Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Animal Crossing New Horizons
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
@Mediscoot

Thank you very much for the kindness! I believe I do actually have a few mushroom ones. I think the wreath and the table are two of them I have but would have to walk around my island and see if there are more. Also have a few stacks of mushrooms for crafting if you'd like some. I went a bit crazy during the mushroom season with collecting them because that set has always been one of my favorites.
@Mediscoot

Thank you very much for the kindness! I believe I do actually have a few mushroom ones. I think the wreath and the table are two of them I have but would have to walk around my island and see if there are more. Also have a few stacks of mushrooms for crafting if you'd like some. I went a bit crazy during the mushroom season with collecting them because that set has always been one of my favorites.
fireshield_divider3_by_starkindlerstudio-dajul4r.png[/ur
@FrostedKnight
Even just the table would be nice tbh, my luck was -200 all month and I literally only got the log and (my favorite) the lamp recipes!

Anything you know for sure you would like? I can gather them up
@FrostedKnight
Even just the table would be nice tbh, my luck was -200 all month and I literally only got the log and (my favorite) the lamp recipes!

Anything you know for sure you would like? I can gather them up
tumblr_paowz6ygV51s79fpho3_400.png Mediscoot's Projects and Quests
NPC Color Guide
Monthly Coliseum Challenge Thread
Big Book of FR Memes
Currently Questing:
Frigid fugitive shackles
[quote name="FrostedKnight" date="2021-01-05 18:17:13" ] @Euphora It's nice to see someone else who is still playing and that you are enjoying the game so far. I'm going to be restarting my island sometime this week because I want a fresh start but if you'd like you are more then welcome to come look through my spare DIY recipes. I've collected quite a few over the year because they were difficult (at least for me) ones to get but don't have anyone to give them to. Also have all the fruit if you ever need those. [/quote] That's really nice of you, thank you! I've never been to anyone else's island yet(mostly because I have no idea how yet lol), and I don't know if I have anything really besides pears and pansy flowers to give back. I just had Flick come to my island today, they're probably my favorite npc so far. I also have curlos the sheep visiting my campsite for a few days now-does it eventually change? Or am I stuck with curlos visiting until I accept him? I've been ignoring him since I was hoping for someone different
FrostedKnight wrote on 2021-01-05 18:17:13:
@Euphora

It's nice to see someone else who is still playing and that you are enjoying the game so far. I'm going to be restarting my island sometime this week because I want a fresh start but if you'd like you are more then welcome to come look through my spare DIY recipes. I've collected quite a few over the year because they were difficult (at least for me) ones to get but don't have anyone to give them to. Also have all the fruit if you ever need those.

That's really nice of you, thank you! I've never been to anyone else's island yet(mostly because I have no idea how yet lol), and I don't know if I have anything really besides pears and pansy flowers to give back.

I just had Flick come to my island today, they're probably my favorite npc so far. I also have curlos the sheep visiting my campsite for a few days now-does it eventually change? Or am I stuck with curlos visiting until I accept him? I've been ignoring him since I was hoping for someone different
FD1rkPC.png
@Euphora

It's perfectly fine if you don't have anything to give back, to be honest I wasn't expecting anything in return!And I can understand how confusing it can be to visit another island through took me a few tries to figure out myself and I'd be happy to help walk you through it all when you are ready to come over and get some welcome gifts. Think you do need to have the nintendo switch internet subscription to do so through.

Flick is probably one of my favorite npcs in the game as well. I really wish there was a way to obtain his net through, the black and spikes look so cool and I've been a bit jealous of it ever since I first saw him on my island.

As for the campsite, I believe if it's your first visitor to the campsite the game unfortunately forces you to take them in as a villager as part of a tutorial type thing. After that first initial visitor through you can choose to ignore them and different villagers will also come to visit it every so often. Once you get further into the game through you can go on little mystery island tours by purchasing a Nook Miles ticket from the terminal in the town square which can help you get some nice items and resources as well as let you hunt for a favorite villager as they will show up on these islands if you have a space available for a villager.

Hopefully I was able to help out a bit and sorry this reply is so long!
@Euphora

It's perfectly fine if you don't have anything to give back, to be honest I wasn't expecting anything in return!And I can understand how confusing it can be to visit another island through took me a few tries to figure out myself and I'd be happy to help walk you through it all when you are ready to come over and get some welcome gifts. Think you do need to have the nintendo switch internet subscription to do so through.

Flick is probably one of my favorite npcs in the game as well. I really wish there was a way to obtain his net through, the black and spikes look so cool and I've been a bit jealous of it ever since I first saw him on my island.

As for the campsite, I believe if it's your first visitor to the campsite the game unfortunately forces you to take them in as a villager as part of a tutorial type thing. After that first initial visitor through you can choose to ignore them and different villagers will also come to visit it every so often. Once you get further into the game through you can go on little mystery island tours by purchasing a Nook Miles ticket from the terminal in the town square which can help you get some nice items and resources as well as let you hunt for a favorite villager as they will show up on these islands if you have a space available for a villager.

Hopefully I was able to help out a bit and sorry this reply is so long!
Sounds great then! I do have a nintendo switch internet subscription, so I think I should be ok with that. And yeah, I just accepted Curlos since he stayed at the campsite everyday, so he's apart of the island(for now).

Also, fishing tournament is today! I feel like I didn't do great(caught 4 fish), but still getting used to the game. Maybe I'll catch more in the spring tournament! Anyone else do some fishing today?
Sounds great then! I do have a nintendo switch internet subscription, so I think I should be ok with that. And yeah, I just accepted Curlos since he stayed at the campsite everyday, so he's apart of the island(for now).

