Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Music question list!
1 2 3 4
Do you listen to music in general? (This can range from listening to your Spotify lists to concerts)
yess

How much do you listen in a single day?
oh gosh uhh. my spotify said sth like 2800+ hours for the whole year so

What's your favorite genre of music? (It doesn't need to be extremely notified)
catstep apparently

List at least three artists/bands what are your favorites currently! If so, why?
starset, vexento, and lost sky, i just like all of their stuff

List at least three artists/bands what aren't your cup of tea. If so, why?
hmmm.... anything country and a lot of pop i just really dont like

Have you ever been in live concerts/watched them online?
yes! been to a few irl

Do you have an artist/band you don't like but have a song from them you like deeply? (This question can also be flipped! Aka an artist/band you like but a song from them you don't like)
i dont love p!atd and i dont love all of c'mon but the one part in the middle im addicted to tbh

If you could use a song to be used about a fictional document what tells you as a person, what song would it be?
aah probably money problems by max frost

If you could make a video game and there was a big bad boss, what theme would it have?
desolate by nik nocturnal

Do you have physical CDs/purchases from ITunes, etc.?
yes, a lot! as well as spotify premium

What's your favorite cover of any album?
any of starsets albums

What song makes you automatically cry?
see you again by elle king

What songs/artists/bands you consider to be underrated?
vexento !! if you like music pls look him up he has so many different songs with all sorts of feelings

Have you had that single song what you have searched for so long, but someday you discovered it?
yes!! from the movie gforce there was a space cowboy song i finally found

What's your current earworm? (Earworms are songs what play on loop inside your head)
that part from c'mon by p!atd

List at least one interesting fact about a song/artist/band you know of!
panda eyes is from sweden and alan walker is norwegian i believe

What song do you consider to have dumb lyrics?
most pop songs tbh

Does your country have folk songs?
nah im american, we sang some stuff in elementary school though

Can you play an instrument. If so, what?
yep, alto tenor and baritone saxophones

As we're getting closer to Christmas, what's your favorite Christmas song?
carol of the bells i guess? or this one jazz version of god rest ye marry gentlemen
Do you listen to music in general? (This can range from listening to your Spotify lists to concerts)
yess

oh gosh uhh. my spotify said sth like 2800+ hours for the whole year so

catstep apparently

List at least three artists/bands what are your favorites currently! If so, why?
starset, vexento, and lost sky, i just like all of their stuff

hmmm.... anything country and a lot of pop i just really dont like

yes! been to a few irl

Do you have an artist/band you don't like but have a song from them you like deeply? (This question can also be flipped! Aka an artist/band you like but a song from them you don't like)
i dont love p!atd and i dont love all of c'mon but the one part in the middle im addicted to tbh

If you could use a song to be used about a fictional document what tells you as a person, what song would it be?
aah probably money problems by max frost

If you could make a video game and there was a big bad boss, what theme would it have?
desolate by nik nocturnal

yes, a lot! as well as spotify premium

any of starsets albums

see you again by elle king

vexento !! if you like music pls look him up he has so many different songs with all sorts of feelings

Have you had that single song what you have searched for so long, but someday you discovered it?
yes!! from the movie gforce there was a space cowboy song i finally found

What's your current earworm? (Earworms are songs what play on loop inside your head)
that part from c'mon by p!atd

panda eyes is from sweden and alan walker is norwegian i believe

most pop songs tbh

nah im american, we sang some stuff in elementary school though

yep, alto tenor and baritone saxophones

carol of the bells i guess? or this one jazz version of god rest ye marry gentlemen
FR + 0 - pls click them! ->kQZmp1.pngoTPou1.pngt3UMx1.pngunknown.png

Yes, all the time. Life should have a soundtrack. I have an ipod that goes almost everywhere with me. And it doesn't even fit most of my music, just my favorites. I like music.

Several hours at least. Depending. Less right now since I'm stuck at home. But usually I have it on in the car, when I'm walking anywhere, inside stores, while I'm waiting for something, and even at work if I can.

Oh man. I have such eclectic tastes. I guess either soundtracks or metal would be my top favorite.

Blind Guardian- great Tolkien fan songs, great metal sound
Sabaton- great metal band, great history songs
Cruachan- really interesting folk metal group with a few Tolkien fan songs

Alex Boye- amazing artist I discovered on Youtube

Hmmmm. This is harder. I like so much. The only style of music I don't like really is jazz. Lets see.
Adele- I only like one of her faster songs. The rest are just a bit boring to me.
Chris Brown- he's a terrible person, I refuse to listen to his stuff on principle
R Kelly- Same thing. Terrible person, won't listen to him.

Yup. Although, for concerts I'm more likely to go to classical. A lot of concerts are just too loud for me.

Adele- I like Rollin in the Deep

I honestly have no idea. Some song either about self esteem issues, about having a big imagination, or about wanting to help people and make a difference in the world.

Imperial March from Star Wars, of course.

Mostly digital purchases from Itunes and Amazon. But I still have some CDs from before/things that don't come digital.

You know, I never actually pay attention to the covers. The cover of the Lion King soundtrack is pretty I guess?

I don't really cry at songs? I don't really cry at all. Just not a crier. One thing I can think of off the top of my head is Inama Nushif from the Children of Dune soundtrack.

Alex Boye and Karliene both should be known by more people. They are both amazing.

Not really? Youtube has made finding songs not too difficult.

Warriors Song by Alex Boye

Honestly don't pay much attention to facts about the artists. Uh, I guess just that a lot of Led Zeppelin songs were inspired by and refrence Lord of the Rings and/or Middle Earth.

A lot of them, but I don't really care. If it sounds good, I listen.

Yes. most countries do.

Not anymore. I played piano and flute as a kid, but I gave them up.

Honestly anything choral. But if I have to pick, either Oh Come Emmanuel or Come Thou Long Expected Jesus. I just love the way those two sound.

Yes, all the time. Life should have a soundtrack. I have an ipod that goes almost everywhere with me. And it doesn't even fit most of my music, just my favorites. I like music.

