Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | enbies of flight rising....
1 2 3
how did you come up with your name and what does it mean to you! I’m in the process of looking for a name and have two ideas right now. A, just the letter, I’ve been using it for a bit, or Finch. Finch is from one of my comfort musicals, bonus point if you could guess it. And A just an initial. But enough about my name, i wanna hear about how you guys came up with yours and what they mean to you!!!!
how did you come up with your name and what does it mean to you! I’m in the process of looking for a name and have two ideas right now. A, just the letter, I’ve been using it for a bit, or Finch. Finch is from one of my comfort musicals, bonus point if you could guess it. And A just an initial. But enough about my name, i wanna hear about how you guys came up with yours and what they mean to you!!!!
OWwMRKZ.png
omg finch is SUCH a cool name
omg finch is SUCH a cool name
icon dragon | wishlist
remind me not to impulse buy
redoing everything all the time give me a minute
@blackberrytart thank you!!!![emoji=coatl laughing size=2]
@blackberrytart thank you!!!!
OWwMRKZ.png
honestly, i just stole my name from a video game character, im not very creative lmao
honestly, i just stole my name from a video game character, im not very creative lmao
x6tELKc.png
feed the stone
[quote name="@pneumonic" date="2020-11-30 15:12:16" ] honestly, i just stole my name from a video game character, im not very creative lmao [/quote] we stan stealing character names
@pneumonic wrote on 2020-11-30 15:12:16:
we stan stealing character names
OWwMRKZ.png
I like both your name choices!!! I chose my name, Jay, because it was the nickname of one of my comfort characters[emoji=coatl tongue size=1]. It also starts with the same letter as my old name so I didn't have to change my initials! It's also just the letter j spelled out. Don't worry about finding the perfect name right away! (I know I cycled through a couple before I settled) If you still have trouble deciding, go by one for awhile and see if you like it when people call you by it!
I like both your name choices!!! I chose my name, Jay, because it was the nickname of one of my comfort characters. It also starts with the same letter as my old name so I didn't have to change my initials! It's also just the letter j spelled out. Don't worry about finding the perfect name right away! (I know I cycled through a couple before I settled) If you still have trouble deciding, go by one for awhile and see if you like it when people call you by it!
wind_genderfluidbling_by_cicide76536-dcl7tyg.gifscroll.pngAdoptSign.png100_zeff_moff.png
I like both of those! I love the people who name themselves after letters or objects or characters, it's so much fun! I've been using a nickname I've had since birth as my name, it's already pretty gender neutral and people already use it more than my birth name (don't even have to out myself hehehehehe, take that transphobes (:< )

But also sometimes.....I just wanna go by Roswell s o b a d.......Or Chris.....Or something fun like Disco.....

I wish it was acceptable (and comprehensible) to change names frequently, I feel like different names can have their own gender to them and I want my gender to be that name lol. Right now my gender is Chris, but maybe tomorrow my gender will be Roswell!
I like both of those! I love the people who name themselves after letters or objects or characters, it's so much fun! I've been using a nickname I've had since birth as my name, it's already pretty gender neutral and people already use it more than my birth name (don't even have to out myself hehehehehe, take that transphobes (:< )

But also sometimes.....I just wanna go by Roswell s o b a d.......Or Chris.....Or something fun like Disco.....

I wish it was acceptable (and comprehensible) to change names frequently, I feel like different names can have their own gender to them and I want my gender to be that name lol. Right now my gender is Chris, but maybe tomorrow my gender will be Roswell!
RPMyHZU.pngMUYNhfy.pngRPMyHZU.png

WKtl2lb.pngUU9vIu2.pngkBHm00y.pngrix3ppo.png
I'm still personally deciding on my name, to be honest ^^ My friends certainly are helping quite a bit; they're incredibly sweet aha
I honestly just go with words I associate with my interests or "aesthetics", as a lot of the names I have considered lately have been related to those. "Off" is just what I go by for now, since it's short, sweet, and I can make a bunch of jokes with it.
I'm still personally deciding on my name, to be honest ^^ My friends certainly are helping quite a bit; they're incredibly sweet aha
I honestly just go with words I associate with my interests or "aesthetics", as a lot of the names I have considered lately have been related to those. "Off" is just what I go by for now, since it's short, sweet, and I can make a bunch of jokes with it.
kersplode
whimsicott.gif
i dont have a name irl i use since i'm still searching for one that feels right, but i've been using my current name (shortened down to tatzel and then just tatz over the years) online since.. 2005, the year hissi were released on neopets (!!). there was someone i shared a guild with, they got a hissi and painted him.. i cant remember but it was a rare colour, and named him tatzelwyrm. i liked the name so much, i asked them if i could use it for an account i was making on some roleplay site and they said yes. and.. i've been using the name since.

i have a set of names i cycle through for sites and typically reserve tatzelwyrm for more game-related stuff but i always go by tatz even today. sometimes i think i want to try another name but nothing feels as distinctly me and i fall back to tatz because that's comfortable and familiar.
i dont have a name irl i use since i'm still searching for one that feels right, but i've been using my current name (shortened down to tatzel and then just tatz over the years) online since.. 2005, the year hissi were released on neopets (!!). there was someone i shared a guild with, they got a hissi and painted him.. i cant remember but it was a rare colour, and named him tatzelwyrm. i liked the name so much, i asked them if i could use it for an account i was making on some roleplay site and they said yes. and.. i've been using the name since.

i have a set of names i cycle through for sites and typically reserve tatzelwyrm for more game-related stuff but i always go by tatz even today. sometimes i think i want to try another name but nothing feels as distinctly me and i fall back to tatz because that's comfortable and familiar.
!! i enjoy finch quite a bit, i think thats a really cool name !!

my old names initials are technically L.E, and with my accent when you say "LE" together really fast you get "Ellie" so i use that :) or ill go by the letters. this has the added advantage of people irl trying to call me by the correct name, cause its not far from my old name and i respond to "el" (L)

this naming strat probably wouldnt work for everyone tho, cause some peeps really dont enjoy their dead name, which is totally valid!! a big part of it is figuring out what symbolizes you as you, yknow? somthing that fits u as a human.

i wish you luck on your adventure to find a funky name that you feel comfortable in :) !!!
!! i enjoy finch quite a bit, i think thats a really cool name !!

my old names initials are technically L.E, and with my accent when you say "LE" together really fast you get "Ellie" so i use that :) or ill go by the letters. this has the added advantage of people irl trying to call me by the correct name, cause its not far from my old name and i respond to "el" (L)

this naming strat probably wouldnt work for everyone tho, cause some peeps really dont enjoy their dead name, which is totally valid!! a big part of it is figuring out what symbolizes you as you, yknow? somthing that fits u as a human.

i wish you luck on your adventure to find a funky name that you feel comfortable in :) !!!
Ellie/Any pronouns/chaotic neutral

If a post doesn't have :) its an imposter
1 2 3