Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Non-romance Song Suggestions please?
1 2
[quote name="EclipticTheFox" date="2024-04-23 18:14:47" ] P.S. As a former Lovejoy fan, I hope you are doing okay. They used to be my top artist so it's been...difficult. :( [/quote] We need some kind of financial compensation, huh? /j Anyways, I'm also aroace and lately I've been trying to expand my music taste, I've been listening more to Twenty One Pilots, MISSIO, Grandson, Jhariah, Gorillaz, Stromae, The Family Crest, Fish In A Birdcage and many others lol. Gorillaz and TØP are already pretty popular so maybe you already have an opinion on them but!!! from TØP I still haven't listened to the two latest releases but I love the albums Trench, Blurry face and Vessel, from Gorillaz I love some individual songs (She's My Collar, Andromeda, Sleeping Powder, On Melancholy Hill, DARE, Feel Good Inc.) I'll leave some other recommendations here: [br] [columns] MISSIO [LIST] [*]Aztec Death Whistle [*]The Higher You Climb [*]Losing My Mind [*]Say Something [*]Kamikazee [/LIST] [nextcol] Grandson [LIST] [*]Drones [*]Something To Hide [*]WWIII [*]Die Young [*]Dirty [nextcol] Jhariah [LIST] [*]RISK, RISK, RISK! [*]The View From Halfway Down [*]BAD LUCK! [*]City Of Ashes [*]The Marching Dolls [/LIST] [/columns] ----- [columns] Stromae [LIST] [*]Alors on Dance [*]L'Enfer [*]Santé [*]Fils de Joie [*]Tous le mêmes [/LIST] [nextcol] The Family Crest [LIST] [*]The Valley Below [*]Howl [*]Cold, Cold, Cold [*](Actually I haven't listened to them as much as I thought I did) [/LIST] [nextcol] Fish In A Birdcage [LIST] [*]Rule #18 - Lion [*]Rule #11 - My Dream, My Addiction [*]Rule #7 - Angel Tango [*]Rule #9 - Child of the Stars [*]Rule #34 [/LIST] [/columns] ----- [columns] Shayfer James (love this guy) [LIST] [*]Have a Seat, Misery [*]Blood Moon Love [*]Villainous Thing [*]Battle Cry [*]Your Father's Son [/LIST] [nextcol] Get Scared (I'm so very normal abut their music yes) [LIST] [*]Relax, Relapse [*]Cynical Skin [*]Keep Myself Alive [*]Start To Fall [*]Hell Is Where The Heart Is [/LIST] [nextcol] YOHIO [LIST] [*]defeating a devil a day [*]My Nocturnal Serenade [*]Silent Rebellion [*]The Show Has Just Begun, So Let Them Laugh [*]Oh My... Polkadot Politics [/LIST] [/columns] [br] Ok I think that's enough-
EclipticTheFox wrote on 2024-04-23 18:14:47:
P.S. As a former Lovejoy fan, I hope you are doing okay. They used to be my top artist so it's been...difficult. :(
We need some kind of financial compensation, huh? /j

Anyways, I'm also aroace and lately I've been trying to expand my music taste, I've been listening more to Twenty One Pilots, MISSIO, Grandson, Jhariah, Gorillaz, Stromae, The Family Crest, Fish In A Birdcage and many others lol.

Gorillaz and TØP are already pretty popular so maybe you already have an opinion on them but!!! from TØP I still haven't listened to the two latest releases but I love the albums Trench, Blurry face and Vessel, from Gorillaz I love some individual songs (She's My Collar, Andromeda, Sleeping Powder, On Melancholy Hill, DARE, Feel Good Inc.)

I'll leave some other recommendations here:

MISSIO
  • Aztec Death Whistle
  • The Higher You Climb
  • Losing My Mind
  • Say Something
  • Kamikazee
Grandson
  • Drones
  • Something To Hide
  • WWIII
  • Die Young
  • Dirty
Jhariah
  • RISK, RISK, RISK!
  • The View From Halfway Down
  • BAD LUCK!
  • City Of Ashes
  • The Marching Dolls

Stromae
  • Alors on Dance
  • L'Enfer
  • Santé
  • Fils de Joie
  • Tous le mêmes
The Family Crest
  • The Valley Below
  • Howl
  • Cold, Cold, Cold
  • (Actually I haven't listened to
    them as much as I thought I did)
Fish In A Birdcage
  • Rule #18 - Lion
  • Rule #11 - My Dream, My Addiction
  • Rule #7 - Angel Tango
  • Rule #9 - Child of the Stars
  • Rule #34