Several hours at least. Depending. Less right now since I'm stuck at home. But usually I have it on in the car, when I'm walking anywhere, inside stores, while I'm waiting for something, and even at work if I can.

Oh man. I have such eclectic tastes. I guess either soundtracks or metal would be my top favorite.

Blind Guardian- great Tolkien fan songs, great metal sound
Sabaton- great metal band, great history songs
Cruachan- really interesting folk metal group with a few Tolkien fan songs

Alex Boye- amazing artist I discovered on Youtube

Hmmmm. This is harder. I like so much. The only style of music I don't like really is jazz. Lets see.
Adele- I only like one of her faster songs. The rest are just a bit boring to me.
Chris Brown- he's a terrible person, I refuse to listen to his stuff on principle
R Kelly- Same thing. Terrible person, won't listen to him.

Yup. Although, for concerts I'm more likely to go to classical. A lot of concerts are just too loud for me.

Adele- I like Rollin in the Deep

I honestly have no idea. Some song either about self esteem issues, about having a big imagination, or about wanting to help people and make a difference in the world.

Imperial March from Star Wars, of course.

Mostly digital purchases from Itunes and Amazon. But I still have some CDs from before/things that don't come digital.

You know, I never actually pay attention to the covers. The cover of the Lion King soundtrack is pretty I guess?

I don't really cry at songs? I don't really cry at all. Just not a crier. One thing I can think of off the top of my head is Inama Nushif from the Children of Dune soundtrack.

Alex Boye and Karliene both should be known by more people. They are both amazing.

Not really? Youtube has made finding songs not too difficult.

Warriors Song by Alex Boye

Honestly don't pay much attention to facts about the artists. Uh, I guess just that a lot of Led Zeppelin songs were inspired by and refrence Lord of the Rings and/or Middle Earth.

A lot of them, but I don't really care. If it sounds good, I listen.

Yes. most countries do.

Not anymore. I played piano and flute as a kid, but I gave them up.

Honestly anything choral. But if I have to pick, either Oh Come Emmanuel or Come Thou Long Expected Jesus. I just love the way those two sound.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
Of course!

This varies depending on what I'm doing but I always listen to music while driving, and sometimes while at work or home if concentrating on a podcast doesn't appeal to me. I definitely listen to music for at least half an hour almost every day though.

What's your favorite genre of music?
Metal, NDH, industrial, classical, movie and video game soundtracks

List at least three artists/bands what are your favorites currently!
Rammstein, Eisbrecher, Oomph!, Das Ich, Lindemann, Funker Vogt, Front Line Assembly, Agonoize, Rob Zombie, Korn, Godsmack, Metallica, Nachtmahr, Static-X, Five Finger Death Punch, Dioxyde, In Extremo, Einstuerzende Neubauten, Volbeat, Lyube, Laibach, Pink Floyd, Tool...I know I'm forgetting some. Then there are all the composers...

I don't know, I don't pay attention to things I don't care for. Most pop, rap, hip-hop, whatever the top 40 is, country...that stuff just isn't on my radar

I've seen Rammstein (and met them!), Das Ich, Five Finger Death Punch, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Rob Zombie, Korn and a bunch of bands at festivals live. I watched Psy's entire Gentleman concert live on Youtube for some reason...I really don't know why. It said it was "live now" so I figured what the heck. I kinda like Psy, stuff's catchy.

Do you have an artist/band you don't like but have a song from them you like deeply?
I really dig "Paint it Black" but absolutely nothing else by The Rolling Stones appeals to me.
I dislike country for the most part but "Midnight in Montgomery" by Alan Jackson is cool.
My tastes are pretty eclectic so there are quite a few exceptions like those.

Like, what song describes me? Hm, I don't know. Maybe "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons haha

I don't know, but I would want to get Kenji Yamamoto (Metroid soundtrack composer) to compose it.

I have a lot of CDs, mostly purchased used. I buy all of Rammstein's CDs that I can though (I have all of their albums and some singles and limited edition releases)

As in the art, right (not like, songs covered by other musicians)? I really like the artwork on Rammstein's Rosenrot.

Anything by t.A.T.u. reminds me of a good friend I lost contact with and I miss her. I don't outright cry but it makes me sad.
I love anything by Philip Glass but it always gets me in a mood. Like, remembering back when I had potential and thought my life would turn out very differently. *sigh*

I don't pay enough attention to what's popular with other people to know what's underrated *shrug emoji*
I mean, I wish that Eisbrecher and Oomph! were well enough known in the US to justify them touring here but I guess they're not or they would

The Song of the Volga Boatmen

Well, now it's The Song of the Volga Boatmen...

I could inundate you with Rammstein facts but I don't know if anyone here would find them as interesting as I do

Most rap, typical love songs, most country

Yeah, the US has a lot of them

I have tried so hard to teach myself to play the keyboard, but alas, no, I cannot play it (well)

"Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24" by TSO
or just any rendition of Carol of the Bells
Of course!

This varies depending on what I'm doing but I always listen to music while driving, and sometimes while at work or home if concentrating on a podcast doesn't appeal to me. I definitely listen to music for at least half an hour almost every day though.

Metal, NDH, industrial, classical, movie and video game soundtracks

Rammstein, Eisbrecher, Oomph!, Das Ich, Lindemann, Funker Vogt, Front Line Assembly, Agonoize, Rob Zombie, Korn, Godsmack, Metallica, Nachtmahr, Static-X, Five Finger Death Punch, Dioxyde, In Extremo, Einstuerzende Neubauten, Volbeat, Lyube, Laibach, Pink Floyd, Tool...I know I'm forgetting some. Then there are all the composers...

I don't know, I don't pay attention to things I don't care for. Most pop, rap, hip-hop, whatever the top 40 is, country...that stuff just isn't on my radar

I've seen Rammstein (and met them!), Das Ich, Five Finger Death Punch, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Rob Zombie, Korn and a bunch of bands at festivals live. I watched Psy's entire Gentleman concert live on Youtube for some reason...I really don't know why. It said it was "live now" so I figured what the heck. I kinda like Psy, stuff's catchy.

