Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Paw Borough Discussion Hub
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 25
Reviving this thread to gush over the latest kickstarter update.

Specifically the new art style + direction, holy cow! If this overhaul keeps up I might be spending a lot more time there than I initially thought..
Reviving this thread to gush over the latest kickstarter update.

Specifically the new art style + direction, holy cow! If this overhaul keeps up I might be spending a lot more time there than I initially thought..
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
xxOrUOvuA.png
agreed! although I do worry a little for Blue taking on the entire project and being so ambitious with it... I hope they don't burn themselves and the team out.
agreed! although I do worry a little for Blue taking on the entire project and being so ambitious with it... I hope they don't burn themselves and the team out.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
Sad to say as much as I like cats I'm not a big fan of the breeds styles :( I'll probably still make an account if it comes out but I'm not particularly looking forward to it.
Sad to say as much as I like cats I'm not a big fan of the breeds styles :( I'll probably still make an account if it comes out but I'm not particularly looking forward to it.
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
Hopefully it works out, but I'm no less skeptical. Probably more so. Both things happened that I was hoping wouldn't. Last time a project I was interested needed to switch ownership or development leads, it dropped off the face of the planet for five years before finding its footing again. And Lorwolf changed it's art style for genes early on, didn't care for the new one as much. Got lucky this time though.

All the name of the game in terms of development.
Hopefully it works out, but I'm no less skeptical. Probably more so. Both things happened that I was hoping wouldn't. Last time a project I was interested needed to switch ownership or development leads, it dropped off the face of the planet for five years before finding its footing again. And Lorwolf changed it's art style for genes early on, didn't care for the new one as much. Got lucky this time though.

5M41Txb.png 5u7Rre4.png
[quote name="CosmicFalcon" date="2023-05-11 09:07:11" ] Hopefully it works out, but I'm no less skeptical. Probably more so. Both things happened that I was hoping wouldn't. Last time a project I was interested needed to switch ownership or development leads, it dropped off the face of the planet for five years before finding its footing again. And Lorwolf changed it's art style for genes early on, didn't care for the new one as much. Got lucky this time though. All the name of the game in terms of development. [/quote] i really hope new management is actually good also eh? LW changed style? what did the old art look like and the new art? havent payed much attention to lw anymore
CosmicFalcon wrote on 2023-05-11 09:07:11:

i really hope new management is actually good

also eh? LW changed style? what did the old art look like and the new art? havent payed much attention to lw anymore
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
[quote name="Acetheaxolotl" date="2023-05-11 09:38:55" ]also eh? LW changed style? what did the old art look like and the new art? havent payed much attention to lw anymore[/quote] Let me see If I can dig up old pictures, it might be impossible now lol. It was before alpha or kickstarter. Colors have also been altered since the wheel was expanded so it will never be exactly the same. The best way to see it is unfortunately images in their discord from around 2020. [url]https://lorwolfofficial.tumblr.com/post/187695966328/so-we-got-some-amazing-feedback-and-suggestions[/url] Tumblr link show cases the 2 different old styles. [u][b]OLD:[/b][/u] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/641021349854183439/709503787223482478/PkAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/641021349854183439/709501011349209198/nZ3fnikSZipVuWabPHbt00ZRRRl028XET8cFbX6Vi0tHr1h4T6ep4G7wddAc9HwECBN4DAgL6e6DJXiIBAgQIECDwbwLpkvTR6ao.png[/img] [u][b]NEW:[/b][/u] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/447458661514608640/1106262710674522213/image.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/447458661514608640/1106264288928215110/image.png[/img]
Acetheaxolotl wrote on 2023-05-11 09:38:55:
also eh? LW changed style? what did the old art look like and the new art? havent payed much attention to lw anymore

Let me see If I can dig up old pictures, it might be impossible now lol. It was before alpha or kickstarter. Colors have also been altered since the wheel was expanded so it will never be exactly the same. The best way to see it is unfortunately images in their discord from around 2020.

https://lorwolfofficial.tumblr.com/post/187695966328/so-we-got-some-amazing-feedback-and-suggestions Tumblr link show cases the 2 different old styles.

OLD:
PkAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
nZ3fnikSZipVuWabPHbt00ZRRRl028XET8cFbX6Vi0tHr1h4T6ep4G7wddAc9HwECBN4DAgL6e6DJXiIBAgQIECDwbwLpkvTR6ao.png

NEW:
image.png
image.png
5M41Txb.png 5u7Rre4.png
Yeah, I won't lie the announcement leading with a rather huge change in management is a bit worrying, but I'm choosing to be more optimistic since it wasn't like a complete change of developers, just two leaving. Blue seems to have everything handled so I have hope all will work out well enough!

Anyways, all the visual updates have been neat so far but the new tiger gene blew everything so far out of the water. It's so scrumptious!!! It makes me wonder what genes like cloudy/day will look like with the more complex style (and how the gene I'm backing will end up looking like too.. hehehe)
Yeah, I won't lie the announcement leading with a rather huge change in management is a bit worrying, but I'm choosing to be more optimistic since it wasn't like a complete change of developers, just two leaving. Blue seems to have everything handled so I have hope all will work out well enough!