Also, fishing tournament is today! I feel like I didn't do great(caught 4 fish), but still getting used to the game. Maybe I'll catch more in the spring tournament! Anyone else do some fishing today?
FD1rkPC.png
@Euphora

That's perfect then! Let me know when you're able to come visit and we can set it up through DMs? had to postpone my restart for now. And Carlos should be easy enough to get rid of just wait for them to walk around with the little thinking bubble and ignore them while talking to everyone else on the island.

Had completely forgotten about the tournament coming up, may have to log back in for that one! Fishing was always one of my favorite activities to do in the game. Did manage to figure out a easy way to get a bunch of fish per round through and earned my silver trophy in the last one I did! Still can't seem to get higher then bronze in the bug off through. Any one have any tips for how to beat those? Really want to be able to get all the fish and bugs trophy in my next game whenever I restart.
@Euphora

That's perfect then! Let me know when you're able to come visit and we can set it up through DMs? had to postpone my restart for now. And Carlos should be easy enough to get rid of just wait for them to walk around with the little thinking bubble and ignore them while talking to everyone else on the island.

Had completely forgotten about the tournament coming up, may have to log back in for that one! Fishing was always one of my favorite activities to do in the game. Did manage to figure out a easy way to get a bunch of fish per round through and earned my silver trophy in the last one I did! Still can't seem to get higher then bronze in the bug off through. Any one have any tips for how to beat those? Really want to be able to get all the fish and bugs trophy in my next game whenever I restart.
Went to another island for the first time yesterday, it was great! I visited FrostedKnight's island, got a whole bunch of stuff thanks to them. My island still has a long way to go(still have yet to kick out tod, curlos, and now winnie), but I'll get there-eventually lmao
Went to another island for the first time yesterday, it was great! I visited FrostedKnight's island, got a whole bunch of stuff thanks to them. My island still has a long way to go(still have yet to kick out tod, curlos, and now winnie), but I'll get there-eventually lmao
FD1rkPC.png
@Romaki

I have been having the same issue with my original island. One of the things that helped me in the past through was finding a theme and sticking to it (something I have always struggled with). For example if you are a fan of natural looks maybe try decorating a section of the island with some of the flower diys and create a little flower wonderland and use the classic dirt pathways with some custom stone stepping stones. Or for a more populated less wild look could go with the theme of a city, add in some streetlights and benches and add a path to make it look like a road going along the island. If you still need a little motivation I've also found that a quick peek around others islands through the dream feature has helped me greatly in finding some cool decorating ideas.

Hopefully I was able to help out even if it's just a little bit. And if you need any additional help feel free to dm me or ping me here in the forums.
@Romaki

I have been having the same issue with my original island. One of the things that helped me in the past through was finding a theme and sticking to it (something I have always struggled with). For example if you are a fan of natural looks maybe try decorating a section of the island with some of the flower diys and create a little flower wonderland and use the classic dirt pathways with some custom stone stepping stones. Or for a more populated less wild look could go with the theme of a city, add in some streetlights and benches and add a path to make it look like a road going along the island. If you still need a little motivation I've also found that a quick peek around others islands through the dream feature has helped me greatly in finding some cool decorating ideas.

Hopefully I was able to help out even if it's just a little bit. And if you need any additional help feel free to dm me or ping me here in the forums.
I'm up to 10 villagers now! I have Phoebe, Clay, Marina, Fauna, Sherb, Tasha-and the the 4 I'm desperately trying to get rid of- Rod, Curlos, Monty and Winnie. I didn't realize how hard it was waiting for them to decide to move.

Slowly working on getting more plants/trees on my island since I'm still stuck on 2 star rating. I have pears, apples and peaches so far though! Everything is slowly but surely coming together
I'm up to 10 villagers now! I have Phoebe, Clay, Marina, Fauna, Sherb, Tasha-and the the 4 I'm desperately trying to get rid of- Rod, Curlos, Monty and Winnie. I didn't realize how hard it was waiting for them to decide to move.

Slowly working on getting more plants/trees on my island since I'm still stuck on 2 star rating. I have pears, apples and peaches so far though! Everything is slowly but surely coming together
FD1rkPC.png
Happy Anniversary everybody! This time last year I was so mad because the delivery driver forgot my copy in storage. It literally arrived on time, but he didn't load it on that date. Worst part is I still haven't gotten my preorder bonus despite contacting the staff of the store I bought it from. At least the game was everything I wanted. [emoji=imperial happy size=1] How are y'all doing? I fell off in autumn, so I'm not one of the people that has 100% every available aspect of the game, but I do admire people who've played every single day and enjoyed it. I recently came back into it, I still miss the lively villager interactions though. Inviting villagers to your house, meeting at theirs. Running flea markets. I hope the second year brings more QoL updates!
Happy Anniversary everybody! This time last year I was so mad because the delivery driver forgot my copy in storage. It literally arrived on time, but he didn't load it on that date. Worst part is I still haven't gotten my preorder bonus despite contacting the staff of the store I bought it from. At least the game was everything I wanted.

How are y'all doing? I fell off in autumn, so I'm not one of the people that has 100% every available aspect of the game, but I do admire people who've played every single day and enjoyed it. I recently came back into it, I still miss the lively villager interactions though. Inviting villagers to your house, meeting at theirs. Running flea markets. I hope the second year brings more QoL updates!
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29