Do you have an artist/band you don't like but have a song from them you like deeply?
I really dig "Paint it Black" but absolutely nothing else by The Rolling Stones appeals to me.
I dislike country for the most part but "Midnight in Montgomery" by Alan Jackson is cool.
My tastes are pretty eclectic so there are quite a few exceptions like those.

Like, what song describes me? Hm, I don't know. Maybe "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons haha

I don't know, but I would want to get Kenji Yamamoto (Metroid soundtrack composer) to compose it.

I have a lot of CDs, mostly purchased used. I buy all of Rammstein's CDs that I can though (I have all of their albums and some singles and limited edition releases)

As in the art, right (not like, songs covered by other musicians)? I really like the artwork on Rammstein's Rosenrot.

Anything by t.A.T.u. reminds me of a good friend I lost contact with and I miss her. I don't outright cry but it makes me sad.
I love anything by Philip Glass but it always gets me in a mood. Like, remembering back when I had potential and thought my life would turn out very differently. *sigh*

I don't pay enough attention to what's popular with other people to know what's underrated *shrug emoji*
I mean, I wish that Eisbrecher and Oomph! were well enough known in the US to justify them touring here but I guess they're not or they would

The Song of the Volga Boatmen

Well, now it's The Song of the Volga Boatmen...

I could inundate you with Rammstein facts but I don't know if anyone here would find them as interesting as I do

Most rap, typical love songs, most country

Yeah, the US has a lot of them

I have tried so hard to teach myself to play the keyboard, but alas, no, I cannot play it (well)

"Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24" by TSO
or just any rendition of Carol of the Bells
8eQDIbk.png
Yep!

Practically the whole day! Yesterday for instance, I remember opening Spotify around 1:30pm and stopping a couple times in the day. I didnt pause my music until about 2am

This hard because I want to say Jazz but my favorite genre is more City Pop. I listen to it all of the time. It's basically just music from Japan starting in the mid 1970s. Its Western influenced a lot which I guess is why I like it lol

The Mowgli's - I've always liked them, I just kind've went back to listening to them again
Kiyotaka Sugiyama - I was recommended this artist through Spotify. And I had his album First Finale on a lot yesterday
Joe Hisaishi - I really like all of his music. I find myself just putting it on a lot to have noise while I'm home alone. Besides I love the music he created for Ghibli

I'm not really a big fan of most rap artists. Somehow I really dont vibe well with that genre of music.

Yeah a bunch of times! I was lucky enough to win tickets to an All Time Low concert three years ago. Also I seen Electric Light Orchestra live which was a big dream of mine to do.

Animal Spirits by Vulfpeck

Something uptempo but in a minor key, like making you feel anxious but excited.
Honestly I'd want it to sound similar to the Ganon-Yuga boss battle music in a Link Between Worlds from Legend of Zelda

Mine are mostly Electric Light Orchestra CD's. I dont really collect many CD's but I have a lot of records from my late Grandpa. They're mostly jazz but it's all of the good artists from the time.
I really want to get Supertramp's CDs

Pitch Perfect's cover of Death of a Bachelor is my absolute favorite cover

I will literally start bawling during Remember Me (reunion version). Just the way Miguel thinks that his grandma has forgotten her father and then she sings and lights up. It's such a perfect moment, and it doesnt matter how many times I've seen it I will always cry

So so so many.
Early Eyes, Louie Zong, c a n d i d !, The Tuesday Crew, and Sarah and the Sundays to name a few

Probably but I cant remember it right now if that was the case.

I listened to my spotify playlist the one with the most listened to songs. And its Sarah by c a n d i d ! All over again lol

Jeff Lyne from Electric Light Orchestra made the entire soundtrack for a movie called Xanadu. Olivia Newton John sings on it. It wasnt the most popular so its kind've fallen into obscurity now lol

I'll answer this later lol

In America? Oh yes, very much so.

I've been playing the trumpet for 11 years now! I also know how to play piano and I want to learn how to play the accordion :D

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! By Frank Sinatra and B. Swanson Quartet
Yep!

Practically the whole day! Yesterday for instance, I remember opening Spotify around 1:30pm and stopping a couple times in the day. I didnt pause my music until about 2am

This hard because I want to say Jazz but my favorite genre is more City Pop. I listen to it all of the time. It's basically just music from Japan starting in the mid 1970s. Its Western influenced a lot which I guess is why I like it lol

The Mowgli's - I've always liked them, I just kind've went back to listening to them again
Kiyotaka Sugiyama - I was recommended this artist through Spotify. And I had his album First Finale on a lot yesterday
Joe Hisaishi - I really like all of his music. I find myself just putting it on a lot to have noise while I'm home alone. Besides I love the music he created for Ghibli

I'm not really a big fan of most rap artists. Somehow I really dont vibe well with that genre of music.

Yeah a bunch of times! I was lucky enough to win tickets to an All Time Low concert three years ago. Also I seen Electric Light Orchestra live which was a big dream of mine to do.

Animal Spirits by Vulfpeck

Something uptempo but in a minor key, like making you feel anxious but excited.
Honestly I'd want it to sound similar to the Ganon-Yuga boss battle music in a Link Between Worlds from Legend of Zelda

Mine are mostly Electric Light Orchestra CD's. I dont really collect many CD's but I have a lot of records from my late Grandpa. They're mostly jazz but it's all of the good artists from the time.
I really want to get Supertramp's CDs

Pitch Perfect's cover of Death of a Bachelor is my absolute favorite cover

I will literally start bawling during Remember Me (reunion version). Just the way Miguel thinks that his grandma has forgotten her father and then she sings and lights up. It's such a perfect moment, and it doesnt matter how many times I've seen it I will always cry

So so so many.
Early Eyes, Louie Zong, c a n d i d !, The Tuesday Crew, and Sarah and the Sundays to name a few

Probably but I cant remember it right now if that was the case.

I listened to my spotify playlist the one with the most listened to songs. And its Sarah by c a n d i d ! All over again lol

Jeff Lyne from Electric Light Orchestra made the entire soundtrack for a movie called Xanadu. Olivia Newton John sings on it. It wasnt the most popular so its kind've fallen into obscurity now lol

I'll answer this later lol

In America? Oh yes, very much so.

