keep them around for a while and decide later if you'd like to add genes to them. Some people regret exalting them (no treasure, no dom bonuses) and others don't.

Mostly, people keep "basic" dragons to scroll (progens, first gens from found eggs) so that they can add genes later. Also, some rare color combos may only be available from a "basic" dragon.
@PawsGryphon

Close--the chance is 99% to pass that gene to either gender if one parent is basic and the other is rare. See this thread for percentages:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=1123974&p=mb

If you're talking about your progenitors (first 2 dragons you start with) you may want to keep them around for a while and decide later if you'd like to add genes to them. Some people regret exalting them (no treasure, no dom bonuses) and others don't.

Mostly, people keep "basic" dragons to scroll (progens, first gens from found eggs) so that they can add genes later. Also, some rare color combos may only be available from a "basic" dragon.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Tunapaste

See this thread for information on how much exalting dragons earns you:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/746775
@Tunapaste

See this thread for information on how much exalting dragons earns you:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/746775
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Hello @PawsGryphon! Gender has nothing to do with what genes are passed on or how frequently they are passed on. Gene heredity is based on a percentage, depending on how rare the gene is. Basic gene (lack of gene) will always be the most dominant because it is the most "common." So if one parent is all basic and the other parent is all gened, then the odds are good all offspring will be basic too. If both parents are gened, then the odds will favor the more common gene instead. For more about that, I think reading this guide might help. Basically, if you want gened offspring then both parents must have genes. Is this information answering your question? :)

Edit: Whoops, took too long typing. I see!
Hello @PawsGryphon! Gender has nothing to do with what genes are passed on or how frequently they are passed on. Gene heredity is based on a percentage, depending on how rare the gene is. Basic gene (lack of gene) will always be the most dominant because it is the most "common." So if one parent is all basic and the other parent is all gened, then the odds are good all offspring will be basic too. If both parents are gened, then the odds will favor the more common gene instead. For more about that, I think reading this guide might help. Basically, if you want gened offspring then both parents must have genes. Is this information answering your question? :)

Edit: Whoops, took too long typing. I see!
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
Ah, thanks, @JCStitches and @Nightwind .... it makes sense now. :D
Ah, thanks, @JCStitches and @Nightwind .... it makes sense now. :D
@PawsGryphon
Also I'd like to add in that treasure genes (the ones that are bought with treasure and don't look all shiny) have approximately a 50% chance of being passed on (its probably a bit lower but its very common to get gened offspring from a treasure gened and basic pair)
@PawsGryphon
Also I'd like to add in that treasure genes (the ones that are bought with treasure and don't look all shiny) have approximately a 50% chance of being passed on (its probably a bit lower but its very common to get gened offspring from a treasure gened and basic pair)
bonsai_selkirie_1_wip_by_auricolor-dawffmd.png
Hi, I added stones to my dragons in the coliseum, but i after looking at some guides, i want to change them. Is there any way to do this, or do I have to start over with new dragons?
Hi, I added stones to my dragons in the coliseum, but i after looking at some guides, i want to change them. Is there any way to do this, or do I have to start over with new dragons?
@BubblegumFairy

You can just put new stones over the old ones. You won't be able to get the old ones back as they are "destroyed" by the replacements, but you don't need to start over, no. c:
@BubblegumFairy

You can just put new stones over the old ones. You won't be able to get the old ones back as they are "destroyed" by the replacements, but you don't need to start over, no. c:
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
@Greyjoy Thank you so much! That's really good to know :)
@Greyjoy Thank you so much! That's really good to know :)
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24