Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | When I was a child, I believed...
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 41 42
that October didnt exist

when reciting the months as a kid i would (accidentally) miss out october. and still to this day i still sometimes do lol

my parents thought i was missing it out on purpose (i was not)
that October didnt exist

when reciting the months as a kid i would (accidentally) miss out october. and still to this day i still sometimes do lol

my parents thought i was missing it out on purpose (i was not)
RpJRPaD.png
uGR9lra.png
EuyQ8QK.png
QuQZYv7.png
a
My dad told me once that the mountains you can see in the distance are really big whales and I believed him for like 5 years.

Sometimes I still think "whale" when I see a distant mountain out of the corner of my eye
My dad told me once that the mountains you can see in the distance are really big whales and I believed him for like 5 years.

Sometimes I still think "whale" when I see a distant mountain out of the corner of my eye
That everyone was in truth a bunch of aliens which were just experimenting on me by giving me a "human life" to see how human emotions work on an everyday basis.
That everyone was in truth a bunch of aliens which were just experimenting on me by giving me a "human life" to see how human emotions work on an everyday basis.
That the Loch Ness Monster was an eel.

I might be right now..??
That the Loch Ness Monster was an eel.

I might be right now..??
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
...babies were made by putting your belly buttons together. ...that my toys came to life when I left the room, and I tried very hard to convince them that I could be trusted not to tell anyone because I loved them and was very lonely. ...if I crossed my eyes while looking at someone that I had a crush on, my eyes were shimmering like the Duke's in [i]Moulin Rouge[/i]. [img]https://media1.tenor.com/images/cdb8849b2f74182358ae9f8f492147cd/tenor.gif[/img]
...babies were made by putting your belly buttons together.
...that my toys came to life when I left the room, and I tried very hard to convince them that I could be trusted not to tell anyone because I loved them and was very lonely.
...if I crossed my eyes while looking at someone that I had a crush on, my eyes were shimmering like the Duke's in Moulin Rouge.

tenor.gif
tFtivUoURYLbG.gif
...that pillows were made of clouds, and vice versa.

...that I could speak the language of pugs.(Which happened to be breathing in syllables that matched up with the English words I thought they were saying.)

...that nouch [Pronounced "no + ch"] was an everyday English word.(Found out that it's a regional dialect of German that isn't written, and only a few thousand people know it. Learned that about 2 years ago.)

...that hundreds of mice would come in the middle of the night and eat everything I had made of cloth, leaving me crying naked on my bed with no blankets to keep me warm

...that walnuts were poisonous to everything but rats.

...that becoming an adult meant I didn't have to be afraid of my brother.

...that being a cop just meant you got to carry a gun and were given free donuts.(Not entirely wrong, unfortunately.)

...that science was just pouring stuff from one test tube into another and going "hmm..."

...lightsabers were real, but only spies had them.(My brother made that one up.)

...if you stepped on too many storm drains or manhole covers, a monster would suck you down.

...that the one strange pool of water next to a popular local fishing lake had a "suck hole" at the bottom that would pull you down. It looked like the sand in the bottom was being pulled in or pushed out. All kids always think it's a suck hole, but it's actually a spring that is just pushing the sand up with a constant flow of icy cold water.

...that some people had heart plugs (like in the movie "Dune") and that if your heart plug was removed, you had exactly 4 seconds to live.(My brother told me that one, too.)

...that this girl I liked and her older friend(or sister or whatever she was) secretly lived in a space in my house that was shaped like a room, but I didn't know what was there.(I later realized there was a closet there.) I also thought that I would marry that girl, and that my one brother would marry her friend, because my brother had glasses, and that girl had glasses.

...that Jesus gave magical powers to anyone that believed hard enough.

...that if I flapped my arms like wings, and my children did the same, then my descendants would be able to fly.(I seem to have come up with Lamarckian evolution at the age of 4.)

...that one of my classmates in 2nd grade was a witch.

...that a friend who was a boy was a boyfriend.(My brothers made me feel infinite embarrassment for that one.)

...that a single palm tree would produce 1 coconut per day, that coconut milk was regular milk, and that milk was the perfect food, and therefore you could live happily with a single palm tree anywhere in the world. My plan was to live in the bay window of this one shop.
...that pillows were made of clouds, and vice versa.

...that I could speak the language of pugs.(Which happened to be breathing in syllables that matched up with the English words I thought they were saying.)

...that nouch [Pronounced "no + ch"] was an everyday English word.(Found out that it's a regional dialect of German that isn't written, and only a few thousand people know it. Learned that about 2 years ago.)

