Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Losing weight...
1 2 3
@Munayki I haven't read much on studies about fasting, I just know that when done carelessly it can lead to problems. Different diets work for different people, as fasting is not okay for ME to do as I have sugar problems. I'm just hoping that proper care has been taken.
@Munayki I haven't read much on studies about fasting, I just know that when done carelessly it can lead to problems. Different diets work for different people, as fasting is not okay for ME to do as I have sugar problems. I'm just hoping that proper care has been taken.
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
@Yasashiku

if you feel good, and it's working, then keep it up! There's always going to be rude co-workers and from what I've learned, they shouldn't say rude things, but humanity cannot be helped.
You are doing great, and honestly, it should be about how you want to feel and progress takes patience! (so they should go away)
rooting for you!
@Yasashiku

if you feel good, and it's working, then keep it up! There's always going to be rude co-workers and from what I've learned, they shouldn't say rude things, but humanity cannot be helped.
You are doing great, and honestly, it should be about how you want to feel and progress takes patience! (so they should go away)
rooting for you!
9242fa66-b028-11ea-854c-b3686ccad672.gif My Brew Shop
Where's my broadcast from? win a prize if you pm me!
@LittlePuppy Intermittent fasting and 5:2 fasting have been proven to have many health benefits! 16 hours may seem like a long time, but it's generally just not eating breakfast in the mornings. It's not for everyone (like you mentioned, people with sugar problems generally can't fast) but there's a ton of science backing it up as a positive dietary choice. Of course, as with all big changes folks should consult with their doctors before taking the plunge. Here are some sources! https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/wellness-prevention/intermittent-fasting-it-right-for-you https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2017/11/intermittent-fasting-may-be-center-of-increasing-lifespan/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=hu-twitter-general https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/intermittent-fasting-surprising-update-2018062914156 https://www.amazon.com/Obesity-Code-Unlocking-Secrets-Weight-ebook/dp/B01C6D0LCK ^This is a fascinating book on insulin and how that drives weight loss/gain. Worth a read if you get the chance! If you'd like more, just do some googling! There are a lot of sources out there. [emoji=new friend size=1]
@LittlePuppy

Intermittent fasting and 5:2 fasting have been proven to have many health benefits! 16 hours may seem like a long time, but it's generally just not eating breakfast in the mornings. It's not for everyone (like you mentioned, people with sugar problems generally can't fast) but there's a ton of science backing it up as a positive dietary choice. Of course, as with all big changes folks should consult with their doctors before taking the plunge.

Here are some sources!

https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/wellness-prevention/intermittent-fasting-it-right-for-you

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2017/11/intermittent-fasting-may-be-center-of-increasing-lifespan/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=hu-twitter-general

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/intermittent-fasting-surprising-update-2018062914156

https://www.amazon.com/Obesity-Code-Unlocking-Secrets-Weight-ebook/dp/B01C6D0LCK
^This is a fascinating book on insulin and how that drives weight loss/gain. Worth a read if you get the chance!

If you'd like more, just do some googling! There are a lot of sources out there.
td9UiZS.png
People just like feeling like they're better than others. Literally, society is built off of hierarchy; even little kids are 'rated' according to results and everybody wants to be better than other people are. And many people have a hard time stepping out of it. Unfortunately, for someone to be 'good', someone else must be.. not as good.

It's not about your results. I went keto for a while and people were complaining about it, too, even though I was fit and had other reasons than weight loss. "It's just placebo", "you don't really need to lose weight so why are you trying so hard", "come on, just eat a doughnut, ha ha ha", "that diet of yours is really dangerous", "all that fat you're eating is so gross". People will always find something mean to say, because it isn't about you, not really. It's just about them being so stuck on the hierarchy thing that they're willing to push other people down so they can stand above. Many people will mask it as caring about you and your health, and I bet many don't even realize what they're doing and how harmful words like those can be. But let me repeat: It's not about you. The guy probably just had a bad day at work. If you can, put it down.

Congratulations on your progress. Keep going! I hope you meet your goals quickly. :)
People just like feeling like they're better than others. Literally, society is built off of hierarchy; even little kids are 'rated' according to results and everybody wants to be better than other people are. And many people have a hard time stepping out of it. Unfortunately, for someone to be 'good', someone else must be.. not as good.

It's not about your results. I went keto for a while and people were complaining about it, too, even though I was fit and had other reasons than weight loss. "It's just placebo", "you don't really need to lose weight so why are you trying so hard", "come on, just eat a doughnut, ha ha ha", "that diet of yours is really dangerous", "all that fat you're eating is so gross". People will always find something mean to say, because it isn't about you, not really. It's just about them being so stuck on the hierarchy thing that they're willing to push other people down so they can stand above. Many people will mask it as caring about you and your health, and I bet many don't even realize what they're doing and how harmful words like those can be. But let me repeat: It's not about you. The guy probably just had a bad day at work. If you can, put it down.

