Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | so. hetalia in 2021.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="Svecounia72" date="2020-10-23 16:06:24" ] You heard it here, folks. The cursed country anime is making a comeback in the year of our lord 2021. [/quote] OK I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS A THING AND I AM SO ABSOLUTELY EXCITED [i]WHAT THE HECK HOW DID I NOT HEAR ABOUT THIS-[/i] [quote] I was never into it and frankly dread what a new generation of fans will bring. [/quote] I'm sure there's probably a lot of people who feel this way- I know the Hetalia fandom has a bad rap nowadays (and it does deserve it, for the most part) but I really hope things won't get that bad. At the very least, I'm excited for more Hetalia! It's such a fun series :D edit: saw this and wanted to reply [quote] threatening Hetalia fans with death and torture than Hetalia fans actually being Certified Dangerous Fans (TM) [/quote] i've had mostly the same experience. i've heard some of those fandom horror stories and yeah, they were REALLY BAD but i feel like the people doing that are a lot more few and far between and it's more of the Big Fandom Effect, where when a fandom gets bigger you get crazy fans who do bad things and it taints the whole fandom's image. i don't actually know though! I might just have found my way into good circles, but that's my two cents
Svecounia72 wrote on 2020-10-23 16:06:24:
You heard it here, folks. The cursed country anime is making a comeback in the year of our lord 2021.
OK I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS A THING AND I AM SO ABSOLUTELY EXCITED WHAT THE HECK HOW DID I NOT HEAR ABOUT THIS-
Quote:
I was never into it and frankly dread what a new generation of fans will bring.
I'm sure there's probably a lot of people who feel this way- I know the Hetalia fandom has a bad rap nowadays (and it does deserve it, for the most part) but I really hope things won't get that bad. At the very least, I'm excited for more Hetalia! It's such a fun series :D

edit: saw this and wanted to reply
Quote:
threatening Hetalia fans with death and torture than Hetalia fans actually being Certified Dangerous Fans (TM)
i've had mostly the same experience. i've heard some of those fandom horror stories and yeah, they were REALLY BAD but i feel like the people doing that are a lot more few and far between and it's more of the Big Fandom Effect, where when a fandom gets bigger you get crazy fans who do bad things and it taints the whole fandom's image. i don't actually know though! I might just have found my way into good circles, but that's my two cents
PPbwVvH.png
:O Hetalia fans on Flight Rising? I seriously didn't expect this!

But anyways, I'm really excited for the new season! I've been re-reading the manga and re-watching the anime ^^ I just hope the fandom doesn't get as toxic as it was in the past.
:O Hetalia fans on Flight Rising? I seriously didn't expect this!

But anyways, I'm really excited for the new season! I've been re-reading the manga and re-watching the anime ^^ I just hope the fandom doesn't get as toxic as it was in the past.
1dguu_IKpr_Ds_S6_ETJ.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifnightwolf
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifintp
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifpronoun indifferent
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.giffr+3

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifmy hatchery!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifmy lair
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifnesting grounds ^^
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifcredit
[quote] i've had mostly the same experience. i've heard some of those fandom horror stories and yeah, they were REALLY BAD but i feel like the people doing that are a lot more few and far between and it's more of the Big Fandom Effect, where when a fandom gets bigger you get crazy fans who do bad things and it taints the whole fandom's image. i don't actually know though! I might just have found my way into good circles, but that's my two cents[/quote] @pikitat Perhaps being in better/more obscure circles and/or luck plays a factor in your experience. For me, the moment after Hetalia got announced for 2021, the Discord server I’m in got raided, my mutuals got death threats and “perish bait”, and I got spammed with gore asks over on Tumblr. Same things happened on my Twitter mutuals and my own Twitter profile as well. Here to hoping the paper police will stop their gross harassment with the crapstorm that is 2020
Quote:
i've had mostly the same experience. i've heard some of those fandom horror stories and yeah, they were REALLY BAD but i feel like the people doing that are a lot more few and far between and it's more of the Big Fandom Effect, where when a fandom gets bigger you get crazy fans who do bad things and it taints the whole fandom's image. i don't actually know though! I might just have found my way into good circles, but that's my two cents

@pikitat
Perhaps being in better/more obscure circles and/or luck plays a factor in your experience. For me, the moment after Hetalia got announced for 2021, the Discord server I’m in got raided, my mutuals got death threats and “perish bait”, and I got spammed with gore asks over on Tumblr. Same things happened on my Twitter mutuals and my own Twitter profile as well.

Here to hoping the paper police will stop their gross harassment with the crapstorm that is 2020
I have always blindly followed behind you and stayed by your side, remember? May we embrace glory together, for back then we could not. Grant the proper end to those locked up here, and to yourself.
funny wimpy anthro countries anime
funny wimpy anthro countries anime
97vOhSz.png
I. Love. Hetalia.
I. Love. Hetalia.
g8T8XC2.png
Reviving a horribly dead board, but that's just cause I'd love to connect if peeps are still into it.

The fandom isn't half as bad as it used to be. I got into it in 2010 and can't leave, but I'm glad the peeps who stuck around aren't too terrible. It's been neat seeing some of the new art and new episodes. ;u; I'm not too worried about new fans joining, because the fandom is so much more careful now that I think the old fans will keep the newer ones in line.
Reviving a horribly dead board, but that's just cause I'd love to connect if peeps are still into it.

The fandom isn't half as bad as it used to be. I got into it in 2010 and can't leave, but I'm glad the peeps who stuck around aren't too terrible. It's been neat seeing some of the new art and new episodes. ;u; I'm not too worried about new fans joining, because the fandom is so much more careful now that I think the old fans will keep the newer ones in line.
@Octopus yeah, as a long-time member of the fandom I agree, it's a lot more careful these days.
@Octopus yeah, as a long-time member of the fandom I agree, it's a lot more careful these days.
tyEuRXe.png
5iXiC8z.png
ZTPHjAD.png
6YousWl.png
mlHpBMC.png
IPMR18o.png
74954242p.png
71417372p.png
I hoard Axolotls & Fancy Rats. Wishlist
[url=https://imgbb.com/][img]https://i.ibb.co/m6PHmwj/Steve.jpg[/img][/url] I feel the need to leave this here Enjoy [i]those[/i] memories [emoji=banescale laughing size=2]
Steve.jpg

I feel the need to leave this here

Enjoy those memories
For "I Know That Reference", all dragons (minus Level 25s & Fodders) are fandergs within my lair :)
I’m kinda proud to admit that I wasn’t into Hetalia at the time it was most popular, which is when I was in middle school.

I was however a filthy Homestuck fan so I’m not sure which is the better of two evils here.
I’m kinda proud to admit that I wasn’t into Hetalia at the time it was most popular, which is when I was in middle school.

I was however a filthy Homestuck fan so I’m not sure which is the better of two evils here.
flat,128x,075,f-pad,128x128,f8f8f8.jpg

filler
filler

filler
filler

tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o2_75sq.gif

Bri / she/they / 22
FR +3

tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o2_75sq.gif

filler
filler
I watched about 10 short episodes and couldn't get into it, especially with how it kept interrupting what little plot there was with random shenanigans. Looking at the fandom, I dodged a bullet.
I watched about 10 short episodes and couldn't get into it, especially with how it kept interrupting what little plot there was with random shenanigans. Looking at the fandom, I dodged a bullet.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7