Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Tiny Little Questions
1 2 ... 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 ... 3163 3164
Hey everybody! What do the amounts of little stars by the items mean?
Hey everybody! What do the amounts of little stars by the items mean?
also, where is a good place to get an eliminate as inexpensively as possible? A certain coliseum area maybe?
also, where is a good place to get an eliminate as inexpensively as possible? A certain coliseum area maybe?
@Romanesque

The little stars are rarity. They have an indirect relationship with the hoardsell price and where you can find them (such as Rusted Treasure Chests vs. Gilded Chests).

Eliminate drops so infrequently that there isn't really a way to increase your chances of getting one. Pick a zone you like that can drop eliminate (the Mire does not drop Eliminate!), probably one you can get EXP so you can level up some fodder while you grind, and just keep battling.
@Romanesque

The little stars are rarity. They have an indirect relationship with the hoardsell price and where you can find them (such as Rusted Treasure Chests vs. Gilded Chests).

Eliminate drops so infrequently that there isn't really a way to increase your chances of getting one. Pick a zone you like that can drop eliminate (the Mire does not drop Eliminate!), probably one you can get EXP so you can level up some fodder while you grind, and just keep battling.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
@Seacrest Thank you! And other than the slim fellow at the trading post, what do you do with your materials and other/ trinkets? do you sell them once you've earned them from the coliseum?
@Seacrest Thank you! And other than the slim fellow at the trading post, what do you do with your materials and other/ trinkets? do you sell them once you've earned them from the coliseum?
@Romanesque

Swipp & his daughters sometimes offer trades for them. Crim sometimes asks for them. Some are used at Baldwin's. Other than that, collect or hoardsell them as you like. There are several guides in the Guides forum regarding what you should keep for swipp/baldwin.
@Romanesque

Swipp & his daughters sometimes offer trades for them. Crim sometimes asks for them. Some are used at Baldwin's. Other than that, collect or hoardsell them as you like. There are several guides in the Guides forum regarding what you should keep for swipp/baldwin.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
@Romanesque

Eliminate also does not drop from the Crystal Pools. The odds of Eliminate dropping are so small that you are generally better off buying it from people luckier than you. Once you have just one you will be able to use the coli more efficiently (earn treasure faster) and either buy more later for the rest of your team or wait for them as drops. Alternately, you can buy an already statted/stoned L25 for about the same price. There's still a few older, unpopular gene/breed/color dragons from when Eliminate was more plentiful that are for sale.

Also, try adjusting the stats of your team to battle faster and with less fainting. Check out these guides:

Culex: http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=1040710&p=mb 129/133/Mage
Kiena: http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=937136&p=mb 129/117
EeveeDream: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2217190 Sedona No Eliminate

Also, here's a guide to Swipp/Baldwin items:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1091175

The rest mostly end up hoard sold (sold directly from your hoard back to the site) for treasure.

Good luck!

@Romanesque

Eliminate also does not drop from the Crystal Pools. The odds of Eliminate dropping are so small that you are generally better off buying it from people luckier than you. Once you have just one you will be able to use the coli more efficiently (earn treasure faster) and either buy more later for the rest of your team or wait for them as drops. Alternately, you can buy an already statted/stoned L25 for about the same price. There's still a few older, unpopular gene/breed/color dragons from when Eliminate was more plentiful that are for sale.

Also, try adjusting the stats of your team to battle faster and with less fainting. Check out these guides:

Culex: http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=1040710&p=mb 129/133/Mage
Kiena: http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=937136&p=mb 129/117
EeveeDream: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2217190 Sedona No Eliminate

Also, here's a guide to Swipp/Baldwin items:

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1091175

The rest mostly end up hoard sold (sold directly from your hoard back to the site) for treasure.

Good luck!

I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind you are incredibly helpful! Thank you so much! How do I go about buying an older dragon with the stone - is there a way to see what ones have it and which ones are without any decent stones?
In reference to the guides, what builds have you personally found useful for grinding?
@Nightwind you are incredibly helpful! Thank you so much! How do I go about buying an older dragon with the stone - is there a way to see what ones have it and which ones are without any decent stones?
In reference to the guides, what builds have you personally found useful for grinding?
@Romanesque

First, check out the Auction House. You can filter by dragon level and see about what prices are like. If it's anywhere near your budget start posting in Dragons Wanted for a stoned fighter with a screenshot of the stones because FR does not have a way to check the stones on a dragons--likely a part of the pvp aspect of the coli. Generally, any dragon with unused stat points or without one of the more useful build stats will not have the needed stones. If there are cheap L25 dragons (generally the only ones that have player-added stones) in your budget you can message the owner and ask what stones are on the dragon in question.

