Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What Math Do You Use?
1 2
Learning how to parse story problems into the correct math equations.

Basically it means sorting the fancy words in contracts (base pay, overtime, paid time, deductibles, insurance, credit card interest and fees, bank fees, etc.) to figure out what the math is to find out what things pay you, what things cost you and how that works over time. Or writing your own story problems to figure out what the best deal is for you since you can add in all the relevant factors.

Sort of English for applied Math.

For an example of this check out Baldwin Math and compare it to non-math.
Learning how to parse story problems into the correct math equations.

Basically it means sorting the fancy words in contracts (base pay, overtime, paid time, deductibles, insurance, credit card interest and fees, bank fees, etc.) to figure out what the math is to find out what things pay you, what things cost you and how that works over time. Or writing your own story problems to figure out what the best deal is for you since you can add in all the relevant factors.

Sort of English for applied Math.

For an example of this check out Baldwin Math and compare it to non-math.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Haha, I like to joke that I have a minor in math from getting my AS in science, and I have yet to use any of it in real life.

But for real, at least up to Algebra is good to have.
Haha, I like to joke that I have a minor in math from getting my AS in science, and I have yet to use any of it in real life.

But for real, at least up to Algebra is good to have.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
ew math
ew math
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
help me find my dream dragons ---> here
1 2