Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | animal crossing new horizons!!!!
1 2 3
I'M EXCITED.!! But yeah as @blueflare said I'm happy about local multiplayer (I've wanted that forever since my sister and I both play) and I wish for different villager interactions! In acnl after a while they ran out of stuff to say :(.
I think the graphics look a tad washed out to me? Was that just me (like less vibrant)? although they also look beautiful and modern what with the sharpness and detail. I think the crafting aspect is pretty cool too. My final thought is, god I hope Isabelle is in this game and maybe that we get to buy the island and become mayor of it eventually. I'm so jazzed for it all. It's gonna be cool to build a island from the ground up basically.
I'M EXCITED.!! But yeah as @blueflare said I'm happy about local multiplayer (I've wanted that forever since my sister and I both play) and I wish for different villager interactions! In acnl after a while they ran out of stuff to say :(.
I think the graphics look a tad washed out to me? Was that just me (like less vibrant)? although they also look beautiful and modern what with the sharpness and detail. I think the crafting aspect is pretty cool too. My final thought is, god I hope Isabelle is in this game and maybe that we get to buy the island and become mayor of it eventually. I'm so jazzed for it all. It's gonna be cool to build a island from the ground up basically.

bannerart_2021.png
@Skarpetky
I was trying to find some of the reasons I felt mixed but I feel like you described it with the "washed" out feeling. I'm defininitely going to get it and probably enjoy it but the look of it feels weird to me. I honestly hope most of the NPCs return in someway... I feel like Isabelle should return in someway due to her popularity but if she does, Digby should return as well.

Do you guys think there'll be a new species or just new villagers?
@Skarpetky
I was trying to find some of the reasons I felt mixed but I feel like you described it with the "washed" out feeling. I'm defininitely going to get it and probably enjoy it but the look of it feels weird to me. I honestly hope most of the NPCs return in someway... I feel like Isabelle should return in someway due to her popularity but if she does, Digby should return as well.

Do you guys think there'll be a new species or just new villagers?
tumblr_px51itqh6G1vjwwiao2_100.gif102d163a-d286-11e8-a530-e1fc53146cd0.gifArt Thread9d95c621-d288-11e8-9f00-e1fc53146cd0.gif tumblr_op7hohhA6K1w1kerio1_100.gif24364585_jebU2ZlB1MqalV1.png
i'm super hyped!!! I love animal crossing and this looks like EXACTLY my kinda game
i'm super hyped!!! I love animal crossing and this looks like EXACTLY my kinda game
an animated feraligatr sprite from pokemon crystal > call me mantis
> they / she
> fr +2
> art dump
w the nonbinary flag and the word nonbinary
the asexual flag and the word asexual
the lesbian flag and the word lesbian
free buttons
ee > reply hazy,
try again... blinking_cursor.gif
Guyjfhjyf //puts on tons of nonexistent K. K. Slider stuff//

What trailer??? I don’t have a Switch, but if I’m lucky I might get one because the 3DS is dead. G I V E M E T H E L I N K. Please.
Guyjfhjyf //puts on tons of nonexistent K. K. Slider stuff//

What trailer??? I don’t have a Switch, but if I’m lucky I might get one because the 3DS is dead. G I V E M E T H E L I N K. Please.

Puppy
She/Her - FR+3
FR Writer/Artist Discord
aaaa
I can't wait to take off work to play this game for a straight week, oh my gosh! I still play ACNL every now and then to check in and clean up my town every now and then.
I can't wait to take off work to play this game for a straight week, oh my gosh! I still play ACNL every now and then to check in and clean up my town every now and then.
C:
I'm ready to be in fictional debt again.
I'm ready to be in fictional debt again.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
Literally trying to come up with money for a Switch just for this game!!
Literally trying to come up with money for a Switch just for this game!!
Bea ~Neurodivergent ~ Bi-romantic ~ Demisexual ~ FR +2
So, so, so excited for this. A bit sad that its been pushed back, as I promised myself I'd wait to buy a switch until the new Animal Crossing comes out with the hope there will be a special edition / bundle type thing.
So, so, so excited for this. A bit sad that its been pushed back, as I promised myself I'd wait to buy a switch until the new Animal Crossing comes out with the hope there will be a special edition / bundle type thing.
don't kill me but i'm kind of iffy about it

i'm a HUGE animal crossing fan, and i'm really excited, but i was put off by two things;

the graphics/textures look kind of plastic-y? i know that it's still 9 months to release, but it looks kind of plastic-y and artificial. it's probably just something i'll have to get used to though

the crafting feature feels really out of place honestly? hopefully when the game comes out it'll end up being a nice addition haha.

ALL THAT ASIDE THOUGH:

YOU CAN HAVE BACKPACKS AND BAGS???? SIGN ME UP

i've also heard that you can set your character's skin tone at the beginning of the game!! not sure how true that is, but it would be awesome to be able to choose your character's skin color, instead of roasting yourself in the sun for like two weeks

LOCAL GAMEpLAY!!!! local gameplayyyy

the pole vaulting across the river came out of left field but i am THANKFUL

OUTSIDE FURNITURE,,, I DONT HAVE TO HACK MY GAME FOR IT ANYMORE

and you can dig your own paths!! i'm really looking forward to just like,,, having one easy way to do paths, so i wont be stupidly indecisive about it hahahah
don't kill me but i'm kind of iffy about it

i'm a HUGE animal crossing fan, and i'm really excited, but i was put off by two things;

the graphics/textures look kind of plastic-y? i know that it's still 9 months to release, but it looks kind of plastic-y and artificial. it's probably just something i'll have to get used to though

the crafting feature feels really out of place honestly? hopefully when the game comes out it'll end up being a nice addition haha.

ALL THAT ASIDE THOUGH:

YOU CAN HAVE BACKPACKS AND BAGS???? SIGN ME UP

i've also heard that you can set your character's skin tone at the beginning of the game!! not sure how true that is, but it would be awesome to be able to choose your character's skin color, instead of roasting yourself in the sun for like two weeks

LOCAL GAMEpLAY!!!! local gameplayyyy

the pole vaulting across the river came out of left field but i am THANKFUL

OUTSIDE FURNITURE,,, I DONT HAVE TO HACK MY GAME FOR IT ANYMORE

and you can dig your own paths!! i'm really looking forward to just like,,, having one easy way to do paths, so i wont be stupidly indecisive about it hahahah
komaeda-kun-komaeda.png
please ping me if you quote me
i was very concerned being on an island would mean no fall and winter seasons, which are my fav seasons in the games (and irl.) but thankfully they showed a snowy winter scene. lol
i was very concerned being on an island would mean no fall and winter seasons, which are my fav seasons in the games (and irl.) but thankfully they showed a snowy winter scene. lol
tumblr_inline_nm5aogxI3C1t2i6sg.giftumblr_inline_nm5amd4Rto1t2i6sg.gif
1 2 3