I've been playing the trumpet for 11 years now! I also know how to play piano and I want to learn how to play the accordion :D

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! By Frank Sinatra and B. Swanson Quartet
tsKE8q5.png 11nVSmV.png

LF Vibrant Dragons

Art Dump!

Tot's Extra Dergs

IlQRgS6.png

Yes I do, if I have the time. I usually listen to music while studying.

I watch a lot of videos relating to music, but for music itself, maybe around 30 minutes.

I love pop and kpop (along with a few classical songs)

Halsey, Exo, and Shawn Mendes.
I just like their music, they have talent!

Any rock or rappers, I guess? I just don't like that style of music.

I've never been to a concert (too broke, and I don't think my parents would've liked that). I watch a lot of concerts and stages online.

Mama by Exo. It just sounds weird.

I guess it depends on the boss that it is. The first song that comes to mind is Obsession (exo) because it's just been released.

Nope! Too broke to.

I've never cried from anything before, but a song that has moved me close to tears (esp. with reading the lyrics) is Stranger in the North, a Chinese song. I understand Chinese, but reading the English lyrics hits closer to home.

Next, a cpop boy band, and You Zhangjing (his vocalsssss). Cpop in general is extremely underrated.

I don't think so..

I've had multiple songs stuck in my head these days, but the one I've hummed along to the most is Don't Start Now, by Dua Lipa.

Fanxyred is a chinese kpop group (songs are in Korean, they're culturally Chinese) made up of androgynous women that dress like male idols!

I probably have a lot, but I can't think of any right now :,)

Yes! Not a fan of them, though.

Sadly, I've played piano for about 5 years but stopped due to the stress and workload from school. I'd like to start playing again but I don't think that it'd happen anytime soon. I remember I played violin for about a few months, and the flute in a school band for a year.

I love Taylor Swift's new song (Christmas Tree Farm)! A few older songs I like are Goodbye Christmas by Lay, and Exo's Miracles in December album. I love all the classical songs, like Jingle Bells, and Winter Wonderland!
Yes I do, if I have the time. I usually listen to music while studying.

I watch a lot of videos relating to music, but for music itself, maybe around 30 minutes.

I love pop and kpop (along with a few classical songs)

Halsey, Exo, and Shawn Mendes.
I just like their music, they have talent!

Any rock or rappers, I guess? I just don't like that style of music.

I've never been to a concert (too broke, and I don't think my parents would've liked that). I watch a lot of concerts and stages online.

Mama by Exo. It just sounds weird.

I guess it depends on the boss that it is. The first song that comes to mind is Obsession (exo) because it's just been released.

Nope! Too broke to.

I've never cried from anything before, but a song that has moved me close to tears (esp. with reading the lyrics) is Stranger in the North, a Chinese song. I understand Chinese, but reading the English lyrics hits closer to home.

Next, a cpop boy band, and You Zhangjing (his vocalsssss). Cpop in general is extremely underrated.

I don't think so..

I've had multiple songs stuck in my head these days, but the one I've hummed along to the most is Don't Start Now, by Dua Lipa.

Fanxyred is a chinese kpop group (songs are in Korean, they're culturally Chinese) made up of androgynous women that dress like male idols!

I probably have a lot, but I can't think of any right now :,)

Yes! Not a fan of them, though.

Sadly, I've played piano for about 5 years but stopped due to the stress and workload from school. I'd like to start playing again but I don't think that it'd happen anytime soon. I remember I played violin for about a few months, and the flute in a school band for a year.

I love Taylor Swift's new song (Christmas Tree Farm)! A few older songs I like are Goodbye Christmas by Lay, and Exo's Miracles in December album. I love all the classical songs, like Jingle Bells, and Winter Wonderland!
yehet! oho, rat!----

J A E

She/They
INFJ | Gemini
USA: Fr+3
1157000853.png
-- tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
.-listen-

previously StarGatherer
LF swan lake vista
Do you listen to music in general? (This can range from listening to your Spotify lists to concerts) [b]YES.[/b] How much do you listen in a single day? [b]Anywhere from maybe an hour to several hours as time permits.[/b] What's your favorite genre of music? (It doesn't need to be extremely notified) [b]Metal.[/b] List at least three artists/bands what are your favorites currently! If so, why? [b]-Nightwish. They've been my #1 favorite for over fifteen years now. -Avantasia. The lineup changes with every album and it's a huge amount of fun to see who -Tobias brings in for each one. He's worked with Alice Cooper, Marco Hietala, Dee Snider, Bruce Kulick; name it. -Tie between ELO and The Scorpions. I also listen to a fair amount of classic rock and these two are easily my favorites.[/b] List at least three artists/bands what aren't your cup of tea. If so, why? [b]I'll keep it to three because this could be a huge list. Drake (personal reasons), Bachman-Turner Overdrive (ew), and Colbie Caillat ("Christmas in the Sand" was stuck on repeat for a month and a half at work last year and oh god the trauma...)[/b] Have you ever been in live concerts/watched them online? [b]Nightwish's Wacken Open Air concert is a must-watch for anyone out there. Seriously; look up the full show. It is beautiful. As to acts I've seen live: Nightwish Sabaton Cynic Daath Dragonforce (twice!) "Weird Al" Yankovic (four times!) Paul Simon Joan Jett and the Blackhearts Blue Oyster Cult Weezer Coheed & Cambria.[/b] Do you have an artist/band you don't like but have a song from them you like deeply? (This question can also be flipped! Aka an artist/band you like but a song from them you don't like) [b]I don't particularly care for Eminem but somehow I loved Berzerk. Not the biggest fan of Linkin Park either but I really enjoyed The Catalyst, Bleed It Out, and The Great Divide. Also as much as I love Nightwish I'm not the biggest fan of the song Swanheart.[/b] If you could use a song to be used about a fictional document what tells you as a person, what song would it be? [b]Either Last Ride of the Day or FantasMic[/b] If you could make a video game and there was a big bad boss, what theme would it have? [b]Romanticide. Especially those first 28 seconds.[/b] Do you have physical CDs/purchases from ITunes, etc.? [b]I prefer physical CDs. I like to have actual ownership of a thing.[/b] What's your favorite cover of any album? [img]https://i.postimg.cc/j5HTn4fm/61-Ezjt-HR77-L-SY355.jpg[/img] What song makes you automatically cry? [b]Either "The Christmas Wish" by Kermit the Frog, or "If We Hold On Together" by Diana Ross.[/b] What songs/artists/bands you consider to be underrated? [b]The Scorpions. The sound they had in the 70s wouldn't really be prevalent until the 80s. Also they're one of those bands that nobody recognizes by name but everyone out there knows "Rock You Like a Hurricane".[/b] Have you had that single song what you have searched for so long, but someday you discovered it? [b]I've been trying on and off for over a year to find the Irish Rovers' cover of "The Peace Carol" (originally by John Denver and the Muppets) and have as of yet had no luck.[/b] What's your current earworm? (Earworms are songs what play on loop inside your head) [b]Last Ride of the Day.[/b] List at least one interesting fact about a song/artist/band you know of! [b]Ozzy Osbourne is somehow still alive.[/b] What song do you consider to have dumb lyrics? [b]What Does The Fox Say?[/b] Does your country have folk songs? [b]We have John Denver. So yes.[/b] Can you play an instrument. If so, what? [b]I mean I can do the drum-crash from "In the Air Tonight" on any surface. Does that count?[/b] As we're getting closer to Christmas, what's your favorite Christmas song? [b]Pretty much the entire "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together" album. Everyone should go listen to it.[/b]
YES.
Anywhere from maybe an hour to several hours as time permits.
Metal.
-Nightwish. They've been my #1 favorite for over fifteen years now.
-Avantasia. The lineup changes with every album and it's a huge amount of fun to see who -Tobias brings in for each one. He's worked with Alice Cooper, Marco Hietala, Dee Snider, Bruce Kulick; name it.
-Tie between ELO and The Scorpions. I also listen to a fair amount of classic rock and these two are easily my favorites.

