Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | enbies of flight rising....
1 2 3
Lowkey emotional because of everyone telling me my name is cool while i dang well know i stole it from a fictional newsboy with a slingshot
Lowkey emotional because of everyone telling me my name is cool while i dang well know i stole it from a fictional newsboy with a slingshot
OWwMRKZ.png
a and finch are really good names!!

both of my names rn have pretty silly origins but i love them tbh
"soapy" came from a friend mispronouncing my deadname (this was before i changed my name), and so the next time they saw me they were all calling me that without telling me why at first and it stuck.
with another friend i was joking around about what the plural of "claus" would be and said "clai" because cactus --> cacti. "clai" sounded familiar, i looked it up and it actually WAS a real name, and gender neutral too, so i took it!
although i've been questioning my name again recently,,, i like the other two but i'm only like 99.9% sure they fit me. i'm thiiiis close to stealing names from some favorite video game characters of mine.
a and finch are really good names!!

both of my names rn have pretty silly origins but i love them tbh
"soapy" came from a friend mispronouncing my deadname (this was before i changed my name), and so the next time they saw me they were all calling me that without telling me why at first and it stuck.
with another friend i was joking around about what the plural of "claus" would be and said "clai" because cactus --> cacti. "clai" sounded familiar, i looked it up and it actually WAS a real name, and gender neutral too, so i took it!
although i've been questioning my name again recently,,, i like the other two but i'm only like 99.9% sure they fit me. i'm thiiiis close to stealing names from some favorite video game characters of mine.
CAszu6o.png clai/mordecai/aether
fae/they
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx fqG5KmE.png
finch is pretty nice name, i think it looks good :)

"charley" was me just taking a name from someone that i admired and running off with it. i think it fits me nicely

"cobalt" was the name of someone who was involved in one of my longest interests, and i thought it fit me too, so i took it!
finch is pretty nice name, i think it looks good :)

"charley" was me just taking a name from someone that i admired and running off with it. i think it fits me nicely

"cobalt" was the name of someone who was involved in one of my longest interests, and i thought it fit me too, so i took it!
charley he/him
KZNPfqd.png
Finch is cool!

My friend gave me this nickname in a latin class.
In Piscinam mean 'in the fishpond'

Pisces in the fishpond :)
Finch is cool!

My friend gave me this nickname in a latin class.
In Piscinam mean 'in the fishpond'

Pisces in the fishpond :)
Orion - She/He/They - Abrosexual My Wishlist - Likes to drop random compliments - Always down for a roleplay - Will buy fodder primals (pm me if interested!)
IBp6F.gif
i stole my name (nikolai) from an anime character i happened to kin-- and made it my fr username because im a catboy
i stole my name (nikolai) from an anime character i happened to kin-- and made it my fr username because im a catboy
talk to me about vocaloid producers
finch is a wonderful name! i'm not enby, but i did steal my name! in the umbrella academy, there's a character named elliott & i decided i really liked his name

heavily considered (still might, things can always change) the following:
  • arthur (we happy few)
  • cecil (welcome to night vale)
  • cody
  • fawn (i really like deer okay)
  • henry
  • shiloh

there's probably more, but i have a terrible memory >~<
finch is a wonderful name! i'm not enby, but i did steal my name! in the umbrella academy, there's a character named elliott & i decided i really liked his name

heavily considered (still might, things can always change) the following:
  • arthur (we happy few)
  • cecil (welcome to night vale)
  • cody
  • fawn (i really like deer okay)
  • henry
  • shiloh

To echo everyone else on the thread, I have to agree that Finch is an amazing name!

I'm currently still decinding mine and trying to find something that fits, but nothing has really clicked yet. Most of the names that I have gone by though were stolen from characters in anime, cartoons, webcomics, and other media(Eridan, Sebastian, N, E, etc.) I have also drawn from nature a few times too, really enjoyed the names Cascade and Crane for myself.

Currently, I'm trying out the name Graves.
To echo everyone else on the thread, I have to agree that Finch is an amazing name!

I'm currently still decinding mine and trying to find something that fits, but nothing has really clicked yet. Most of the names that I have gone by though were stolen from characters in anime, cartoons, webcomics, and other media(Eridan, Sebastian, N, E, etc.) I have also drawn from nature a few times too, really enjoyed the names Cascade and Crane for myself.

Currently, I'm trying out the name Graves.
daom3l7-a0e9d769-2c15-438e-b477-777b75bab85b.gif
[quote name="deersoup" date="2020-11-30 21:27:00" ] cecil (welcome to night vale) there's probably more, but i have a terrible memory >~< [/quote] [font=courier new]i go by kevin sometimes !! i stole. all of my names from fiction. all like 6 of them. michael, ignis, juno, kevin etc- imo it's fun to just have as many names as i want, and i take names from whoever i get attached / relate to.
deersoup wrote on 2020-11-30 21:27:00:
cecil (welcome to night vale)

i go by kevin sometimes !!

i stole. all of my names from fiction. all like 6 of them. michael, ignis, juno, kevin etc-
imo it's fun to just have as many names as i want, and i take names from whoever i get attached / relate to.
[CONSUME]
-
KYZER
IT/ITS
FR+3
.......................................................................................................PicsArt_10-14-12.46.37.png
finch is nice!! very cool name! i love bird names, i had a couple friends named wren and i have a friend who goes by robin!

my name is spencer! i found it when i realized i was trans when i was 12. i found it on a baby name website while looking for androgynous names. it stood out to me and it just stuck! i had considered a few others too like blake and caspar but spencer was always the name that just Felt Like Me. i love it very much. my middle name is rasmus because i really liked this finnish rock band called the rasmus and also it sounds like raspberry.

online i use the nicknames cat and violin :-) noun names are very good.

i love my name and i hope you find one that you love too! you don't have to just pick one and you don't have to feel bad if it doesn't stick especially right away. just take your time! good luck :-D
finch is nice!! very cool name! i love bird names, i had a couple friends named wren and i have a friend who goes by robin!

my name is spencer! i found it when i realized i was trans when i was 12. i found it on a baby name website while looking for androgynous names. it stood out to me and it just stuck! i had considered a few others too like blake and caspar but spencer was always the name that just Felt Like Me. i love it very much. my middle name is rasmus because i really liked this finnish rock band called the rasmus and also it sounds like raspberry.

online i use the nicknames cat and violin :-) noun names are very good.

i love my name and i hope you find one that you love too! you don't have to just pick one and you don't have to feel bad if it doesn't stick especially right away. just take your time! good luck :-D
z8Qo9nt.gif

spencer - they/he/ix - fr +1
aahhh to be honest i'm still not 100% sure if i'm actually nb, but i've been half considering going by mantis irl instead of just online

there's a bunch of unrelated factors that led to me picking it, but it's mainly because i just. think praying mantises are neat. anyway i named my character mantis in a video game and really vibed with it, so now it's just kind of my name haha

and i agree with everyone else here, finch is a lovely name :)
aahhh to be honest i'm still not 100% sure if i'm actually nb, but i've been half considering going by mantis irl instead of just online

there's a bunch of unrelated factors that led to me picking it, but it's mainly because i just. think praying mantises are neat. anyway i named my character mantis in a video game and really vibed with it, so now it's just kind of my name haha

and i agree with everyone else here, finch is a lovely name :)
an animated feraligatr sprite from pokemon crystal > call me mantis
> they / she
> fr +2
> art dump
w the nonbinary flag and the word nonbinary
the asexual flag and the word asexual
the lesbian flag and the word lesbian
free buttons
ee > reply hazy,
try again... blinking_cursor.gif
1 2 3