Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [Hub] Splatoon
1 2 ... 94 95 96 97 98 ... 211 212
Super happy that the Humpback Pump track is returning! I LOVED that map back in Splat2! I'm kind of hoping Camp Triggerfish makes a return as I loved that map as well!
Super happy that the Humpback Pump track is returning! I LOVED that map back in Splat2! I'm kind of hoping Camp Triggerfish makes a return as I loved that map as well!
DxCICZ1.png
Z2soOA2.png
apUeZZ4.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png
w8o0xW1.png LJfZA40.png
lAvpyOQ.png
FObX7rS.png
T0lT2WO.png
New information about challanges! They're limited-time events that can be played solo or with friends. If you win five times, you win a lottery coin, whatever that will be. It's from the Japanese twitter, so that might not be the translation it'll end up being.

The first will be on the 3rd to 4th of June.
New information about challanges! They're limited-time events that can be played solo or with friends. If you win five times, you win a lottery coin, whatever that will be. It's from the Japanese twitter, so that might not be the translation it'll end up being.

The first will be on the 3rd to 4th of June.
okay so challenges are the successor to league (if the na twitter is to be correct about it, calling it a similar feature to league) while being sort of the turf/anarchy equiv to eggstra work (but more interesting and fun looking). thats really neat tbh! gives us more to look forward to than just splatfests and lets this be a lot more open (hopefully) to everyone!

and the fact that in challenge turf wars only primary abilities will work (while in anarchy secondaries will work) is gonna be interesting for sure!

it looks like its separated into 3 2-hour play windows (for the first one it'll be 6/2 from 9 PM to 11 PM, 6/3 from 5 AM to 7 AM, and 6/3 from 1 PM to 3 PM. All times PT.), with each time being each respective challenge (the 3 we saw in the trailer; trizookas, fog and jump)
okay so challenges are the successor to league (if the na twitter is to be correct about it, calling it a similar feature to league) while being sort of the turf/anarchy equiv to eggstra work (but more interesting and fun looking). thats really neat tbh! gives us more to look forward to than just splatfests and lets this be a lot more open (hopefully) to everyone!

and the fact that in challenge turf wars only primary abilities will work (while in anarchy secondaries will work) is gonna be interesting for sure!

it looks like its separated into 3 2-hour play windows (for the first one it'll be 6/2 from 9 PM to 11 PM, 6/3 from 5 AM to 7 AM, and 6/3 from 1 PM to 3 PM. All times PT.), with each time being each respective challenge (the 3 we saw in the trailer; trizookas, fog and jump)
xxx the octopus the myth the legend dj octavio fandragon xx "GYAH HA HA! Not if I crash your big finish!"
credit to cephalonheadquarters on tumblr credit to cephalonheadquarters on tumblr
KLTxh3r.pngv2PJF9u.pngeswSnrS.png
bX96R21.png6meUms1.png
splatoon fandragons!!
e
e
@BlueberryBlast

Wait, so the event will only be six hours total? That seems inconvinient.
Damn, I was looking forward to try them all. I'd certainly be asleep for at least one of those, and there's no gurantee I'd be able to catch the other two, since usually I do some stuff on the weekend.
@BlueberryBlast

Damn, I was looking forward to try them all. I'd certainly be asleep for at least one of those, and there's no gurantee I'd be able to catch the other two, since usually I do some stuff on the weekend.
@Xionahri
yep, those are the times grabbed from one of the na twitters posts on challenges
3 sessions of unique game modes for 2 hours of fun with gaps of 6 or so hours between each unique challenge

probably so everyone can have the chance to try at least one challenge regardless of time zones but all around kinda... meh.
could've been that the challenge swapped out like a regular rotation between each one for the full duration instead of having that 18ish hours of nothing.. but i guess not

but it is meant to be the first go at this so maybe they'll update/adjust the times based on how it goes? like bringing it down to a 2 hour gap between each challenge or something, so that its not back to back but lessening the wait
especially if we get more challenges alongside the current 3, giving us more opportunities to play if they dont stick to only 3 per challenge event or something
kind of like how though the first eggstra was teams only they're working on making the next one be available for solo queue as well?
@Xionahri
yep, those are the times grabbed from one of the na twitters posts on challenges
3 sessions of unique game modes for 2 hours of fun with gaps of 6 or so hours between each unique challenge

probably so everyone can have the chance to try at least one challenge regardless of time zones but all around kinda... meh.
could've been that the challenge swapped out like a regular rotation between each one for the full duration instead of having that 18ish hours of nothing.. but i guess not

