Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dumbest ways you have hurt yourself?
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 66 67
Stubbed my toe on the corner of a bed frame and broke it. I also gave myself a first degree burn by touching a hot pot of coffee
Stubbed my toe on the corner of a bed frame and broke it. I also gave myself a first degree burn by touching a hot pot of coffee
tumblr_inline_p3wmbwGTdh1tc3swm_540.png tumblr_inline_p3wmanK0Wq1tc3swm_540.png
>all day @ work cutting paper w/ box cutters
>also using guillotine
>come back home
>chop vegetables w/ knife
>changing water in my turtle's aquarium
>carrying the aquarium, made of glass (so ya know, sharp)
>finishes all work, all is good, my hands are not cut at all
>mom tells me to disinfect my hands after the aquarium
>almost rips my finger in half because i had trouble closing the disinfectant bottle
>all day @ work cutting paper w/ box cutters
>also using guillotine
>come back home
>chop vegetables w/ knife
>changing water in my turtle's aquarium
>carrying the aquarium, made of glass (so ya know, sharp)
>finishes all work, all is good, my hands are not cut at all
>mom tells me to disinfect my hands after the aquarium
>almost rips my finger in half because i had trouble closing the disinfectant bottle
tumblr_oj0uar2uNW1tv56zio1_1280.png
stapled my thumb because I placed my thumb underneath the staple-y bit and then without thinking, slammed it down even though........ I knew my thumb was there.......

stepped on a thumbtack

cut myself on the dishwasher at work (????); it left a little scar

I've accidentally kicked myself in the heel with my other foot and had my nail slice open my heel. more than once.

almost broke my toe because I stubbed it on my the edge of my bed. the nail came off and everything :(

was cleaning something at work - we use it to slice tomatoes all at once so it has many, many little blades. I was like, "oh I should clean those blades! let me use this tiny sponge and my bare hands!" and so yeah, sliced open my finger.

I'm pretty clumsy and kind of dumb sometimes.
stapled my thumb because I placed my thumb underneath the staple-y bit and then without thinking, slammed it down even though........ I knew my thumb was there.......

stepped on a thumbtack

cut myself on the dishwasher at work (????); it left a little scar

I've accidentally kicked myself in the heel with my other foot and had my nail slice open my heel. more than once.

almost broke my toe because I stubbed it on my the edge of my bed. the nail came off and everything :(

was cleaning something at work - we use it to slice tomatoes all at once so it has many, many little blades. I was like, "oh I should clean those blades! let me use this tiny sponge and my bare hands!" and so yeah, sliced open my finger.

I'm pretty clumsy and kind of dumb sometimes.
they/them
I cut myself on whiteout. Not the plastic casing, the actually strips that go on the page. To this day I have no idea how one can cut themselves on whiteout, and I may never know.
I cut myself on whiteout. Not the plastic casing, the actually strips that go on the page. To this day I have no idea how one can cut themselves on whiteout, and I may never know.
Untitled_Artwork.png
One time, I was lying on the floor next to my bed for a while. Then I tried to get up... and banged my head on the side of my bed.

And somehow I wake up with random bruises on myself. Makes me question what happens when I sleep...
One time, I was lying on the floor next to my bed for a while. Then I tried to get up... and banged my head on the side of my bed.

And somehow I wake up with random bruises on myself. Makes me question what happens when I sleep...
I was swinging a bag around on my wrist and hit myself in the eye with it.
I was swinging a bag around on my wrist and hit myself in the eye with it.
I hit myself in the head with a door.

I tried to pull it open, but I pulled it a little too aggressively, while I was looking down to grab my bag that I had put down, and BAM! I hit myself in the forehead. Luckily no one saw.
I hit myself in the head with a door.

I tried to pull it open, but I pulled it a little too aggressively, while I was looking down to grab my bag that I had put down, and BAM! I hit myself in the forehead. Luckily no one saw.
Ooh boy, I'll just list a couple because I am a walking disaster.

I have impressively bad depth perception so I often overreach, in which I proceed to physically slam my hand into various hard objects.

Or the time I got a massive bruise on my arm because I am The Actual Worst™ at archery. I had numerous people ask if everything is okay at home, like my co-workers were getting ready for an intervention.

The time I was convinced to climb a trail going up a hill, which turned out to be a mountain, and I messed up my hip. I was limping around for weeks because I'm afraid of going to my doctor. It still bothers me every now and again.

Though my personal best is one of the many times my brain decided to check out. I was cutting thick magazine covers for some nonsense project and I noticed that it was getting harder to pull the exacto knife through the paper. I remembered my professor mentioning that paper is the worst thing for a blade to cut because the wood fibers dull the blade really quickly. So, in my infinite wisdom, I decided to test my blade's sharpness. With my thumb. I pressed my whole thumb against the blade. These blades are essentially scalpels so I cut it pretty deeply. Worst part is, it took a minute to remove my thumb and then another five minutes of looking between my blade and thumb to realize what just happened.
Ooh boy, I'll just list a couple because I am a walking disaster.

I have impressively bad depth perception so I often overreach, in which I proceed to physically slam my hand into various hard objects.

Or the time I got a massive bruise on my arm because I am The Actual Worst™ at archery. I had numerous people ask if everything is okay at home, like my co-workers were getting ready for an intervention.

The time I was convinced to climb a trail going up a hill, which turned out to be a mountain, and I messed up my hip. I was limping around for weeks because I'm afraid of going to my doctor. It still bothers me every now and again.

Though my personal best is one of the many times my brain decided to check out. I was cutting thick magazine covers for some nonsense project and I noticed that it was getting harder to pull the exacto knife through the paper. I remembered my professor mentioning that paper is the worst thing for a blade to cut because the wood fibers dull the blade really quickly. So, in my infinite wisdom, I decided to test my blade's sharpness. With my thumb. I pressed my whole thumb against the blade. These blades are essentially scalpels so I cut it pretty deeply. Worst part is, it took a minute to remove my thumb and then another five minutes of looking between my blade and thumb to realize what just happened.
tumblr_inline_nk71ajhrKe1qg2i5p.png
I fell in the shower... three times... on all three I slipped on the soap I dropped. Now my left hand is permanently ten times veinier than my right arm and twice as weak.
I fell in the shower... three times... on all three I slipped on the soap I dropped. Now my left hand is permanently ten times veinier than my right arm and twice as weak.
Pressiboo #157888

8+ fr time
Somebody dropped some glowing red metal. I thought ‘Huh, I should pick that up for them.’ I burnt my fingers.
Somebody dropped some glowing red metal. I thought ‘Huh, I should pick that up for them.’ I burnt my fingers.
swap_by_rebebird-dcmdt5g.pngtumblr_puemdu5BCj1vjloioo1_100.pngSB3LpZT.png
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 66 67