Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Sad stuff in video games?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="vidoxi" date="2019-02-14 05:38:06" ] okami when the bamboo girl gets in the bamboo rocket ship thing and leaves the old man that raised her always makes me a little emotional lol [/quote] as sad as it was i was too busy calming down from the anxiety of the digging game in petz catz 2 on the wii the scene of victor putting himself in jail so you can go always gets me for some reason
vidoxi wrote on 2019-02-14 05:38:06:
okami when the bamboo girl gets in the bamboo rocket ship thing and leaves the old man that raised her always makes me a little emotional lol
as sad as it was i was too busy calming down from the anxiety of the digging game

in petz catz 2 on the wii the scene of victor putting himself in jail so you can go always gets me for some reason
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
that one scene in JSaB where your friends wish you luck in fighting the final boss tore my heart out

also everything about Taranza
that one scene in JSaB where your friends wish you luck in fighting the final boss tore my heart out

[quote name="Cline05" date="2019-02-12 16:27:19" ] The ending of PMD: Gates to Infinity. I was keeping it together until Gurdurr’s message. [/quote] Only game that has ever made me cry. The entire series is just so powerful when it comes to the story and I love it. I’m sure explorers of sky also has parts like that but gates was a huge part of my childhood which is probably why I still feel so strongly about it to this day, I never played sky though [s]nobody murder me for that please[/s]
Cline05 wrote on 2019-02-12 16:27:19:
The ending of PMD: Gates to Infinity.

I was keeping it together until Gurdurr’s message.

Only game that has ever made me cry. The entire series is just so powerful when it comes to the story and I love it. I’m sure explorers of sky also has parts like that but gates was a huge part of my childhood which is probably why I still feel so strongly about it to this day, I never played sky though nobody murder me for that please
unknown.png
[quote name="Bluebirdi3" date="2019-03-12 06:44:37" ] also everything about Taranza [/quote] There's a reason why he's on the "To Be Protected" list. But seriously, once you learn about the deep story in Triple Deluxe, you just want to start crying. And don't get me started on Planet Robobot, that game was n but also so sad at the same exact time.
Bluebirdi3 wrote on 2019-03-12 06:44:37:
There's a reason why he's on the "To Be Protected" list. But seriously, once you learn about the deep story in Triple Deluxe, you just want to start crying.

And don't get me started on Planet Robobot, that game was n but also so sad at the same exact time.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
anyone else remember
Emmeryn's suicide
Paralogue 20
Tiki and Nowi stargazing
Severa. Just... Severa

From Fire Emblem: Awakening?
anyone else remember
Emmeryn's suicide
Paralogue 20
Tiki and Nowi stargazing
Severa. Just... Severa

From Fire Emblem: Awakening?
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
[quote name="Jugdral" date="2019-03-12 04:09:00" ] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna: the Golden country dlc was a wild ride after I got oddly attached to Jin, and I cried myself to sleep once because it was too sad for me to handle apparently [/quote] [color=purple][font=Helvetica][size=4] i feel you. jin went through so much stuff and lost everything. i just want him to be happy, y'know. Speaking of Jin, [i]one specific[/i] event featuring him in Temperantia. After playing Torna - The Golden Country, that cutscene made a lot more sense, and absolutely destroyed me. [spoiler]he looked shaken when Haze/Fan la Norne put her hand to his cheek like Lora did, and Jin did to Lora when they first met. :'([/spoiler] Keeping on the Xenoblade Chronicles train: -[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjTNYkxu6_0]This[/url] moment made me BAWL. (If you haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles all the way through, or don't want spoilers, I don't suggest watching but otherwise, feel free) The end of Alm's Act IV in Fire Emblem Echoes- Shadows of Valentina. Hell, even some of Act V was sad. Also, when Eliwood finally finds his father in Fire Emblem - The Blazing Blade, only for things to turn sad very quick. and uhh the ending of FFXV. I don't think I cried so hard over a video game until witnessing it.
Jugdral wrote on 2019-03-12 04:09:00:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna: the Golden country dlc was a wild ride after I got oddly attached to Jin, and I cried myself to sleep once because it was too sad for me to handle apparently

i feel you. jin went through so much stuff and lost everything. i just want him to be happy, y'know.

