Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Daily Endangered Species
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 172 173
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @aurora58002 @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi Today’s species: the Asiatic lion! [img]https://www.cotswoldwildlifepark.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/asiatic-lion-01.jpg[/img] The Asiatic lion ([i]Panthera leo leo[/i]) is a lion population confined to the Gir National Park in Gujarat, an Indian state. They are smaller than large African lions, have less full manes and larger tail tufts, and bear a distinctive fold of skin on their bellies. Males are either solitary or form coalitions up to three, which protect a territory containing one or more female prides that only come together when mating. They are endangered and threatened by conflict with people, disease, and vehicle collisions. They once had a greater range, including Arabia, Mesopotamia, Turkey, Palestine, and Iran. In fact, the Iranian flag once contained an image of the lion, but it went extinct there around the mid-twentieth century, so it was removed.
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @aurora58002 @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi
Today’s species: the Asiatic lion!
asiatic-lion-01.jpg
The Asiatic lion (Panthera leo leo) is a lion population confined to the Gir National Park in Gujarat, an Indian state. They are smaller than large African lions, have less full manes and larger tail tufts, and bear a distinctive fold of skin on their bellies. Males are either solitary or form coalitions up to three, which protect a territory containing one or more female prides that only come together when mating. They are endangered and threatened by conflict with people, disease, and vehicle collisions. They once had a greater range, including Arabia, Mesopotamia, Turkey, Palestine, and Iran. In fact, the Iranian flag once contained an image of the lion, but it went extinct there around the mid-twentieth century, so it was removed.
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
Can I be added to the pinglist?
Can I be added to the pinglist?
Thunder
WQA384m.png
FObX7rS.png
JvUa9ma.png
ePOliyb.png
gYW0j5f.png
BySc4Om.gif
@Thundershower
Sure, adding you now!
@Thundershower
Sure, adding you now!
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @aurora58002 @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi @Thundershower Today’s species: the Sunda pangolin! [img]https://www.pangolinsg.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/02/ZaharilDzulkafly-1-1024x683.jpg[/img] The Sunda pangolin ([i]Manis javanica[/i]) is a critically endangered species of pangolin that is native to Southeast Asia. It has strong claws it uses to dig into soil or mounds in search of its preferred food, ants or termites. Every year, females give birth to one or two offspring in a winter burrow. When threatened, a pangolin curls into a ball to protect its soft belly. Pangolins, including this species, are widely hunted for their skin, scales (which are used in traditional Asian medicines, such as skin disease, and in luxury foods), and meat (which is eaten). Besides humans themselves, pangolins are the world’s most-trafficked animal despite widespread protection policies, making up as much as a fifth of illegal wildlife trade.
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @aurora58002 @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi @Thundershower
Today’s species: the Sunda pangolin!
ZaharilDzulkafly-1-1024x683.jpg
The Sunda pangolin (Manis javanica) is a critically endangered species of pangolin that is native to Southeast Asia. It has strong claws it uses to dig into soil or mounds in search of its preferred food, ants or termites. Every year, females give birth to one or two offspring in a winter burrow. When threatened, a pangolin curls into a ball to protect its soft belly. Pangolins, including this species, are widely hunted for their skin, scales (which are used in traditional Asian medicines, such as skin disease, and in luxury foods), and meat (which is eaten). Besides humans themselves, pangolins are the world’s most-trafficked animal despite widespread protection policies, making up as much as a fifth of illegal wildlife trade.
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
SCALY CHILD
SCALY CHILD
Hello LGBT Community

little boy

little boy
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
im so glad there's a pangolin on here... my sister adopted one for a year in my name this christmas :0 they're going to send me updates on her through the year aa
im so glad there's a pangolin on here... my sister adopted one for a year in my name this christmas :0 they're going to send me updates on her through the year aa
Vorvomon_vpet_pen.gif Dorumon_vpet_dm.gif Ryudamon_vpet_pen.gif
@MegaAerodactyl
That’s awesome! It’s so great when people support endangered animals! :) I hope the little pangolin does well.
@MegaAerodactyl
That’s awesome! It’s so great when people support endangered animals! :) I hope the little pangolin does well.
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
Aw man, pangolins have such sweet little faces!

I'd also love to be added to the pinglist.
Aw man, pangolins have such sweet little faces!

I'd also love to be added to the pinglist.
What an awesome idea! Could I be added to the pinglist?
What an awesome idea! Could I be added to the pinglist?
uEaal4H.gif x
x
Cowboy / Seb
he/him
FR+3
tumblr_inline_ofoo1lSs6W1tfmvub_100.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 172 173