Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Daily Endangered Species
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 172 173
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing Today’s species (arachnophobia warning, please take note!): the peacock tarantula! The peacock tarantula, also called the Gooty tarantula ([i]Poecilotheria metallica[/i]) is a critically endangered species of tarantula that lives in the forests of India. While they may look frightening, they feed on flying insects that they catch in funnel webs, are skittish and sensitive to light, and mostly bite using “dry bites” that don’t inject venom, though their venom can have painful effects if they do use it. They are rapidly losing their home to firewood harvesting and logging. [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TLPeMcM4o9A/UgfGZZBWfII/AAAAAAAAtGo/nviWoJPrPHM/s1600/Amazing+pictures+animals++Photos+Zoo+pics+nature+beautiful+cute+Poecilotheria+metallica+is+gooty+tar%E2%94%9C%D0%B1ntula+spider+fear+blue+~06.jpg[/img]
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing

Today’s species (arachnophobia warning, please take note!): the peacock tarantula!

The peacock tarantula, also called the Gooty tarantula (Poecilotheria metallica) is a critically endangered species of tarantula that lives in the forests of India. While they may look frightening, they feed on flying insects that they catch in funnel webs, are skittish and sensitive to light, and mostly bite using “dry bites” that don’t inject venom, though their venom can have painful effects if they do use it. They are rapidly losing their home to firewood harvesting and logging.
Amazing+pictures+animals++Photos+Zoo+pics+nature+beautiful+cute+Poecilotheria+metallica+is+gooty+tar%E2%94%9C%D0%B1ntula+spider+fear+blue+~06.jpg
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
@Zoic

This is my kind of thread! I'd love to be on the pinglist!

I'm working on starting a hatchery with a kinda similar idea, where each pair is based on a critically endangered animal and I'll include some info about the species in the hatchery thread. It's important to raise awareness about all the amazing critters on our planet that are sadly threatened with extinction... so it's lovely to see a thread dedicated to just that. <3
@Zoic

This is my kind of thread! I'd love to be on the pinglist!

I'm working on starting a hatchery with a kinda similar idea, where each pair is based on a critically endangered animal and I'll include some info about the species in the hatchery thread. It's important to raise awareness about all the amazing critters on our planet that are sadly threatened with extinction... so it's lovely to see a thread dedicated to just that. <3
@Charias
Adding you! I agree, it’s so important to raise awareness about the species that need our help, they’re all so beautiful and important in their own way.

I love collecting dragons that look like animals, so I’ll be sure to take a look at your hatchery when it’s up, it sounds lovely!
@Charias
Adding you! I agree, it’s so important to raise awareness about the species that need our help, they’re all so beautiful and important in their own way.

I love collecting dragons that look like animals, so I’ll be sure to take a look at your hatchery when it’s up, it sounds lovely!
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
@Zoic Oooh this is so neat! Please add me!!
@Zoic Oooh this is so neat! Please add me!!
fLdYOuE.pngNl7xQPH.png
kCHWEjf.png
QUIpVFE.png
Jd88XNq.png
J7D1quC.png
xYQkuHQ.png
Oh my god what a beauty
Oh my god what a beauty
ping me please! that spider is beautiful. i typically dont like spiders but i can appreciate them from a distance

on the subject of endangered creatures, giraffes are critically endangered now with less than 100,000 left in Africa! this post is a great way to spread awareness, i had no idea two of the species youve shown existed. i knew about tigers obvs but the other two, wow
ping me please! that spider is beautiful. i typically dont like spiders but i can appreciate them from a distance

on the subject of endangered creatures, giraffes are critically endangered now with less than 100,000 left in Africa! this post is a great way to spread awareness, i had no idea two of the species youve shown existed. i knew about tigers obvs but the other two, wow
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
pinglist, please? I love learning about wildlife, and those poor porpoises. they're so cute, but they're critically endangered ;-;
pinglist, please? I love learning about wildlife, and those poor porpoises. they're so cute, but they're critically endangered ;-;
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
@NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888
You have all been added, thanks for joining!
@NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888
You have all been added, thanks for joining!
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 Today’s species: the golden mantella! [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/86/Golden_Mantella_%28Mantella_aurantiaca%29%2C_Torotorofotsy_marshes%2C_Madagascar_%2813726828353%29.jpg[/img] The golden mantella ([i]Mantella aurantiaca[/i]) is a small frog that is endemic to Madagascar. They are critically endangered, threatened by human activity in their limited range and by their popularity in the exotic pet trade. When they breed, males call to females with clicking sounds, then the eggs are laid on land and the tadpoles eventually washed into water by rain. The frogs can be bright golden or red, which warns predators that they are poisonous.
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888
Today’s species: the golden mantella!
Golden_Mantella_%28Mantella_aurantiaca%29%2C_Torotorofotsy_marshes%2C_Madagascar_%2813726828353%29.jpg
The golden mantella (Mantella aurantiaca) is a small frog that is endemic to Madagascar. They are critically endangered, threatened by human activity in their limited range and by their popularity in the exotic pet trade. When they breed, males call to females with clicking sounds, then the eggs are laid on land and the tadpoles eventually washed into water by rain. The frogs can be bright golden or red, which warns predators that they are poisonous.
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
Can I please enter the pinglist? (Good froggo)
Can I please enter the pinglist? (Good froggo)
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 172 173