Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | fellow 'muricans, let us celebrate
1 2 3
I took my friend's daughter to get ice cream, where the whole time she argued that I was flirting (because apparently if I smile and say hi to the cashiers, I'm flirting). But hey, on the plus side, they thought she was adorable and our orders got upsized!

Then tonight we watched the fireworks people were setting off down the road just outside of town, they do it every year. We're also going to set off some stuff this weekend at a cookout at another friend's place out in the country because most of our friends or their partners/spouses had to work today. The one friend has some nice fireworks to set off, and has some sparklers and smaller stuff we can do without risk of the kids (or, you know, clumsy me) blowing a hand or arm off.
I took my friend's daughter to get ice cream, where the whole time she argued that I was flirting (because apparently if I smile and say hi to the cashiers, I'm flirting). But hey, on the plus side, they thought she was adorable and our orders got upsized!

Then tonight we watched the fireworks people were setting off down the road just outside of town, they do it every year. We're also going to set off some stuff this weekend at a cookout at another friend's place out in the country because most of our friends or their partners/spouses had to work today. The one friend has some nice fireworks to set off, and has some sparklers and smaller stuff we can do without risk of the kids (or, you know, clumsy me) blowing a hand or arm off.
Formerly known as Brenning.
[quote name="Disturbed" date="2019-07-04 10:42:53" ] I'm celebrating by working. Yay america. [/quote] god bless this country where we have to work during our own damn holiday just to put food on the table
Disturbed wrote on 2019-07-04 10:42:53:
I'm celebrating by working. Yay america.

god bless this country where we have to work during our own damn holiday just to put food on the table
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SASSYPANTS DRAGON SUPPORT

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOUR DRAGON OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN

located on the coldest cliff of the cloudscrape crags as dragonly possible For Your Convenience

*herald trumpets* welcome to the ghost kingdom
I have a migraine, so not celebrating. Have ear plugs in, can still hear the fireworks.
I have a migraine, so not celebrating. Have ear plugs in, can still hear the fireworks.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
as someone who’s generally sensitive to noise/bright flashes of light and also hates capitalism the fourth of july is my least favorite holiday

went to a museum and had fun there though
as someone who’s generally sensitive to noise/bright flashes of light and also hates capitalism the fourth of july is my least favorite holiday

went to a museum and had fun there though
nightskyseer |answers to parts of username or Spectral|she/her/they/them | fr time +0
@nightskyseer

I'm right there with you on noise. I'm noise and light sensitive on a normal day, and particularly so today. New Years is annoying for the fireworks too, but at least they usually stick to just that night. Here we get fireworks all week for the 4th.

What museum did you go to? I love museums.
@nightskyseer

I'm right there with you on noise. I'm noise and light sensitive on a normal day, and particularly so today. New Years is annoying for the fireworks too, but at least they usually stick to just that night. Here we get fireworks all week for the 4th.

Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
[quote name="DragonofMordor" date="2019-07-04 22:10:26" ] @/nightskyseer I'm right there with you on noise. I'm noise and light sensitive on a normal day, and particularly so today. New Years is annoying for the fireworks too, but at least they usually stick to just that night. Here we get fireworks all week for the 4th. What museum did you go to? I love museums. [/quote] Ugh, having them all week sounds horrible. We don’t really get New Years’ fireworks around here, thankfully, but sometimes people decide to set them off at random times because we’re not in a crowded area or something. A science museum! It was a lot of stuff you can touch/play with/etc. Almost stuck my hand in a vacuum but they had a mechanism preventing curious idiots like me from doing so.
DragonofMordor wrote on 2019-07-04 22:10:26:
@/nightskyseer

Ugh, having them all week sounds horrible. We don’t really get New Years’ fireworks around here, thankfully, but sometimes people decide to set them off at random times because we’re not in a crowded area or something.

A science museum! It was a lot of stuff you can touch/play with/etc. Almost stuck my hand in a vacuum but they had a mechanism preventing curious idiots like me from doing so.
nightskyseer |answers to parts of username or Spectral|she/her/they/them | fr time +0
Oooo, I love science museums. I grew up in Boston, and I loved going to the science museum as a kid.

I currently live in Texas, so July 4 is a huge deal here. People go all out with the fireworks.
Oooo, I love science museums. I grew up in Boston, and I loved going to the science museum as a kid.

I currently live in Texas, so July 4 is a huge deal here. People go all out with the fireworks.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
1 2 3