Congratulations on your progress. Keep going! I hope you meet your goals quickly. :)
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
Hey everyone,

I'm sorry for not responding. I do read everything but responding is not always my best point so please don't feel ignored. I read it and take it all to heart.

First of all I want to say, I'm not unhappy with how I look now. I never really was. But as I'm recently doing a very active sport (roller derby) and I noticed my belly sometimes stops me from being able to do some things I just decided that I wanted to lose weight so I can do my sport, also when I have to jump, it really hurts my knees due to my weight. So it's mostly for my passion that I want to lose weight than for not feeling secure about my body. Because I never have been. To be honest, I'm a bit afraid from all the extra skin that I will get when I lose weight and will probably feel insecure about that.

About the fasting, I did start that without a doctors cunsult but I am minding my own health and I keep track of what I can and cannot do. For example; I noticed that doing keto right before roller derby and fasting at the same time does not work. So before sports, I eat a little bit more carbs than I do on a weekly base so I won't faint during sports. <- that almost happened my first time sporting after starting the diet. Now I know that I have to keep that in mind, everything is well and I do feel more fit and it has not happened again. Also my body was probably not used to my diet back then, but I rather not take the risk. So before roller derby is my "cheat" day where I can eat a little bit more.

I do know that I'm not getting enough magnesium and vitamine C all the time due to my diet. So I bought myself some tablets that I eat every day so I get that enough as well, and honestly, even if I get enough of it at one day, it's not harming me if I take a little bit more.

I know what I am doing and I can feel if I'm feeling alright or not. If I'm really hungry during my fast, which did only happen once I just eat earlier. Then too bad that I didn't finish my fast, but I'm not planning to make myself feel sick due to fasting. That's not healthy. But overal, I usually fast and I eat when I get the chance and feel hungry after fasting, and it's between the 17 and 19 hours mostly that I am fasting and I in between 6 hours a day. So despite that I have a 16:8 fasting program, it's usually a bit longer but I can handle it.

About my colleague. I talked it over with him. He had no idea that he hurt me with it and he apologized. Following the instructions to ignore him is not going to work, as he's the head of the kitchen and has to order me around if I have nothing to do xD SO that's not going to work. But I did make a point that I did not like what he had to say to me and he apologized.

About my progress... I have no idea!. My scale broke down and I got a new one and suddenly I weigh more... I know this happens with different scales and everything.... But I do know that I cannot have gained 3 kilo in one week. So I have to see by now from my new scale and I just hope that is going to be alright.
Hey everyone,

I'm sorry for not responding. I do read everything but responding is not always my best point so please don't feel ignored. I read it and take it all to heart.

First of all I want to say, I'm not unhappy with how I look now. I never really was. But as I'm recently doing a very active sport (roller derby) and I noticed my belly sometimes stops me from being able to do some things I just decided that I wanted to lose weight so I can do my sport, also when I have to jump, it really hurts my knees due to my weight. So it's mostly for my passion that I want to lose weight than for not feeling secure about my body. Because I never have been. To be honest, I'm a bit afraid from all the extra skin that I will get when I lose weight and will probably feel insecure about that.

About the fasting, I did start that without a doctors cunsult but I am minding my own health and I keep track of what I can and cannot do. For example; I noticed that doing keto right before roller derby and fasting at the same time does not work. So before sports, I eat a little bit more carbs than I do on a weekly base so I won't faint during sports. <- that almost happened my first time sporting after starting the diet. Now I know that I have to keep that in mind, everything is well and I do feel more fit and it has not happened again. Also my body was probably not used to my diet back then, but I rather not take the risk. So before roller derby is my "cheat" day where I can eat a little bit more.

I do know that I'm not getting enough magnesium and vitamine C all the time due to my diet. So I bought myself some tablets that I eat every day so I get that enough as well, and honestly, even if I get enough of it at one day, it's not harming me if I take a little bit more.

I know what I am doing and I can feel if I'm feeling alright or not. If I'm really hungry during my fast, which did only happen once I just eat earlier. Then too bad that I didn't finish my fast, but I'm not planning to make myself feel sick due to fasting. That's not healthy. But overal, I usually fast and I eat when I get the chance and feel hungry after fasting, and it's between the 17 and 19 hours mostly that I am fasting and I in between 6 hours a day. So despite that I have a 16:8 fasting program, it's usually a bit longer but I can handle it.

About my colleague. I talked it over with him. He had no idea that he hurt me with it and he apologized. Following the instructions to ignore him is not going to work, as he's the head of the kitchen and has to order me around if I have nothing to do xD SO that's not going to work. But I did make a point that I did not like what he had to say to me and he apologized.

About my progress... I have no idea!. My scale broke down and I got a new one and suddenly I weigh more... I know this happens with different scales and everything.... But I do know that I cannot have gained 3 kilo in one week. So I have to see by now from my new scale and I just hope that is going to be alright.
q4HfUW2.pngx72ysXo.png
[/columns]
Congrats on your weight loss!