but it is meant to be the first go at this so maybe they'll update/adjust the times based on how it goes? like bringing it down to a 2 hour gap between each challenge or something, so that its not back to back but lessening the wait
especially if we get more challenges alongside the current 3, giving us more opportunities to play if they dont stick to only 3 per challenge event or something
kind of like how though the first eggstra was teams only they're working on making the next one be available for solo queue as well?
xxx the octopus the myth the legend dj octavio fandragon xx "GYAH HA HA! Not if I crash your big finish!"
credit to cephalonheadquarters on tumblr credit to cephalonheadquarters on tumblr
bX96R21.png6meUms1.png
splatoon fandragons!!
e
e
[quote name="Xionahri" date="2023-05-17 13:45:58" ] @BlueberryBlast Wait, so the event will only be six hours total? That seems inconvinient. Damn, I was looking forward to try them all. I'd certainly be asleep for at least one of those, and there's no gurantee I'd be able to catch the other two, since usually I do some stuff on the weekend. [/quote] I’ll be up but it being only 6 hours is criminal. Every other event, like Splatfest, Big Run, and even Eggstra Work was 2 days/48 hours. Challenges being at random 2 hour blocks is stupid, and the fact it’s likely replacing League as well as not being a permanent mode, even in PBs, is horrible. This definitely drags the update down [b]massively[/b] for me. Only looking forward to Annaki Nova with Inkjet and H-3 D and RBPD getting new kits atp.
Xionahri wrote on 2023-05-17 13:45:58:
@BlueberryBlast

I’ll be up but it being only 6 hours is criminal. Every other event, like Splatfest, Big Run, and even Eggstra Work was 2 days/48 hours. Challenges being at random 2 hour blocks is stupid, and the fact it’s likely replacing League as well as not being a permanent mode, even in PBs, is horrible. This definitely drags the update down massively for me. Only looking forward to Annaki Nova with Inkjet and H-3 D and RBPD getting new kits atp.
wthFnM3.pngtVqnDgA.png

bYt72YT.pngtqGkHih.png

z8s5c34.pnga69iToJ.png
painbrush kit! painbrush kit!
it has... curling bomb. and wavebreaker!
okay, curling for movement and wavebreaker for locating.

also theres probably a few more kit reveals in the new video for it but i wanted to note that in the s blast vid the big swig has angle shooter. which is... not the best, but hey at least it'll probably combo and help with its low damage?

looking through the new video double checking something and either heavy or splatana has kraken! had to double check since i thought the heavy icon was the 96 but nope, the heavy and splatana are the only two alive on the team that has a kraken active, so one of those two has it!
aaand looking at the video frame by frame and its the heavy that has it!

dont know if there are any other hidden subs or specials for the other weapons yet

other than that theres a few posts regarding im assuming anarchy open? something about 'anarchy power' being visible now and the ability to change gear in between matches finally
painbrush kit! painbrush kit!
it has... curling bomb. and wavebreaker!
okay, curling for movement and wavebreaker for locating.

also theres probably a few more kit reveals in the new video for it but i wanted to note that in the s blast vid the big swig has angle shooter. which is... not the best, but hey at least it'll probably combo and help with its low damage?

looking through the new video double checking something and either heavy or splatana has kraken! had to double check since i thought the heavy icon was the 96 but nope, the heavy and splatana are the only two alive on the team that has a kraken active, so one of those two has it!
aaand looking at the video frame by frame and its the heavy that has it!

dont know if there are any other hidden subs or specials for the other weapons yet

other than that theres a few posts regarding im assuming anarchy open? something about 'anarchy power' being visible now and the ability to change gear in between matches finally
bX96R21.png6meUms1.png
splatoon fandragons!!
e
e
@BlueberryBlast

That's a good point. I mean, the first Splatfest was also shorter, if we want to count the World Premiere. Might be a trail run indeed. Let's hope that's the case.

Ohh, neat painbrush-kit.
And for the big swig... angle shooter is not great in any case, but I feel, if anything, it makes the most sense on a roller, for that range.
@BlueberryBlast

That's a good point. I mean, the first Splatfest was also shorter, if we want to count the World Premiere. Might be a trail run indeed. Let's hope that's the case.

Ohh, neat painbrush-kit.
And for the big swig... angle shooter is not great in any case, but I feel, if anything, it makes the most sense on a roller, for that range.
League is officially dead :,]
They brought back the league ranking system for anarchy open, but at least we can change our gear without leaving lobby now!!
League is officially dead :,]
They brought back the league ranking system for anarchy open, but at least we can change our gear without leaving lobby now!!
XC93sMs.png==Nkk0jLq.png==xYQkuHQ.png

92n1dwB.png==wthFnM3.png==5hF3FGk.png

pLcovI9.png==zwkSD6b.png==05qhES2.png
Big Swig also seems to have Ink Storm, which means its full kit is likely Angle Shooter/Ink Storm. Ink Storm is cool, we don't have many of those, but Angle Shooter...at least it could get buffed.

Speaking of buffs, people have noticed that Reefslider seems to be faster in the S-Blast video. Maybe it'll be getting buffed next patch!
Big Swig also seems to have Ink Storm, which means its full kit is likely Angle Shooter/Ink Storm. Ink Storm is cool, we don't have many of those, but Angle Shooter...at least it could get buffed.

Speaking of buffs, people have noticed that Reefslider seems to be faster in the S-Blast video. Maybe it'll be getting buffed next patch!
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
1 2 ... 94 95 96 97 98 ... 211 212