Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Losing weight...
1 2 3
My diet is generally one meal with carbs a day since I love my carbs. I did keto before but I love noodles, rice, bread and all so I allow myself one meal a day with carbs. I'm also generally eating only two meals a day (used to be because of my class schedule - by the time I got home I was no longer hungry and skipped lunch) but now slowly returning to three. Oh well.
My diet is generally one meal with carbs a day since I love my carbs. I did keto before but I love noodles, rice, bread and all so I allow myself one meal a day with carbs. I'm also generally eating only two meals a day (used to be because of my class schedule - by the time I got home I was no longer hungry and skipped lunch) but now slowly returning to three. Oh well.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
Congratulations on losing weight. Don’t let others tell you you’re not trying hard enough and don’t let them compare you to others either, especially when they’re just jealous like those people. If anything you should let this motivate you to stick to your diet just to prove them wrong. Keep up the good work.

Congratulations on losing weight. Don’t let others tell you you’re not trying hard enough and don’t let them compare you to others either, especially when they’re just jealous like those people. If anything you should let this motivate you to stick to your diet just to prove them wrong. Keep up the good work.

tumblr_inline_nb17n4oppf1qg78ij.png2kxSxyM3.giftumblr_inline_nb17n9a7r91qg78ij.png
[quote]Why is it that if you are not doing a diet people complain about it? But the moment you do something about it people still complain that it isn't enough?[/quote] Literally, because of fatphobia. People are so entrenched in this attitude that being fat is the worst thing that can happen to someone, they think people MUST be constantly trying to restrict, keep themselves thin if they already are, etc. And it's never enough. You're never going to be doing the right kind, eating just the right foods, or just the right amount, for anyone. That's diet culture. I do agree with @Porkpie747, but my opinion on diet and weight loss doesn't matter. (Happy to say if people are curious, but you're probably not posting this for any sort of in depth conversation about the subject.) What matters here is that ANYONE feels they have ANY room to tell you what you should be doing with your body. It's your choice. It is none of their business. If what you are doing feels good and right by you, then do it. Everyone's body works different and needs different things, and people have no room to comment on it. Here's some things we say when someone comments on our weight/food: "That's not appropriate conversation. Let's talk about something else." "I know what my body needs. Please don't comment on what I eat." "What I do with my body is my business, thanks." "I understand you're trying to be helpful, but comments like that aren't helpful for me." Also-- just saying, if you want a juice then drink the juice. It's not evil. Anyways, I hope you learn to ignore people's comments towards your body, and find a way to embrace whatever stage you're at. Juice or no juice. Take care. - M.
Quote:
Why is it that if you are not doing a diet people complain about it? But the moment you do something about it people still complain that it isn't enough?

Literally, because of fatphobia. People are so entrenched in this attitude that being fat is the worst thing that can happen to someone, they think people MUST be constantly trying to restrict, keep themselves thin if they already are, etc. And it's never enough. You're never going to be doing the right kind, eating just the right foods, or just the right amount, for anyone. That's diet culture.

I do agree with @Porkpie747, but my opinion on diet and weight loss doesn't matter. (Happy to say if people are curious, but you're probably not posting this for any sort of in depth conversation about the subject.) What matters here is that ANYONE feels they have ANY room to tell you what you should be doing with your body.

It's your choice. It is none of their business. If what you are doing feels good and right by you, then do it. Everyone's body works different and needs different things, and people have no room to comment on it. Here's some things we say when someone comments on our weight/food:

"That's not appropriate conversation. Let's talk about something else."
"I know what my body needs. Please don't comment on what I eat."
"What I do with my body is my business, thanks."
"I understand you're trying to be helpful, but comments like that aren't helpful for me."

Also-- just saying, if you want a juice then drink the juice. It's not evil.

Anyways, I hope you learn to ignore people's comments towards your body, and find a way to embrace whatever stage you're at. Juice or no juice. Take care.

