Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | #SavePortia! (The Arcana)
1 2 3
@TwilightRising

You pulled me into the game, and then I got sucked into the fandom. Same thing lol uwu
@TwilightRising

You pulled me into the game, and then I got sucked into the fandom. Same thing lol uwu
this might just get me into the game. i don't know much about arcana but portia seems very cute and it makes me very sad that she and her writers are not getting supported as much as they should be!! i hope she can be saved!
this might just get me into the game. i don't know much about arcana but portia seems very cute and it makes me very sad that she and her writers are not getting supported as much as they should be!! i hope she can be saved!
kawaii_pastel_star_divider_by_miemie_chan3-d4e9j1k.gif
call me taro
he/him and pi/pika | fr time | art shop
kawaii_pastel_star_divider_by_miemie_chan3-d4e9j1k.gif
@ffloof

I think you should give it a shot, just to see. It’s not for everybody, but I do believe that it’s an amazing game. The characters and the story are good, too. And yeah. Portia’s adorable lol.

The Arcana is free to play. If you own an android, there’s a mod that you can download to get unlimited coins and keys (I think). Just thought I’d throw that out there.
@ffloof

I think you should give it a shot, just to see. It’s not for everybody, but I do believe that it’s an amazing game. The characters and the story are good, too. And yeah. Portia’s adorable lol.

The Arcana is free to play. If you own an android, there’s a mod that you can download to get unlimited coins and keys (I think). Just thought I’d throw that out there.
fLdYOuE.pngH0t7Ypl.png
HxcMlGn.pngMUYNhfy.png
tqGkHih.pngooGVh1T.png
2VtxnMX.pngQUIpVFE.png
rI18gRz.pngNlmYDAS.png
2o0TleX.pngijbUS1M.png
pixil-frame-09.pngpixil-frame-08.png
Personally, I love Portia's route. I didn't at all think she was getting hate up until the #SavePortia announcement was made.

Between all of the side routes, i'd prefer to see Lucio go instead of Portia. He just didn't live up to my expectations (or a lot of people's, just looking at some threads in the arcana's reddit). I was expecting some great villainy goat boy, not the dang man-baby we have.
Personally, I love Portia's route. I didn't at all think she was getting hate up until the #SavePortia announcement was made.

Between all of the side routes, i'd prefer to see Lucio go instead of Portia. He just didn't live up to my expectations (or a lot of people's, just looking at some threads in the arcana's reddit). I was expecting some great villainy goat boy, not the dang man-baby we have.
AH
I do too. If I had to pick a route to be dropped, it would be Lucio's. I did enjoy reading through his route though, but that was mainly because of Morga lol.

I'd have to say Portia and Julian's routes are my two favorites. I didn't think Portia was that interesting until I finished all other routes except Asra, and I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't. Didn't realize how much I relate to her until then.

But anyway. I doubt they'll drop Lucio, looking at all the fangirls out there.
I do too. If I had to pick a route to be dropped, it would be Lucio's. I did enjoy reading through his route though, but that was mainly because of Morga lol.

I'd have to say Portia and Julian's routes are my two favorites. I didn't think Portia was that interesting until I finished all other routes except Asra, and I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't. Didn't realize how much I relate to her until then.

But anyway. I doubt they'll drop Lucio, looking at all the fangirls out there.
fLdYOuE.pngH0t7Ypl.png
HxcMlGn.pngMUYNhfy.png
tqGkHih.pngooGVh1T.png
2VtxnMX.pngQUIpVFE.png
rI18gRz.pngNlmYDAS.png
2o0TleX.pngijbUS1M.png
I remember this game, still have it
I got it awhile back because a girl I liked at the time played it, and I remember sitting on an old, dust, yellow theater couch and playing Julian's route with her when we had spare time during our show, so safe to say it holds a fond memory in my heart
I really liked Portia, I hope she can be saved, might go and check out the game again, because man, I remember playing it with the girl and just feeling like I was in a different world with how wonderful the story was, maybe I’ll play a different route, check out Portia so the writer’s get the support they deserve
I remember this game, still have it
I got it awhile back because a girl I liked at the time played it, and I remember sitting on an old, dust, yellow theater couch and playing Julian's route with her when we had spare time during our show, so safe to say it holds a fond memory in my heart
I really liked Portia, I hope she can be saved, might go and check out the game again, because man, I remember playing it with the girl and just feeling like I was in a different world with how wonderful the story was, maybe I’ll play a different route, check out Portia so the writer’s get the support they deserve
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif
I can see why she's not as popular as the others. In the routes of the three big characters Julian, Asra, and Nadia, she's always had a happy ending one way or another. Nothing terrible happens to her so it's like you know, I'm not compelled to know more.

I know her route expands a lot on her character, and I like her, but that's my guess on why her route wasn't as popular. If she was one of the big three and took over Nadia, I definitely think her route would have easily beat out Nadia's.

Unfortunately, I can't bring myself to start a new route without finishing the last one, which is Lucio's. If I could drop a route in exchange for Portia's, I'd drop Muriel's route in a heartbeat. Nothing about him compels me to read his route, sorry to those who like Muriel. It's a toss up between Nadia and Muriel, didn't connect with either of em. Personally, Julian and Lucio's are the best routes.

