Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What's your favorite recipe?
I love cooking and trying new recipes; food is one of my favorite ways to connect with people and experience cultures. What's your favorite recipe or cooking memory?
I love cooking and trying new recipes; food is one of my favorite ways to connect with people and experience cultures. What's your favorite recipe or cooking memory?
Check out my affordable hatchery!
All your favorite colors at

Saturation Station
cheese in microwave 2 minutes yum yum (Ok real talk, here's an actual recipe for soup I make sometimes) [quote name="Fishlung Soup"] 10(?) Cremini Mushrooms 1 Onion Cooking oil Garlic 4 cups Stock or Broth Salt Seasonings ----- Chop the mushrooms and the onion. They don't have to be sliced super fine if you're going to be blending this, but the smaller the better. Heat up a bit of oil in a pot and add the chopped mushrooms. Let them brown a bit before adding the chopped onion to soften. If you want, you can add a pinch of baking soda to help them break down a bit faster but this is totally optional. Don't add too much. Add garlic. Cook until fragrant and add stock or broth. I use Vegetable stock. Add the salt and any other seasonings you might want in now and let it simmer for a few minutes. If you want, you can serve the soup as-is, but I like to blend it with an immersion blender. This step is optional. [/quote]
cheese in microwave 2 minutes yum yum

(Ok real talk, here's an actual recipe for soup I make sometimes)
Fishlung Soup wrote:
10(?) Cremini Mushrooms
1 Onion
Cooking oil
Garlic
4 cups Stock or Broth
Salt
Seasonings
Chop the mushrooms and the onion. They don't have to be sliced super fine if you're going to be blending this, but the smaller the better.

Heat up a bit of oil in a pot and add the chopped mushrooms. Let them brown a bit before adding the chopped onion to soften. If you want, you can add a pinch of baking soda to help them break down a bit faster but this is totally optional. Don't add too much.

Add garlic. Cook until fragrant and add stock or broth. I use Vegetable stock. Add the salt and any other seasonings you might want in now and let it simmer for a few minutes.

If you want, you can serve the soup as-is, but I like to blend it with an immersion blender. This step is optional.
3cfd76cef7c18c67807bba6438d0d1c0eea46682.png Stilll don't know what to put here...

Skin Shop

Wishlist!
Click on my children
[
Oh, I really like to make jian bing, fried garlic eggplant on rice, dutch apple pie, pan-fried brussel sprouts/ chickpeas(any recipe works, I mostly use sunflower oil, chili, garlic, paprika, cumin, mustard seeds, tumeric, pepper, coriander and salt for the chickpeas and soy sauce, chili, garlic, pepper, salt, onion and five spice for the sprouts. You can also add egg and cheese...), shakshuka and rice... Would recommend trying to make basic Chinese noodles if your budget is tight: you only need water, flour and salt for the noodles, haha!
Oh, I really like to make jian bing, fried garlic eggplant on rice, dutch apple pie, pan-fried brussel sprouts/ chickpeas(any recipe works, I mostly use sunflower oil, chili, garlic, paprika, cumin, mustard seeds, tumeric, pepper, coriander and salt for the chickpeas and soy sauce, chili, garlic, pepper, salt, onion and five spice for the sprouts. You can also add egg and cheese...), shakshuka and rice... Would recommend trying to make basic Chinese noodles if your budget is tight: you only need water, flour and salt for the noodles, haha!
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
One of my family's favorites is Impossible Pie, which is a sweet coconut breakfast or dessert, depending on your mood.

There's a bunch of recipes online, but here's mine:

Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 cups of milk
6 tablespoons butter; cubed
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup AP flour

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F (176C)
2. In a blender, add eggs and milk, then blend until uniform
3. Stir in flour, sugar, vanilla, and butter, then blend until smooth
4. Add the coconut to the blender, pulse a couple times (avoid fully blending in the coconut, you just want it roughly chopped and mixed in)
5. Pour into a greased baking dish - a 9x13 makes thinner slices, 8x8 makes thicker ones
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes, you can check if it's done by poking a knife or toothpick in the middle, it should come back completely clean
6. Cool completely before cutting (otherwise it gets very stuck to the knife and kinda falls apart)

It's one of my favorite breakfasts to make for any celebratory occasions! It stores in the fridge and is excellent both hot and cold.

(Also, if you use unsweetened coconut instead of sweetened, you might prefer a full cup of sugar instead of only half)
One of my family's favorites is Impossible Pie, which is a sweet coconut breakfast or dessert, depending on your mood.

There's a bunch of recipes online, but here's mine:

Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 cups of milk
6 tablespoons butter; cubed
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup AP flour

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F (176C)
2. In a blender, add eggs and milk, then blend until uniform
3. Stir in flour, sugar, vanilla, and butter, then blend until smooth
4. Add the coconut to the blender, pulse a couple times (avoid fully blending in the coconut, you just want it roughly chopped and mixed in)
5. Pour into a greased baking dish - a 9x13 makes thinner slices, 8x8 makes thicker ones
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes, you can check if it's done by poking a knife or toothpick in the middle, it should come back completely clean
6. Cool completely before cutting (otherwise it gets very stuck to the knife and kinda falls apart)

It's one of my favorite breakfasts to make for any celebratory occasions! It stores in the fridge and is excellent both hot and cold.

(Also, if you use unsweetened coconut instead of sweetened, you might prefer a full cup of sugar instead of only half)

KwxLkEj.png
tyEuRXe.png
lAvpyOQ.png
J7D1quC.png

gfCdYdH.gif

7GFlGJN.png

qKZAaLK.png

z3ouQq5.gif
I already posted on some FR forum about how I make breaded tofu cutlets. It's a go-to for me as it's super tasty.

One block of firm tofu. You wanna press it for like 30 minutes to get the moisture out or else the breading won't stick.
Cut into 1cm wide slices, season each side of each slice with salt and garlic powder, just a pinch.
For breading you need corn starch, egg and bread crumbs. I prefer regular bread crumbs but some people like panko better.
Dip each slice of tofu in corn starch, egg and crumbs in that order. Make sure the tofu is fully coated each time.
Fry using a neutral oil like olive oil. Medium heat, about five minutes per side. You're just getting that breading crispy. Make sure the oil is hot before you put the tofu in the pan or it'll take too long.
Serve with whatever sides you like. I usually eat it with rice and some type of green vegetable, my favourite is sauteed kale.

The cutlets you don't eat right away go in the fridge for like a few days. You can reheat them in a toaster oven or just eat 'em, though they unfortunately won't be crispy.
I already posted on some FR forum about how I make breaded tofu cutlets. It's a go-to for me as it's super tasty.

One block of firm tofu. You wanna press it for like 30 minutes to get the moisture out or else the breading won't stick.
Cut into 1cm wide slices, season each side of each slice with salt and garlic powder, just a pinch.
For breading you need corn starch, egg and bread crumbs. I prefer regular bread crumbs but some people like panko better.
Dip each slice of tofu in corn starch, egg and crumbs in that order. Make sure the tofu is fully coated each time.
Fry using a neutral oil like olive oil. Medium heat, about five minutes per side. You're just getting that breading crispy. Make sure the oil is hot before you put the tofu in the pan or it'll take too long.
Serve with whatever sides you like. I usually eat it with rice and some type of green vegetable, my favourite is sauteed kale.

The cutlets you don't eat right away go in the fridge for like a few days. You can reheat them in a toaster oven or just eat 'em, though they unfortunately won't be crispy.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png