Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Frozen 2 Was Not Good
1 2 3 4
Only good thing out of the movie was 'Into the Unknown's' male cover.
Only good thing out of the movie was 'Into the Unknown's' male cover.
Frozen 1 wasnt good either
Frozen 1 wasnt good either
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
YES. tangled is very much superior imo ; and tangled's music hit different, i sang that obscure healing song for months on end when i was younger ;;

i guess i didn't get the hype of the first movie even though i was way too young to judge movies very much, and this one was not bad or very hard to watch ? although some parts were def. uncomfortable for me (idk the elsa anna and anna olaf relationship made me really uncomfortable??) did like the lost in the woods simply because it was hilarious, and the music was not bad! did obsess over the trailer (+ trailer music) though, and as you said, gorgeous animation. just imo not the best movie i've seen

YES. tangled is very much superior imo ; and tangled's music hit different, i sang that obscure healing song for months on end when i was younger ;;

i guess i didn't get the hype of the first movie even though i was way too young to judge movies very much, and this one was not bad or very hard to watch ? although some parts were def. uncomfortable for me (idk the elsa anna and anna olaf relationship made me really uncomfortable??) did like the lost in the woods simply because it was hilarious, and the music was not bad! did obsess over the trailer (+ trailer music) though, and as you said, gorgeous animation. just imo not the best movie i've seen

uzBJ98z.png n hfdjsaa
aaVNO5chn.png
Honestly Olaf's funny commentary MADE that movie work. Ish. Anna was annoying as all ****. The boyband part with Christoff and the reindeer was sooooo cringe. I have wayyy too many questions.
If Elsa's the ice spirit where'd the ice spirit before her go? Like her mom was a kid and knew about an ice spirit and Elsa wasn't even a THOUGHT.
If the spirits shut off the forest how did the dad and the mom get out?
WHY DID ELSA LEAVE ANNA IN CHARGE? SHE HAS SHOWN ZERO MATURITY TO BE QUEEN WHATSOEVER.
On top of that why did Disney UNDO the first movie's plot which was to have Elsa fit in with her family and make her suddenly unable to function within that family unit?
Also, just now, why did Arendel(or however you spell it) have to get destroyed by the dam's flood to make the spirits happy? The guy responsible for the betrayal up and died. It just... it makes the writer in me hurt.
Honestly Olaf's funny commentary MADE that movie work. Ish. Anna was annoying as all ****. The boyband part with Christoff and the reindeer was sooooo cringe. I have wayyy too many questions.
If Elsa's the ice spirit where'd the ice spirit before her go? Like her mom was a kid and knew about an ice spirit and Elsa wasn't even a THOUGHT.
If the spirits shut off the forest how did the dad and the mom get out?
WHY DID ELSA LEAVE ANNA IN CHARGE? SHE HAS SHOWN ZERO MATURITY TO BE QUEEN WHATSOEVER.
On top of that why did Disney UNDO the first movie's plot which was to have Elsa fit in with her family and make her suddenly unable to function within that family unit?
Also, just now, why did Arendel(or however you spell it) have to get destroyed by the dam's flood to make the spirits happy? The guy responsible for the betrayal up and died. It just... it makes the writer in me hurt.
in7SefG.png
Agreeing that Tangled is much better, and deserved all of the hype that Frozen got and more.

Yeah, Frozen II... my main problem with it was how rushed the plot seemed. I found that the whole idea was very interesting and had a lot of potential, what with the different spirits. But it was poorly executed and didn't really,,, highlight the importance of those spirits, nor did they have any impact in the story besides the lizard setting the forest on fire and the horse taking Elsa to the island after getting ??? angry at her for some reason or smth???? (I feel like we needed more explanation behind that lmao).

The animation was beautifully done. But it was missing a lot of plot, and what plot it did have was confusing, rushed, and bordering on uncreative. They had good ideas, but did not expand on them at all, instead sticking to the same recycled plots I feel like we see a lot in media. I also thought the music was great (besides Into the Unknown being sung,, way better by Brendon Urie than by Indina Menzel; no offense to her, she's an incredible vocalist, but that song just did not work for her), but the way they worked the soundtrack into the movie was just,,,, choppy??? The musical numbers always felt thrown in at the last moment, and as if they were being used to cover up the minimal amount of plot they had.

They had good ideas. The animation was wonderfully done. But they made this sequel as a cash grab; the first movie was great as a standalone and did not need a sequel, but Disney decided to capitalize on the popularity that the first movie garnered to make even more of a profit. It's not like it's something that I cant stand to watch, it's just,,, an unfortunate outcome of something that had a lot of potential.
Agreeing that Tangled is much better, and deserved all of the hype that Frozen got and more.

