Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Sirs, ma'ams, goths, and glams?
I'm broadening my selection of goofy ways to address my friends. Think things like "guys, gals, and NB pals", "ladies, gentlemen, and folks betwixt and beyond", and, of course, "everypony" sorry.

One eludes me, and that's the "sirs & ma'ams" one. Please help me decide on a completion, and suggest any other applicable addressments.

Current ideas:
Sirs, ma'ams, goths, and glams: Leaves out preps, so you've got an incomplete trifecta.

Sirs, ma'ams, grooves, and jams: Same issue but with bops.

Sirs, ma'ams, and am-who-ams: delightful cryptic forms of address. Unfortunately, overlaps with one of the Hebrew translations for the name of the Abrahamic god (kind of).

Ma'ams, sirs, spectres, and firs: good cryptid angle, but if you say it out loud it sounds like "furs" and that might deal some AoE.

Ma'ams, sirs, and as you prefer: kinda makes it sound like the NB option is an "afterthought", y'know?

dabbers, flossers, and sussy imposters: killing me becomes classed as self-defense

thoughts?
I'm broadening my selection of goofy ways to address my friends. Think things like "guys, gals, and NB pals", "ladies, gentlemen, and folks betwixt and beyond", and, of course, "everypony" sorry.

One eludes me, and that's the "sirs & ma'ams" one. Please help me decide on a completion, and suggest any other applicable addressments.

Current ideas:
Sirs, ma'ams, goths, and glams: Leaves out preps, so you've got an incomplete trifecta.

Sirs, ma'ams, grooves, and jams: Same issue but with bops.

Sirs, ma'ams, and am-who-ams: delightful cryptic forms of address. Unfortunately, overlaps with one of the Hebrew translations for the name of the Abrahamic god (kind of).

Ma'ams, sirs, spectres, and firs: good cryptid angle, but if you say it out loud it sounds like "furs" and that might deal some AoE.

Ma'ams, sirs, and as you prefer: kinda makes it sound like the NB option is an "afterthought", y'know?

dabbers, flossers, and sussy imposters: killing me becomes classed as self-defense

thoughts?
cL9yafY.gif
my coworker told me once she addresses her adult students with "alright gumdrops" and i have not stopped thinking about it since because it is the exact level of absurdity necessary for the field
my coworker told me once she addresses her adult students with "alright gumdrops" and i have not stopped thinking about it since because it is the exact level of absurdity necessary for the field
anomalous_nekomata.png
I like Sirs, ma'ams, grooves, and jams and will be using it for a very formal speech one day and this is what i will say when my speech ends [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyRhcmhW0AU0OXX.jpg[/img] stay fresh, cheese bags
I like Sirs, ma'ams, grooves, and jams and will be using it for a very formal speech one day

and this is what i will say when my speech ends

DyRhcmhW0AU0OXX.jpg

stay fresh, cheese bags
H0t7Ypl.png
ePOliyb.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
My favorite that I've heard is "lads, lasses, and other bad***es"
My favorite that I've heard is "lads, lasses, and other bad***es"
LF:
Skin: Euphorbia
flower_fox_signature.png
Not quite the same, but honestly despite having no NB friends at the moment I’ve begun using the gender neutral ways to say “yas queen” regularly (it’s got swearing so I can’t share it, but feel free to look it up. “Pop off, my liege” and “Go off, your eminence” are my new favorites and I WILL use them forever

As for starting speeches… afraid I can’t be much help. I hate giving them and avoid the heck out of it, but when I do speak to an audience of sorts it’s an informal setting and I just say “Hello/hi everyone”. Yeah, I know, creative :/ I also consider “guys” and “my dude” to have become gender neutral over years of internet use so “hey guys” is generally how I greet my friends.

You COULD say “Lords, ladies, and m’theydies” but unless you’re at a renn faire that would probably come off as cringe. I think it’s funny but I go to renn faires, so I’m biased, lol
Not quite the same, but honestly despite having no NB friends at the moment I’ve begun using the gender neutral ways to say “yas queen” regularly (it’s got swearing so I can’t share it, but feel free to look it up. “Pop off, my liege” and “Go off, your eminence” are my new favorites and I WILL use them forever

As for starting speeches… afraid I can’t be much help. I hate giving them and avoid the heck out of it, but when I do speak to an audience of sorts it’s an informal setting and I just say “Hello/hi everyone”. Yeah, I know, creative :/ I also consider “guys” and “my dude” to have become gender neutral over years of internet use so “hey guys” is generally how I greet my friends.

You COULD say “Lords, ladies, and m’theydies” but unless you’re at a renn faire that would probably come off as cringe. I think it’s funny but I go to renn faires, so I’m biased, lol
unknown.png
I've seen "sirs and madams and gentlethems" which is pretty funny
"misters, misses and mixes" is one I'd like to see more often (since Mx. is kinda becoming the generally accepted neutral address)
maybe "sirs, madams, enbies and others"? idk
... "sugars and spices and everything nices" is very blursed
One Topic At A Time on youtube uses "Beardos and Weirdos"
I've seen "sirs and madams and gentlethems" which is pretty funny
"misters, misses and mixes" is one I'd like to see more often (since Mx. is kinda becoming the generally accepted neutral address)
maybe "sirs, madams, enbies and others"? idk
... "sugars and spices and everything nices" is very blursed
One Topic At A Time on youtube uses "Beardos and Weirdos"
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
I like to say "sirs, ma'ams, and those too wise for either category" when I'm in company who will appreciate the joke [emoji=rainbow star 2 size=1]
I like to say "sirs, ma'ams, and those too wise for either category" when I'm in company who will appreciate the joke
gAuwmJy.png
___ Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting -
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.
_ He/Him | FR +3 | Bestiary Quest