Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Did You Have To Learn Cursive in School?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
Yes, and I'm a bit disappointed that some schools in the US have dropped it from the curriculum. I never write in cursive now, but I think it's still important and helps to develop a unique handwriting style. Mine is a mix of print and cursive, and many of my professors and peers write almost entirely in cursive so if I never got that instruction in school it may be tough to read their writing??
Yes, and I'm a bit disappointed that some schools in the US have dropped it from the curriculum. I never write in cursive now, but I think it's still important and helps to develop a unique handwriting style. Mine is a mix of print and cursive, and many of my professors and peers write almost entirely in cursive so if I never got that instruction in school it may be tough to read their writing??
tumblr_nsl2ezQmvD1slad33o1_250.png
(from Scotland)

I had to learn it in primary 3, and through the rest of primary school we'd have regular handwriting sessions with those weird notebooks that had tons of lines in them. We also had to write everything in cursive. Moved up to secondary school when we were all 12 and the teachers there couldn't have cared less

I've since progressed to. uh. halfway between cursive and not. I can't commit to either style
(from Scotland)

I had to learn it in primary 3, and through the rest of primary school we'd have regular handwriting sessions with those weird notebooks that had tons of lines in them. We also had to write everything in cursive. Moved up to secondary school when we were all 12 and the teachers there couldn't have cared less

I've since progressed to. uh. halfway between cursive and not. I can't commit to either style
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
yeah i had to learn it in 3rd grade but i haven't properly written in cursive in years
my handwriting is terrible as it is and cursive does not help that
yeah i had to learn it in 3rd grade but i haven't properly written in cursive in years
my handwriting is terrible as it is and cursive does not help that
an animated feraligatr sprite from pokemon crystal > call me mantis
> they / she
> fr +2
> art dump
w the nonbinary flag and the word nonbinary
the asexual flag and the word asexual
the lesbian flag and the word lesbian
free buttons
ee > reply hazy,
try again... blinking_cursor.gif
it is mandatory to learn writing in cursive in russia, tho only in russian language, many schools don't teach how to write in cursive in english (sadly?)
it is mandatory to learn writing in cursive in russia, tho only in russian language, many schools don't teach how to write in cursive in english (sadly?)
y6Tz96p.png

Artemy | he/him | +10 FR time
Im from germany, and we had to learn it from 3rd to 4th grade, and generally used it till 6th grade, after that everyone just started writing the way that they felt the most comfortable with.

but as a left handed person with messy handwriting, i really did not have a good time with that,,
Im from germany, and we had to learn it from 3rd to 4th grade, and generally used it till 6th grade, after that everyone just started writing the way that they felt the most comfortable with.

but as a left handed person with messy handwriting, i really did not have a good time with that,,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With loyalty will I endeavour to aid THE PLAGUEBRINGER in her work,

and as a 'missioner of health' I will dedicate myself to devoted service to dragon welfare.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
from the US, we learned it in like 3rd grade. Don't think its really in the curriculum anymore? Proved to be kind of useless, most peoples legal signatures are chicken scratch/illegible loops and I can't write mine the same way twice :s
from the US, we learned it in like 3rd grade. Don't think its really in the curriculum anymore? Proved to be kind of useless, most peoples legal signatures are chicken scratch/illegible loops and I can't write mine the same way twice :s
A rotating signature of Elden Ring talisman items._
♦ He/Him | FR+2 | Earth symbol Lightning symbol
Hatchery
Art Shop
Achievement Tips

__________________________________Gif of a boston terrier chewing gum
[quote name="gaygirl420" date="2019-08-15 12:09:55" ] Im from germany, and we had to learn it from 3rd to 4th grade, and generally used it till 6th grade, after that everyone just started writing the way that they felt the most comfortable with. but as a left handed person with messy handwriting, i really did not have a good time with that,, [/quote] [color=#800040]From Germany as well, and I remember it basically being the only way to write that was taught during my early school years. We weren't allowed to write any other way - you would get minus points if you wrote things with your own handwriting ... which sucked for me, because I [i]hate[/i] cursive. It feels ncomfrotable to write for me and also just takes unnecessarily long. I had developed my own handwriting in 3rd grade already. Being forced to use cursive sucked big time. At least in 5th grade we finally were allowed to use our own handwriting. [/color]
gaygirl420 wrote on 2019-08-15 12:09:55:

From Germany as well, and I remember it basically being the only way to write that was taught during my early school years. We weren't allowed to write any other way - you would get minus points if you wrote things with your own handwriting ... which sucked for me, because I hate cursive. It feels ncomfrotable to write for me and also just takes unnecessarily long. I had developed my own handwriting in 3rd grade already. Being forced to use cursive sucked big time. At least in 5th grade we finally were allowed to use our own handwriting.
iIrk1Wj.png
They made us learn a very basic class in cursive in third grade her never cared after that for me
They made us learn a very basic class in cursive in third grade her never cared after that for me
+2 FR time
he/they
I was taught cursive in grade school. I'm from the United States, myself. I still use cursive sometimes, actually, and read it quite well. When I was taught, you couldn't print anything. It had to be in cursive. I adapted quite well, and my cursive is neater than my printing. Sometimes cursive is less painful for my hands, so I default to it whenever I can take my time and write something down without having to rush.
I was taught cursive in grade school. I'm from the United States, myself. I still use cursive sometimes, actually, and read it quite well. When I was taught, you couldn't print anything. It had to be in cursive. I adapted quite well, and my cursive is neater than my printing. Sometimes cursive is less painful for my hands, so I default to it whenever I can take my time and write something down without having to rush.
cCYLT6h.png z8s5c34.png
5iXiC8z.png
4BheGMt.png
AaYNmEX.png
Al1BEGR.png
BPzUHdW.png
UuKod4C.png
JvUa9ma.png
5iXIYjY.png
In 3rd grade, we had to, but my teacher lost patience because very few of us could read or write it. Since nobody had mastered it at the end of the year, she gave us the whole cursive packet for "summer homework" and told us to learn it over the summer. Honestly, I think I'm the only one who did, and I wrote everything in cursive in 4th grade until my teacher told me to stop. I haven't written in cursive in a while now.
In 3rd grade, we had to, but my teacher lost patience because very few of us could read or write it. Since nobody had mastered it at the end of the year, she gave us the whole cursive packet for "summer homework" and told us to learn it over the summer. Honestly, I think I'm the only one who did, and I wrote everything in cursive in 4th grade until my teacher told me to stop. I haven't written in cursive in a while now.
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15