Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Sad video game moments
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Likely no one will know what i'm talking about as i'm the only longtime fan of this game but The Dog Island had a pretty depressing story. It also has many story elements and characters that aged like milk.

So basically in dog island your sibling is sick and you go to the dog island to find the cure. This isn't a spoiler because it's whole premise of the game.

HOWEVER, you meet doctor potan who is helping find the cure. But one day he disappears and you must find him. So you track him down using the scent mechanic. Until you find a small island. He's standing there solemnly and there's flowers all around. Once you reach him you see that it's a grave.

Long ago he had a friend who he fell in love with. But she got horribly ill. The witch doctor, i forget her name oops, wanted to help after potan couldn't find a cure.

But he refused to let her help as science vs magic. So yeah, that grave is his girlfriend's. And you have to convince him to stop living in the past and to forgive himself for his mistake

For a very young child i took it surprisingly well, though i remember it very clearly for being a shock. What actually messed me up was the final boss, who single handedly gave me lifelong trauma and made me hyper panic over being chased by anything.

Yes, a video game primarily for children gave me lifelong trauma. Yes, i still love that game dearly.
Likely no one will know what i'm talking about as i'm the only longtime fan of this game but The Dog Island had a pretty depressing story. It also has many story elements and characters that aged like milk.

So basically in dog island your sibling is sick and you go to the dog island to find the cure. This isn't a spoiler because it's whole premise of the game.

HOWEVER, you meet doctor potan who is helping find the cure. But one day he disappears and you must find him. So you track him down using the scent mechanic. Until you find a small island. He's standing there solemnly and there's flowers all around. Once you reach him you see that it's a grave.

Long ago he had a friend who he fell in love with. But she got horribly ill. The witch doctor, i forget her name oops, wanted to help after potan couldn't find a cure.

But he refused to let her help as science vs magic. So yeah, that grave is his girlfriend's. And you have to convince him to stop living in the past and to forgive himself for his mistake

For a very young child i took it surprisingly well, though i remember it very clearly for being a shock. What actually messed me up was the final boss, who single handedly gave me lifelong trauma and made me hyper panic over being chased by anything.

Yes, a video game primarily for children gave me lifelong trauma. Yes, i still love that game dearly.
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
Pretty much the entirety of both Plague Tale games. The premise is that you play as this girl named Amicia whose little brother has a mysterious illness. A bunch of soldiers calling themselves the Inquisition has come looking for him, and neither Amicia nor her brother (Hugo) know why. So they have to run from the Inquisition all while trying to find a cure for Hugo.

They meet other children along the way who travel with and help them. Also while all this is going down, there are hordes of rats swarming across the country and killing so many people, so that's an additional thing they have to deal with. The sibling bond between Amicia and Hugo has made me cry multiple times throughout the story, I'll go into detail about that and other stuff in spoiler tags. If anyone has played these please let me know, I've never met anyone else who has and these are my favorite games besides Red Dead Redemption :(

Hugo's illness isn't an illness at all, it's a blood curse passed down through his family line. Every time it pops up, there's a new plague. The plague happening in game is the black death, though it's never called that by name. Anyway, Hugo's curse/illness means the worse he gets, the worse the plague gets also. He can hear and control the rats, though this causes him awful headaches and even seizures at times.

I could go into a ton of detail but that would get way too long. Essentially, Amicia, Hugo, and the only surviving friend they made in the first game are trying to find a cure for Hugo on an island he's been dreaming about. They don't find a cure there; they find an island full of people who worship the carrier of Hugo's curse. At the climax of the game, he's taken away from Amicia and their friend, which causes his curse to progress to the final stage way too fast. Unwillingly he's sending out waves and waves of rats which are killing many people, and Hugo himself is suffering too. To stop it, Amicia has to kill him, and this is where I started crying so hard I couldn't see the screen anymore. Hugo literally asked Amicia to kill him but I'm still screaming and crying about it

If anyone actually read all this and wants to know more, hit my PMs I'm happy to talk about it
Pretty much the entirety of both Plague Tale games. The premise is that you play as this girl named Amicia whose little brother has a mysterious illness. A bunch of soldiers calling themselves the Inquisition has come looking for him, and neither Amicia nor her brother (Hugo) know why. So they have to run from the Inquisition all while trying to find a cure for Hugo.

They meet other children along the way who travel with and help them. Also while all this is going down, there are hordes of rats swarming across the country and killing so many people, so that's an additional thing they have to deal with. The sibling bond between Amicia and Hugo has made me cry multiple times throughout the story, I'll go into detail about that and other stuff in spoiler tags. If anyone has played these please let me know, I've never met anyone else who has and these are my favorite games besides Red Dead Redemption :(

Hugo's illness isn't an illness at all, it's a blood curse passed down through his family line. Every time it pops up, there's a new plague. The plague happening in game is the black death, though it's never called that by name. Anyway, Hugo's curse/illness means the worse he gets, the worse the plague gets also. He can hear and control the rats, though this causes him awful headaches and even seizures at times.

I could go into a ton of detail but that would get way too long. Essentially, Amicia, Hugo, and the only surviving friend they made in the first game are trying to find a cure for Hugo on an island he's been dreaming about. They don't find a cure there; they find an island full of people who worship the carrier of Hugo's curse. At the climax of the game, he's taken away from Amicia and their friend, which causes his curse to progress to the final stage way too fast. Unwillingly he's sending out waves and waves of rats which are killing many people, and Hugo himself is suffering too. To stop it, Amicia has to kill him, and this is where I started crying so hard I couldn't see the screen anymore. Hugo literally asked Amicia to kill him but I'm still screaming and crying about it

If anyone actually read all this and wants to know more, hit my PMs I'm happy to talk about it
i really like star wars ok
[quote name="Xela" date="2022-12-06 09:30:59" ] final fantasy VII: Crisis core. The story is full of sad moments, but the ending is heartbreaking. I'm looking forward to the remaster, which I think releases something this month? [/quote] Crisis core always gets me. I played Reunion and it still hits you right in the feels
Xela wrote on 2022-12-06 09:30:59:
final fantasy VII: Crisis core. The story is full of sad moments, but the ending is heartbreaking.

