Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Sad video game moments
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Danganronpa. I was crying a few times while playing Danganropa: Trigger Happy Havoc. [emoji=candle size=1] (SPOILER ALERT) [spoiler] Rip Sayaka, Leon, Chihiro, Mondo, Taka, Hifumi, Celestia, Sakura, and etc. I felt so bad for Mondo, Taka, and Leon. My favorite character is Leon Kuwata! Mondo has a tragic/sad moment about his older brother, Daiya. I don't care about Sayaka, Celestia, and Sakura's stories. Sayaka is a traitor. Celestia's title is the "Queen of Liars." Celestia tricked Hifumi. I understand Celestia's talent is the Ultimate Gambler. The motive is to understand to relate money. She was jealous of the 10 million dollars. She wished to achieve her dream of owning a large European castle with many male servants dressed like vampires. Sakura wanted to sacrifice herself caused some reason because Monokuma made up for the motives. Sakura believed in her best friend, Aoi, and her friends. Sakura wrote the note to protect her friends and unite the other students. Sakura breaks into the headmaster's office and realizes Monokuma is a toy remote to connect the controller. Anyway, Junko loves despair and killing people in the game. Her talent is Ultimate Despair. That's all I shared about what happened during the game in the sad moments. [/spoiler]
Danganronpa.

I was crying a few times while playing Danganropa: Trigger Happy Havoc.

(SPOILER ALERT)
Rip Sayaka, Leon, Chihiro, Mondo, Taka, Hifumi, Celestia, Sakura, and etc. I felt so bad for Mondo, Taka, and Leon. My favorite character is Leon Kuwata! Mondo has a tragic/sad moment about his older brother, Daiya. I don't care about Sayaka, Celestia, and Sakura's stories. Sayaka is a traitor. Celestia's title is the "Queen of Liars." Celestia tricked Hifumi. I understand Celestia's talent is the Ultimate Gambler. The motive is to understand to relate money. She was jealous of the 10 million dollars. She wished to achieve her dream of owning a large European castle with many male servants dressed like vampires. Sakura wanted to sacrifice herself caused some reason because Monokuma made up for the motives. Sakura believed in her best friend, Aoi, and her friends. Sakura wrote the note to protect her friends and unite the other students. Sakura breaks into the headmaster's office and realizes Monokuma is a toy remote to connect the controller. Anyway, Junko loves despair and killing people in the game. Her talent is Ultimate Despair. That's all I shared about what happened during the game in the sad moments.
@Valorous [quote name="Valorous" date="2023-02-07 16:47:13" ] Danganronpa. I was crying a few times while playing Danganropa: Trigger Happy Havoc. [emoji=candle size=1] (SPOILER ALERT) [spoiler] Rip Sayaka, Leon, Chihiro, Mondo, Taka, Hifumi, Celestia, Sakura, and etc. I felt so bad for Mondo, Taka, and Leon. My favorite character is Leon Kuwata! Mondo has a tragic/sad moment about his older brother, Daiya. I don't care about Sayaka, Celestia, and Sakura's stories. Sayaka is a traitor. Celestia's title is the "Queen of Liars." Celestia tricked Hifumi. I understand Celestia's talent is the Ultimate Gambler. The motive is to understand to relate money. She was jealous of the 10 million dollars. She wished to achieve her dream of owning a large European castle with many male servants dressed like vampires. Sakura wanted to sacrifice herself caused some reason because Monokuma made up for the motives. Sakura believed in her best friend, Aoi, and her friends. Sakura wrote the note to protect her friends and unite the other students. Sakura breaks into the headmaster's office and realizes Monokuma is a toy remote to connect the controller. Anyway, Junko loves despair and killing people in the game. Her talent is Ultimate Despair. That's all I shared about what happened during the game in the sad moments. [/spoiler] [/quote] All the dangan rompa games made me cry at one point or another but for sure the first one gets me every time!! But honestly, most games make me cry at one point or another, I think most recently the death of the mom in God of War (literally the game begins with you building the pyre) and it got me so fast lol.
@Valorous
Valorous wrote on 2023-02-07 16:47:13:
Danganronpa.

I was crying a few times while playing Danganropa: Trigger Happy Havoc.

(SPOILER ALERT)
Rip Sayaka, Leon, Chihiro, Mondo, Taka, Hifumi, Celestia, Sakura, and etc. I felt so bad for Mondo, Taka, and Leon. My favorite character is Leon Kuwata! Mondo has a tragic/sad moment about his older brother, Daiya. I don't care about Sayaka, Celestia, and Sakura's stories. Sayaka is a traitor. Celestia's title is the "Queen of Liars." Celestia tricked Hifumi. I understand Celestia's talent is the Ultimate Gambler. The motive is to understand to relate money. She was jealous of the 10 million dollars. She wished to achieve her dream of owning a large European castle with many male servants dressed like vampires. Sakura wanted to sacrifice herself caused some reason because Monokuma made up for the motives. Sakura believed in her best friend, Aoi, and her friends. Sakura wrote the note to protect her friends and unite the other students. Sakura breaks into the headmaster's office and realizes Monokuma is a toy remote to connect the controller. Anyway, Junko loves despair and killing people in the game. Her talent is Ultimate Despair. That's all I shared about what happened during the game in the sad moments.

