Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What is your backpack decorated with?
1 2 3 4 5
I recently got a new backpack for university/daily use. I've always liked having some sort of keychain or other trinket hanging off of it as an identifier that it's mine, especially in the chance that someone else has the same bag. However right now I just cannot choose what decoration I want to buy.

There is so much variety and I'm so indecisive. I mean that as in like, I've been looking at keychains for the past 3 days haha. I can't decide if I want plush or not, big or small, cute or cool... I wish I could just buy 10 of them but my wallet doesn't agree and realistically, I'd be too lazy to switch them out all the time.

I also have some pins that I would love to stick on, but I'm a bit worried they'll gradually fall off with everyday use and I won't notice until they're gone.

Does anyone want to share how they've decorated their backpack? ((And is having an extremely cute plush keychain on a backpack too childish for a 27-year-old :X))
I recently got a new backpack for university/daily use. I've always liked having some sort of keychain or other trinket hanging off of it as an identifier that it's mine, especially in the chance that someone else has the same bag. However right now I just cannot choose what decoration I want to buy.

There is so much variety and I'm so indecisive. I mean that as in like, I've been looking at keychains for the past 3 days haha. I can't decide if I want plush or not, big or small, cute or cool... I wish I could just buy 10 of them but my wallet doesn't agree and realistically, I'd be too lazy to switch them out all the time.

I also have some pins that I would love to stick on, but I'm a bit worried they'll gradually fall off with everyday use and I won't notice until they're gone.

Does anyone want to share how they've decorated their backpack? ((And is having an extremely cute plush keychain on a backpack too childish for a 27-year-old :X))
jUthK4t.png
I recently got a new backpack but the material it's made of is too tough to hold most pins, so it only has keychains on the zippers at the moment.

I have a Ganache from Neko Atsume keychain, a souvenir keychain of a cute little glowworm from the Waitomo glowworm caves that my mom got me when she went to New Zealand, and a watermelon Steven enamel keychain I got as part of a trade at a comic con I was vending at.

I used to have a couple of McDonald's Neopets plush keychains on my backpack, but I'd have to replace the little plastic hang tag they came with in order to get them to fit on my new one, since the plastic hang tag won't close properly on the new zipper and I would risk losing the keychain.
I recently got a new backpack but the material it's made of is too tough to hold most pins, so it only has keychains on the zippers at the moment.

I have a Ganache from Neko Atsume keychain, a souvenir keychain of a cute little glowworm from the Waitomo glowworm caves that my mom got me when she went to New Zealand, and a watermelon Steven enamel keychain I got as part of a trade at a comic con I was vending at.

I used to have a couple of McDonald's Neopets plush keychains on my backpack, but I'd have to replace the little plastic hang tag they came with in order to get them to fit on my new one, since the plastic hang tag won't close properly on the new zipper and I would risk losing the keychain.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
I don't really keep pins on my backpack (paranoid they'll fall off) but I do have a keychain with a game emblem on it (no idea what it's from, just know it's a bethesda game and the emblem is a sword with wings and gears in the back) and one of those little stuffed animal giftcard holders you get at Chapters.

My satchel, on the other hand, is completely decked out in WWF pins (animals of the world, I lost the moose, jaguar and whale), Alastor pin and some misc pins that I found.
I don't really keep pins on my backpack (paranoid they'll fall off) but I do have a keychain with a game emblem on it (no idea what it's from, just know it's a bethesda game and the emblem is a sword with wings and gears in the back) and one of those little stuffed animal giftcard holders you get at Chapters.

My satchel, on the other hand, is completely decked out in WWF pins (animals of the world, I lost the moose, jaguar and whale), Alastor pin and some misc pins that I found.
- a few pins. i don't tend to spend money on them, but if it falls into my possession in one way or another it goes on the backpack

- a plastic squid i got from a gatchapon machine... it sparks joy

- an omamori for good mental health! it expired like two years ago but i live in america so i think i can be forgiven for that... i'll burn it and buy a new one the next time i go to japan

- some hello kitty charms uwu.. the one on my backpack is dressed like a penguin and the one on my water bottle is dressed like an anesthesiologist
- a few pins. i don't tend to spend money on them, but if it falls into my possession in one way or another it goes on the backpack

- a plastic squid i got from a gatchapon machine... it sparks joy

- an omamori for good mental health! it expired like two years ago but i live in america so i think i can be forgiven for that... i'll burn it and buy a new one the next time i go to japan

- some hello kitty charms uwu.. the one on my backpack is dressed like a penguin and the one on my water bottle is dressed like an anesthesiologist
hikaru
22 • he/him • eng/jpn • fr+3

click here for a random bird
________
This is perfect, since I just redecorated my backpack and spent hours doing so.

Many pins:
-A Ravenclaw pin.
-A spacey one that says "INFP". I made it (which is what took so long) and attached it with a paperclip that I twisted meticulously to work.
-Another galactic pin.
-A black crescent moon that says "I think I made you up inside my head".
-Half of a brain and half of a heart.
-One that says "I'd rather be reading".
-Some Edgar Allan Poe pins.

Also, I wrote (in runes) on the front "Maybe I'm hiding behind metaphor", which is from a song (Four by Sleeping At Last).

I also attached a paperclip that I think looks good on it. I really like office supplies for some reason. No one has seen it though, because of quarantine.
This is perfect, since I just redecorated my backpack and spent hours doing so.

Many pins:
-A Ravenclaw pin.
-A spacey one that says "INFP". I made it (which is what took so long) and attached it with a paperclip that I twisted meticulously to work.
-Another galactic pin.
-A black crescent moon that says "I think I made you up inside my head".
-Half of a brain and half of a heart.
-One that says "I'd rather be reading".
-Some Edgar Allan Poe pins.

