Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | GoT 8th Season
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 16
I kind of always knew that Daenerys was gonna be a crap ruler anyway. She did well up until Meereen and then it went batcrap crazy. She didn’t handle the politics well and you kinda need to if you’re gonna rule an entire kingdom and country, even with the advisors by her side, she didn’t do a good job.
I guess Tyrion was supposed to be the one that would sway her impulses and that worked for a time, until she went to Westeros and became not herself? And Tyrion less clever??

I’m still triggered by “lets go into a tomb filled with dead people. That’ll surely be the safest place while you guys are fighting dead hicks”. Fantastic writing.

Season 8, Dany became Viserys. Bad writing.
I kind of always knew that Daenerys was gonna be a crap ruler anyway. She did well up until Meereen and then it went batcrap crazy. She didn’t handle the politics well and you kinda need to if you’re gonna rule an entire kingdom and country, even with the advisors by her side, she didn’t do a good job.
I guess Tyrion was supposed to be the one that would sway her impulses and that worked for a time, until she went to Westeros and became not herself? And Tyrion less clever??

I’m still triggered by “lets go into a tomb filled with dead people. That’ll surely be the safest place while you guys are fighting dead hicks”. Fantastic writing.

Season 8, Dany became Viserys. Bad writing.
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
[quote name="MyHartWillDrogon" date="2019-05-13 20:06:30" ] If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven’t been paying attention. [/quote] I don't think anyone was expecting a happy ending, but I definitely expected a satisfactory ending that does justice to the series and the fans who have been following it for years. Not this rushed abomination where its clear D&D just wanted to get it finished as conveniently as possible so they could move onto other projects.
MyHartWillDrogon wrote on 2019-05-13 20:06:30:
If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven’t been paying attention.

I don't think anyone was expecting a happy ending, but I definitely expected a satisfactory ending that does justice to the series and the fans who have been following it for years. Not this rushed abomination where its clear D&D just wanted to get it finished as conveniently as possible so they could move onto other projects.
Last episode, woot woot! Haven't watched it yet, but we'll see how my reaction is afterwards.
Last episode, woot woot! Haven't watched it yet, but we'll see how my reaction is afterwards.
o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png
Tyrion finding Jaime and Cersei.... my heart. ;-;
Tyrion finding Jaime and Cersei.... my heart. ;-;
T2L4bvz.png XmHV7tO.png
DoQJ9XF.png
hUchsi0.png
tbKf2X5.png
kf4dDFx.png
5hF3FGk.png
PiAyg8i.png
Hoooooly heck that was anticlimactic... 8'D
Hoooooly heck that was anticlimactic... 8'D
UEKFohX.png
Interesting how most got a happy ending.

I think we all anticipated Dany's death. I just envisioned it to be more grand...but oh well. I felt a pinch bad for her, she had such big dreams. But she was being lucid. The only part of that that was interesting/questionable is the dragon & the throne.

Everybody did get a good ending...minus Jon. They really didn't do much with his Targaryen heritage. But at least he didn't die! Sansa got what she's always wanted: To be a queen. Bran...wasn't expecting him to be the ruler of the "six" kingdoms. But okay. Apparently there's three confirmed shows relating to GoT. One's definitely a prequel, but another has got to be Arya's venture to the west.

I'm glad the Starks got their good ending though. They've earned it.

[/spoiler]

This season overall was "meh". Considering the popularity of this show and how well the story had developed over the years, I was expecting more. I think the ending was half decent, and was probably the best episode of this season.

gg everyone!
Interesting how most got a happy ending.

I think we all anticipated Dany's death. I just envisioned it to be more grand...but oh well. I felt a pinch bad for her, she had such big dreams. But she was being lucid. The only part of that that was interesting/questionable is the dragon & the throne.

Everybody did get a good ending...minus Jon. They really didn't do much with his Targaryen heritage. But at least he didn't die! Sansa got what she's always wanted: To be a queen. Bran...wasn't expecting him to be the ruler of the "six" kingdoms. But okay. Apparently there's three confirmed shows relating to GoT. One's definitely a prequel, but another has got to be Arya's venture to the west.

I'm glad the Starks got their good ending though. They've earned it.

[/spoiler]

This season overall was "meh". Considering the popularity of this show and how well the story had developed over the years, I was expecting more. I think the ending was half decent, and was probably the best episode of this season.

gg everyone!
o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png
That final was a complete joke. I've hated this entire season, but the final was beyond ridiculous. I Have no intention of ever rewatching season 8 on any rewatch.
That final was a complete joke. I've hated this entire season, but the final was beyond ridiculous. I Have no intention of ever rewatching season 8 on any rewatch.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
Eh it was fine IMO. A bit anticlimactic but I'm not sure if there was anyway to make all the viewers happy.
Eh it was fine IMO. A bit anticlimactic but I'm not sure if there was anyway to make all the viewers happy.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

The ending was....ok I guess better than How I Met Your Mother for sure but not as good as some other shows I've seen.
The ending was....ok I guess better than How I Met Your Mother for sure but not as good as some other shows I've seen.
ALL HAIL THE QUEEN IN THE NORTH!

PS; Ghost is still the goodest boy.
ALL HAIL THE QUEEN IN THE NORTH!

PS; Ghost is still the goodest boy.
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 16