Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Video Games To Play While Sick?
1 2 3
As in really sick, brain foggy.
Can't breathe. Coughing.
Just can't sleep all day because everything gets 10x worse laying down.
But I'm in no condition to play Dark Souls per say.
I need something easy to play.

Any recommendations?
I was thinking Bear and Breakfast, but I don't know. I don't want a game that also takes any significant time investment as my attention span is not great right now and I do doze off a bit at random.
Another thought was the Stanley Parable, but I have never been 100% sold on trying that.

I'm big into fantasy and platformers...
I'm into a lot actually but don't think any of it matches chilled gaming while sick honestly.
As in really sick, brain foggy.
Can't breathe. Coughing.
Just can't sleep all day because everything gets 10x worse laying down.
But I'm in no condition to play Dark Souls per say.
I need something easy to play.

Any recommendations?
I was thinking Bear and Breakfast, but I don't know. I don't want a game that also takes any significant time investment as my attention span is not great right now and I do doze off a bit at random.
Another thought was the Stanley Parable, but I have never been 100% sold on trying that.

I'm big into fantasy and platformers...
I'm into a lot actually but don't think any of it matches chilled gaming while sick honestly.
57351288p.png 80437372p.png LEpJMnn.png
kHBaXec.png
cdqdRxL.png
bX96R21.png
ll0CfnD.png
_____ 2VtxnMX.png
QUIpVFE.png
Pgv53XB.png
fRmh0SH.png
oczO35g.png
77147164p.png 48694802p.png
i guess i would suggest stardew valley? mods make it easy.

or you could try uh, minecraft? "octodad dadliest catch", call of the karen (silly eldritch god game, short and sweet)
i guess i would suggest stardew valley? mods make it easy.

or you could try uh, minecraft? "octodad dadliest catch", call of the karen (silly eldritch god game, short and sweet)
dirt cheap art commisions here! | pangender, all pronouns wishlist | lesbian :]
Honestly when I’m that sick I tend to just watch people’s playthroughs on youtube rather than doing it myself lol
Honestly when I’m that sick I tend to just watch people’s playthroughs on youtube rather than doing it myself lol
CDZsGNI.pngyEMmEQl.png
Palia is fun, imo.
You can farm, cook, fish, mine, lumberjack, catch fish and interact with the local villagers. Singularity 6 keeps adding stuff, but it's in beta right now.
Though it's on steam, I recommend downloading it from their website for now if you wanna try it. It's free to play (with optional cosmetics in the real money store). Plenty to do so far.
Palia is fun, imo.
You can farm, cook, fish, mine, lumberjack, catch fish and interact with the local villagers. Singularity 6 keeps adding stuff, but it's in beta right now.
Though it's on steam, I recommend downloading it from their website for now if you wanna try it. It's free to play (with optional cosmetics in the real money store). Plenty to do so far.
Khadgar: "Impetuous imposters imperil important improvements."
King Julien: "I like to move it, move it!"
Thunder! Thunder! THUNDERCATS! HOOO!!
Clan Lore (Clan profile page.) Tree-Bound Subspecies forum thread
WorldBox is fun!

You can be involved or let your civilizations progress independently.
WorldBox is fun!

You can be involved or let your civilizations progress independently.
T64YRDv.png
@CloudyTheGoober Oh man... I haven't revisited my Stardew Valley farm in FOREVER. I don't even remember what I had... I know I got to ginger island. And I know I was maxing out everyone before choosing a partner. But that's about it. And I remember being annoyed I missed something with one of the characters because their dad came back...
I can't remember what my farm looks like. Well... other than knowing it wasn't pretty like the creative things you see online. XD

@MiniatureGecko I have definitely been doing that. But I've gotten bored and I'm sick of sending a report every few videos on YT because it thinks I'm using an adblock when I'm not.

@Tunadan Man I was so curious of Palia actually! But it seems to be online only...? That turned me away, I remember my disappointment. It's that good though?