Anyways, all the visual updates have been neat so far but the new tiger gene blew everything so far out of the water. It's so scrumptious!!! It makes me wonder what genes like cloudy/day will look like with the more complex style (and how the gene I'm backing will end up looking like too.. hehehe)
Pressed Morning Glory Venex
they/them
_^___^
(=0ω0=)
23378621.png Pressed Moonflower
[quote name="CosmicFalcon" date="2023-05-11 09:07:11" ] Hopefully it works out, but I'm no less skeptical. Probably more so. Both things happened that I was hoping wouldn't. Last time a project I was interested needed to switch ownership or development leads, it dropped off the face of the planet for five years before finding its footing again. And Lorwolf changed it's art style for genes early on, didn't care for the new one as much. Got lucky this time though. All the name of the game in terms of development. [/quote] Very good points, and highlights some concerns I have for the game myself. From what I remember, Blue is a dev, so I am not that concerned about the actual website execution. What I /am/ interested in is, - Are there more big changes coming? The sooner those are decided on, the better, as stated above. This all-encompassing overhaul of the art style may very well set them back months already. I'm a bit surprised this announcement came with such big changes, but no caveat of schedule impact. - There's been a lot of focus on site aesthetics (which was good and imo, needed) but personally I'm still not sold on the core gameplay loop. One of the things I like most about FR is that there are multiple straightforward ways to get both regular [i]and[/i] premium currency. This keeps the site hopping and progress can always be made, if you have the time. I hope that's the case with Paw Borough. A big problem I had with DapperVolk is that the [i]one[/i] thing you could do for currency got old incredibly fast, and you could only spend it on a handful of things - in game goals were clothing and pets, and that was it. The writing was engaging and charming, but the game itself? After a while, dull. /wall of text New cats super pretty! I hope the game design can back up the visuals.

Very good points, and highlights some concerns I have for the game myself.

From what I remember, Blue is a dev, so I am not that concerned about the actual website execution. What I /am/ interested in is,

- Are there more big changes coming?

The sooner those are decided on, the better, as stated above. This all-encompassing overhaul of the art style may very well set them back months already. I'm a bit surprised this announcement came with such big changes, but no caveat of schedule impact.

- There's been a lot of focus on site aesthetics (which was good and imo, needed) but personally I'm still not sold on the core gameplay loop.

One of the things I like most about FR is that there are multiple straightforward ways to get both regular and premium currency. This keeps the site hopping and progress can always be made, if you have the time. I hope that's the case with Paw Borough.

A big problem I had with DapperVolk is that the one thing you could do for currency got old incredibly fast, and you could only spend it on a handful of things - in game goals were clothing and pets, and that was it. The writing was engaging and charming, but the game itself? After a while, dull.

/wall of text

New cats super pretty! I hope the game design can back up the visuals.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
xxOrUOvuA.png
I just read the update, and I'm loving those pixel icons from NakoKohari. They're nicely detailed and look gorgeous. The backdrops look great too!
I just read the update, and I'm loving those pixel icons from NakoKohari. They're nicely detailed and look gorgeous. The backdrops look great too!
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
[quote name="Lethia" date="2023-05-11 20:04:06" ] [quote name="CosmicFalcon" date="2023-05-11 09:07:11" ] Hopefully it works out, but I'm no less skeptical. Probably more so. Both things happened that I was hoping wouldn't. Last time a project I was interested needed to switch ownership or development leads, it dropped off the face of the planet for five years before finding its footing again. And Lorwolf changed it's art style for genes early on, didn't care for the new one as much. Got lucky this time though. All the name of the game in terms of development. [/quote] Very good points, and highlights some concerns I have for the game myself. From what I remember, Blue is a dev, so I am not that concerned about the actual website execution. What I /am/ interested in is, - Are there more big changes coming? The sooner those are decided on, the better, as stated above. This all-encompassing overhaul of the art style may very well set them back months already. I'm a bit surprised this announcement came with such big changes, but no caveat of schedule impact. - There's been a lot of focus on site aesthetics (which was good and imo, needed) but personally I'm still not sold on the core gameplay loop. One of the things I like most about FR is that there are multiple straightforward ways to get both regular [i]and[/i] premium currency. This keeps the site hopping and progress can always be made, if you have the time. I hope that's the case with Paw Borough. A big problem I had with DapperVolk is that the [i]one[/i] thing you could do for currency got old incredibly fast, and you could only spend it on a handful of things - in game goals were clothing and pets, and that was it. The writing was engaging and charming, but the game itself? After a while, dull. /wall of text New cats super pretty! I hope the game design can back up the visuals. [/quote] I'm excited for it myself! Though i am concerned for the site's future too. My personal interpretation of it is that the "game" has site-wide events that evolve the lore in which players can participate in. I hope i'm not entirely wrong.
Lethia wrote on 2023-05-11 20:04:06:

Very good points, and highlights some concerns I have for the game myself.

From what I remember, Blue is a dev, so I am not that concerned about the actual website execution. What I /am/ interested in is,

- Are there more big changes coming?

The sooner those are decided on, the better, as stated above. This all-encompassing overhaul of the art style may very well set them back months already. I'm a bit surprised this announcement came with such big changes, but no caveat of schedule impact.

- There's been a lot of focus on site aesthetics (which was good and imo, needed) but personally I'm still not sold on the core gameplay loop.

One of the things I like most about FR is that there are multiple straightforward ways to get both regular and premium currency. This keeps the site hopping and progress can always be made, if you have the time. I hope that's the case with Paw Borough.

A big problem I had with DapperVolk is that the one thing you could do for currency got old incredibly fast, and you could only spend it on a handful of things - in game goals were clothing and pets, and that was it. The writing was engaging and charming, but the game itself? After a while, dull.

/wall of text

New cats super pretty! I hope the game design can back up the visuals.
I'm excited for it myself! Though i am concerned for the site's future too.

My personal interpretation of it is that the "game" has site-wide events that evolve the lore in which players can participate in. I hope i'm not entirely wrong.
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 25