Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | so. hetalia in 2021.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I never got the appeal tbh. It was really really boring to me. When I was younger some friends and I got together and we watched it and I was silently thinking "how is this entertaining??" the whole time.

I never got the appeal tbh. It was really really boring to me. When I was younger some friends and I got together and we watched it and I was silently thinking "how is this entertaining??" the whole time.

cDDSaqc.png
god I actually unironically love that show. like. ignore the fandom, the show itself is funny and has good vibes. and taught me things. stereotypes are bad but also that's literally what the show was about! nonetheless, I'm hyped for the new season
god I actually unironically love that show. like. ignore the fandom, the show itself is funny and has good vibes. and taught me things. stereotypes are bad but also that's literally what the show was about! nonetheless, I'm hyped for the new season
lp5liu.png
Hetalia? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Memes aside, I really liked Hetalia when I was younger. I cosplayed as variations of China to conventions (male, nyo, 2p, and chessverse) and own a decent amount of merch. It was fun. The fandom was whack, though, like, Undertale and FNAF whack.

I say that, but I'll probably still watch it when it comes out and make fanart and whatnot. I'm in college, so getting back into stuff that I liked as a kid is my jam right now.
Hetalia? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Memes aside, I really liked Hetalia when I was younger. I cosplayed as variations of China to conventions (male, nyo, 2p, and chessverse) and own a decent amount of merch. It was fun. The fandom was whack, though, like, Undertale and FNAF whack.

I say that, but I'll probably still watch it when it comes out and make fanart and whatnot. I'm in college, so getting back into stuff that I liked as a kid is my jam right now.
CxEBf1c.png K • A • I • X • I • N
Hatchery_____Art Shop
Tumblr----_-_-Draw Your Lair
Clan Lore
Hey, as much as I absolutely despise Hetalia (due to some of the elements and the fandom)
(ok i dont hate it but i don't like it either.)

You gotta admit tho

Russia and Canada are adorable

I never really got into it, just a few episodes here and there, and I'm mostly reluctant to talk about it purely because I don't want to be picked on for a very controversial show.

However, this won't stop me from liking Russia and Canada. They're cute.

Edit:
YOU KNOW WHAT
I promised myself the other day that I would stop following what other people want me to follow. I'm going to watch what I want, like what I want, eat what I want, breathe what I want and no one can tell me otherwise. So, (God help me on this) I'm gonna watch Hetalia.
(mostly didn't watch it because one of my friends is very....argumentative....about anything that involves certain topics and i've already been yelled at once for pointing out a flaw in an argument.)
Hey, as much as I absolutely despise Hetalia (due to some of the elements and the fandom)
(ok i dont hate it but i don't like it either.)

You gotta admit tho

Russia and Canada are adorable

I never really got into it, just a few episodes here and there, and I'm mostly reluctant to talk about it purely because I don't want to be picked on for a very controversial show.

However, this won't stop me from liking Russia and Canada. They're cute.

Edit:
YOU KNOW WHAT
I promised myself the other day that I would stop following what other people want me to follow. I'm going to watch what I want, like what I want, eat what I want, breathe what I want and no one can tell me otherwise. So, (God help me on this) I'm gonna watch Hetalia.
(mostly didn't watch it because one of my friends is very....argumentative....about anything that involves certain topics and i've already been yelled at once for pointing out a flaw in an argument.)
i watched maybe 5 minutes of a single episode of hetalia 10 years ago when it was really popular and it made me go haha yikes and i never ever touched it again

not super stoked that it's coming back
i watched maybe 5 minutes of a single episode of hetalia 10 years ago when it was really popular and it made me go haha yikes and i never ever touched it again

not super stoked that it's coming back
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
[ S ]

We were very into it in middle school. I think we were more into the fangames than anything, we were big into HetaOni. The interest died down by the time we reached High School and now we're not into it at all. I don't think it was that good in retrospect.

We probably won't revisit the show. We'd fall into that hyperfixation train right away and I'm not sure how we could take hyperfixating on anime countries again.
[ S ]

We were very into it in middle school. I think we were more into the fangames than anything, we were big into HetaOni. The interest died down by the time we reached High School and now we're not into it at all. I don't think it was that good in retrospect.