Also, I wrote (in runes) on the front "Maybe I'm hiding behind metaphor", which is from a song (Four by Sleeping At Last).

I also attached a paperclip that I think looks good on it. I really like office supplies for some reason. No one has seen it though, because of quarantine.
xxxxxx dTi4eBQ.png
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
x
She/They | FR+0 | [theme]

00111100 00110011 00100001

tutant meenage neetle teetles
x
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
7tXS7Wb.png
- A TARDIS patch that I sewed on (my backpack is galaxy print so it looks super cool)
- a HTTYD button that has Toothless and the Light Fury in a yin and yang shape with a galaxy overlay
- a SPOP button with a stylized, rainbow version of the hologram-style She-ra glyph that Light Hope shows Adora early on
- a button that's just a simple cat emoji on a galaxy background
- an amethyst cluster enamel pin, it's sparkly in places and transparent in places
- a green and purple dragon enamel pin, one of the bigger ones with two posts
- an asexual pride flag enamel pin

I'm extremely paranoid I'm going to lose them because I've already lost an enamel pin and a button but also, if I don't put them on my backpack I'm not going to put them anywhere but a drawer and they deserve to be displayed. All of the buttons are currently held on with safety pins and it looks really bad but it's more secure.

Plush keychains are not childish! I personally dislike them because they get really dirty and it's hard to clean anything stuffed with synthetic stuffing, but they're super adorable and if you like them, go for it! Please never think that you shouldn't like something because you're "too old" for it.
- A TARDIS patch that I sewed on (my backpack is galaxy print so it looks super cool)
- a HTTYD button that has Toothless and the Light Fury in a yin and yang shape with a galaxy overlay
- a SPOP button with a stylized, rainbow version of the hologram-style She-ra glyph that Light Hope shows Adora early on
- a button that's just a simple cat emoji on a galaxy background
- an amethyst cluster enamel pin, it's sparkly in places and transparent in places
- a green and purple dragon enamel pin, one of the bigger ones with two posts
- an asexual pride flag enamel pin

I'm extremely paranoid I'm going to lose them because I've already lost an enamel pin and a button but also, if I don't put them on my backpack I'm not going to put them anywhere but a drawer and they deserve to be displayed. All of the buttons are currently held on with safety pins and it looks really bad but it's more secure.

Plush keychains are not childish! I personally dislike them because they get really dirty and it's hard to clean anything stuffed with synthetic stuffing, but they're super adorable and if you like them, go for it! Please never think that you shouldn't like something because you're "too old" for it.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
My bag is too tough for pins, but I've got a couple keychains! I've taken most off, but at the moment I've got a rhinestone-decorated peafowl and chicken! I plan to make a Wind emblem with epoxy, but I haven't started yet.
My bag is too tough for pins, but I've got a couple keychains! I've taken most off, but at the moment I've got a rhinestone-decorated peafowl and chicken! I plan to make a Wind emblem with epoxy, but I haven't started yet.
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
I put cute enamel pines on mine! I tried to keep the number of pins down, but it's hard not to just want to collect all the ones I see. Most of the ones I have are from a site called "Sugar Bunny Shop" because I love vintage MLP and Cottagecore. :)

I make sure that I get pins with two posts on the back, which really works to make them more stable and harder to pull or tear off. The only one that has a single post is superglued.
I put cute enamel pines on mine! I tried to keep the number of pins down, but it's hard not to just want to collect all the ones I see. Most of the ones I have are from a site called "Sugar Bunny Shop" because I love vintage MLP and Cottagecore. :)

I make sure that I get pins with two posts on the back, which really works to make them more stable and harder to pull or tear off. The only one that has a single post is superglued.
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
I haven't needed a backpack in a long time, but I do have one to carry my laptop so I have:
-A little pocket medic keychain
-a miku lanyard that wraps around
-a elmo flavor town/Guy Fieri pin (yes that's a real thing and it's g r e a t)
-some Nightmare before pins (and a tiny jack keychain)
-and a rainbow flag pin!

I too am paranoid I will loose them or they'll just fall off (like some i liked did in the past) So i try not to put a lot on it,,
I haven't needed a backpack in a long time, but I do have one to carry my laptop so I have:
-A little pocket medic keychain
-a miku lanyard that wraps around
-a elmo flavor town/Guy Fieri pin (yes that's a real thing and it's g r e a t)
-some Nightmare before pins (and a tiny jack keychain)
-and a rainbow flag pin!

I too am paranoid I will loose them or they'll just fall off (like some i liked did in the past) So i try not to put a lot on it,,
ComicFury
Webtoon
Insta
WeH76wq.png
Somebody got me a button with this picture on it because my nickname is Bunny: [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b1/81/1b/b1811b7dc5833be25fe54f3bc15312a8.jpg[/img] There are also a few random Harry Potter, Doctor Who and Star Wars pins, buttons and patches on various areas, as well as a few random anime and Japanese superhero keychains from gachas that friends have picked up for me or sent to me on the loops where the strap clips on (it isn't a backpack, but a book bag type of bag).
Somebody got me a button with this picture on it because my nickname is Bunny:

b1811b7dc5833be25fe54f3bc15312a8.jpg

There are also a few random Harry Potter, Doctor Who and Star Wars pins, buttons and patches on various areas, as well as a few random anime and Japanese superhero keychains from gachas that friends have picked up for me or sent to me on the loops where the strap clips on (it isn't a backpack, but a book bag type of bag).
Formerly known as Brenning.
1 2 3 4 5