Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Tumblr's Dying- Where we goin?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I've seen several FR posts being flagged, and they didn't even have "flesh" colored dragons in them. I've also seen artists' work getting flagged (including my own), even though it is completely harmless (creature concepts, dinosaurs, drawings of animals, pokemon). They're also flagging lots of tags, like chronic pain for example?? And LGBT+ stuff. So yeah, I'd say it's a big deal. Even their own announcement post is being flagged, so it's clear that this stuff isn't working at all.

(And sure you can get your stuff reviewed, but depending on how much is flagged?? It'd take forever.)
I've seen several FR posts being flagged, and they didn't even have "flesh" colored dragons in them. I've also seen artists' work getting flagged (including my own), even though it is completely harmless (creature concepts, dinosaurs, drawings of animals, pokemon). They're also flagging lots of tags, like chronic pain for example?? And LGBT+ stuff. So yeah, I'd say it's a big deal. Even their own announcement post is being flagged, so it's clear that this stuff isn't working at all.

(And sure you can get your stuff reviewed, but depending on how much is flagged?? It'd take forever.)
iIrk1Wj.png
I had a picture of this dragon get flagged: [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69476/6947511_350.png[/img] Then I had this flagged: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/earth_2.png[/img] And then on my main blog I had a photoset of [i]rabbits[/i] get flagged. [ [i]tired sighing intensifies[/i] ]
I had a picture of this dragon get flagged:

6947511_350.png

Then I had this flagged: earth_2.png

And then on my main blog I had a photoset of rabbits get flagged.

[ tired sighing intensifies ]
Tell me your desire
while you pull me from the fire
and we'll seal the deal with a kiss
My artblog is not very active, but I've had three things flagged so far: a cat with blue lightning, two cartoon wolves and a drawing of a raven. You can appeal them one by one, yes, but: My artblog is barely active. I can not imagine what kind of a tiresome process to try to un-flag all falsely flagged posts will be on more active blogs (look; my main tumblr has 10 000 posts. just. unflagging a 100 would already be terrible). It's a trainwreck.
So far, I've had none of my dragon posts flagged... but a bunch of sales posts I reblogged from folk have been.
My artblog is not very active, but I've had three things flagged so far: a cat with blue lightning, two cartoon wolves and a drawing of a raven. You can appeal them one by one, yes, but: My artblog is barely active. I can not imagine what kind of a tiresome process to try to un-flag all falsely flagged posts will be on more active blogs (look; my main tumblr has 10 000 posts. just. unflagging a 100 would already be terrible). It's a trainwreck.
So far, I've had none of my dragon posts flagged... but a bunch of sales posts I reblogged from folk have been.
Lupik_Firebreak.pnglupik_pockets.pnglupik_kindling.pnglupik_razzmatazz.png
My permadragons are in first 3 tabs of lair + first 2 tabs of hibden :)
Some dragons have pronouns in their tagline! Please use those if that's the case, ty!
Tbh I'm probably not gonna do anything drastic, I'll continue to post art and maybe reblog if anyone I'm following is still posting.

Admittedly I have kind of been going on Tumblr lesser and going on Twitter more so I guess this sort of works in my favor?

To answer the question I've heard most people are going to either Twitter or Newgrounds.
Tbh I'm probably not gonna do anything drastic, I'll continue to post art and maybe reblog if anyone I'm following is still posting.

Admittedly I have kind of been going on Tumblr lesser and going on Twitter more so I guess this sort of works in my favor?

To answer the question I've heard most people are going to either Twitter or Newgrounds.
tumblr_px51itqh6G1vjwwiao2_100.gif102d163a-d286-11e8-a530-e1fc53146cd0.gifArt Thread9d95c621-d288-11e8-9f00-e1fc53146cd0.gif tumblr_op7hohhA6K1w1kerio1_100.gif24364585_jebU2ZlB1MqalV1.png
I've heard that Pillowfort(dot)io and then Toyhou(dot)se are worth looking into.

That being said, Toyhou(dot)se still runs on an invite only system wherein you need to get an invite code from somebody, which is a fickle system. Pillowfort(dot)io also seems promising barring the fact that you have to pay for an account (which is not something everybody has the money for, even if it is a small, one-time payment).

I'm hesitant about hopping ship to twitter since it really doesn't have the functionality that I would want in a new social media blog about pixel dragons, though it would would work well enough for some people.

This is, of course, if you decide not to just export from tumblr to wordpress, since that is a thing that a number of people have brought up.

I've heard that Pillowfort(dot)io and then Toyhou(dot)se are worth looking into.

That being said, Toyhou(dot)se still runs on an invite only system wherein you need to get an invite code from somebody, which is a fickle system. Pillowfort(dot)io also seems promising barring the fact that you have to pay for an account (which is not something everybody has the money for, even if it is a small, one-time payment).

I'm hesitant about hopping ship to twitter since it really doesn't have the functionality that I would want in a new social media blog about pixel dragons, though it would would work well enough for some people.

This is, of course, if you decide not to just export from tumblr to wordpress, since that is a thing that a number of people have brought up.