...that hundreds of mice would come in the middle of the night and eat everything I had made of cloth, leaving me crying naked on my bed with no blankets to keep me warm

...that walnuts were poisonous to everything but rats.

...that becoming an adult meant I didn't have to be afraid of my brother.

...that being a cop just meant you got to carry a gun and were given free donuts.(Not entirely wrong, unfortunately.)

...that science was just pouring stuff from one test tube into another and going "hmm..."

...lightsabers were real, but only spies had them.(My brother made that one up.)

...if you stepped on too many storm drains or manhole covers, a monster would suck you down.

...that the one strange pool of water next to a popular local fishing lake had a "suck hole" at the bottom that would pull you down. It looked like the sand in the bottom was being pulled in or pushed out. All kids always think it's a suck hole, but it's actually a spring that is just pushing the sand up with a constant flow of icy cold water.

...that some people had heart plugs (like in the movie "Dune") and that if your heart plug was removed, you had exactly 4 seconds to live.(My brother told me that one, too.)

...that this girl I liked and her older friend(or sister or whatever she was) secretly lived in a space in my house that was shaped like a room, but I didn't know what was there.(I later realized there was a closet there.) I also thought that I would marry that girl, and that my one brother would marry her friend, because my brother had glasses, and that girl had glasses.

...that Jesus gave magical powers to anyone that believed hard enough.

...that if I flapped my arms like wings, and my children did the same, then my descendants would be able to fly.(I seem to have come up with Lamarckian evolution at the age of 4.)

...that one of my classmates in 2nd grade was a witch.

...that a friend who was a boy was a boyfriend.(My brothers made me feel infinite embarrassment for that one.)

...that a single palm tree would produce 1 coconut per day, that coconut milk was regular milk, and that milk was the perfect food, and therefore you could live happily with a single palm tree anywhere in the world. My plan was to live in the bay window of this one shop.
...If you swallowed a watermelon seed, you'd grow a watermelon in your stomach.

...If your chin turns yellow when you hold a buttercup up to it, you like butter.

...The heron that begged for fish whenever we went fishing was the same bird.
...If you swallowed a watermelon seed, you'd grow a watermelon in your stomach.

...If your chin turns yellow when you hold a buttercup up to it, you like butter.

...The heron that begged for fish whenever we went fishing was the same bird.
FfsFHyt.png
That "lol" meant literately nothing. Thanks, sister

That every state was bordered by rivers.

That America was five minutes away from Missouri.

That I wasn't in North America, no matter what my second grade teacher tells me

That the Earth was flat (NO ONE taught me this)

That I was a reincarnated angel sent by God

That cats were reborn nine times.

That my parents would change my name every birthday

That I could decide whenever I want to have my birthday

That my real mom was replaced with another mom identical to her. I have a memory of my mom going out the front door. I cried, causing her to go down stairs to check on me.... somehow. She also wore a different set of earrings, so I knew they had to be separate people.
That "lol" meant literately nothing. Thanks, sister

That every state was bordered by rivers.

That America was five minutes away from Missouri.

That I wasn't in North America, no matter what my second grade teacher tells me

That the Earth was flat (NO ONE taught me this)

That I was a reincarnated angel sent by God

That cats were reborn nine times.

That my parents would change my name every birthday

That I could decide whenever I want to have my birthday

That my real mom was replaced with another mom identical to her. I have a memory of my mom going out the front door. I cried, causing her to go down stairs to check on me.... somehow. She also wore a different set of earrings, so I knew they had to be separate people.
tumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o3_100.gifjXBxdgJ.pngfire.pngx0CMhAc.pngtumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o4_100.gif
That if I counted back from 100 that I'd fall asleep.

I watched a lot of Rescue 911 as a kid, and didn't realize that the patients were getting general anesthesia.
That if I counted back from 100 that I'd fall asleep.

I watched a lot of Rescue 911 as a kid, and didn't realize that the patients were getting general anesthesia.
UZ6dqn4.png
That phone calls worked by our voices travelling really fast through the telephone poles/ wires. Naturally when I saw my first cellphone, my mind couldn’t handle it lmaoo

Also that you actually could “dig to China”. Very disappointing to learn how impossible it was and that my parents only said that to keep me occupied while at the beach.
That phone calls worked by our voices travelling really fast through the telephone poles/ wires. Naturally when I saw my first cellphone, my mind couldn’t handle it lmaoo

Also that you actually could “dig to China”. Very disappointing to learn how impossible it was and that my parents only said that to keep me occupied while at the beach.
Untitled_Artwork.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 41 42