Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | discord image hosting PSA
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
not entirely sure if this is applicable to the FR discussion forum, if not then mods please move it where it needs to go BUT if you're like me and use discord to image host sometimes, apparently by the end of the year the image links are going to be dead [center][url=https://this.alicorn.gay/post/729670550209937408/discord-as-a-filehost-will-no-longer-be-possible] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/981490e642e8ab9c460cd8a1031c777f/97c97a95c40d6167-9d/s1280x1920/8c7221b1182bb6b26854ec0fbe5f1f33ef0d67ff.png[/img][/url][/center] click the image to go to the blog talking about it, yes i am aware the url is this.alicorn.gay but it's an informative post (it's tumblr tho) so any of yall that make/have adopts/art shop art/bio+hatchery assets/etc that you are hosting through discord, you gotta find somewhere new to put that stuff asap note this also effects linking offsite to sites like toyhouse and AO3!!! i know i can't be the only one and i hadn't seen anyone else saying anything so!!! (i started putting my adopts on tumblr so i'm safe there but all my dragon bio assets come from discord so i gotta move them to another site to reapply them TToTT) [rule] edit: i am adding some info/alternative hosting sites for people to look at! [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-10-04 06:13:56" ] THIS reply to the post i linked has a bunch of options for image hosting if you don't wanna deal with tumblr LOL (its linking back to my blog, sorry in advance) (edited to have direct names) [LIST] [*]catbox.moe [*]file.garden [*]MediaFire [*]Google drive [*]Dropbox [/LIST][/quote] [b]↓[/b] edited to remove a bit of unintentional misinfo [quote name="Rytlocks" date="2023-10-04 15:30:27" ] [size=5]Here's a list of good alternatives to use, however:[/size] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/5925b83b8b2262f98e18bf292976b24c/44cb881052e2d5f2-90/s1280x1920/ad3afa1cc9d9adf7a192347715314feea6340c96.png[/img] [/quote]
not entirely sure if this is applicable to the FR discussion forum, if not then mods please move it where it needs to go BUT

if you're like me and use discord to image host sometimes, apparently by the end of the year the image links are going to be dead

click the image to go to the blog talking about it, yes i am aware the url is this.alicorn.gay but it's an informative post (it's tumblr tho)

so any of yall that make/have adopts/art shop art/bio+hatchery assets/etc that you are hosting through discord, you gotta find somewhere new to put that stuff asap

note this also effects linking offsite to sites like toyhouse and AO3!!!

i know i can't be the only one and i hadn't seen anyone else saying anything so!!! (i started putting my adopts on tumblr so i'm safe there but all my dragon bio assets come from discord so i gotta move them to another site to reapply them TToTT)

edit: i am adding some info/alternative hosting sites for people to look at!
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-10-04 06:13:56:
THIS reply to the post i linked has a bunch of options for image hosting if you don't wanna deal with tumblr LOL (its linking back to my blog, sorry in advance)

(edited to have direct names)
  • catbox.moe
  • file.garden
  • MediaFire
  • Google drive
  • Dropbox

edited to remove a bit of unintentional misinfo
Rytlocks wrote on 2023-10-04 15:30:27:
Here's a list of good alternatives to use, however:

ad3afa1cc9d9adf7a192347715314feea6340c96.png
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
I believe someone already made a post about it here!

Super stressful that it's come to this though, I have far too many images to move </3
I believe someone already made a post about it here!

Super stressful that it's come to this though, I have far too many images to move </3
A blue lantern with yellow glass swings left to right as rainbow dust swirls around it. Clicking this will bring you to the creator's profile. ___ « Ash (21)
« Clan Lore
« F2U Pixels
« Art Shop
« FAQ/Wishlist
_____
pmCmV6u.pngWjoRtbD.pngDWI9puz.pnge2wlrBb.pnggtSdXdC.pngQoMzhWb.png5rXrC4x.pngnxZGTXG.png8UYUyIT.png
There was originally a post here but it got moved for some reason, so a lot of people haven't seen it. But it is important to FR and that users learn about it so they can start hosting things elsewhere, because all their images will break. (Including my new sig I've just been too lazy to add it to imgur yet XD)
There was originally a post here but it got moved for some reason, so a lot of people haven't seen it. But it is important to FR and that users learn about it so they can start hosting things elsewhere, because all their images will break. (Including my new sig I've just been too lazy to add it to imgur yet XD)
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
@Twiggle welp it being moved i guess is why i didn't see it XD - hopefully this one stays here so people will actually see it. personally i feel like this counts as an FR discussion and not a general discussion but it's not my call to make UoU"