Yeah, Frozen II... my main problem with it was how rushed the plot seemed. I found that the whole idea was very interesting and had a lot of potential, what with the different spirits. But it was poorly executed and didn't really,,, highlight the importance of those spirits, nor did they have any impact in the story besides the lizard setting the forest on fire and the horse taking Elsa to the island after getting ??? angry at her for some reason or smth???? (I feel like we needed more explanation behind that lmao).

The animation was beautifully done. But it was missing a lot of plot, and what plot it did have was confusing, rushed, and bordering on uncreative. They had good ideas, but did not expand on them at all, instead sticking to the same recycled plots I feel like we see a lot in media. I also thought the music was great (besides Into the Unknown being sung,, way better by Brendon Urie than by Indina Menzel; no offense to her, she's an incredible vocalist, but that song just did not work for her), but the way they worked the soundtrack into the movie was just,,,, choppy??? The musical numbers always felt thrown in at the last moment, and as if they were being used to cover up the minimal amount of plot they had.

They had good ideas. The animation was wonderfully done. But they made this sequel as a cash grab; the first movie was great as a standalone and did not need a sequel, but Disney decided to capitalize on the popularity that the first movie garnered to make even more of a profit. It's not like it's something that I cant stand to watch, it's just,,, an unfortunate outcome of something that had a lot of potential.
9CxYF0H.png
Agreeing with everyone that said Tangled was better!

I really tried to like Frozen, but it was just so poorly written that I couldn't. It was so obvious to me that they'd changed their mind about the plotline and rewrote it halfway through, because the storyline was just a mess of different ideas that never really came together in a coherent way. So since the first one was so awful, I'm not going to waste money on the second one.

Tangled, on the other hand, was a well-plotted story that made sense. It knew what it was trying to do, and it did it well, while also being beautiful to look at and to listen to.
Agreeing with everyone that said Tangled was better!

I really tried to like Frozen, but it was just so poorly written that I couldn't. It was so obvious to me that they'd changed their mind about the plotline and rewrote it halfway through, because the storyline was just a mess of different ideas that never really came together in a coherent way. So since the first one was so awful, I'm not going to waste money on the second one.

Tangled, on the other hand, was a well-plotted story that made sense. It knew what it was trying to do, and it did it well, while also being beautiful to look at and to listen to.
@variian

I can very MUCH agree with you that Frozen 2 wasn't good.
@variian

I can very MUCH agree with you that Frozen 2 wasn't good.
shh, the cows await us.
ezgif-7-5e62ce33b3fd.gif
Graphics are beautiful, and Show Yourself is a literally amazing song that's pretty much why I decided the movie was "fine", but overall...

Apart from that cool horse and the salamander, there's nothing really interesting about this one. Why are they in this magic forest again? What does this have to do with the first one, which had an actually decent plot? Why is Elsa staying there when, I dunno, she can do better with an actual kingdom than some foresty boys?

There's some stuff (show yourself is a good song) that makes it passable to watch, but it's...not that good. Should it exist? Well, it has more of a right to exist than some other sequels and pretty much all of the remakes, at least.

At least it's original and not remake #5 or wherever they're at.
Graphics are beautiful, and Show Yourself is a literally amazing song that's pretty much why I decided the movie was "fine", but overall...

Apart from that cool horse and the salamander, there's nothing really interesting about this one. Why are they in this magic forest again? What does this have to do with the first one, which had an actually decent plot? Why is Elsa staying there when, I dunno, she can do better with an actual kingdom than some foresty boys?

There's some stuff (show yourself is a good song) that makes it passable to watch, but it's...not that good. Should it exist? Well, it has more of a right to exist than some other sequels and pretty much all of the remakes, at least.

At least it's original and not remake #5 or wherever they're at.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
@Bronzewing

I agree, I was in love with the horse & the salamander! But other then that.. I didn't really like the movie, or I didn't enjoy..

It was fine.
@Bronzewing

I agree, I was in love with the horse & the salamander! But other then that.. I didn't really like the movie, or I didn't enjoy..

It was fine.
shh, the cows await us.
ezgif-7-5e62ce33b3fd.gif
So is the fifth element ice and isn't that just different water. Is frozen 3 going to have a villain who controls the forbidden sixth element: water vapor? The whole elemental aspect of this movie made no sense to me. This movie also made me detest olaf

I don't hate all the music though
So is the fifth element ice and isn't that just different water. Is frozen 3 going to have a villain who controls the forbidden sixth element: water vapor? The whole elemental aspect of this movie made no sense to me. This movie also made me detest olaf

I don't hate all the music though
fKJwbdW.png
1 2 3 4