Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Games you wish more people knew about
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Axiom Verge.

I've also played FFV and thought it was pretty cool. Though I stopped playing at the Sealed Temple because **** that place.
Axiom Verge.

I've also played FFV and thought it was pretty cool. Though I stopped playing at the Sealed Temple because **** that place.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
Dragon Quest.

Hands down...just Dragon Quest.
Dragon Quest.

Hands down...just Dragon Quest.
waaah my signature broke and i dont wanna fix it rn
SPORE Hero for the Wii.

SPORE is kind of a mixed bag when it came to public reception. Some people still like it, a lot of people think it was a great big heap of missed potential, some people only ever used it to make...things.

But there were a lot of spin-off games for SPORE back in the mid-late 2000s after SPORE came out. One of them was SPORE Hero for the Wii, which played similarly to the SPORE Creature stage, but with an actual plot, new combat mechanics, new gene mechanics, and much more.

The controls can be janky sometimes (including some unfortunate glitches) and there are a few frustrating parts, but overall the game is fun and if one is looking for a somewhat better SPORE experience, check this one out.
SPORE Hero for the Wii.

SPORE is kind of a mixed bag when it came to public reception. Some people still like it, a lot of people think it was a great big heap of missed potential, some people only ever used it to make...things.

But there were a lot of spin-off games for SPORE back in the mid-late 2000s after SPORE came out. One of them was SPORE Hero for the Wii, which played similarly to the SPORE Creature stage, but with an actual plot, new combat mechanics, new gene mechanics, and much more.

The controls can be janky sometimes (including some unfortunate glitches) and there are a few frustrating parts, but overall the game is fun and if one is looking for a somewhat better SPORE experience, check this one out.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
Niche. Sorely underappreciated game. So addictive.
Fallen Londen + Sunless Sea/Skies deserve way more love too.
Niche. Sorely underappreciated game. So addictive.
Fallen Londen + Sunless Sea/Skies deserve way more love too.
town of salem
town of salem
hell_by_arrowk-dcr1fkh.png i will yeet you
my art shop
Where the Wild Things Are game on Wii, I used to love that so much, I pretended I had a restaurant and I'd feed them the different plants and animals and fly around with Douglas's feathers and sometimes make them angry, hehehe. Sims Animals and Sims Animals Africa were also fun, as well as Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter on my Kindle.
Where the Wild Things Are game on Wii, I used to love that so much, I pretended I had a restaurant and I'd feed them the different plants and animals and fly around with Douglas's feathers and sometimes make them angry, hehehe. Sims Animals and Sims Animals Africa were also fun, as well as Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter on my Kindle.
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

@Luvia

Omg I loved GX Duel Academy :'D
And also the Tag Force Games for PSP hahahahhaaha!

My number one Game for this Thread is The World Ends with You.
It released for the DS and is definitely an underdog!
It will be released for Switch in Fall and I hope more people will get to enjoy it! ; _;
What needs to be said though is, that it's almost painfully japanese. But not in the annoying-trope kind of way, but rather that i feels very real and does an amazing job at capturing what Shibuya feels like.
Also, the gameplay was so very unique - i've definitely never seen a JRPG like this before. :'D
@Luvia

Omg I loved GX Duel Academy :'D
And also the Tag Force Games for PSP hahahahhaaha!

My number one Game for this Thread is The World Ends with You.
It released for the DS and is definitely an underdog!
It will be released for Switch in Fall and I hope more people will get to enjoy it! ; _;
What needs to be said though is, that it's almost painfully japanese. But not in the annoying-trope kind of way, but rather that i feels very real and does an amazing job at capturing what Shibuya feels like.
Also, the gameplay was so very unique - i've definitely never seen a JRPG like this before. :'D
fr_hatchery_button_small_by_naahva-dch05rf.png
[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
[ Language Learning Hub ]
naturef1.png
Probably the Shadow Hearts series. They are such good games. You learn a little about history, and other things. It has a cool battle system. The characters are AMAZING, especially those thrown in there just for laughs. And you get so freaking good at timing things it's scary.
Probably the Shadow Hearts series. They are such good games. You learn a little about history, and other things. It has a cool battle system. The characters are AMAZING, especially those thrown in there just for laughs. And you get so freaking good at timing things it's scary.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
I am also a fan of Fantasy Life. Another game I enjoy is Spore, although not a lot of people do, sadly.
I am also a fan of Fantasy Life. Another game I enjoy is Spore, although not a lot of people do, sadly.
PLAGUEBRINGER_sig.png
OneShot is a puzzle/adventure game that makes exceptionally good use of the fourth wall, breaking it to the point where you, the player, are treated as a different person than the character you control. This leads to a bunch of puzzles completed outside the game itself, and into its files and assets. That, and the story is very well-written, with some difficult decisions, heartwarming moments, and permanent consequences.

OFF is a more traditional RPG that still makes use of breaking the fourth wall in a similar manner to OneShot, but I’d say that this game’s main selling point (it’s actually free) is the main twist, and how it can make you feel so conflicted about some dark and morally grey(?) actions. It’s also a game that will likely get at least some emotion and despair when you complete it, so it’s an all-round good time.

Heartbound is an upcoming game (it has a demo though!) that doesn’t make use of the fourth wall like the other two, but it still messes with your emotions and the consequences of doing good (or bad) things for other people. It describes itself as “a game about a boy, his dog, secrets, and sanity,” if that gives you any lead. Safe to say, after playing the demo, I am very much looking forward to its release.
OneShot is a puzzle/adventure game that makes exceptionally good use of the fourth wall, breaking it to the point where you, the player, are treated as a different person than the character you control. This leads to a bunch of puzzles completed outside the game itself, and into its files and assets. That, and the story is very well-written, with some difficult decisions, heartwarming moments, and permanent consequences.

OFF is a more traditional RPG that still makes use of breaking the fourth wall in a similar manner to OneShot, but I’d say that this game’s main selling point (it’s actually free) is the main twist, and how it can make you feel so conflicted about some dark and morally grey(?) actions. It’s also a game that will likely get at least some emotion and despair when you complete it, so it’s an all-round good time.

Heartbound is an upcoming game (it has a demo though!) that doesn’t make use of the fourth wall like the other two, but it still messes with your emotions and the consequences of doing good (or bad) things for other people. It describes itself as “a game about a boy, his dog, secrets, and sanity,” if that gives you any lead. Safe to say, after playing the demo, I am very much looking forward to its release.
AqaqXxe.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7