@vihuff yeah same TToTT (all my fandragon bios are gonna be ruined soon and i haven't bothered to take care of it yet) guess i'll just make an imgur account instead of trying to host everything on tumblr too
@Twiggle welp it being moved i guess is why i didn't see it XD - hopefully this one stays here so people will actually see it. personally i feel like this counts as an FR discussion and not a general discussion but it's not my call to make UoU"

@vihuff yeah same TToTT (all my fandragon bios are gonna be ruined soon and i haven't bothered to take care of it yet) guess i'll just make an imgur account instead of trying to host everything on tumblr too
41328.png -
Candy Coated Dragons
Gonna echo a bit of what I said in the other thread.

Since I've started, I've used discord to host images, since it was quite convenient, for a person who usually has at least one tab of discord open at once.

That said, I'm not sure where to go to? I'd like somewhere safe, private and efficient. The move of the original thread has definitely dampened getting help, to the point where I've had to ask for help from people who don't exactly know what's going on.

Thankfully, I haven't got many images to move I think... but like I gotta sort out two sites (this one and ArtFight) to fix up the damage caused by discord's hosting changes..
Gonna echo a bit of what I said in the other thread.

Since I've started, I've used discord to host images, since it was quite convenient, for a person who usually has at least one tab of discord open at once.

That said, I'm not sure where to go to? I'd like somewhere safe, private and efficient. The move of the original thread has definitely dampened getting help, to the point where I've had to ask for help from people who don't exactly know what's going on.

Thankfully, I haven't got many images to move I think... but like I gotta sort out two sites (this one and ArtFight) to fix up the damage caused by discord's hosting changes..
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
@2Blue2BTrue if it helps, tumblr's draft system is private and you can do image hosting through that! u just have to change the file ender from a pnj to a png - that's what i've been doing to host my adopts, not the most efficient thing but technically i can post them on my artblog so shrugging.emoji

i'm not sure if private posting on tumblr allows offsite image hosting but it'd be worth a try

THIS reply to the post i linked has a bunch of options for image hosting if you don't wanna deal with tumblr LOL (its linking back to my blog, sorry in advance)
@2Blue2BTrue if it helps, tumblr's draft system is private and you can do image hosting through that! u just have to change the file ender from a pnj to a png - that's what i've been doing to host my adopts, not the most efficient thing but technically i can post them on my artblog so shrugging.emoji

i'm not sure if private posting on tumblr allows offsite image hosting but it'd be worth a try

41328.png -
Candy Coated Dragons
@/hungryhobbits

Looked at the reply to the tumblr thread, I think I'll stick to google drive from here on out, For convenience's sake.

I think I was considering using Tumblr as social media for my project Sheltered Chronicles at some point? Idk I think it might've been a false memory. but if it's bad I won't bother.

Anyways, thanks for the pointer!

EDIT: It's not working... AND IT DOESN'T WANT TO WORK
@/hungryhobbits

Looked at the reply to the tumblr thread, I think I'll stick to google drive from here on out, For convenience's sake.

I think I was considering using Tumblr as social media for my project Sheltered Chronicles at some point? Idk I think it might've been a false memory. but if it's bad I won't bother.

Anyways, thanks for the pointer!

EDIT: It's not working... AND IT DOESN'T WANT TO WORK
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
Ugghhhhh I had no idea, thanks for the psa I'd been using Discord for everything in my bios because it was so convenient :(

Edit: Been looking at image hosts, since a lot of people have problems with Imgur, imgbox looks like it might be a good alternative in those cases!
Ugghhhhh I had no idea, thanks for the psa I'd been using Discord for everything in my bios because it was so convenient :(

Edit: Been looking at image hosts, since a lot of people have problems with Imgur, imgbox looks like it might be a good alternative in those cases!
__________________69065274.png FObX7rS.png
z3FSuck.png
rix3ppo.png
co3WWXY.png
lAvpyOQ.png
69065273.png
That's unfortunate. I saved what I could, now I guess I'll just see what breaks
That's unfortunate. I saved what I could, now I guess I'll just see what breaks
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png
Imgur is the best place to host images. It requires an account but it's 100% free and allows private image hosting within albums, easy sorting, captioning, etc.

I have been using it since 2015 and it has never failed me.
Imgur is the best place to host images. It requires an account but it's 100% free and allows private image hosting within albums, easy sorting, captioning, etc.

I have been using it since 2015 and it has never failed me.
VfJfrBs.jpeg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8