Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | animal crossing new horizons!!!!
1 2 3
The crafting system puts me on edge a bit. I wasn't a big fan of the way it was executed in Pocket Camp. (I'm not a huge fan of Pocket Camp in general - in my opinion, it has a little too much grinding and microtransactions for me to wholeheartedly enjoy it. But then again, I generally don't like phone games, so I'm probably just biased.) On top of that, ACNL already had so little storage space that I'm worried this'll make it impossible to store anything. But from what I've seen, my concerns about it being like Pocket Camp have been eliminated; collecting resources looks MUCH easier, at least. I'm still worried about the storage space, but that was probably high on their list to change, given how many people know it's a problem.

Aside from that worry, I'm really excited for it!! I really liked the art style, despite it being a touch desaturated. (The ponytail bobs when the character moves, the pupils in the eyes move, the leaves on the trees blow in the wind, sheep can wear sweaters now, villagers can wear long sleeves and dresses!!) The ability to place furniture outside and move things in half increments are both fantastic. I really like the improvements on how to get around the island. Running to bridges gets tiring after a while, and watching a character VAULT ACROSS A RIVER will never get old. Getting down to the beach looks a lot easier too. According to IGN, Isabelle will be in the game during later progressions, which I predicted about an hour in my inner monologue about the game before I read this article. I hope her role in the game is taking a vacation. It's clearly not from the article but she's so overworked and I haven't played ACNL for like a month Isabelle I am so sorry

There's a lot of tiny details in the trailer I'm really excited about - what looks like flower life cycles, the ability to move trees around, the path placements, the purses and backpacks, the different skin tones... I'm not emotionally prepared yet. I feel like I'm going to go into a catatonic state the instant I open up the game the first time, which is part of why I'm not super upset it was delayed. I was expecting a release in November, which meant I'd either have to save up to get a Switch for a couple months or get the game a few months late, neither of which I was excited for. Now that it's releasing in March, I can save up a tad longer and maybe ask for a Switch for Christmas in lieu of other presents? And then I can play it during Finals instead of just sitting around in a fugue

Also, did the voice at the beginning shock anyone else, or was that just me? Has a character ever been voiced like that in an Animal Crossing game? This has Implications on the lore and I don't want to think about any of them

my apologies for the multiple paragraphs of Cold Takes
The crafting system puts me on edge a bit. I wasn't a big fan of the way it was executed in Pocket Camp. (I'm not a huge fan of Pocket Camp in general - in my opinion, it has a little too much grinding and microtransactions for me to wholeheartedly enjoy it. But then again, I generally don't like phone games, so I'm probably just biased.) On top of that, ACNL already had so little storage space that I'm worried this'll make it impossible to store anything. But from what I've seen, my concerns about it being like Pocket Camp have been eliminated; collecting resources looks MUCH easier, at least. I'm still worried about the storage space, but that was probably high on their list to change, given how many people know it's a problem.

Aside from that worry, I'm really excited for it!! I really liked the art style, despite it being a touch desaturated. (The ponytail bobs when the character moves, the pupils in the eyes move, the leaves on the trees blow in the wind, sheep can wear sweaters now, villagers can wear long sleeves and dresses!!) The ability to place furniture outside and move things in half increments are both fantastic. I really like the improvements on how to get around the island. Running to bridges gets tiring after a while, and watching a character VAULT ACROSS A RIVER will never get old. Getting down to the beach looks a lot easier too. According to IGN, Isabelle will be in the game during later progressions, which I predicted about an hour in my inner monologue about the game before I read this article. I hope her role in the game is taking a vacation. It's clearly not from the article but she's so overworked and I haven't played ACNL for like a month Isabelle I am so sorry

There's a lot of tiny details in the trailer I'm really excited about - what looks like flower life cycles, the ability to move trees around, the path placements, the purses and backpacks, the different skin tones... I'm not emotionally prepared yet. I feel like I'm going to go into a catatonic state the instant I open up the game the first time, which is part of why I'm not super upset it was delayed. I was expecting a release in November, which meant I'd either have to save up to get a Switch for a couple months or get the game a few months late, neither of which I was excited for. Now that it's releasing in March, I can save up a tad longer and maybe ask for a Switch for Christmas in lieu of other presents? And then I can play it during Finals instead of just sitting around in a fugue

Also, did the voice at the beginning shock anyone else, or was that just me? Has a character ever been voiced like that in an Animal Crossing game? This has Implications on the lore and I don't want to think about any of them

my apologies for the multiple paragraphs of Cold Takes
143973s64ei05ghw.gif
1294430j4ozkwci0p.gif
487019ciadv6xfmv.gif
892701w3ywmqn4c6.gif
they/them, 21
ninbinarycatcher.png
Yeah the crafting aspect definitely gave me Pocket Camp vibes, but from the looks of it it seems like you won't have to wait hours upon hours for your stuff to craft, it'll just be instant, provided you have all the needed materials. Hopefully that does end up being the case.

I think it's really neat that they're implementing an option to switch up the seasons for the southern hemisphere. I hope they take that a step further and have the day/night cycles vary depending on the season as well (shorter days in winter, longer days in summer, etc.)

Also I think it's super cool that you can play with other people who also live in your town, at the same time. :U I can't wait to play this way together with others :D
Yeah the crafting aspect definitely gave me Pocket Camp vibes, but from the looks of it it seems like you won't have to wait hours upon hours for your stuff to craft, it'll just be instant, provided you have all the needed materials. Hopefully that does end up being the case.