I'll keep it to three because this could be a huge list. Drake (personal reasons), Bachman-Turner Overdrive (ew), and Colbie Caillat ("Christmas in the Sand" was stuck on repeat for a month and a half at work last year and oh god the trauma...)
Nightwish's Wacken Open Air concert is a must-watch for anyone out there. Seriously; look up the full show. It is beautiful.

As to acts I've seen live:
Nightwish
Sabaton
Cynic
Daath
Dragonforce (twice!)
"Weird Al" Yankovic (four times!)
Paul Simon
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Blue Oyster Cult
Weezer
Coheed & Cambria.

I don't particularly care for Eminem but somehow I loved Berzerk. Not the biggest fan of Linkin Park either but I really enjoyed The Catalyst, Bleed It Out, and The Great Divide.

Also as much as I love Nightwish I'm not the biggest fan of the song Swanheart.

Either Last Ride of the Day or FantasMic
Romanticide. Especially those first 28 seconds.
I prefer physical CDs. I like to have actual ownership of a thing.
61-Ezjt-HR77-L-SY355.jpg
Either "The Christmas Wish" by Kermit the Frog, or "If We Hold On Together" by Diana Ross.
The Scorpions. The sound they had in the 70s wouldn't really be prevalent until the 80s. Also they're one of those bands that nobody recognizes by name but everyone out there knows "Rock You Like a Hurricane".
I've been trying on and off for over a year to find the Irish Rovers' cover of "The Peace Carol" (originally by John Denver and the Muppets) and have as of yet had no luck.
Last Ride of the Day.
Ozzy Osbourne is somehow still alive.
What Does The Fox Say?
We have John Denver. So yes.
I mean I can do the drum-crash from "In the Air Tonight" on any surface. Does that count?
Pretty much the entire "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together" album. Everyone should go listen to it.
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
Yes! All the time.

A couple hours maybe, depending on what I'm doing. Some days several hours, like if I'm revising or driving somewhere.

Probably rock or EDM.

Muse; they've always been one of my favourites. Spotify wrapped showed this, they're my most listened to artist in the past decade.
I've recently started listening to a lot of Travis Scott.
Also Drake; a boyfriend got me into him. I always refused to listen to him but now he has turned into one of my favourite artists, lol.
I also have loved Green Day since I was a kid.
Also, special mention of My Chemical Romance since they just reformed and were my favourite band throughout high school.

Paramore, I've just never really been into any of their songs, most of them tend to annoy me, I have no idea why.
Kendrick Lamar, I'm not really a fan of his voice, the actual music is okay though.
Taylor Swift. I just really don't get the appeal.

Yes! I've been to quite a few concerts. A full list:
  • Take That (my mum took me when I was 11 okay)
  • Robbie Williams
  • Union J
  • One Direction (twice, with family)
  • Room 94 (3 times)
  • Young Guns
  • Gerard Way
  • Bring Me The Horizon (3 times)
  • 5SOS
  • Queen tribute band
  • Bullet For My Valentine
  • Foo Fighters (twice)
  • Fall Out Boy
  • Busted
  • Panic! at the Disco
  • The Fratellis
  • David Bowie tribute
  • Green Day
  • You Me At Six
  • Good Charlotte
  • Ed Sheeran
  • Don Broco
  • Muse
  • I've also been to Reading festival
A song I don't like by a band I like deeply is Still Breathing by Green Day.

Fancy - Drake ;)

Assassin - Muse

Too many to count

Origin of Symmetry (Muse)

Suspicious Minds - Elvis

You Me At Six and Young Guns. Both amazing bands, really good sound live too.

Yes! One (Your Name) - Swedish House Mafia

Twisted - MISSIO

Matt Bellamy (from Muse) holds a Guiness World Record for smashing guitars.

BABY - Giggs. Just facepalm. Catchy though.

Yeah, doesn't really interest me though.

I've played classical guitar since I was about 6 years old.

This has to be the best.
Yes! All the time.

A couple hours maybe, depending on what I'm doing. Some days several hours, like if I'm revising or driving somewhere.