I'm looking forward to the remaster, which I think releases something this month?
Crisis core always gets me. I played Reunion and it still hits you right in the feels
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
@EzioAuditore

I'm playing through Requiem at the moment! I'm making slow progress because I'm really enjoying taking pictures with the photo mode, the game is so pretty.

I love that Hugo is actually really well written and is adorable. Too often young child characters can come across as annoying but he's so sweet.
@EzioAuditore

I'm playing through Requiem at the moment! I'm making slow progress because I'm really enjoying taking pictures with the photo mode, the game is so pretty.

I love that Hugo is actually really well written and is adorable. Too often young child characters can come across as annoying but he's so sweet.
I have more sad moments to add, courtesy of a game called Endling: Extinction is Forever. Yes, the tone of the game is exactly as the title promises...

For starters, literally every time the mama fox you play as is hurt.

Every time you finish a tracking sequence to find your stolen cub, mama fox looks so sad, her ears are down and her head is drooping...

When you finally reunite with your stolen cub, it's in the same moment as finding out one of the only kind, compassionate NPCs in the game has died of sickness, with her father crying over her body. (Her father is the same character who took your cub, but when he sees you, he decides on his own to free your cub and reunite you both.)

Coming back the next in-game night to find that he was killed by the Furrier. That hurt me so bad.

Baby badger dying after the flood, and then mama fox dying after the Furrier shot her. I had to take at least an hour to recover from that.
I have more sad moments to add, courtesy of a game called Endling: Extinction is Forever. Yes, the tone of the game is exactly as the title promises...

For starters, literally every time the mama fox you play as is hurt.

Every time you finish a tracking sequence to find your stolen cub, mama fox looks so sad, her ears are down and her head is drooping...

When you finally reunite with your stolen cub, it's in the same moment as finding out one of the only kind, compassionate NPCs in the game has died of sickness, with her father crying over her body. (Her father is the same character who took your cub, but when he sees you, he decides on his own to free your cub and reunite you both.)

Coming back the next in-game night to find that he was killed by the Furrier. That hurt me so bad.

Baby badger dying after the flood, and then mama fox dying after the Furrier shot her. I had to take at least an hour to recover from that.
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png Hobbyist Writer57719699_nSiBYnESr0q0Pa5.pngFeel free to ping! tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngtumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
@BladeDancer

I'm about to start my second playthrough of Requiem right now! The first game was a masterpiece but somehow Requiem is even better. How far into it are you? Also we can talk in PMs so as to not flood this thread if you like <3
@BladeDancer

I'm about to start my second playthrough of Requiem right now! The first game was a masterpiece but somehow Requiem is even better. How far into it are you? Also we can talk in PMs so as to not flood this thread if you like <3
i really like star wars ok
Dunno if anyone's mentioned this yet but the entirety of NieR: Automata just gets worse and worse as you play it. Never before or since has a videogame made me put down the controller after the credits and just sit there for like, a good hour, just contemplating everything.
Dunno if anyone's mentioned this yet but the entirety of NieR: Automata just gets worse and worse as you play it. Never before or since has a videogame made me put down the controller after the credits and just sit there for like, a good hour, just contemplating everything.
1084.png nxlpBX0.png

»Karmaskeleton«

They/Them
Frt +3
Lew, 24, non-binary person.
Changed to Light on January 7th, 2022.
ezF5Jgc.png 19155.png
Mass Effect 3 when Legion "dies"
Mass Effect 3 when Legion "dies"
opcExsG.png
42dKV5O.png
vqM9NnV.png
mlHpBMC.png
pumpkin_kitties_by_hyraea-d4cw7hh.gif k5FxSvA.gif ZUWbxBq.png fungal_floracat.png kdUMPIG.gif
LISA : The Painful

Just... oh my god. I won't say anything but by God, anytime I had advanced the story I had cried
LISA : The Painful

Just... oh my god. I won't say anything but by God, anytime I had advanced the story I had cried
tcsys-autism.gif
qb9pYzX.png
0DJvxSf.png
replayed portal 2, and no matter how many times i hear the turret song i can't help but cry because of it.

and in hollow knight when you meet Quirrel for the last time it punched me in the gut when i realized what happened to him. i was not ready for it. i also wasnt ready when Cloth dies which was also another punch to the stomach.

i think most recent example of me crying in a video game is [and i forgot its name] a short itch.io game where you raise a weird pet and it ends with your pet dying. the experience was too real and hit me in a part where i don't like to be hit
replayed portal 2, and no matter how many times i hear the turret song i can't help but cry because of it.

and in hollow knight when you meet Quirrel for the last time it punched me in the gut when i realized what happened to him. i was not ready for it. i also wasnt ready when Cloth dies which was also another punch to the stomach.

i think most recent example of me crying in a video game is [and i forgot its name] a short itch.io game where you raise a weird pet and it ends with your pet dying. the experience was too real and hit me in a part where i don't like to be hit
ezgif-5-d59d01f068.gif
Debbie / Nova
18 - Non-Binary - Any Pronouns
Art Shop | Wishlist
2kdMs.gifUgAP0.gifyv2d9.gifJ2yrF.gifA6sar.gif
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13