We probably won't revisit the show. We'd fall into that hyperfixation train right away and I'm not sure how we could take hyperfixating on anime countries again.
I have no clue what this is. And since it’s not gorey action anime I may never know. If blood doesn’t flow like it does in Bleach. I’m good.

Plus. After warriors. I never touch fandoms with this much of a warning label. Seriously. Avoid it guys. The fandom is a level of toxic that in a hand called Aninal Jan they would ruin every role players say who didn’t do what they wanted.

They also were annoying with fancy doctor like terms for everything. Orbs are big eyes. (The trauma is real...)
I have no clue what this is. And since it’s not gorey action anime I may never know. If blood doesn’t flow like it does in Bleach. I’m good.

Plus. After warriors. I never touch fandoms with this much of a warning label. Seriously. Avoid it guys. The fandom is a level of toxic that in a hand called Aninal Jan they would ruin every role players say who didn’t do what they wanted.

They also were annoying with fancy doctor like terms for everything. Orbs are big eyes. (The trauma is real...)
TBD
I've been in the Hetalia fandom for a year now, and I thought the fandom was super chill. But, I will admit, the chillness of the fandom was due to most of the people hanging out there years after the end of the show where older fans looking for nostalgia, and there was only a very small community of new people. I honestly dread the revival... mostly because with new fans, and with all bigger fandoms, people get very... hyped? In a bad way though. The chill atmosphere is already going away =/
I hope Hetalia doesn't return to what it was in the early days. I've only heard the horror stories, but dang... it sounded hecka toxic back then.
I've been in the Hetalia fandom for a year now, and I thought the fandom was super chill. But, I will admit, the chillness of the fandom was due to most of the people hanging out there years after the end of the show where older fans looking for nostalgia, and there was only a very small community of new people. I honestly dread the revival... mostly because with new fans, and with all bigger fandoms, people get very... hyped? In a bad way though. The chill atmosphere is already going away =/
I hope Hetalia doesn't return to what it was in the early days. I've only heard the horror stories, but dang... it sounded hecka toxic back then.
def8448f09712757a93bef7f7671cdc41b7f5f96_00.jpg
Thank gods I've never seen anything horrendous. The show itself still holds a special place in my heart.
Thank gods I've never seen anything horrendous. The show itself still holds a special place in my heart.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Honestly, I am really stoked. That is a name I haven’t heard in years and that show helped me survive high school bullies. That is enough for me to remember it fondly.

Also, if we’re talking about the bad reputation...

I’ll be frank and I see more people actually threatening Hetalia fans with death and torture than Hetalia fans actually being Certified Dangerous Fans (TM). Over the social media I frequent, such as Tumblr and Twitter, butthole people and their cliques send triggering images, abuse threats in that nature or just plain cruelty, harass and create false callouts, deplatform artists under the guise of fighting against certain historical cruelties (when seen by people not in fandoms in general) being repeated again while all it is is just “you like Hetalia so nobody likes you just freaking perish”

The show has problematic elements but certainly the fans is not really one of them imo
Honestly, I am really stoked. That is a name I haven’t heard in years and that show helped me survive high school bullies. That is enough for me to remember it fondly.

Also, if we’re talking about the bad reputation...

I’ll be frank and I see more people actually threatening Hetalia fans with death and torture than Hetalia fans actually being Certified Dangerous Fans (TM). Over the social media I frequent, such as Tumblr and Twitter, butthole people and their cliques send triggering images, abuse threats in that nature or just plain cruelty, harass and create false callouts, deplatform artists under the guise of fighting against certain historical cruelties (when seen by people not in fandoms in general) being repeated again while all it is is just “you like Hetalia so nobody likes you just freaking perish”

The show has problematic elements but certainly the fans is not really one of them imo
I have always blindly followed behind you and stayed by your side, remember? May we embrace glory together, for back then we could not. Grant the proper end to those locked up here, and to yourself.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7