- M.
ACOZFAh.png sZShZzW.png Zs4VhSn.png
RyOOFff.png kseo325.png
OxagJgG.png bsTwpFg.png
KLS4Wrl.png
it's so not okay to say that someone isn't doing anything when they are proud. you do you, and I'm proud of you for your progress, and I don't even know you. I think that what you are doing is good, and no one should compare your progress to a different persons.

congrats on your progress and don't let anyone bring you down :)
it's so not okay to say that someone isn't doing anything when they are proud. you do you, and I'm proud of you for your progress, and I don't even know you. I think that what you are doing is good, and no one should compare your progress to a different persons.

congrats on your progress and don't let anyone bring you down :)
+2 FR time
he/they
Honestly, if you can still keep on losing weight and have some juice at the same time, it only means you're doing it right. After all, you want to eat in a way that is sustainable, so that when you've reached the weight you want, you'll be able to stick to the new weight while eating without having to spend effort on thinking about what it is you eat.

It's also not at all about how fast you lose weight that matters, it's how well you're preparing yourself for the point at which you have to stabilize your weight. I'm currently losing weight too, and I'm deliberately doing it really slowly - I'm losing on average 0.5 kg per week, with longer periods of standing still and then dropping a lot at once. My attack on how to lose weight lays in three levels - high protein intake so I will keep most of my muscle mass, eat approximately as much food as I want to still be eating when I've reached my target weight, and finally, I've allowed myself to indulge in pastries or other "unhealthy stuff" every now and then, because that's how I'm going to be the rest of my life anyway. Your colleague might think that I'm not putting any effort in, either. But we'll see who is laughing once I lose all that fat and still have enough muscles to carry a body weight of 111 kg.

What I mean is, we all have different approaches to how to lose our weight, and you really are the only one who can judge whether your way works for you or not. Your colleague is probably one of those people who look at how media portrays fat loss and thinks that they know it all from just observing media, which is just not how it's supposed to be. Besides, what are they even getting out of it, being rude to you? What does it matter to them what you do or don't? You're not doing it for them! Pitting other people against each other like you're some sort of supreme judge is such a nasty behavior. I hope if he does it again, you tell him off, like someone else suggested.
Honestly, if you can still keep on losing weight and have some juice at the same time, it only means you're doing it right. After all, you want to eat in a way that is sustainable, so that when you've reached the weight you want, you'll be able to stick to the new weight while eating without having to spend effort on thinking about what it is you eat.

It's also not at all about how fast you lose weight that matters, it's how well you're preparing yourself for the point at which you have to stabilize your weight. I'm currently losing weight too, and I'm deliberately doing it really slowly - I'm losing on average 0.5 kg per week, with longer periods of standing still and then dropping a lot at once. My attack on how to lose weight lays in three levels - high protein intake so I will keep most of my muscle mass, eat approximately as much food as I want to still be eating when I've reached my target weight, and finally, I've allowed myself to indulge in pastries or other "unhealthy stuff" every now and then, because that's how I'm going to be the rest of my life anyway. Your colleague might think that I'm not putting any effort in, either. But we'll see who is laughing once I lose all that fat and still have enough muscles to carry a body weight of 111 kg.

What I mean is, we all have different approaches to how to lose our weight, and you really are the only one who can judge whether your way works for you or not. Your colleague is probably one of those people who look at how media portrays fat loss and thinks that they know it all from just observing media, which is just not how it's supposed to be. Besides, what are they even getting out of it, being rude to you? What does it matter to them what you do or don't? You're not doing it for them! Pitting other people against each other like you're some sort of supreme judge is such a nasty behavior. I hope if he does it again, you tell him off, like someone else suggested.
Keep up the good work![emoji=tundra happy size=1]
Keep up the good work!
unknown.png
I don't think fasting for 16 hours is healthy but okay....
I don't think fasting for 16 hours is healthy but okay....
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
Everyone diets differently, with different results. Many people in my family, including me, have lower portions to loose weight, others cut certain food down or out completely. Everyone is different, including you! Dont let them bring you down, your happy now and thats what matters :D
Everyone diets differently, with different results. Many people in my family, including me, have lower portions to loose weight, others cut certain food down or out completely. Everyone is different, including you! Dont let them bring you down, your happy now and thats what matters :D
Untitled190-20221222153241.pngNuUmSzk.pngUntitled253-20230408112552.png
@LittlePuppy

Fasting even on a daily can be helpful and healthy. It is not for everybody but this is why you should do what works for you and try things with great care and consideration. There are many studies and narratives that support various diets, lifestyles, and types of physical activity. There are also studies that support fasting.