I think it's really neat that they're implementing an option to switch up the seasons for the southern hemisphere. I hope they take that a step further and have the day/night cycles vary depending on the season as well (shorter days in winter, longer days in summer, etc.)

Also I think it's super cool that you can play with other people who also live in your town, at the same time. :U I can't wait to play this way together with others :D
+0 FR Time | deviantart | tumblr | furaffinity
click pikachu for pfq 5Z6T6dD.png WKy2xKA.png click lion for lioden
I'm super excited!! The crafting has the potential to be really great - provided that there's a better storage solution perhaps, haha. ^^;

I'm a little bit... underwhelmed? By the graphics in the trailer. It both bothers me and it doesn't at the same time - it's still the adorable, simple animal crossing graphics and I totally love that. But at the same time with the move to the Switch, they could have reeeeally made it look gorgeous.

Plus with the inclusion of being able to dig your own paths and without the Switch having a QR code reader, I worry that the customisation of paths (and stuff in general) options will be gone for this one.

I'm picking all that up based off of just one trailer though; maybe they'll have other methods of implementing that same customisation that we saw in New Leaf!
The delayed release doesn't bother me in the slightest - in fact I'm quite happy now that the release date doesn't clash with Sword and Shield, lmao!
I'm super excited!! The crafting has the potential to be really great - provided that there's a better storage solution perhaps, haha. ^^;

I'm a little bit... underwhelmed? By the graphics in the trailer. It both bothers me and it doesn't at the same time - it's still the adorable, simple animal crossing graphics and I totally love that. But at the same time with the move to the Switch, they could have reeeeally made it look gorgeous.

Plus with the inclusion of being able to dig your own paths and without the Switch having a QR code reader, I worry that the customisation of paths (and stuff in general) options will be gone for this one.

I'm picking all that up based off of just one trailer though; maybe they'll have other methods of implementing that same customisation that we saw in New Leaf!
The delayed release doesn't bother me in the slightest - in fact I'm quite happy now that the release date doesn't clash with Sword and Shield, lmao!
tDAcVLz.png
I'm fairly positive towards it- I feel like the environment needs a bit more color and texturing, but they might update that before launch. I have a feeling they're trying to go with the more stylistic BOTW/WindWaker art direction so it looks good years from now, but haven't quite hit it yet.
As long as the game doesn't have micro-transactions it'll be great
please Nintendo
im begging you
no micro-transactions
I'm fairly positive towards it- I feel like the environment needs a bit more color and texturing, but they might update that before launch. I have a feeling they're trying to go with the more stylistic BOTW/WindWaker art direction so it looks good years from now, but haven't quite hit it yet.
As long as the game doesn't have micro-transactions it'll be great
please Nintendo
im begging you
no micro-transactions
BXCXKs1.jpg
I adore the fact that they finally gave us a name and some gameplay! I think it's going to be a good game. A lot of people are saying it's like Pocket Camp, but it seems to be better to me just because it's more open. I'm honestly hoping beyond hope that they decide to bring every villager ever into the game. Make this one the best Animal Crossing ever!
I adore the fact that they finally gave us a name and some gameplay! I think it's going to be a good game. A lot of people are saying it's like Pocket Camp, but it seems to be better to me just because it's more open. I'm honestly hoping beyond hope that they decide to bring every villager ever into the game. Make this one the best Animal Crossing ever!
tumblr_ndyxlfQhA21tfzajgo1_r1_250.png
i started yelling when i saw the game

i'm just worried they might not include all of the furniture. i really hope all of the furniture in previous games will be available in this game as well. it makes me nervous seeing the crafting system have so little options. it would be a ginormous bummer if they didn't include the whole array of furniture.

i am SO EXCITED FOR THIS GAME. i will literally buy a switch to play this. animal crossing is my CHILDHOOD.
i started yelling when i saw the game

i'm just worried they might not include all of the furniture. i really hope all of the furniture in previous games will be available in this game as well. it makes me nervous seeing the crafting system have so little options. it would be a ginormous bummer if they didn't include the whole array of furniture.

i am SO EXCITED FOR THIS GAME. i will literally buy a switch to play this. animal crossing is my CHILDHOOD.
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
aahhh oh my goodness I thought this day would never come!

Looks.. different, but if it has some of the same aspects of new leaf minus the *irritating* things, I think I'll be okay!
Already excited that you can put in a path without using QR tiles eughhh

aahhh oh my goodness I thought this day would never come!

Looks.. different, but if it has some of the same aspects of new leaf minus the *irritating* things, I think I'll be okay!
Already excited that you can put in a path without using QR tiles eughhh

Waystone5.gif
also there was a leak like a year ago that said that the game consists of 9 islands. i think it was correct.
also there was a leak like a year ago that said that the game consists of 9 islands. i think it was correct.
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
im not very into AC, i like it since its relaxing, but a post i saw on twitter about it really warmed my heart. hairstyles and looks in general won't be gendered, which is very good for all our trans/non-binary pals!
im not very into AC, i like it since its relaxing, but a post i saw on twitter about it really warmed my heart. hairstyles and looks in general won't be gendered, which is very good for all our trans/non-binary pals!
1 2 3