As for "decent" stones I don't know what you mean by that. Generally, the one you want most is Eliminate for a STR-based fighter since it's the most expensive.

Right now, Ornament and Kotetsu don't have bad stats but they could be better. I would highly suggest using Culex's 129 build--it's a good starter build and is the easiest to level up. If Eliminate is out of your budget then EeveeDream's Sedona is more ideal for you.

Once you have leveled up a team to L23 or so you can decide if you want a more specialized build and you'll be making treasure fast enough to afford a few Tinctures of Dissolution to reset your stats.

What build works best for you depends on where you want to grind. I've used every build in the guides above plus most of the ones listed in this discussion here. Since I've got a few dozen L25s I can use more specialized builds and get slightly better times than the general purpose builds or higher durability.

Right now, my best advice for your first team is a pair of 133 STR builds and any of the double-fodder builds (Mire, Ghostlight Ruins, Harpys Roost). All 3 together can grind anywhere successfully and fairly quickly. The double-fodder build is more expensive with the Rally stone but it generally pays for itself if you exalt trained dragons. If you're not planning to exalt then go for a trio of 133 STR builds since it's cheaper.

One thing that may help is checking your flight's private forums for a L25 rental thread. I know Ice had one and it gives you the opportunity to see if a double-fodder build is right for you and it can help you level up your dragons quicker--borrow a double-fodder and take two of your team to the Mire and it's possible to level them up in a day or two. Just check the necessary elements for the double-fodder builds. Not having the correct element of dragon vastly increases the frustration of dealing with dodges and increases survivability.

Hope this helps!
@Romanesque

First, check out the Auction House. You can filter by dragon level and see about what prices are like. If it's anywhere near your budget start posting in Dragons Wanted for a stoned fighter with a screenshot of the stones because FR does not have a way to check the stones on a dragons--likely a part of the pvp aspect of the coli. Generally, any dragon with unused stat points or without one of the more useful build stats will not have the needed stones. If there are cheap L25 dragons (generally the only ones that have player-added stones) in your budget you can message the owner and ask what stones are on the dragon in question.

As for "decent" stones I don't know what you mean by that. Generally, the one you want most is Eliminate for a STR-based fighter since it's the most expensive.

Right now, Ornament and Kotetsu don't have bad stats but they could be better. I would highly suggest using Culex's 129 build--it's a good starter build and is the easiest to level up. If Eliminate is out of your budget then EeveeDream's Sedona is more ideal for you.

Once you have leveled up a team to L23 or so you can decide if you want a more specialized build and you'll be making treasure fast enough to afford a few Tinctures of Dissolution to reset your stats.

What build works best for you depends on where you want to grind. I've used every build in the guides above plus most of the ones listed in this discussion here. Since I've got a few dozen L25s I can use more specialized builds and get slightly better times than the general purpose builds or higher durability.

Right now, my best advice for your first team is a pair of 133 STR builds and any of the double-fodder builds (Mire, Ghostlight Ruins, Harpys Roost). All 3 together can grind anywhere successfully and fairly quickly. The double-fodder build is more expensive with the Rally stone but it generally pays for itself if you exalt trained dragons. If you're not planning to exalt then go for a trio of 133 STR builds since it's cheaper.

One thing that may help is checking your flight's private forums for a L25 rental thread. I know Ice had one and it gives you the opportunity to see if a double-fodder build is right for you and it can help you level up your dragons quicker--borrow a double-fodder and take two of your team to the Mire and it's possible to level them up in a day or two. Just check the necessary elements for the double-fodder builds. Not having the correct element of dragon vastly increases the frustration of dealing with dodges and increases survivability.

Hope this helps!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Who is pushing for Dom this valentines or does anyone know yet?
Who is pushing for Dom this valentines or does anyone know yet?
ZYsjylg.png
@Dawnn there are no announced pushes yet. dom watch is a really useful thread, and if you add yourself to the pinglist you'll be pinged every week in the new thread
@Dawnn there are no announced pushes yet. dom watch is a really useful thread, and if you add yourself to the pinglist you'll be pinged every week in the new thread
fzww6al.png
1 2 ... 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 ... 3163 3164