Edit: There is also a lot of talk about Nix Hydra's flawed system which is why some people are resisting helping out. Scams and Nix Hydra's profit from merch, Kickstarter, and other routes are leaving people wondering why they can't just take the profit from a different route. These aren't my beliefs - just things people have mentioned that might bring light as to why people aren't so happy to help.
I can see why she's not as popular as the others. In the routes of the three big characters Julian, Asra, and Nadia, she's always had a happy ending one way or another. Nothing terrible happens to her so it's like you know, I'm not compelled to know more.

I know her route expands a lot on her character, and I like her, but that's my guess on why her route wasn't as popular. If she was one of the big three and took over Nadia, I definitely think her route would have easily beat out Nadia's.

Unfortunately, I can't bring myself to start a new route without finishing the last one, which is Lucio's. If I could drop a route in exchange for Portia's, I'd drop Muriel's route in a heartbeat. Nothing about him compels me to read his route, sorry to those who like Muriel. It's a toss up between Nadia and Muriel, didn't connect with either of em. Personally, Julian and Lucio's are the best routes.

Edit: There is also a lot of talk about Nix Hydra's flawed system which is why some people are resisting helping out. Scams and Nix Hydra's profit from merch, Kickstarter, and other routes are leaving people wondering why they can't just take the profit from a different route. These aren't my beliefs - just things people have mentioned that might bring light as to why people aren't so happy to help.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
@Rexcaliburr

I can see what you’re getting at, and I understand. I agree on Julian’s being one of the best routes. Lucio’s is one of my favorites, as well, though he’s at a tie with Portia’s.

Even though Portia IS the character that gets a lot of the happy endings, I wouldn’t say her story is all rainbows and butterflies. She struggles with trying to help the people she cares for, though sometimes she’s underestimated. Then again, that could just be me. But she does get a lot of the happy endings, so I can understand why her route wouldn’t be interesting to some.

I personally liked Muriel’s route, but I can see why it doesn’t interest you, and I’m not one of those over sensitive babies that gets offended when someone doesn’t agree with them. I respect that it’s your opinion.
@Rexcaliburr

I can see what you’re getting at, and I understand. I agree on Julian’s being one of the best routes. Lucio’s is one of my favorites, as well, though he’s at a tie with Portia’s.

Even though Portia IS the character that gets a lot of the happy endings, I wouldn’t say her story is all rainbows and butterflies. She struggles with trying to help the people she cares for, though sometimes she’s underestimated. Then again, that could just be me. But she does get a lot of the happy endings, so I can understand why her route wouldn’t be interesting to some.

I personally liked Muriel’s route, but I can see why it doesn’t interest you, and I’m not one of those over sensitive babies that gets offended when someone doesn’t agree with them. I respect that it’s your opinion.
fLdYOuE.pngH0t7Ypl.png
HxcMlGn.pngMUYNhfy.png
tqGkHih.pngooGVh1T.png
2VtxnMX.pngQUIpVFE.png
rI18gRz.pngNlmYDAS.png
2o0TleX.pngijbUS1M.png
@TwilightRising I definitely want to try her route but I can't bring myself to start something new when I'm not done with Lucio's route. I do hope Nix Hydra does not end her route early since it's backing out on a promise, especially to those who backed the kickstarter.
@TwilightRising I definitely want to try her route but I can't bring myself to start something new when I'm not done with Lucio's route. I do hope Nix Hydra does not end her route early since it's backing out on a promise, especially to those who backed the kickstarter.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
[quote name="TwilightRising" date="2020-03-31 22:09:56" ] I know right? I had a dream I was my apprentice and I took her to the National Peanut Festival in Alabama. I made her promise to ride the rides with me. She said yeah. I woke up before I got to the ride part ;-; I swear if I ever have a lucid dream I'm becoming my apprentice (his name is Theodore :3) and taking that woman to the Peanut Festival haha. I have a lot of weird dreams. It's not my fault qwq [/quote] I don’t know what this thread is about but I will say that I support your literal peanut festival-celebrating dreams. Keep on keeping on, trooper.
TwilightRising wrote on 2020-03-31 22:09:56:
I know right? I had a dream I was my apprentice and I took her to the National Peanut Festival in Alabama. I made her promise to ride the rides with me. She said yeah.

I woke up before I got to the ride part ;-; I swear if I ever have a lucid dream I'm becoming my apprentice (his name is Theodore :3) and taking that woman to the Peanut Festival haha.

I have a lot of weird dreams. It's not my fault qwq

I don’t know what this thread is about but I will say that I support your literal peanut festival-celebrating dreams. Keep on keeping on, trooper.
lJQFrFF.png ww7QpZEh_o.gif hey, i'm savato!
fgKwRJl7_o.gif he/him they/them ae/aer/aers
fgKwRJl7_o.gif FR time +0
fgKwRJl7_o.gif IKTR players: please click here!
1 2 3