Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Hollow Knight Fans U-Knight!
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 66 67
@Falinks
I'm trying to defeat Grimm but holy god he's fast and I lost 4 masks to his pufferfish attack. Any suggestions? I want that grimmchild D:
@Falinks
I'm trying to defeat Grimm but holy god he's fast and I lost 4 masks to his pufferfish attack. Any suggestions? I want that grimmchild D:
@Ossium

The best thing to do with the pufferfish attack is quick, singular jumps. If you double jump you might get hit by the ones above you. I used an extra charm slot to put sprintmaster in, it made me move just a little faster and helped

@Falinks

Yeah I tried again yesterday, almost got Pure Vessel AGAIN but the void tendrils... >:( I've been practicing in the Hall of Gods and am getting good at dodging, it's mainly the void tendrils. My Steel Soul right now is approaching Hornet v2 (Hornet Sentinel) and I'm so afraid she's going to end my playthrough right there lol I'm so nervous
@Ossium

The best thing to do with the pufferfish attack is quick, singular jumps. If you double jump you might get hit by the ones above you. I used an extra charm slot to put sprintmaster in, it made me move just a little faster and helped

@Falinks

Yeah I tried again yesterday, almost got Pure Vessel AGAIN but the void tendrils... >:( I've been practicing in the Hall of Gods and am getting good at dodging, it's mainly the void tendrils. My Steel Soul right now is approaching Hornet v2 (Hornet Sentinel) and I'm so afraid she's going to end my playthrough right there lol I'm so nervous
X6Uoodf.png
xey/xem/xyr, fae/faen/faer, or they/them/their - FR+3
Spoilers for some late game bosses ahead

To dodge Nightmare King Grimm and Pure Vessel's spike attack (the ones that pop up from the ground) I highly recommend jumping. It has always been a good strategy for me at least since I find it to give me more maneuverability and time to think where to dodge. Also for the Pure Vessel, only go for a few hits at a time since he loves to parry. Also for The Radiance and her godhome version, spells are probably your best friend
Spoilers for some late game bosses ahead

To dodge Nightmare King Grimm and Pure Vessel's spike attack (the ones that pop up from the ground) I highly recommend jumping. It has always been a good strategy for me at least since I find it to give me more maneuverability and time to think where to dodge. Also for the Pure Vessel, only go for a few hits at a time since he loves to parry. Also for The Radiance and her godhome version, spells are probably your best friend
Yes, my lair is a thematic mess but I like all of the flights. And yes, I will name those dragons at some point

3B15OeM.png
HouhGS9.png4SzSxLW.pngMUYNhfy.png
YMPbu9R.png
Spoiler for godhome content >>"

I made it to Absolute Radiance again. Died when I accidentally dashed into her teleporting to a new location in the second phase... ToT

I always forget that your masks automatically heal when you enter her fight after Pure Vessel, I need to save as much soul as possible to spam spells on her lol.
Spoiler for godhome content >>"

I made it to Absolute Radiance again. Died when I accidentally dashed into her teleporting to a new location in the second phase... ToT

I always forget that your masks automatically heal when you enter her fight after Pure Vessel, I need to save as much soul as possible to spam spells on her lol.
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
[quote name="Ceruleanfire" date="2020-05-07 22:17:04" ] I always forget that your masks automatically heal when you enter her fight after Pure Vessel, I need to save as much soul as possible to spam spells on her lol. [/quote] They WUT NOW? Why had I never noticed this?
Ceruleanfire wrote on 2020-05-07 22:17:04:

They WUT NOW?

Why had I never noticed this?
Nothing much to say here.

slCEFYq.png
sZShZzW.png
Wait a second for Pantheon of Hallownest do you have to defeat all the bosses without dying? As in if you die you have to restart from the beginning...?

Wait a second for Pantheon of Hallownest do you have to defeat all the bosses without dying? As in if you die you have to restart from the beginning...?

[quote name="@Ossium" date="2020-05-08 17:41:02" ] Wait a second for Pantheon of Hallownest do you have to defeat all the bosses without dying? As in if you die you have to restart from the beginning...? [/quote] If you mean from the beginning of the game/all of the pantheons, no. But if you die, you do have to start PoH from the beginning again, yes. Its very much painful. :')
@Ossium wrote on 2020-05-08 17:41:02:
If you mean from the beginning of the game/all of the pantheons, no. But if you die, you do have to start PoH from the beginning again, yes. Its very much painful. :')

» She/Her
@Ceruleanfire
Ah. 'Tis impossible.
@Ceruleanfire
Ah. 'Tis impossible.
@Ossium
I wouldn't say that, but it certainly can feel like it lmao. Like the other pantheons, there are little hotspring/bench breaks that transition certain fights, so it gives you a chance to fully heal and top your soul. ^^
@Ossium
I wouldn't say that, but it certainly can feel like it lmao. Like the other pantheons, there are little hotspring/bench breaks that transition certain fights, so it gives you a chance to fully heal and top your soul. ^^

» She/Her
@Ceruleanfire
So it's like every single boss ingame including the DLC's. I can just feel the adrenaline a rush like that would bring.
@Ceruleanfire
So it's like every single boss ingame including the DLC's. I can just feel the adrenaline a rush like that would bring.
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 66 67