Probably rock or EDM.

Muse; they've always been one of my favourites. Spotify wrapped showed this, they're my most listened to artist in the past decade.
I've recently started listening to a lot of Travis Scott.
Also Drake; a boyfriend got me into him. I always refused to listen to him but now he has turned into one of my favourite artists, lol.
I also have loved Green Day since I was a kid.
Also, special mention of My Chemical Romance since they just reformed and were my favourite band throughout high school.

Paramore, I've just never really been into any of their songs, most of them tend to annoy me, I have no idea why.
Kendrick Lamar, I'm not really a fan of his voice, the actual music is okay though.
Taylor Swift. I just really don't get the appeal.

Yes! I've been to quite a few concerts. A full list:
  • Take That (my mum took me when I was 11 okay)
  • Robbie Williams
  • Union J
  • One Direction (twice, with family)
  • Room 94 (3 times)
  • Young Guns
  • Gerard Way
  • Bring Me The Horizon (3 times)
  • 5SOS
  • Queen tribute band
  • Bullet For My Valentine
  • Foo Fighters (twice)
  • Fall Out Boy
  • Busted
  • Panic! at the Disco
  • The Fratellis
  • David Bowie tribute
  • Green Day
  • You Me At Six
  • Good Charlotte
  • Ed Sheeran
  • Don Broco
  • Muse
  • I've also been to Reading festival
A song I don't like by a band I like deeply is Still Breathing by Green Day.

Fancy - Drake ;)

Assassin - Muse

Too many to count

Origin of Symmetry (Muse)

Suspicious Minds - Elvis

You Me At Six and Young Guns. Both amazing bands, really good sound live too.

Yes! One (Your Name) - Swedish House Mafia

Twisted - MISSIO

Matt Bellamy (from Muse) holds a Guiness World Record for smashing guitars.

BABY - Giggs. Just facepalm. Catchy though.

Yeah, doesn't really interest me though.

I've played classical guitar since I was about 6 years old.

This has to be the best.
tumblr_nm1t6r4Sr81tfzajgo1_75sq.gif Kf3Sukm.gif tumblr_nm1t6r4Sr81tfzajgo1_75sq.gif
+8hr FR time
-i have a 400+ song playlist on spotify that i normally listen to if i'm not listening to anything else

-it depends! on a school day, i'm usually listening any time i have free work days, and over the weekend i usually have it on in the background all day

-i like a lot... but my playlist is mostly punk/rock/pop

-Unlike Pluto (i'm not sure why i like this artist so much, but their music is SO GOOD)
-Set it Off (they've been my favorite for a while, i love their style of music)
-RichaadEB (there are LOTS of different artists that could be here but at the moment i am obsessed with these covers)

-i don't really have any artists i don't like

-i've been to one live concert for Thousand Foot Krutch, but i don't have much time for concerts :(

-i'm gonna flip the question, and say that i really don't like I'll Sleep When I'm Dead by Set it Off

-tbh. party tattoos-dodie

-Kowareyasuki-Guilty Kiss

-i do not :(

-Pluto Tapes III (Unlike Pluto)

-she-dodie

-Unlike Pluto

-not that i can think of?

-Dead Girl Walking from Heathers

-Unlike Pluto started his Pluto Tapes project around 2016, where he aims to release a song a week (or every other week?)

-Stuff is Way-They Might Be Giants (still kinda slaps)

-i have no idea

-i can sing well? does that count?

-that one choir christmas song. hark how the bells, sweet silver bells.
-i have a 400+ song playlist on spotify that i normally listen to if i'm not listening to anything else

-it depends! on a school day, i'm usually listening any time i have free work days, and over the weekend i usually have it on in the background all day

-i like a lot... but my playlist is mostly punk/rock/pop

-Unlike Pluto (i'm not sure why i like this artist so much, but their music is SO GOOD)
-Set it Off (they've been my favorite for a while, i love their style of music)
-RichaadEB (there are LOTS of different artists that could be here but at the moment i am obsessed with these covers)

-i don't really have any artists i don't like

-i've been to one live concert for Thousand Foot Krutch, but i don't have much time for concerts :(

-i'm gonna flip the question, and say that i really don't like I'll Sleep When I'm Dead by Set it Off

-tbh. party tattoos-dodie

-Kowareyasuki-Guilty Kiss

-i do not :(

-Pluto Tapes III (Unlike Pluto)

-she-dodie

-Unlike Pluto

-not that i can think of?

-Dead Girl Walking from Heathers

-Unlike Pluto started his Pluto Tapes project around 2016, where he aims to release a song a week (or every other week?)

-Stuff is Way-They Might Be Giants (still kinda slaps)

-i have no idea

-i can sing well? does that count?