@Styracosaur Oooh. That looks interesting. (I say when I see the giant crab. XD)
@CloudyTheGoober Oh man... I haven't revisited my Stardew Valley farm in FOREVER. I don't even remember what I had... I know I got to ginger island. And I know I was maxing out everyone before choosing a partner. But that's about it. And I remember being annoyed I missed something with one of the characters because their dad came back...
I can't remember what my farm looks like. Well... other than knowing it wasn't pretty like the creative things you see online. XD

@MiniatureGecko I have definitely been doing that. But I've gotten bored and I'm sick of sending a report every few videos on YT because it thinks I'm using an adblock when I'm not.

@Tunadan Man I was so curious of Palia actually! But it seems to be online only...? That turned me away, I remember my disappointment. It's that good though?

@Styracosaur Oooh. That looks interesting. (I say when I see the giant crab. XD)
kHBaXec.png
cdqdRxL.png
bX96R21.png
ll0CfnD.png
_____ 2VtxnMX.png
QUIpVFE.png
Pgv53XB.png
fRmh0SH.png
oczO35g.png
I was also gonna come in and recommend Stardew Valley.

Beyond that though, perhaps Slime Rancher? Always a good chill out game imo.

A little different, but I've also heard The Vale is good. It's a fully blind-accessible fantasy RPG -- all gameplay happens via sound. So if you're REALLY feeling it, you can literally just close your eyes and play the game. In fact you might as well because there's nothing on screen lol
I was also gonna come in and recommend Stardew Valley.

Beyond that though, perhaps Slime Rancher? Always a good chill out game imo.

A little different, but I've also heard The Vale is good. It's a fully blind-accessible fantasy RPG -- all gameplay happens via sound. So if you're REALLY feeling it, you can literally just close your eyes and play the game. In fact you might as well because there's nothing on screen lol
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
@DeathbyPixelz Haha. I mean I could try to get back into it, but I do find it time investment heavy.

I guess I could replay Slime Rancher, that is a good one I forgot about. Oooh wait. Isn't there a sequel now?

As for Vale, is it on Steam? I'm not seeing it.
@DeathbyPixelz Haha. I mean I could try to get back into it, but I do find it time investment heavy.

I guess I could replay Slime Rancher, that is a good one I forgot about. Oooh wait. Isn't there a sequel now?

As for Vale, is it on Steam? I'm not seeing it.
kHBaXec.png
cdqdRxL.png
bX96R21.png
ll0CfnD.png
_____ 2VtxnMX.png
QUIpVFE.png
Pgv53XB.png
fRmh0SH.png
oczO35g.png
Sorry, the full title is The Vale: Shadow of the Crown. This should take you to its Steam page. Be sure you've got your best set of headphones, because like I said the game world is communicated entirely through sound.

And yes, there actually is a Slime Rancher sequel now, though I admit I also forgot about that JHSDGNFC I haven't played it in a while, admittedly.
Sorry, the full title is The Vale: Shadow of the Crown. This should take you to its Steam page. Be sure you've got your best set of headphones, because like I said the game world is communicated entirely through sound.

And yes, there actually is a Slime Rancher sequel now, though I admit I also forgot about that JHSDGNFC I haven't played it in a while, admittedly.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
I play Powerwash Simulator, Spyro 1-3, Portal 1&2(not suggested if you're nauseous), ACNH, and the Sims a lot when I am sick...and if I have the energy I'll replay a Kingdom Hearts game!

A lot of the games I play are ones I replay so many times that I can turn my brain off to just wander through them, and that makes it a lot easier to autopilot them when I am sick too lol

That said I hope you feel better soon!!
I play Powerwash Simulator, Spyro 1-3, Portal 1&2(not suggested if you're nauseous), ACNH, and the Sims a lot when I am sick...and if I have the energy I'll replay a Kingdom Hearts game!

A lot of the games I play are ones I replay so many times that I can turn my brain off to just wander through them, and that makes it a lot easier to autopilot them when I am sick too lol

That said I hope you feel better soon!!
FObX7rS.png
mlHpBMC.png
MUYNhfy.png
X5HxiG2.png
9mjyPzr.png
I'm buying Midnight/Silver G1s!
c0AqrsL.png
nNNlBBj.png
kncGB4g.gif
KV5d5h7.png
J0opiUV.png LDkMPPP.png