It's kinda sad that tumblr is doing this instead of, y'know, fixing its actual problems. Not exactly surprising, though.

I'm p sure they're deleting posts too, since my ancient RP blog (that I haven't been active on in ages) is missing a few posts & the worst I had on there was some mild canon-typical violence.

To answer your question, though... I'm keeping my eye on Pillowfort for when it comes out of beta, and hoping my fandoms decide to migrate there since I don't like Twitter.
It's kinda sad that tumblr is doing this instead of, y'know, fixing its actual problems. Not exactly surprising, though.

I'm p sure they're deleting posts too, since my ancient RP blog (that I haven't been active on in ages) is missing a few posts & the worst I had on there was some mild canon-typical violence.

To answer your question, though... I'm keeping my eye on Pillowfort for when it comes out of beta, and hoping my fandoms decide to migrate there since I don't like Twitter.
A ton of people are moving to twitter.
I might do the same too.
A ton of people are moving to twitter.
I might do the same too.
nK1fyjz.png astramaru

she/her

» wishlist
» about
» lore
Twitter lol. It'll give me a reason to get my art Twitter moving again.

But I still really like to use Weasyl for archival stuff.
No customization but it's an actual art network.

edit: removed mention of site :p
Twitter lol. It'll give me a reason to get my art Twitter moving again.

But I still really like to use Weasyl for archival stuff.
No customization but it's an actual art network.

edit: removed mention of site :p
vQBibnc.png
xypY4d5.png
TVHy8Pj.png
WmdW2o4.png2-Krondar-542341.pngc6d5AbQ.png
Ut9RRot.png
k3PfQGk.png
Sj6j121.png
fg6G1CJ.png
I actually support the policy change - I get really annoyed when I see unmarked nudity, even with safe mode on - but I understand people's concerns. But yeah, the unnecessary flagging is a little ridiculous. The only thing we can hope is that the bot flagging system gets better.

I just reblog stuff most of the time on Tumblr... so I'm not really affected by this stuff. I don't think I've ever gotten flagged, but I've seen it with the people I follow - it's a very real thing.
I actually support the policy change - I get really annoyed when I see unmarked nudity, even with safe mode on - but I understand people's concerns. But yeah, the unnecessary flagging is a little ridiculous. The only thing we can hope is that the bot flagging system gets better.

I just reblog stuff most of the time on Tumblr... so I'm not really affected by this stuff. I don't think I've ever gotten flagged, but I've seen it with the people I follow - it's a very real thing.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
I'll chip in my recommendation for Pillowfort.io. Never had a Tumblr myself (very glad of that, now), but I think Pillowfort's a lovely alternative. Layout customization for a blog is at best a future feature at the moment, reblogs work a bit differently (has a comment system akin to LiveJournal), it is down until tomorrow or Wednesday to tighten up security, and it costs a donation of $5 for an account, but I think it well-worth it and a wonderful site.

Post-making includes the ability to select who can see your post (everyone, followers, mutuals), whether or not others can reblog it, if its content is of the sort Tumblr is banning (others have to turn on the ability to see such content on their own), and deleting your original post will delete all reblogs of it. Nice bit of extra control and privacy, to me.

There's also a feature of Communities: groups founded over a particular interest, where you can post or reblog stuff relevant to that interest. You can join Communities, and posts to them will show up in your feed, as posts would from someone you were following.

The blacklist system is still a little over-zealous with blacklisting terms close, but not actually related to what you blacklist, but there is that system.

I've been a part of the site for a few months, and personally I love it. :D No bots or ads, either, and the staff seem more... collected, shall we say, than Tumblr's.

So, yeah! I recommend Pillowfort. Not really trying to plug for them or anything, just giving a bit of info for potential newcomers. :D
I'll chip in my recommendation for Pillowfort.io. Never had a Tumblr myself (very glad of that, now), but I think Pillowfort's a lovely alternative. Layout customization for a blog is at best a future feature at the moment, reblogs work a bit differently (has a comment system akin to LiveJournal), it is down until tomorrow or Wednesday to tighten up security, and it costs a donation of $5 for an account, but I think it well-worth it and a wonderful site.

Post-making includes the ability to select who can see your post (everyone, followers, mutuals), whether or not others can reblog it, if its content is of the sort Tumblr is banning (others have to turn on the ability to see such content on their own), and deleting your original post will delete all reblogs of it. Nice bit of extra control and privacy, to me.

There's also a feature of Communities: groups founded over a particular interest, where you can post or reblog stuff relevant to that interest. You can join Communities, and posts to them will show up in your feed, as posts would from someone you were following.

The blacklist system is still a little over-zealous with blacklisting terms close, but not actually related to what you blacklist, but there is that system.

I've been a part of the site for a few months, and personally I love it. :D No bots or ads, either, and the staff seem more... collected, shall we say, than Tumblr's.

So, yeah! I recommend Pillowfort. Not really trying to plug for them or anything, just giving a bit of info for potential newcomers. :D
FrLyhzu.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9