-that one choir christmas song. hark how the bells, sweet silver bells.
em/sai | all pronouns | fr+2 | pings ok
wishlist | fandragon project
probably on ffxiv
This is my secret text... Let's keep it between us, ok?
-> HES SO SMALL AAAA
aKhVpRf.png
Do you listen to music in general? Yes. All kinds of music.
How much do you listen in a single day? Depends on the day, but at least half an hour, if not more.
What's your favorite genre of music? Again, it depends on the day. I like things from Musical Theatre to Symphonic Metal to Bubblegum Pop. Right now, probably 90s/00s "alternative pop". Think Alanis Morissette and Third Eye Blind.
List at least three artists/bands what are your favorites currently! Seanan McGuire, because she is such a talented writer and has a lovely voice, and "Stars Fall Home" is one of my favorite albums of all time. The Misbehavin' Maidens, because their songs are hilarious and fun, and who doesn't love a capella four part women's harmony with fandom-inspired sea shanties? Rihanna, because I love her vocal quality, and her songs are amazing.
List at least three artists/bands what aren't your cup of tea. Sadly, Drake, because of all the allegations of him regarding underaged girls; Jimmy from Degrassi didn't seem to learn that particular life lesson. Katy Perry - she seems like she'd be right up my alley, but there's something that doesn't click for me. It's hard to think of a third, because I'm so used to listening to music I already know, or if something comes up on Pandora, I'll thumbs down it and just move on.
Have you ever been in live concerts/watched them online? I saw Seanan McGuire at ChessieCon for the Lady Mondegren reunion concert, and I've seen the Misbehavin' Maidens twice at conventions, then once on a YouTube stream from backing their third album.
Do you have an artist/band you don't like but have a song from them you like deeply? (This question can also be flipped! Aka an artist/band you like but a song from them you don't like) I'm not sure if it counts, but Nickleback. I like them in very small doses - aka one song at a time, sandwiched between other songs - so long as it isn't "Photograph". Nickleback seems like the easy out, though, since it's been a meme to dislike them.
If you could use a song to be used about a fictional document what tells you as a person, what song would it be? Meredith Brooks' "B****" relates to me more and more as I get older. I think that in tandem with "Storybook", from the Scarlet Pimpernel.
If you could make a video game and there was a big bad boss, what theme would it have? Oooh, something from Nightwish, probably. Or one of Jim Steinman's epic instrumentals.
Do you have physical CDs/purchases from ITunes, etc.? Both. Not everything is on iTunes, after all.
What's your favorite cover of any album? The first one that popped into my mind was Meatloaf's "Bat out of Hell II". Was it done by Boris? The imagery tells you everything you need to know about the kind of album it will be, and it's perfect.
What song makes you automatically cry? "Objects in the Rearview Mirror", by Meatloaf. Also, "Blow Us All Away" from Hamilton, aka Phillip Hamilton has a horrible idea.
What songs/artists/bands you consider to be underrated? Meatloaf. Especially Meatloaf when scored by Jim Steinman. Really, anything by Jim Steinman. He's an amazing composer/arranger. Song would be "Original Sin," by Taylor Dayne - which is also composed by Steinman. Also, a lot of Frank Wildhorn musicals. Jekyll & Hyde is amazing, as is The Scarlet Pimpernel (esp. version 4).
Have you had that single song what you have searched for so long, but someday you discovered it? Not sure exactly what that means, but I'm taking it as a song I heard, loved, and then couldn't find again for years. In that scenario - yes. Swing Out Sister's "Am I the Same Girl". Loved it in middle school, didn't hear it for like 20 years, and then heard it over the grocery store speakers at Wegmans, and had an instant rush of happiness. And I've heard it more often since.
What's your current earworm? Just one? I have a different one every day. Currently, "Night Falls", from the Descendants 3 soundtrack. Granted, I do that to myself, since I'll play it on repeat in the car on the way to work, but doing that tends to get rid of less enjoyable earworms.
List at least one interesting fact about a song/artist/band you know of! Rupert Holmes (guy who did the Pina Colada song) wrote a song about Days of Our Lives, the soap opera, that was all crazy plot that started in the middle and stopped in the middle of plot. He'd had a depressive period, and ended up watching the soap daily, and decided to do a song to commemorate that period. He changed the character names, but if you knew the show from the 70s/80s, you would be able to tell it was based on Days. (My mother is a huge Rupert Holmes fan, so I have heard many of his songs)
What song do you consider to have dumb lyrics? "Happy Talk", from South Pacific. I get it in context, but it isn't my favorite, lyrically.
Does your country have folk songs? Pretty sure the US has folk songs, yes.
Can you play an instrument. If so, what? Not anymore. I used to be able to pick at a guitar when I was a kid, but it's been 30 years since I've played. I'd like to pick up the uke, since it's a better fit for my handspan, and it seems fun, but I haven't done it yet. My sister is the one who can play all the instruments in my family.
As we're getting closer to Christmas, what's your favorite Christmas song? Transiberian Orchestra's "Christmas Eve Sarajevo". Gorgeous, epic instrumentals that pull several carols together into one amazing masterpiece song.
Do you listen to music in general? Yes. All kinds of music.
How much do you listen in a single day? Depends on the day, but at least half an hour, if not more.
What's your favorite genre of music? Again, it depends on the day. I like things from Musical Theatre to Symphonic Metal to Bubblegum Pop. Right now, probably 90s/00s "alternative pop". Think Alanis Morissette and Third Eye Blind.
List at least three artists/bands what are your favorites currently! Seanan McGuire, because she is such a talented writer and has a lovely voice, and "Stars Fall Home" is one of my favorite albums of all time. The Misbehavin' Maidens, because their songs are hilarious and fun, and who doesn't love a capella four part women's harmony with fandom-inspired sea shanties? Rihanna, because I love her vocal quality, and her songs are amazing.
List at least three artists/bands what aren't your cup of tea. Sadly, Drake, because of all the allegations of him regarding underaged girls; Jimmy from Degrassi didn't seem to learn that particular life lesson. Katy Perry - she seems like she'd be right up my alley, but there's something that doesn't click for me. It's hard to think of a third, because I'm so used to listening to music I already know, or if something comes up on Pandora, I'll thumbs down it and just move on.
Have you ever been in live concerts/watched them online? I saw Seanan McGuire at ChessieCon for the Lady Mondegren reunion concert, and I've seen the Misbehavin' Maidens twice at conventions, then once on a YouTube stream from backing their third album.
Do you have an artist/band you don't like but have a song from them you like deeply? (This question can also be flipped! Aka an artist/band you like but a song from them you don't like) I'm not sure if it counts, but Nickleback. I like them in very small doses - aka one song at a time, sandwiched between other songs - so long as it isn't "Photograph". Nickleback seems like the easy out, though, since it's been a meme to dislike them.