Shayfer James (love this guy)
  • Have a Seat, Misery
  • Blood Moon Love
  • Villainous Thing
  • Battle Cry
  • Your Father's Son
Get Scared (I'm so very normal abut their music yes)
  • Relax, Relapse
  • Cynical Skin
  • Keep Myself Alive
  • Start To Fall
  • Hell Is Where The Heart Is
YOHIO
  • defeating a devil a day
  • My Nocturnal Serenade
  • Silent Rebellion
  • The Show Has Just Begun, So Let Them Laugh
  • Oh My... Polkadot Politics

Ok I think that's enough-
4ztBK1h.png
P2OauAq.png
lwvRdFe.png
EEUHXHn.png
hh5n4WA.png
lohf4Mo.png APe9ksa.png E27J5Sp.png cNJO9da.png
xbsbPqT.png
YMPbu9R.png
this is still a wip ok
*quietly subscribes to thread bc I'm always looking for ace-friendly music*

Seeing a lot of bands I like here, and a few I need to check out now <3 I used to listen to Owl City all the time, he's made so many nice non-romantic songs; it can get old eventually and not every song is top tier but if it's new to you might be good to look into. Coldplay and TheFatRat come to mind too. Definitely seconding Skillet, love them, and Shinedown!!
*quietly subscribes to thread bc I'm always looking for ace-friendly music*

Seeing a lot of bands I like here, and a few I need to check out now <3 I used to listen to Owl City all the time, he's made so many nice non-romantic songs; it can get old eventually and not every song is top tier but if it's new to you might be good to look into. Coldplay and TheFatRat come to mind too. Definitely seconding Skillet, love them, and Shinedown!!
__________________My Random Progen, Faendal Avatar Dragon
Dragonsona
Hatchery
Autumncore
I enjoy being pinged :) I also like Stars on my dragons!
My Custom Progen, Iselene
Do you love whacky bands? I sure do love whacky bands!!!

If you like British alt art rock, Everything Everything is right up your alley!! Nothing in their discography is inherently romantic (except the songs I Want A Love Like This and White Whale. Sorry if i forgot they have a bunch of songs but I don't listen to all of them a lot.) . It is just silly!!

- Do you like a song with main singer coughing as an entrance? Try Cough Cough on their album ARC.

- Maybe you are more into Robotically, shark songs? Try Shark Week!!

I love this band so much, they deserve so much love!!

Do you love whacky bands? I sure do love whacky bands!!!

If you like British alt art rock, Everything Everything is right up your alley!! Nothing in their discography is inherently romantic (except the songs I Want A Love Like This and White Whale. Sorry if i forgot they have a bunch of songs but I don't listen to all of them a lot.) . It is just silly!!

- Do you like a song with main singer coughing as an entrance? Try Cough Cough on their album ARC.

- Maybe you are more into Robotically, shark songs? Try Shark Week!!

I love this band so much, they deserve so much love!!

BJmjb0y.pngT45QsK.png T4G0l9.png
So I'm not generally great at dividing things by genre, especially when you get into the sub-genres. And my tastes bounce around so I'm not usually glued to one thing in particular, and rarely stick to bands!

But for an individual artist that I don't think's done any love songs, I gotta recommend my boy Ren. Money Game parts 1, 2, and 3 are awesome, Sick Boi and Hi Ren are some of his most popular, and I really like Animal Flow and Illest of Our Time. Su*cide is also a really good song, but god damn does it make me cry every time I hear it (as you can tell by the name, approach this song with caution if that subject is a sensitive one for you. The ending segment is super raw and hits hard, but it's beautiful in its own way). The Tale of Jenny and Screech is a really interesting series of songs that tells a tragic story (I won't spoil it, so that's all you get lol), all beautifully done acousitc songs. There's Jenny's Tale, Screech's Tale, and Violet's Tale (best listened to in that order).

I love the nerdcore scene, so many different kinds of songs to find! Some artists I enjoy from this, uh... 'genre' (I think it's a genre... I know nothing lol) would be Fabvl, Divide Music, and Miracle of Sound. Of course some of their works will be romance-oriented - it depends on the topic of the song, being nerdy stuff. But there's also plenty of songs that don't touch romance because of that! If there's any media you're into, like anime especially, you'll find a slew of content.

Annnnd.... I think that's all? For broad-spectrum coverage, anyway. For individual songs I've been listening to on repeat lately that aren't themed around romance, there's Down with the Wolves from The Score and 2WEI, Enemy from Imagine Dragons (and if you don't like Imagine Dragons, there's boat loads of covers for this song scattered around youtube lol I like Jonathan Young's cover, personally!), What Could Have Been from Sting, Misfit Toys from Pusha T and Mako (if you're familiar with the animated show Arcane, then you might see a pattern starting to form here... I might as well just recommend the entire Arcane soundtrack at this point lol), God's Whisper from Raury, Everything Moves from Bronze Radio Return, and to wrap this up I'll end with Gutter from venbee (specifically the Ren remix, because I can't avoid him lol).