From my experience with the same thing, I think people are so quick to be rude and go out of their way to insult people based on weight gain or loss or anything like that just because they're insecure about it themselves. When I was doing two sports a couple years back and was being super active I lost some weight and people wouldn't shut up about it. Literally almost everyone I knew was complaining that I don't eat enough, when I was sitting there scarfing down a large pizza in front of their face. Or they'd accuse me of being "anorexic" or whatever else and body shame me for being "too skinny" (I wasn't, I was literally as healthy as it was physically possible for me, according to my doctor at the time). When the place that held the teams I'd been playing for shut down and I stopped I gained a little weight, not even a lot it was like 5 pounds but enough to barely be noticeable, all of a sudden everyone's telling me I need to diet and "ho boy someone got a tummy." A person I was friends with then (and obviously no longer am now) was overweight and had been put on a diet by his doctor, told me, that I was fat. Roughly two weeks after the same dude was calling me anorexic and claiming I should go to the hospital and he was "worried for me." Uh-huh, sure you were, guy. Totally wasn't you projecting your own insecurities onto me, not at all.

I've pretty much figured out that people are either going to insult me because I look like I weigh more than them and it lets them feel superior and like they're a better person for being "healthier" than me, or, if I'm skinnier than they are they'll insult me because they feel threatened and made insecure about their own weight and try to pull me back down to their level to appease their bruised egos.

I was a lot more insecure then and didn't really know what to do about it, but now I just call people out on it and stop talking to them if that doesn't shut them up.
Congrats on your weight loss!

From my experience with the same thing, I think people are so quick to be rude and go out of their way to insult people based on weight gain or loss or anything like that just because they're insecure about it themselves. When I was doing two sports a couple years back and was being super active I lost some weight and people wouldn't shut up about it. Literally almost everyone I knew was complaining that I don't eat enough, when I was sitting there scarfing down a large pizza in front of their face. Or they'd accuse me of being "anorexic" or whatever else and body shame me for being "too skinny" (I wasn't, I was literally as healthy as it was physically possible for me, according to my doctor at the time). When the place that held the teams I'd been playing for shut down and I stopped I gained a little weight, not even a lot it was like 5 pounds but enough to barely be noticeable, all of a sudden everyone's telling me I need to diet and "ho boy someone got a tummy." A person I was friends with then (and obviously no longer am now) was overweight and had been put on a diet by his doctor, told me, that I was fat. Roughly two weeks after the same dude was calling me anorexic and claiming I should go to the hospital and he was "worried for me." Uh-huh, sure you were, guy. Totally wasn't you projecting your own insecurities onto me, not at all.

I've pretty much figured out that people are either going to insult me because I look like I weigh more than them and it lets them feel superior and like they're a better person for being "healthier" than me, or, if I'm skinnier than they are they'll insult me because they feel threatened and made insecure about their own weight and try to pull me back down to their level to appease their bruised egos.

I was a lot more insecure then and didn't really know what to do about it, but now I just call people out on it and stop talking to them if that doesn't shut them up.
Just ignore them, they don't know a thing about you. You're getting results, just remain in a healthy diet style and don't go into the abyss of eating disorders just because of some dude's mean words towards you. I know it's not that easy, but hey, you ARE doing something to work towards your goals, so just know everything you've done isn't for nothing. You ARE doing something about it. Good luck on your journey, my friend! ^v^
Just ignore them, they don't know a thing about you. You're getting results, just remain in a healthy diet style and don't go into the abyss of eating disorders just because of some dude's mean words towards you. I know it's not that easy, but hey, you ARE doing something to work towards your goals, so just know everything you've done isn't for nothing. You ARE doing something about it. Good luck on your journey, my friend! ^v^
@Yasashiku Grats on the loss!! This January I'm going back to Keto. I did it for the first 6 months of this year and lost 13kg (close to 29pounds) without extra exercise. I have started to move more now (walking and biking) so I hope it will go even faster when I go back to Keto in 2020 =D So lets be even bigger losers in the new year!!! [emoji=heart size=1]
@Yasashiku Grats on the loss!! This January I'm going back to Keto. I did it for the first 6 months of this year and lost 13kg (close to 29pounds) without extra exercise. I have started to move more now (walking and biking) so I hope it will go even faster when I go back to Keto in 2020 =D

So lets be even bigger losers in the new year!!!
FlightRising time +9 (The Netherlands - Europe)
[quote name="LittlePuppy" date="2019-12-11 16:57:41" ] I don't think fasting for 16 hours is healthy but okay.... [/quote] ^this and not recommended by most doctors
LittlePuppy wrote on 2019-12-11 16:57:41:
I don't think fasting for 16 hours is healthy but okay....
^this
and not recommended by most doctors
1 2 3