Speaking of Jin, one specific event featuring him in Temperantia. After playing Torna - The Golden Country, that cutscene made a lot more sense, and absolutely destroyed me.

he looked shaken when Haze/Fan la Norne put her hand to his cheek like Lora did, and Jin did to Lora when they first met. :'(

Keeping on the Xenoblade Chronicles train:
-This moment made me BAWL. (If you haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles all the way through, or don't want spoilers, I don't suggest watching but otherwise, feel free)

The end of Alm's Act IV in Fire Emblem Echoes- Shadows of Valentina. Hell, even some of Act V was sad.
Also, when Eliwood finally finds his father in Fire Emblem - The Blazing Blade, only for things to turn sad very quick.

and uhh
the ending of FFXV. I don't think I cried so hard over a video game until witnessing it.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
[img]https://www.mariowiki.com/images/e/e8/Ch7_8.png[/img] "I want to go home! I want to go home right now!" The girl burst into tears, and the Lumas didn't know what to do. "I want to go home! I want to go back to my house by the hill! I want to see my mother!" The girl was shouting now, her face wet with tears. "But I know she's not there! I knew all along that she wasn't out there in the sky! Because...because..." "She's sleeping under the tree on the hill!" The girl's cries echoed through the stars, and a hush fell over the area. [size=1][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecdYeRJYdzE]the music[/url] doesn't help either[/size]
Ch7_8.png

"I want to go home! I want to go home right now!" The girl burst into tears, and the Lumas didn't know what to do. "I want to go home! I want to go back to my house by the hill! I want to see my mother!" The girl was shouting now, her face wet with tears. "But I know she's not there! I knew all along that she wasn't out there in the sky! Because...because..."

"She's sleeping under the tree on the hill!" The girl's cries echoed through the stars, and a hush fell over the area.

the music doesn't help either
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
doctor roman... *clenches fist*
doctor roman... *clenches fist*
blanklol
light_small.png
iQrvnPv.png
absolutely feral on main

he/they
+13 fr time
eGiN2Xv.png thDLJf3.png
[quote name="CrystalPeacock" date="2019-02-13 05:15:42" ] [quote name="Iokharic" date="2019-02-12 19:43:51" ] Drawn to Life and its sequel. Ad campaign: Look at this cute game where you get to draw your hero and the things it uses to save the world! Reality: IT WAS ALL IN THE HEAD OF A LITTLE BOY WHOSE SISTER DIED IN A CAR CRASH [/quote] THIS I loved the sequel to the death, it was just so emotional for me oh my god i dearly remember this game,,,, just wanted a cute little game where u make ur own guy then boom!! feels :((((( [/quote]
CrystalPeacock wrote on 2019-02-13 05:15:42:
Iokharic wrote on 2019-02-12 19:43:51:
Drawn to Life and its sequel.

Ad campaign: Look at this cute game where you get to draw your hero and the things it uses to save the world!

Reality: IT WAS ALL IN THE HEAD OF A LITTLE BOY WHOSE SISTER DIED IN A CAR CRASH
THIS
I loved the sequel to the death, it was just so emotional for me

oh my god i dearly remember this game,,,, just wanted a cute little game where u make ur own guy then boom!! feels :(((((
blanklol
light_small.png
iQrvnPv.png
absolutely feral on main

he/they
+13 fr time
eGiN2Xv.png thDLJf3.png
Sebastian's scenes in Stardew Valley. I mean c'mon, it's so sad!
Sebastian's scenes in Stardew Valley. I mean c'mon, it's so sad!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8