If you could use a song to be used about a fictional document what tells you as a person, what song would it be? Meredith Brooks' "B****" relates to me more and more as I get older. I think that in tandem with "Storybook", from the Scarlet Pimpernel.
If you could make a video game and there was a big bad boss, what theme would it have? Oooh, something from Nightwish, probably. Or one of Jim Steinman's epic instrumentals.
Do you have physical CDs/purchases from ITunes, etc.? Both. Not everything is on iTunes, after all.
What's your favorite cover of any album? The first one that popped into my mind was Meatloaf's "Bat out of Hell II". Was it done by Boris? The imagery tells you everything you need to know about the kind of album it will be, and it's perfect.
What song makes you automatically cry? "Objects in the Rearview Mirror", by Meatloaf. Also, "Blow Us All Away" from Hamilton, aka Phillip Hamilton has a horrible idea.
What songs/artists/bands you consider to be underrated? Meatloaf. Especially Meatloaf when scored by Jim Steinman. Really, anything by Jim Steinman. He's an amazing composer/arranger. Song would be "Original Sin," by Taylor Dayne - which is also composed by Steinman. Also, a lot of Frank Wildhorn musicals. Jekyll & Hyde is amazing, as is The Scarlet Pimpernel (esp. version 4).
Have you had that single song what you have searched for so long, but someday you discovered it? Not sure exactly what that means, but I'm taking it as a song I heard, loved, and then couldn't find again for years. In that scenario - yes. Swing Out Sister's "Am I the Same Girl". Loved it in middle school, didn't hear it for like 20 years, and then heard it over the grocery store speakers at Wegmans, and had an instant rush of happiness. And I've heard it more often since.
What's your current earworm? Just one? I have a different one every day. Currently, "Night Falls", from the Descendants 3 soundtrack. Granted, I do that to myself, since I'll play it on repeat in the car on the way to work, but doing that tends to get rid of less enjoyable earworms.
List at least one interesting fact about a song/artist/band you know of! Rupert Holmes (guy who did the Pina Colada song) wrote a song about Days of Our Lives, the soap opera, that was all crazy plot that started in the middle and stopped in the middle of plot. He'd had a depressive period, and ended up watching the soap daily, and decided to do a song to commemorate that period. He changed the character names, but if you knew the show from the 70s/80s, you would be able to tell it was based on Days. (My mother is a huge Rupert Holmes fan, so I have heard many of his songs)
What song do you consider to have dumb lyrics? "Happy Talk", from South Pacific. I get it in context, but it isn't my favorite, lyrically.
Does your country have folk songs? Pretty sure the US has folk songs, yes.
Can you play an instrument. If so, what? Not anymore. I used to be able to pick at a guitar when I was a kid, but it's been 30 years since I've played. I'd like to pick up the uke, since it's a better fit for my handspan, and it seems fun, but I haven't done it yet. My sister is the one who can play all the instruments in my family.
As we're getting closer to Christmas, what's your favorite Christmas song? Transiberian Orchestra's "Christmas Eve Sarajevo". Gorgeous, epic instrumentals that pull several carols together into one amazing masterpiece song.
noli timere tempestatem. tempestas est res pulchra. ama tempestatem et gaude in pulchritudine.
595bwIn.png
nunc, ad tuas labores reveni!
Do you listen to music in general? (This can range from listening to your Spotify lists to concerts): HELL YEAH
How much do you listen in a single day?: Hm. Whenever I can, which fluctuates a lot.
What's your favorite genre of music? (It doesn't need to be extremely notified) Video game soundtracks with a classical feel, like monster hunter and TF2.
List at least three artists/bands what are your favorites currently! If so, why?: Not artists or bands, but the TF2 soundtrack, the MH4U soundtrack, and the End of the Line soundtrack.
List at least three artists/bands what aren't your cup of tea. If so, why?: Obnoxious rap/screaming only metal. Don't know the bands or artists, but if they make these, I don't like.
Have you ever been in live concerts/watched them online? No
Do you have an artist/band you don't like but have a song from them you like deeply? No
If you could use a song to be used about a fictional document what tells you as a person, what song would it be?: Proof of a Hero
If you could make a video game and there was a big bad boss, what theme would it have?: Gogmazios Theme or Rise of the Living Bread
Do you have physical CDs/purchases from ITunes, etc.? No
What's your favorite cover of any album? Don't know.
What song makes you automatically cry? 'Stay Alive Reprise'
What songs/artists/bands you consider to be underrated? Don't know
Have you had that single song what you have searched for so long, but someday you discovered it? Yes! ecstasy of gold
What's your current earworm?:The entire End of the Line soundtrack, specifically A Train To Catch and Sacrifice
List at least one interesting fact about a song/artist/band you know of! Not sure.
What song do you consider to have dumb lyrics? Don't know.
Does your country have folk songs? I think?
Can you play an instrument. If so, what? Yes! I can play Viola and bass guitar
As we're getting closer to Christmas, what's your favorite Christmas song? ALL OF THEM
Do you listen to music in general? (This can range from listening to your Spotify lists to concerts): HELL YEAH
How much do you listen in a single day?: Hm. Whenever I can, which fluctuates a lot.
What's your favorite genre of music? (It doesn't need to be extremely notified) Video game soundtracks with a classical feel, like monster hunter and TF2.
List at least three artists/bands what are your favorites currently! If so, why?: Not artists or bands, but the TF2 soundtrack, the MH4U soundtrack, and the End of the Line soundtrack.
List at least three artists/bands what aren't your cup of tea. If so, why?: Obnoxious rap/screaming only metal. Don't know the bands or artists, but if they make these, I don't like.
Have you ever been in live concerts/watched them online? No
Do you have an artist/band you don't like but have a song from them you like deeply? No
If you could use a song to be used about a fictional document what tells you as a person, what song would it be?: Proof of a Hero
If you could make a video game and there was a big bad boss, what theme would it have?: Gogmazios Theme or Rise of the Living Bread
Do you have physical CDs/purchases from ITunes, etc.? No
What's your favorite cover of any album? Don't know.
What song makes you automatically cry? 'Stay Alive Reprise'
What songs/artists/bands you consider to be underrated? Don't know
Have you had that single song what you have searched for so long, but someday you discovered it? Yes! ecstasy of gold
What's your current earworm?:The entire End of the Line soundtrack, specifically A Train To Catch and Sacrifice
List at least one interesting fact about a song/artist/band you know of! Not sure.
What song do you consider to have dumb lyrics? Don't know.
Does your country have folk songs? I think?
Can you play an instrument. If so, what? Yes! I can play Viola and bass guitar
As we're getting closer to Christmas, what's your favorite Christmas song? ALL OF THEM
1 2 3 4