Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | anyone know a different language ?
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18
Dutch is my first language. Though I consider myself to be a decent English speaker, I'm still learning, of course.
Aside from that, I know tidbits of Spanish, German, and Italian, though I'm not at all fluent.
Dutch is my first language. Though I consider myself to be a decent English speaker, I'm still learning, of course.
Aside from that, I know tidbits of Spanish, German, and Italian, though I'm not at all fluent.
fhL4EEQ.png
jgeciGJ.png
G976jQG.png
bIcdn3S.png
l3R7Ulc.png
Dutch is my second language. I'm kind of tutored by my husband (it's his first language) and I have almost a 700 day duolingo streak. I'm still not confident with speaking it at all though. I've only been brave enough to talk to cashiers in Dutch, which is pretty much just yes/no/thank you. My goal is to get fluent enough that I'm comfortable with speaking it conversationally at least. My MIL and FIL both speak like 5-6 languages so I feel kind of embarrassed to be struggling with learning one more lol.
Dutch is my second language. I'm kind of tutored by my husband (it's his first language) and I have almost a 700 day duolingo streak. I'm still not confident with speaking it at all though. I've only been brave enough to talk to cashiers in Dutch, which is pretty much just yes/no/thank you. My goal is to get fluent enough that I'm comfortable with speaking it conversationally at least. My MIL and FIL both speak like 5-6 languages so I feel kind of embarrassed to be struggling with learning one more lol.
ytkEBod.pngll0CfnD.png510b8a63d40dc52d20b17daf90107ad8a80d4b80.png
Oh man, I freaking love languages! I’m fluent in English, can speak and understand German, and can read Italian, Latin, and French. My French is super rusty though. I can also understand Spanish, though I don’t speak it very well.
Oh man, I freaking love languages! I’m fluent in English, can speak and understand German, and can read Italian, Latin, and French. My French is super rusty though. I can also understand Spanish, though I don’t speak it very well.
fc4zvun.png
tqGkHih.png
vK3lNF1.png
ZhnO9yr.png
My first language is Russian and I'm pretty good in English (at this moment I'm too scared to say that I'm fluent in it, mainly because my minor mistakes and forgetting words/grammar rules from time to time hurts too much), but I try to keep improving :D

Always wanted to try to learn Latin (to summon demons on my enemies of course /j), mainly because I've been obsessed with Latin songs for a long time and just want to understand and translate them by myself. I don't believe in power of Duolingo yet, but it seems that at some point I'll need to let the green bird hold my phone hostage
My first language is Russian and I'm pretty good in English (at this moment I'm too scared to say that I'm fluent in it, mainly because my minor mistakes and forgetting words/grammar rules from time to time hurts too much), but I try to keep improving :D

Always wanted to try to learn Latin (to summon demons on my enemies of course /j), mainly because I've been obsessed with Latin songs for a long time and just want to understand and translate them by myself. I don't believe in power of Duolingo yet, but it seems that at some point I'll need to let the green bird hold my phone hostage
5BsilZ9.png
SRsfBYm.png
jgeciGJ.png
ll0CfnD.png
0bMlzCz.png
X4p2jRx.png
WQA384m.png
@LynxheartDragon
I actually know a bit of Latin! I'm not that good at it though and we were only really taught translation so I can really only read it, not write or speak. It is rather useful for figuring out words I don't know based on their roots though.
I'd totally encourage learning Latin! I've heard the Duolingo course is a bit short so maybe check out the Cambridge Latin Course? It's what I used and I'd say it did a pretty good job. It also teaches you about Roman civilization which I found interesting. I will warn you that it does talk quite a bit about slavery, as that was a common practice at the time. Here's a pdf of the first book as well as a Latin dictionary I've found useful (I'd avoid using google translate, as it tends to not be very accurate).
I hope you find some of this useful! Feel free to talk to me if you have any further questions about Latin or English, though you seem to be doing great already on that front. :] /gen
@LynxheartDragon
I actually know a bit of Latin! I'm not that good at it though and we were only really taught translation so I can really only read it, not write or speak. It is rather useful for figuring out words I don't know based on their roots though.
I'd totally encourage learning Latin! I've heard the Duolingo course is a bit short so maybe check out the Cambridge Latin Course? It's what I used and I'd say it did a pretty good job. It also teaches you about Roman civilization which I found interesting. I will warn you that it does talk quite a bit about slavery, as that was a common practice at the time. Here's a pdf of the first book as well as a Latin dictionary I've found useful (I'd avoid using google translate, as it tends to not be very accurate).
I hope you find some of this useful! Feel free to talk to me if you have any further questions about Latin or English, though you seem to be doing great already on that front. :] /gen
FObX7rS.png
kzHyNV8.png
J7D1quC.png
YMPbu9R.png
n92scsG.gif
[emoji=green gem size=1]My first is [b]English[/b] - Hello [emoji=purple gem 2 size=1]My second is [b]Enderspeak[/b] - Odeheeae (verbal version, forum post can't handle the written alphabet) [emoji=red gem size=1]I am now learning [b]Spanish[/b] - Hola I also know snippets of other languages like Mandarin and Thai.
My first is English - Hello

My second is Enderspeak - Odeheeae (verbal version, forum post can't handle the written alphabet)

I am now learning Spanish - Hola

I also know snippets of other languages like Mandarin and Thai.
I know a little bit of indian and french
english: hello
india: halo
france: bonjour
I know a little bit of indian and french
english: hello
india: halo
france: bonjour
7kXqKFJ.png q2zMYvt.png
Linguistics is a huge passion of mine, I grew up with first-ish language Japanese and first-ish language English and have studied Spanish since I was around 7 I believe.

I also have studied Mandarin for 3 years, Swedish for 2, and know a smattering of Greek/German as well as 1 year worth of Latin which I processed close to none of. ;w;
Linguistics is a huge passion of mine, I grew up with first-ish language Japanese and first-ish language English and have studied Spanish since I was around 7 I believe.

I also have studied Mandarin for 3 years, Swedish for 2, and know a smattering of Greek/German as well as 1 year worth of Latin which I processed close to none of. ;w;
I speak afrikaans !! And a lil french
I speak afrikaans !! And a lil french
i s2g i posted in this thread before

but japanese n english are my main languages that i speak/write in :]

i want to learn cantonese to speak w my best friend's parents and i know like. a few real basic phrases that i hear them say all the time but nothing in depth
i s2g i posted in this thread before

but japanese n english are my main languages that i speak/write in :]

i want to learn cantonese to speak w my best friend's parents and i know like. a few real basic phrases that i hear them say all the time but nothing in depth
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18