All the dangan rompa games made me cry at one point or another but for sure the first one gets me every time!!

But honestly, most games make me cry at one point or another, I think most recently the death of the mom in God of War (literally the game begins with you building the pyre) and it got me so fast lol.
FR Time + 8
xUGOc1.pngDmthg2.pngS0ERk1.pngTgeAg1.pngw4RzH1.png
the last of us 2. When I say a sad scene I bet any other Last of us 2 fan knows what i mean.
the last of us 2. When I say a sad scene I bet any other Last of us 2 fan knows what i mean.
zVzI8uZ.jpg
Priority Tuchanka from Mass Effect 3, the ending absolutely broke my heart man it still makes me sad to think about it
Priority Tuchanka from Mass Effect 3, the ending absolutely broke my heart man it still makes me sad to think about it
Divider (Harpy City scene)
Mass Effect 3 had two key moments that made me cry for different reasons. As mentioned by others, heavily influenced by spending the previous two games getting to know and love these characters to such depth.

The one opening scene when the Reapers descend onto the planet immediately made me tear up and cry. They communicated the absolute futility of fighting and the devastation that was imminent. Watching them break through the clouds en masse gave me chills and hit my soul.
Also, of the many deaths you can to experience, Mordin's made me pause the game and bawl, I'm actually getting choked up even typing about it.

"We are eternal. The pinnacle of evolution and existence."
"Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far, And Grace will lead me home."
Mass Effect 3 had two key moments that made me cry for different reasons. As mentioned by others, heavily influenced by spending the previous two games getting to know and love these characters to such depth.

The one opening scene when the Reapers descend onto the planet immediately made me tear up and cry. They communicated the absolute futility of fighting and the devastation that was imminent. Watching them break through the clouds en masse gave me chills and hit my soul.
Also, of the many deaths you can to experience, Mordin's made me pause the game and bawl, I'm actually getting choked up even typing about it.

"We are eternal. The pinnacle of evolution and existence."
"Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far, And Grace will lead me home."
PVtiMwp.pngFRT+3 PVtiMwp.pngShe/They PVtiMwp.pngPing Me
P3v4egs.gif
Have you seen The Yellow Sign?
the entirety of life is strange 2 is so heartbreaking i wanna die
the entirety of life is strange 2 is so heartbreaking i wanna die
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
No spoilers, but like, every 10 minutes playing through The Last Of Us I was just goddang sobbing.
No spoilers, but like, every 10 minutes playing through The Last Of Us I was just goddang sobbing.
d5510cee242aae685d6d5508c8aa858472bb7987.gif
Red dead redemption 2 is the only video game thats ever made me cry real tears.
Red dead redemption 2 is the only video game thats ever made me cry real tears.
Podcast for Anime, Movies, and More?! Click the Yak!
oYwYKgq.png
Spiritfarer: Farewell Edition is the best cathartic cry I've ever had because of a video game. Granted, there are a lot of heavy themes despite the very cute & pretty art style, so TWs ahoy. Nothing graphic, but it's a game focused entirely around end of life & afterlife scenarios.

Helped me mourn in ways I'd have a hard time doing on my own. Massive thank you to the devs for creating an incredibly meaningful masterpiece. The symbolism is impressive, and the topics are handled in a very responsible & delicate manner.
Spiritfarer: Farewell Edition is the best cathartic cry I've ever had because of a video game. Granted, there are a lot of heavy themes despite the very cute & pretty art style, so TWs ahoy. Nothing graphic, but it's a game focused entirely around end of life & afterlife scenarios.

Helped me mourn in ways I'd have a hard time doing on my own. Massive thank you to the devs for creating an incredibly meaningful masterpiece. The symbolism is impressive, and the topics are handled in a very responsible & delicate manner.
Red Dead Redemption 2
the entire ending sequence almost made me cry (thankfully my main horse had already been killed by an ambush just coming back to camp, so I was spared that grief). probably the hardest hitting part was when Arthur's trying to get John to go to his family, and John refuses to go without him, and calls him his brother. it's just so bittersweet, seeing them finally return back to their brotherly relationship that vanished when John left, only right when Arthur leaves to go die, something he knew would happen either way it ended.

but the only game that has made me cry twice, once as a kid and once when I was older, was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky when the player and their partner are leaving Temporal Tower after saving the future. just the player disappearing, even in a playthrough where I knew that it was reversed, was just super upsetting to me. absolutely one of my favourite games, if not from the ending alone.
Red Dead Redemption 2
the entire ending sequence almost made me cry (thankfully my main horse had already been killed by an ambush just coming back to camp, so I was spared that grief). probably the hardest hitting part was when Arthur's trying to get John to go to his family, and John refuses to go without him, and calls him his brother. it's just so bittersweet, seeing them finally return back to their brotherly relationship that vanished when John left, only right when Arthur leaves to go die, something he knew would happen either way it ended.

but the only game that has made me cry twice, once as a kid and once when I was older, was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky when the player and their partner are leaving Temporal Tower after saving the future. just the player disappearing, even in a playthrough where I knew that it was reversed, was just super upsetting to me. absolutely one of my favourite games, if not from the ending alone.
"Oh, I don't know, I was really hoping for a huge sign on the wall saying 'Kryx's Legacy Clues Here!'"
7e564164b467c888332847354c0f4875cf273dd1.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13