Ahh but do not take my word for it. I just wanted to address your comment cause you seemed concerned.

@Yasashiku

Congrats on the progress! I am so happy to hear someone working to improve their health!!! :D Yes, you are putting effort. Do not forget it!

People have to work hard, yes, but excessive struggle and suffering will not always build sustainable change. So take that drink if it helps! Low carb can be a difficult transition.

My only words of caution. I am sure you know: just make sure that whatever you practice doesn't cause harm. That mentally, fasting or whatever is not feeding any insecurities or an unhealthy relationship with food.

I tend to appreciate a holistic approach: So please take the moment to be proud of the daily steps you make to improve yourself. Be proud of the choices you make. Also, check your boundaries. When I went through some diets I had to learn to take a step back from dwelling on harsh comments from people especially when I know they come from ignorance. Constructive criticism is good especially if they can back it up with facts.

Anyway: Good luck on your health journey! :)
@LittlePuppy

Fasting even on a daily can be helpful and healthy. It is not for everybody but this is why you should do what works for you and try things with great care and consideration. There are many studies and narratives that support various diets, lifestyles, and types of physical activity. There are also studies that support fasting.

Ahh but do not take my word for it. I just wanted to address your comment cause you seemed concerned.

@Yasashiku

Congrats on the progress! I am so happy to hear someone working to improve their health!!! :D Yes, you are putting effort. Do not forget it!

People have to work hard, yes, but excessive struggle and suffering will not always build sustainable change. So take that drink if it helps! Low carb can be a difficult transition.

My only words of caution. I am sure you know: just make sure that whatever you practice doesn't cause harm. That mentally, fasting or whatever is not feeding any insecurities or an unhealthy relationship with food.

I tend to appreciate a holistic approach: So please take the moment to be proud of the daily steps you make to improve yourself. Be proud of the choices you make. Also, check your boundaries. When I went through some diets I had to learn to take a step back from dwelling on harsh comments from people especially when I know they come from ignorance. Constructive criticism is good especially if they can back it up with facts.

Anyway: Good luck on your health journey! :)
tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo2_75sq.gif
A cup of juice is not going to undo your efforts. That person was way out of line. Don't stop trying and don't let him get you down.

Eating better isn't about depriving yourself of indulgences. It's about...just eating better!

I'm trying to just feel better. If I lose weight as a result, yay, but mostly I just want to stop feeling like crap all the time. So I've increased my veggies, protein, etc. I don't guilt myself out of eating something sweet or having a tasty drink, I just am mindful not to overindulge.

You rule. Your coworker drools.

If he continues to harass you or say unkind, unprofessional things, you are WELL within your rights to politely but firmly inform him that he needs to stop, and if he cannot stop, he should stop speaking to you.
A cup of juice is not going to undo your efforts. That person was way out of line. Don't stop trying and don't let him get you down.

Eating better isn't about depriving yourself of indulgences. It's about...just eating better!

I'm trying to just feel better. If I lose weight as a result, yay, but mostly I just want to stop feeling like crap all the time. So I've increased my veggies, protein, etc. I don't guilt myself out of eating something sweet or having a tasty drink, I just am mindful not to overindulge.

You rule. Your coworker drools.

If he continues to harass you or say unkind, unprofessional things, you are WELL within your rights to politely but firmly inform him that he needs to stop, and if he cannot stop, he should stop speaking to you.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
1 2 3