I'm not aroace so apologies if I missed any romantic themes that my brain just skips over ^^'
So I'm not generally great at dividing things by genre, especially when you get into the sub-genres. And my tastes bounce around so I'm not usually glued to one thing in particular, and rarely stick to bands!

But for an individual artist that I don't think's done any love songs, I gotta recommend my boy Ren. Money Game parts 1, 2, and 3 are awesome, Sick Boi and Hi Ren are some of his most popular, and I really like Animal Flow and Illest of Our Time. Su*cide is also a really good song, but god damn does it make me cry every time I hear it (as you can tell by the name, approach this song with caution if that subject is a sensitive one for you. The ending segment is super raw and hits hard, but it's beautiful in its own way). The Tale of Jenny and Screech is a really interesting series of songs that tells a tragic story (I won't spoil it, so that's all you get lol), all beautifully done acousitc songs. There's Jenny's Tale, Screech's Tale, and Violet's Tale (best listened to in that order).

I love the nerdcore scene, so many different kinds of songs to find! Some artists I enjoy from this, uh... 'genre' (I think it's a genre... I know nothing lol) would be Fabvl, Divide Music, and Miracle of Sound. Of course some of their works will be romance-oriented - it depends on the topic of the song, being nerdy stuff. But there's also plenty of songs that don't touch romance because of that! If there's any media you're into, like anime especially, you'll find a slew of content.

Annnnd.... I think that's all? For broad-spectrum coverage, anyway. For individual songs I've been listening to on repeat lately that aren't themed around romance, there's Down with the Wolves from The Score and 2WEI, Enemy from Imagine Dragons (and if you don't like Imagine Dragons, there's boat loads of covers for this song scattered around youtube lol I like Jonathan Young's cover, personally!), What Could Have Been from Sting, Misfit Toys from Pusha T and Mako (if you're familiar with the animated show Arcane, then you might see a pattern starting to form here... I might as well just recommend the entire Arcane soundtrack at this point lol), God's Whisper from Raury, Everything Moves from Bronze Radio Return, and to wrap this up I'll end with Gutter from venbee (specifically the Ren remix, because I can't avoid him lol).

I'm not aroace so apologies if I missed any romantic themes that my brain just skips over ^^'
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
Vaguely by genre, a few selections from my "too many songs about romance, not enough songs about swordfighting" collection:
Alternative:
Cure For Me by Aurora
Call Them Brothers by Regina Spektor
Free by Florence + the Machine
Girls Against God by Florence + the Machine
Nina Cried Power (ft. Mavis Staples) by Hozier
The Killer was a Coward by Dermot Kennedy
Rabbit Will Run by Iron & Wine

Hip-Hop/Rap:
El Melouk by Ahmed Saad
Final Boss by Doomtree
Scared of the Dark by DJ Khalil

Instrumental:
[Most instrumental pieces go here, I think...]

Oldies:
Heroes by David Bowie
Pop(?):
blood//water by Grandson
Velodrome by Dessa

Pop rock:
Champion by Fall Out Boy
Hall of Fame by The Script
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid by The Offspring

Reggae:
Will You Help Me Repair My Door by Afroman

Soft Rock:
Be Somebody by Thousand Foot Crutch
Run Through Walls by The Script
Vaguely by genre, a few selections from my "too many songs about romance, not enough songs about swordfighting" collection:
Alternative:
Cure For Me by Aurora
Call Them Brothers by Regina Spektor
Free by Florence + the Machine
Girls Against God by Florence + the Machine
Nina Cried Power (ft. Mavis Staples) by Hozier
The Killer was a Coward by Dermot Kennedy
Rabbit Will Run by Iron & Wine

Hip-Hop/Rap:
El Melouk by Ahmed Saad
Final Boss by Doomtree
Scared of the Dark by DJ Khalil

Instrumental:
[Most instrumental pieces go here, I think...]

Oldies:
Heroes by David Bowie
Pop(?):
blood//water by Grandson
Velodrome by Dessa

Pop rock:
Champion by Fall Out Boy
Hall of Fame by The Script
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid by The Offspring

Reggae:
Will You Help Me Repair My Door by Afroman

Soft Rock:
Be Somebody by Thousand Foot Crutch
Run Through Walls by The Script
3HIlJEu.gif
disabled,
declining condition;
frequent hiatus.
gCl8CWV.png
If you like Green Day and indie rock, I would highly recommend Moon Walker!
If you like Green Day and indie rock, I would highly recommend Moon Walker!
VGxuHXT.png
1 2